We Had To Do What He Said, He Might Cut Us

Rotalius Jephersun

Dec 15, 2010, 8:39:45 PM12/15/10
http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/12/jets_players_say_strength_coac.html

Does anyone, ANYONE, believe for one second that the coaching
staff didn't have something to do with this? Oh yeah, the players
take orders on the sideline from the CONDITIONING coach.

Beiselbub©

Dec 15, 2010, 9:01:57 PM12/15/10
On Dec 15, 6:39 pm, Rotalius Jephersun <RR...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/12/jets_players_say_strength_co...

> Does anyone, ANYONE, believe for one second that the coaching
> staff didn't have something to do with this? Oh yeah, the players
> take orders on the sideline from the CONDITIONING coach.

EXACTLY. What is the strength coach doing calling shots for the Jets
on special teams? That's just asinine.

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Dec 15, 2010, 9:20:10 PM12/15/10
> Does anyone, ANYONE, believe for one second that the coaching
> staff didn't have something to do with this? Oh yeah, the players
> take orders on the sideline from the CONDITIONING coach.

Not news! The Jets waterboy has been calling the plays all season
long!

mr dude

eric

Dec 15, 2010, 9:49:40 PM12/15/10
On Dec 15, 9:20 pm, "mr d...@harvarduniversity.edu"

And your game plans BLOW CHUNKS!!!!

cloud dreamer

Dec 15, 2010, 9:55:18 PM12/15/10

Shhh...don't give the Bills any ideas. They might draft the Jets'
waterboy...

..

Ray O'Hara

Dec 15, 2010, 10:34:00 PM12/15/10

"Rotalius Jephersun" <RR...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

the coaches were legally positioned inside there area. actually standing
there to prevent players from the enemy team cheating by going out of bounds
to avoid blockers is smart.
as for Alosi's action. I doubt he was thinking. it was just a spur of the
moment act he now regrets.

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Dec 15, 2010, 10:43:21 PM12/15/10
On Dec 15, 9:55 pm, cloud dreamer <dont.att...@the.messenger> wrote:

> Shhh...don't give the Bills any ideas. They might draft the Jets'
> waterboy...
>
>   ..

My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them
teeth and no toothbrush.

mr dude (So that's what opening up a can of whoop-ass feels like)

Tutor

Dec 15, 2010, 11:12:50 PM12/15/10
> Does anyone, ANYONE, believe for one second that the coaching
> staff didn't have something to do with this? Oh yeah, the players
> take orders on the sideline from the CONDITIONING coach.

Duh.. of course not. Alosi is taking the fall for the Wall. It
would either be Westhoff or Rex.

Westhoff is the Specials guy so it would be him I think of first.

Tutor

Dec 15, 2010, 11:13:05 PM12/15/10
On Dec 15, 9:20 pm, "mr d...@harvarduniversity.edu"
<foster...@gmail.com> wrote:

LOL... good one!

Mattu

Dec 15, 2010, 11:14:34 PM12/15/10

Give it up for Mr. Dude, that's the first funny thing he's written
this year.

marcman

Dec 15, 2010, 11:21:52 PM12/15/10
On Dec 15, 10:34 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Rotalius Jephersun" <RR...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/12/jets_players_say_strength_co...

> > Does anyone, ANYONE, believe for one second that the coaching
> > staff didn't have something to do with this? Oh yeah, the players
> > take orders on the sideline from the CONDITIONING coach.
>
>  the coaches were legally positioned inside there area.

There were five inactive players standing side by side with Alosi.
They were illegally positioned, they are required by rule to stay at
least six feet behind the six foot wide white zone on the out of
bounds side of the sideline. There's a white line drawn six feet
behind the six foot wide white zone. Somebody else posted this here,
it's the diagram of where the coaches are allowed to be and where the
inactive players have to be.

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/nfl-bench-area.png

> actually standing
> there to prevent players from the enemy team cheating by going out of bounds
> to avoid blockers is smart.

But not legal for inactive players to do.

> as for Alosi's action. I doubt he was thinking. it was just a spur of the
> moment act he now regrets.

Sure he regrets it now. But he could have put somebody's eye out
running with scissors like that.

Ray O'Hara

Dec 16, 2010, 1:44:16 AM12/16/10

"Tutor" <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

it was Alosi sticking his knee out that is the problem.
if thew Fish had just run into him there is no issue.

Tutor

Dec 16, 2010, 8:53:32 AM12/16/10
On Dec 16, 1:44 am, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Tutor" <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Alosi made the trip but I'll bet Westy built the wall. Of course,
Alosi takes the fall.

Once again, the culture of this team under Rex Ryan is a bit
alarming. And I like Rex, but there is cause for concern about what
is happening in Florham Park.

Dano

Dec 16, 2010, 9:43:31 AM12/16/10

"Tutor" <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I think there is also a problem of "gunners" deliberately running down the
sidelines that many of us haven't realized is a real issue. The league
might want to consider cracking down on this practice. I for one, hadn't
realized how prevalent the practice is. I always thought it was a fairly
innocent mistake where a guy would accidently take a step or two out of
bounds. That's how naïve I was. Now I've learned it's so common that teams
are actually devising strategies like this to combat it. It's akin to
vigilantism...if you don't provide a legal remedy...players and teams will
take matters into their own hands. This isn't a friendly game of touch.
When that gunner reaches the runner unblocked because he was out of bounds,
he's not going to just "touch him up". He's going to try to rip his
freaking head off.

Far be it for me to defend Rex the Wondercoach or his staff...but I'll bet
other teams do this (building a wall anyway) too. If it's within the
rules...and it's undesirable...fix it. Provide a harsh penalty. But
address the reason it's done as well. And NO...I'm not defending Alosi
going the one (inevitable I think) step beyond either. He was wrong. He
has been sternly punished. But at least the cause has been exposed. It
could be pretty easily addressed really. Back the guys off the sideline by
rule...punishable by penalty...even ejection if repeated offenses make it
necessary. But also tighten the rule on gunners DELIBERATELY...and that's
key...hiding by running out of bounds down the sideline. It's one thing if
a guy is blocked out of bounds. But it ought to be obvious if that's the
case or not. Repeat offenders could be ejected if it came to that.

I give credit to Matt Chatham explaining this pretty clearly.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/12/15/an-unfortunate-situation-has-led-to-some-unwarranted-opinions/#comments

Ray O'Hara

Dec 16, 2010, 10:19:49 AM12/16/10

"Dano" <janea...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> bounds. That's how na�ve I was. Now I've learned it's so common that
> teams are actually devising strategies like this to combat it. It's akin
> to vigilantism...if you don't provide a legal remedy...players and teams
> will take matters into their own hands. This isn't a friendly game of
> touch. When that gunner reaches the runner unblocked because he was out of
> bounds, he's not going to just "touch him up". He's going to try to rip
> his freaking head off.
>
> Far be it for me to defend Rex the Wondercoach or his staff...but I'll bet
> other teams do this (building a wall anyway) too. If it's within the
> rules...and it's undesirable...fix it. Provide a harsh penalty. But
> address the reason it's done as well. And NO...I'm not defending Alosi
> going the one (inevitable I think) step beyond either. He was wrong. He
> has been sternly punished. But at least the cause has been exposed. It
> could be pretty easily addressed really. Back the guys off the sideline
> by rule...punishable by penalty...even ejection if repeated offenses make
> it necessary. But also tighten the rule on gunners DELIBERATELY...and
> that's key...hiding by running out of bounds down the sideline. It's one
> thing if a guy is blocked out of bounds. But it ought to be obvious if
> that's the case or not. Repeat offenders could be ejected if it came to
> that.
>
> I give credit to Matt Chatham explaining this pretty clearly.
>
> http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/12/15/an-unfortunate-situation-has-led-to-some-unwarranted-opinions/#comments

well according to some , having inactive players forming the wall was a
violation.
clearly it's time for the NFL to step in and whack the Jest with a mega
fine.
say $100,000+ for each Rex and the GM., after all the Jest used to be such
rules nazies.
clearly the poisonous atmosphere was created by Rex.

Message has been deleted

Ron

Dec 16, 2010, 11:12:03 AM12/16/10
On Dec 15, 10:34 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Rotalius Jephersun" <RR...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/12/jets_players_say_strength_co...

> > Does anyone, ANYONE, believe for one second that the coaching
> > staff didn't have something to do with this? Oh yeah, the players
> > take orders on the sideline from the CONDITIONING coach.
>
>  the coaches were legally positioned inside there area. actually standing
> there to prevent players from the enemy team cheating by going out of bounds
> to avoid blockers is smart.

It's NOT cheating....especially if the player is BLOCK/FORCED out of
bounds....then again, as a Pats fan, you're an expert on cheating.

J Lunis

Dec 16, 2010, 11:47:23 AM12/16/10
> out of bounds. That's how na�ve I was. Now I've learned it's so common

> that teams are actually devising strategies like this to combat it. It's
> akin to vigilantism...if you don't provide a legal remedy...players and
> teams will take matters into their own hands. This isn't a friendly game
> of touch. When that gunner reaches the runner unblocked because he was
> out of bounds, he's not going to just "touch him up". He's going to try
> to rip his freaking head off.
>
> Far be it for me to defend Rex the Wondercoach or his staff...but I'll
> bet other teams do this (building a wall anyway) too. If it's within the
> rules...and it's undesirable...fix it. Provide a harsh penalty. But
> address the reason it's done as well. And NO...I'm not defending Alosi
> going the one (inevitable I think) step beyond either. He was wrong. He
> has been sternly punished. But at least the cause has been exposed. It
> could be pretty easily addressed really. Back the guys off the sideline
> by rule...punishable by penalty...even ejection if repeated offenses
> make it necessary. But also tighten the rule on gunners
> DELIBERATELY...and that's key...hiding by running out of bounds down the
> sideline. It's one thing if a guy is blocked out of bounds. But it ought
> to be obvious if that's the case or not. Repeat offenders could be
> ejected if it came to that.
>
> I give credit to Matt Chatham explaining this pretty clearly.
>
> http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/12/15/an-unfortunate-situation-has-led-to-some-unwarranted-opinions/#comments

prevalent? I'm not sure how prevalent that behavior is but I'll be
surprised if it is 'common.' If it is 'prevalent' in the league to let
the blockers knowingly push the gunner into harms way, the whole NFL is
disgusting.
Assigning a low-level NFL employee (or the task can be done by a sports
writer to watch only ST plays in all games for only the last 7 days
should answer the 'prevalent' question. But what do I know.

J Morgan

Dec 16, 2010, 12:03:35 PM12/16/10
On 12/15/2010 10:34 PM, Ray O'Hara wrote:

> the coaches were legally positioned inside there(their) area. actually standing

> there to prevent players from the enemy team cheating by going out of bounds
> to avoid blockers is smart.
> as for Alosi's action. I doubt he was thinking. it was just a spur of the
> moment act he now regrets.

The above is an example of how a liberal's mind works.

Diogenes

Dec 16, 2010, 12:05:42 PM12/16/10
You'll have to forgive Ray, he's an Obama voter

J Morgan

Dec 16, 2010, 12:09:28 PM12/16/10
On 12/16/2010 10:19 AM, Ray O'Hara wrote:

>> I give credit to Matt Chatham explaining this pretty clearly.
>>
>> http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/12/15/an-unfortunate-situation-has-led-to-some-unwarranted-opinions/#comments
>
> well according to some , having inactive players forming the wall was a
> violation.
> clearly it's time for the NFL to step in and whack the Jest with a mega
> fine.
> say $100,000+ for each Rex and the GM., after all the Jest used to be such
> rules nazies.
> clearly the poisonous atmosphere was created by Rex.

stop calling people nazis(not nazies) you liberal fucking pig

Ray O'Hara

Dec 16, 2010, 12:20:51 PM12/16/10

"Ron" <BigEL...@msn.com> wrote in message

On Dec 15, 10:34 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Rotalius Jephersun" <RR...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/12/jets_players_say_strength_co...
>
> > Does anyone, ANYONE, believe for one second that the coaching
> > staff didn't have something to do with this? Oh yeah, the players
> > take orders on the sideline from the CONDITIONING coach.
>
> the coaches were legally positioned inside there area. actually standing
> there to prevent players from the enemy team cheating by going out of
> bounds
> to avoid blockers is smart.

if a player goes out of bounds and then makes the tackle or recovers a
fumble he is assessed a penalty.
he can though participate if someone else touches the ball or initiates the
tackle first.
if its a penalty it is by extension cheating.
the Jest were just trying to out cheat the Fish, but in true Rexian fashion
they botched it.

Deadmeat

Dec 16, 2010, 12:37:09 PM12/16/10

Great. Now the assholes that hang out in the what used to be Patsie
newsgroup are infesting this one and the jets.

cloud dreamer

Dec 16, 2010, 1:26:24 PM12/16/10
On 16/12/2010 1:50 PM, Ray O'Hara wrote:
> "Ron"<BigEL...@msn.com> wrote in message
> On Dec 15, 10:34 pm, "Ray O'Hara"<raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> "Rotalius Jephersun"<RR...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/12/jets_players_say_strength_co...
>>
>>> Does anyone, ANYONE, believe for one second that the coaching
>>> staff didn't have something to do with this? Oh yeah, the players
>>> take orders on the sideline from the CONDITIONING coach.
>>
>> the coaches were legally positioned inside there area. actually standing
>> there to prevent players from the enemy team cheating by going out of
>> bounds
>> to avoid blockers is smart.
>

> if a player goes out of bounds and then makes the tackle or recovers a
> fumble he is assessed a penalty.
> he can though participate if someone else touches the ball or initiates the
> tackle first.
> if its a penalty it is by extension cheating.
> the Jest were just trying to out cheat the Fish, but in true Rexian fashion
> they botched it.

I don't think forming the wall is the problem. I have trouble with the
guy deliberately poking out his knee to interfere/trip the player.

..

--
We must change the way we live
Or the climate will do it for us

Dano

Dec 16, 2010, 1:47:01 PM12/16/10

"Ron" <BigEL...@msn.com> wrote in message

It's my understanding that only players waiting to enter the game are
allowed to stand there. But they are all required to stay three feet back
of the white line. So yes. It certainly IS cheating as you define
cheating. And far more unsportsmanlike (deliberate intent to injure) than
filming a freaking practice...you jackass.

Dano

Dec 16, 2010, 1:53:37 PM12/16/10

"J Lunis" <jay....@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> out of bounds. That's how naïve I was. Now I've learned it's so common

What? Are the big words causing confusion? If you prefer
commonplace...fine. I think you will find this is not uncommon. The point
is, I think it's a lousy thing to do by the gunner...now read carefully...I
can see that's not your strong suit...if he runs down the sideline, out of
bounds (where he may not be blocked), DELIBERATELY. That is just as surely
"cheating" as forming a wall too close to the field of play. Of course
tripping a player is totally indefensible. I have heard or read no one
defending THAT.

Dano

Dec 16, 2010, 1:55:23 PM12/16/10

"Deadmeat" <no...@home.com> wrote in message

Trim the crosspost then asshole.

<PLONK>

Ron

Dec 16, 2010, 3:24:08 PM12/16/10
On Dec 16, 1:47 pm, "Dano" <janeandd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Ron" <BigELil...@msn.com> wrote in message

I'm talking about the gunner being out of bounds, not the wall/line
that the JEST formed, moron.

Dano

Dec 16, 2010, 4:14:09 PM12/16/10

"Ron" <BigEL...@msn.com> wrote in message

The "JEST" eh? You'd need to "cheat" to reach the level of moron you
imbecile.

euphy

Dec 16, 2010, 5:29:09 PM12/16/10

Spoken like a true, bleeding-heart liberal. Let's put him on disability
and give him a research grant.

cloud dreamer

Dec 16, 2010, 5:34:50 PM12/16/10

Wow. How did you manage to politicize that??? Pretty sad that you look
at everything through Conservative black tinted glasses.

<plonk>

,,

Ron

Dec 16, 2010, 5:41:01 PM12/16/10

Deadmeat

Dec 16, 2010, 5:49:39 PM12/16/10

Thanks, Ron. I may use that as my desktop.

Ron

Dec 16, 2010, 6:03:46 PM12/16/10

It's a timeless classic!

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Dec 16, 2010, 8:30:14 PM12/16/10
On Dec 16, 3:24 pm, Ron <BigELil...@msn.com> wrote:

> I'm talking about the gunner being out of bounds, not the wall/line
> that the JEST formed, moron.

Where the hell was the "get back" guy?????

mr dude (If you watch NFL Films you know what I'm talking about)

rt

Dec 16, 2010, 9:55:01 PM12/16/10
On Dec 16, 5:30 pm, "mr d...@harvarduniversity.edu"

Alosi IS the "get back" guy, moron...

Tutor

Dec 17, 2010, 12:12:01 AM12/17/10
On Dec 16, 1:47 pm, "Dano" <janeandd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Ron" <BigELil...@msn.com> wrote in message

Belichick's vacation retreat:

http://www.cheatlaketoday.com/

Fred Fredburger

Dec 17, 2010, 3:37:35 AM12/17/10

The Matt Chatham article you linked to quite clearly DOES defend Alosi's
actions. It says a lot of other things, but minimalizing and justifying
tripping is in there as well. It's good to learn that you didn't agree
with that part of the article.

rt

Dec 17, 2010, 4:07:17 AM12/17/10
> >http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010...

Perhaps you really mean you give credit to Chatham for making crap up.

He makes big hay about how Carroll was flagged for being OB before the
trip, too damn bad it wasn't Carroll on that play. And sadly, that is
only the beginning of the logical fallacies in his tome.

Maybe if Chatham suffered a few less skull shots he'd be able to pen a
factually correct article?

rt

J Lunis

Dec 17, 2010, 8:47:03 AM12/17/10
Calm down, man. Notice I don't disagree with you. Notice I said "I'm
not sure." My only point was I do not know how many teams regularly
create 'the wall' in attempt to get an edge. (If it IS 'standard
practice' I would have expected SOMEONE (sports writer / Jets personnel)
to point that out.) If it is NOT standard practice, ONE man should not
be allowed to take the fall.

Dano

Dec 17, 2010, 9:31:07 AM12/17/10

> Belichick's vacation retreat:
>
> http://www.cheatlaketoday.com/

I'm sure you think that was fucking hilarious...but I don't click on shit
like that from turds like you.

<PLONK>

Dano

Dec 17, 2010, 9:42:16 AM12/17/10

> Calm down, man. Notice I don't disagree with you. Notice I said "I'm not
> sure." My only point was I do not know how many teams regularly create
> 'the wall' in attempt to get an edge. (If it IS 'standard practice' I
> would have expected SOMEONE (sports writer / Jets personnel) to point that
> out.) If it is NOT standard practice, ONE man should not be allowed to
> take the fall.

Well I hadn't realized it was not uncommon for "gunners" to deliberately run
out of bounds in order to "hide" or avoid blocks. I had assumed they got
blocked out of bounds mostly. Maybe this is being exaggerated, but I'll be
interested to hear more about it. I'LL certainly be taking closer note of
the sidelines during games for a while on runbacks. Kind of hard to do that
on TV though. I happened to catch a little of a discussion with Felger on
CSN the other night. He was claiming that the Pats actually DO do the same
thing, but his supporting video was a long, grainy shot that proved nothing.
All I could see were around four or five uniformed players with helmets on,
lined up. I thought it pretty clear they were probably lined up waiting to
enter the game. Of course none of Felgy's cohorts noted that. I would
expect this to be discussed in detail by the rules committee in the off
season.

euphy

Dec 17, 2010, 1:34:30 PM12/17/10

You know what chump... <plonk> is right up there with LOL and
BAAAWHAHAHA among the most juvenile and vapid devices that children find
amusing and original as replies.

Dano

Dec 17, 2010, 1:42:49 PM12/17/10

"euphy" <e�phe...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Why? I should waste my time reading asinine, inane and juvenile comments
from shitheels like YOU?

I don't fucking think so. Life is too short. So I won't say it. I usually
don't. You must be a Dolphin fan. So...

<SPLASH> Better?

Ron

Dec 17, 2010, 2:16:45 PM12/17/10
On Dec 17, 1:42 pm, "Dano" <janeandd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "euphy" <e phem...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> > On 12/17/2010 8:31 AM, Dano wrote:
>
> >> "Tutor" <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> I'm sure you think that was fucking hilarious...but I don't click on
> >> shit like that from turds like you.
>
> >> <PLONK>
>
> > You know what chump...  <plonk> is right up there with LOL and BAAAWHAHAHA
> > among the most juvenile and vapid devices that children find amusing and
> > original as replies.
>
> Why?

Swoosh!

Dano

Dec 17, 2010, 3:02:38 PM12/17/10

> Swoosh!

Ah yes...adventures in mindless snippage...

What is YOUR part in all of this Ronny? What group are YOU trolling from I
wonder?

Ron

Dec 17, 2010, 3:31:59 PM12/17/10
On Dec 17, 3:02 pm, "Dano" <janeandd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Ron" <BigELil...@msn.com> wrote in message

Had you been paying attention for the past few yrs you would know I'm
a Dolphins and Magic fan.

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Dec 17, 2010, 7:48:57 PM12/17/10

LOL!!!!!!

mr dude (BAAAWHAHAHA)

Valravn

Dec 17, 2010, 9:32:37 PM12/17/10
"Dano" wrote in message news:iegav8$i2d$1...@news.eternal-september.org...

<SPLASH> Better?

Me too, me too! Please <PLONK> me too.

Valravn

Ray O'Hara

Dec 19, 2010, 10:01:57 AM12/19/10

"Fred Fredburger" <FredFr...@Where.Are.The.Nachos> wrote in message

Alosi was there because he was told to be there.
he is only to blame for the trip.
otherwise nothing was his idea.

take the header, only Rex can cut people.
he is the real cheater.