Vlad Ducasse

Tutor

Aug 15, 2011, 10:01:44 PM8/15/11
Oh my Gawd.

He is just atrocious. Perhaps the worst Olineman ever drafted by the
organization, let alone with the 2nd round pick. He won't make the
team. We have serious issues on this Oline. SERIOUS

On a brighter note, Kyle Wilson actually knew where the ball was at
times.

2010 draft = very very bad (so far)

Papa Carl

Aug 15, 2011, 11:05:08 PM8/15/11

"Tutor" <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

And McKnight can NOT block, and runs crappy pass routes....but the worst
is..he is going to get Sanchez killed.

John C TX

Aug 16, 2011, 8:36:13 AM8/16/11
On Aug 15, 10:05 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Tutor" <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Papa, I just posted that I thought he picked up the blitz. Are you
saying technically what he was doing or mentally? He at least saw it
which is more than I can ever say about Leon Washington. I will re-
watch it but I truly was pleased he saw the blitz several times &
actually blocked.

Message has been deleted

Tutor

Aug 16, 2011, 2:28:38 PM8/16/11
On Aug 16, 8:50 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dave weren't you one of those guys saying Ferguson sucked his first
> two years?  I am not saying he is good or will be but he improved
> after that early sack.  I will watch it again. The highlights I just
> watched now looked really bad but:
>
> 1. They lost Turner.
> 2. They were playing w/o Moore & Mangold.
> 3. He has been practicing at guard & got moved to tackle after Turner
> went down.
> 4. He is a project as he is from a 1AA school so take a deep breath.
>
> Wilson made some plays so maybe there is hope.

No I was the guy trying to be the voice of reason vs. Jonny and all
the other anti-Brick guys from the first day he entered camp. He's
come around big. I don't see the same potential in Vlad. He was lost
out there. A matador without a cape.

Ritchie

Aug 16, 2011, 2:43:55 PM8/16/11
On Aug 15, 11:05 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:

> And McKnight can NOT block, and runs crappy pass routes....but the worst
> is..he is going to get Sanchez killed.

I guess you and I are the only ones that noticed how bad McKnight is
at blocking. I am really afraid for Sanchez this season.

John C TX

Aug 16, 2011, 3:38:32 PM8/16/11

He is & always a project & maybe didn't warrant the # 2. My untrained
tells me he is probably a guard more than a tackle but look at the
circumstances. He was playing next to the #2 center & then the #3
center. That Turner breaks his leg critical he step up. Show your
patience again.

Papa Carl

Aug 16, 2011, 4:40:20 PM8/16/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

He got blown up ! He has no power at all...he sits and waits for the guy
to run into him. He will get killed himself doing it this way.

Papa Carl

Aug 16, 2011, 4:41:19 PM8/16/11

"Ritchie" <ritch...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Do you think some of the others mistook another back for McKnight????? He
was horrendous...sits and waits, no drive, no set up and he got totally
blown up...leveled.

JohnC(TX)

Aug 17, 2011, 8:00:42 AM8/17/11

"Papa Carl" <papa...@verizon.net> wrote in message

I saw that happen once but I was just happy he saw it. I saw him pick up
the blitz 3-4 times, which like I have said ad nauseum, Leon never did.

Its fixable, correct?

Johnny Morongo

Aug 17, 2011, 11:16:32 AM8/17/11
On 8/16/2011 11:28 AM, Tutor wrote:

>> Wilson made some plays so maybe there is hope.
>
> No I was the guy trying to be the voice of reason vs. Jonny and all
> the other anti-Brick guys from the first day he entered camp. He's
> come around big. I don't see the same potential in Vlad. He was lost
> out there. A matador without a cape.

Ahem...that's Johnny, you ignorant slut! And if you'll notice, I've
gone soft on Brick the last two years. He has grown into a serviceable
LT. He's still not a bona fide Pro Bowler, let alone an All Pro, but he
has improved over his first three less than stellar years.

But I'm still not sure about Vlad. Shoot me. He's been played all over
the place. Maybe he needs NOT to be an all-purpose O-lineman. Give one
job to do at a time. Then lets see. But there was certainly better
options for us in the second round (even though I thought it was a
pretty piss poor draft through and through), and that I put on Tannenbaum.

Papa Carl

Aug 17, 2011, 8:48:23 PM8/17/11

"JohnC(TX)" <johnctx...@gmail.com> wrote in message

If he has some "pop" it is fixable...if he wants to hit, it is
fixable...with him it is technique and something he probably never did.

JetsLife

Aug 18, 2011, 12:17:57 AM8/18/11

Relax big guy. He's still a kid acclimating. And it's preseason - hard
to judge anything. Vlad's destiny will be decided over the next 3
years.

JetsLife

Aug 18, 2011, 12:13:35 AM8/18/11

Lol re "ignorant slut" - assuming you got that from Mick Jagger on SNL
or was there a previous sighting?

Tutor

Aug 18, 2011, 3:03:20 AM8/18/11

Sure. You keep count of the number of players he gets killed and get
back to us. 50/50 he's not on the roster next year at this time. He
doesn't seem to have any football instincts. Likely bust.

Tutor

Aug 18, 2011, 3:08:16 AM8/18/11
On Aug 17, 11:16 am, Johnny Morongo <Moro...@Burf.com> wrote:

Brick and Mangold were outstanding picks. Ducasse is lost. No
instincts.

Tutor

Aug 18, 2011, 3:06:39 AM8/18/11

Are you for real? The phrase "Jane, you ignorant slut" was made famous
on SNL by Dan Akyroyd in the late 1970's.

JetsLife

Aug 18, 2011, 5:24:03 AM8/18/11
> on SNL by Dan Akyroyd in the late 1970's.- Hide quoted text -

I was born in '75 so please excuse my ignorance.

JetsLife

Aug 18, 2011, 5:29:33 AM8/18/11
> doesn't seem to have any football instincts.  Likely bust.- Hide quoted text -

Okay, I know where you're coming from. But Tut, he's a backup. Relax
brother.

All is well in Jets Land. We have competent leadership, and they've
yet again assembled a solid outfit. Let's go out and sweep the
goddamned division.

Ducasse? That's a non issue!

Johnny Morongo

Aug 18, 2011, 3:13:20 PM8/18/11

LOL. Now I understand your sometimes wild flights of fancy.

Johnny Morongo

Aug 18, 2011, 3:21:13 PM8/18/11

I know what it looks like, but I don't yet know if that's the real
picture of him. Rex seems to think that he really wasn't all that bad.
Gotta give him at least half as much leeway as you and some others
afforded the early for the struggles of Brick. He, at least wasn't the
#4 pick in his draft class.

I'll wait another tick before I get out the .12 gauge, but rest assured,
if I wind up seeing him as lost as you now think him to be, Kaboom!

Johnny Morongo

Aug 18, 2011, 3:22:54 PM8/18/11
> weeks.

Fixed it.