How about Josh McDaniels for OC of the NYJ?

1 view

yoyodog

Dec 6, 2010, 11:19:05 PM12/6/10
Good OC, used to work for Bellichik, great spy...

Message has been deleted

RickyBobby

Dec 7, 2010, 1:05:40 AM12/7/10

"buRford" wrote in message

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 23:19:05 -0500, "yoyodog" <NOS...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Good OC, used to work for Bellichik, great spy...

As I said in an earlier post, that would work for me.
Heck... Paul Hackett would work for me.
Conservative I can deal with. Total abject incompetence, not really.

Josh McDaniels would destroy the Jets just as surely as he destroyed the
Broncos. There is something really wrong with that guy.

Harlan Lachman

Dec 7, 2010, 11:25:28 AM12/7/10
In article <idkckv$1p2$1...@news.datemas.de>, "yoyodog" <NOS...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Good OC, used to work for Bellichik, great spy...

His play calling and use of personnel sure worked for Pat Bowlen.

Frankly, I would prefer giving Callahan a chance at play calling or Matt
R before the year is done and it is too late to see if either can do
better.

harlan

cd

Dec 7, 2010, 8:52:45 PM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 11:25 am, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article <idkckv$1p...@news.datemas.de>, "yoyodog" <NOS...@yahoo.com>

Yo love the idea of Callahan as OC.

Message has been deleted

John C TX

Dec 8, 2010, 9:42:54 AM12/8/10

> > His play calling and use of personnel sure worked for Pat Bowlen.
>
> > Frankly, I would prefer giving Callahan a chance at play calling or Matt
> > R before the year is done and it is too late to see if either can do
> > better.
>
> > harlan
>
> Yo love the idea of Callahan as OC.

H & CD, Callahan may be a perfect fit. The Raiders had some success
but had a very seasoned QB in his prime, good RB's & hall of fame
receivers. He did take over for Gruden.

My worries:

1. I watched him at Nebraska & they were horrible.
2. The OL is a problem this year and that is Callahan's job. I would
like to know if statistically we jump more than other teams? H, I know
you think it is partially due to the shifts and being willing to
concede I don't know everything how do you explain the movement by our
OL when there is nothing special about what they are doing? Maybe the
vast improvement in oyur OL should be credited to Callahan and it is
worth the penalties.

Harlan Lachman

Dec 8, 2010, 4:43:37 PM12/8/10
In article
<be3ba884-a4fa-476e...@39g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,

John, I share all your concerns. That is why I would love to shift the
play calling to Callahan this season, soon. Put Shott upstairs.

Let's find out if anyone can change this offensive non-juggernaut. The
worst thing would be to not know if we lose Shott for any reason.

harlan

cd

Dec 8, 2010, 7:28:52 PM12/8/10
On Dec 8, 4:43 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <be3ba884-a4fa-476e-b2c1-8c5283e75...@39g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
> harlan- Hide quoted text -

I don't ever recall having so much talent on offense, where or who is
the weak link? The QB, while young, is already beyond my
expectations. Who is the player the Jets need to bring in then? It
has to be the OC or the HC.

Harlan Lachman

Dec 8, 2010, 11:47:21 PM12/8/10
In article
<72e5681a-547e-46b8...@u3g2000vbj.googlegroups.com>,
cd <cd...@verizon.net> wrote:

I agree but we don't know the plays, assignments and have the film.

Could be the plays are designed not to our players strengths. Could be
Sanchez is missing keys to get out of bad plays and too many bad plays
are called. Could be, as I suspect that our personnel groupings and
motions give the plays away and give opposing Defenses an edge. Or it
could be that Sanchez is wildly inaccurate, panics when things are going
bad or was hurt.

We cannot know, especially with media who think giving their slant on
Rex' answers to their questions is journalism, who have never played the
game at higher levels so they could understand what happened if they
rewatched film, and who don't seem to know or spend as much time as the
folks in this NG.

Harlan

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Dec 9, 2010, 1:51:55 PM12/9/10
In article
<ba75c1ce-0b2e-4f75...@s4g2000yql.googlegroups.com>,

John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > John, I share all your concerns. That is why I would love to shift the
> > play calling to Callahan this season, soon. Put Shott upstairs.
> >
> > Let's find out if anyone can change this offensive non-juggernaut.  The
> > worst thing would be to not know if we lose Shott for any reason.
> >
> > harlan
>

> harlan, they would sack Schott before they neutered him. Who would
> work for Rex again if they did that?
>
> Everyone in here has their theories from Woody having a crush on
> Schott to the fact Schott is Marty's son. My theory is that for some
> reason Rex thought he was good. Until I talk to Rex it is all beer
> talk and nothing else.

When you talk to him, suggest he raise Shott on high and have the hoi
polloi (i.e., Callahan) do the heavy lifting of calling plays.