ESPN's Power Rankings

1 view

JetsLife

Aug 15, 2011, 11:41:05 AM8/15/11
Laughable. Green Bay No. 1 - obvious good choice.

But then the Pats, Eagles, Saints, in that order, ahead of the
Steelers? Hilarious.

Pittsburgh goes to its 3rd Super Bowl last year in the past what 5
years, yet ESPN ranks them below three teams that lost in the first
round of the playoffs last year. Lol

Papa Carl

Aug 15, 2011, 12:10:20 PM8/15/11

"JetsLife" <Jets...@aol.com> wrote in message

I don't get your point. That was then, this is now. Change in players,
P'burgh got tons of breaks to make it to where they were, including playing
the Jets lack luster first half effort. With the changes made by
Philadelphia I would put them very high in any rankings, maybe the Pats too.
Historically, there is a big drop off for any team that loses the Super
Bowl...so that ranking makes a lot of sense to me.

Michael

Aug 15, 2011, 1:03:16 PM8/15/11

i guess the espn rankings make some sense... the pats, IMHO will win
the div and go out early in the playoffs... so... i rank them on the
fast track to post season elimination...

the fun thing for me to guess is what team will be the big surprise...

the lions and cards are both being talkd about as the sleeper teams,
so i gusss i cant really pick them as a surprise team...

my surprise team pick this year is the browns... :-)

MZ

Aug 15, 2011, 3:27:10 PM8/15/11

Rams for sleeper maybe? Could be Houston's year finally.

Gotta like the Eagles, although I don't know that we can expect a
repeat from the QB position. I like the Steelers and Pats more, I
think. Ravens always look good this time of year too.

Michael

Aug 15, 2011, 3:56:17 PM8/15/11
> think.  Ravens always look good this time of year too.- Hide quoted text -

oh, yes... Rams... Them too for sleeper... Bradford looked great last
year... And I thought Clausen would look better out of the starting
gate... :/ Ug !

JetsLife

Aug 18, 2011, 12:03:09 AM8/18/11
On Aug 15, 12:10 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "JetsLife" <JetsL...@aol.com> wrote in message

Point taken.

I like to go by results. Much as it pains me to say, the Steelers may
have the best program in the league. All they do is go to / win Super
Bowls. To me NE & NO are finesse teams possibly going nowhere of note
fast. Lighting up the scoreboard means nothing if you can't defend. If
their defenses improve that'll help them.

Philly's ranking I can semi understand, they are indeed loaded across
almost the entire board. Yet their dog-killer QB didn't wow in the
postseason - at home - last season. Jury is out on Vick's postseason
wherewithal.

So to me: placing those three teams ahead of Pittsburgh is folly.
Hell, putting them ahead of the glorious Jets is also questionable.
Last we heard the Jets, Pittsburgh, GB & Chicago were the last four
standing. In a sense that's where any preseason rankings should begin.
And with the Jets ranked No. 1.

Papa Carl

Aug 18, 2011, 6:49:32 AM8/18/11

"JetsLife" <Jets...@aol.com> wrote in message

Point taken.

Before you go ballistic on Vick be realistic. He did a crime and he did his
time. He appears to be among the very few who learned something and made
significant changes in his lifestyle. I'd rather have guys like him around
than ones that continue that life on the edge crap. As far as mechanics go,
the Vick of today is as good an example of perfect mechanics as any playing.
He did not have a lot of help around at times late last season. I live in
Mercer County, NJ...lots of Eagles fans, Giants fans and us Jets fans. I
honestly think Vick will become one of the best ever if he continues on his
current path. I can not see ranking the Jets number one by any stretch.
They have serious issues in the O line now made worse by a key injury. And,
like I said, the team that loses a Super Bowl and those that were close for
a couple of years seem to go the downward direction when they don't make it.