Re: Jets tipping their plays...

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Jan 26, 2011, 1:57:11 PM1/26/11

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
news:jbo0k6lqh7hbb98gs...@4ax.com...
> [...]
> plays. Whoever
> scouts the Jets O, for the Jets, should be fired.
>

> Jets tipped their plays on Steelers' goal-line stand
> Posted by Michael David Smith on January 26, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
>
> The Steelers' goal-line stand against the Jets in the fourth quarter of
> the AFC
> Championship Game has been thoroughly discussed, but we should take a
> moment to mention
> the great analysis that NFL Network's Playbook show had of those four
> plays, when the Jets
> started with first-and-goal from the 2-yard line and ended up getting
> stuffed on
> fourth-and-goal at the 1.
>
> As Playbook demonstrated, the Jets were tipping their plays, especially
> when right tackle
> Wayne Hunter lined up in a two-point stance on third-and-goal from the
> 1-yard line, all
> but telling Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley that it was a pass, not a
> run.
>
> "On third-and-1, your right tackle's in a two-point stance," Playbook
> analyst Brian
> Baldinger said. "Right now, LaMarr Woodley knows you're not running the
> ball. You're not
> running the ball out of a two-point stance on the goal line. Right there,
> that's a dead
> giveaway. LaMarr Woodley doesn't charge he just plays the ball and bats it
> down."
>
> As our friend Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports has pointed out, the Playbook
> analysis did a
> perfect job of illustrating that Woodley looked at Hunter's stance and
> immediately knew a
> pass was coming, and it was easy for Woodley to simply stand there at the
> line of
> scrimmage, put his hands up and knock the pass down.
>
> Baldinger also pointed out that on fourth-and-goal from the 1-yard line,
> there was a big
> hole in the middle of the Steelers' defense - - but only for a
> split-second, and by the
> time Jets running back LaDainian Tomlinson got to the line of scrimmage,
> the hole was
> closed. Tomlinson, surprisingly, lined up seven yards behind the line of
> scrimmage on the
> play. If he had lined up five yards deep in the backfield, he might have
> gotten to the
> hole in time.
>
> On a fourth-and-1 earlier in the same drive, the Jets had gone with an
> I-formation handoff
> up the gut to Shonn Greene, and Greene responded by plunging forward for
> two yards and a
> first down. Greene also picked up a yard on first-and-goal from the 2-yard
> line. But with
> three more tries to get one more yard, the Jets never went to Greene
> again, instead trying
> to get too cute with their play calling. The Steelers saw that coming all

AMEN ! Why some people think it was well designed plays I will never
understand...it was horrendous in that spot on the field. If they didn't
think they could have made a one yard gain they should have spread the field
and had Greene go wide...or even LT if they wanted him in...and if they HAD
to throw it go trips wide and look for the backside stuff or a bootleg,
because that was open with the way the Steelers were jammed in. The entire
season was Schott trying to trick people...he never let his players do what
they could do and develop the offense.

Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 26, 2011, 2:49:03 PM1/26/11

this is just one example... and i want to know why so many people in
the media defend this guy... last night michael kay was on 1050 having
a hissy fit defending schotty... i dont get it...

Michael

Jan 26, 2011, 3:03:06 PM1/26/11
On Jan 26, 2:46 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> First off my bet is Rex involved.  LT is his guy. We do agree on one
> thing.  Greene should get more carries but with Rex bragging not only
> on Hard Knocks but also all year that LT was the right choice would
> lead most to think it is his choice.  The offense since Rex showed up
> has gone from 60% passing to 50% passing.  The formations have changed
> starting last year with 2 & 3 TE formations -- one of my big bitches
> about Schott.
>
> I hate to blow holes in your another one of anti-Schott tirades but if
> Wayne Hunter was in the wrong stance for the situation wouldn't that
> fall on Callahan? Don't you want them to sack Schott & put Callahan in
> the job?
>
> Finally, that was some bad play calling at the goal line, but the
> first pass play on 2nd down was not a good play.  Sanchez didn't make
> the throw.  Keller was open and had position.  Btw he was on the move
> when he threw it.
>
> I am not defending Schott I just find your endless posts speculating
> about things you don't know  to defend your anti-Schott position
> annoying.- Hide quoted text -

john... did you read this part of the article ???

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 26, 2011, 3:33:06 PM1/26/11
On Jan 26, 3:24 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > john... did you read this part of the article ???
>
> > "But with three more tries to get one more yard, the Jets never went
> > to Greene again, instead trying to get too cute with their play
> > calling. The Steelers saw that coming all the way."
>
> Did you read what I wrote? I said it was bad play calling.  I would
> have ran it 4 times. The radio obviously flustered Schott & probably
> didn't help Sanchez.
>
> Do you deny Keller was open on 2nd down & Sanchez didn't make the
> throw?

cant deny what you can see clearly... keller was open... my point
is... strange play calling has been just about constant. sanchez blew
the pass, but that was this time... not every time... schotty-rex
never seem to stop coming up with strange offensive choices at big
times. under schotty, the only time i liked the jets offense was the
favre version before he got hurt...

Michael

Jan 26, 2011, 3:41:28 PM1/26/11
On Jan 26, 3:29 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > this is just one example... and i want to know why so many people in
> > the media defend this guy... last night michael kay was on 1050 having
> > a hissy fit defending schotty...  i dont get it...
>
> Two people can look at things & come away with a different opinion. I
> have one direct tie to an ex-college coach who has pro roots as well.
> He likes Schott. I hear that another NFL coach likes him and he was
> rival of his old man.
>
> There are problems with that  offense not all of them are Schott.
> Ryan & a very young QB are also to blame.
>
> Michael, how are we even talking about Schott when the defense got ts
> butt kicked in the 1st half?

the jets defense lost them this game... no question about it. the
offense could not produce in the first half because the jet defense
could not get the steeler offense off the field

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 26, 2011, 4:11:41 PM1/26/11
On Jan 26, 3:58 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I heard that & almost called in, to ask him about the 13 1st quarters, without a TD
> ;)
> They defended the Preacher until he was booted.
> Ya have to realize that Kay only said that, AFTER Rex said Schott was coming back.
> The Media, especially the station that broadcasts a team, will very rarely challenge the
> status quo, unless they're willing to take the chance they'll lose access to
> coaches/players.  Kay has Rex & Sanchez on weekly.  Challenging Rex's decision might
> change that.- Hide quoted text -

i like the way kay calls the yankee games, but his opinions on his
radio show are often bs. my fav jets commentaots are former players.
buttle and klecko.

John C TX

Jan 26, 2011, 4:21:33 PM1/26/11
Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 3:24 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > john... did you read this part of the article ???
>
> > > "But with three more tries to get one more yard, the Jets never went
> > > to Greene again, instead trying to get too cute with their play
> > > calling. The Steelers saw that coming all the way."
>
> > Did you read what I wrote? I said it was bad play calling.  I would
> > have ran it 4 times. The radio obviously flustered Schott & probably
> > didn't help Sanchez.
>
> > Do you deny Keller was open on 2nd down & Sanchez didn't make the
> > throw?
>
> cant deny what you can see clearly... keller was open... my point
> is... strange play calling has been just about constant.  sanchez blew
> the pass, but that was this time... not every time...

I know and I maintain he is getting better but he is young. He is
tough, can move, throw the ball & there may be better system or he may
be holding back the offense as he learns. I still maintain that the QB
drives the offense.

>schotty-rex
> never seem to stop coming up with strange offensive choices at big
> times.

My guess & it is only a guess is that the offense is conflicted.
maybe schott can't deliver what Rex wants.

>under schotty, the only time i liked the jets offense was the
> favre version before he got hurt...

I liked year one but maybe it was Chad & not Schott. We were thin but
we did OK.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 26, 2011, 4:27:33 PM1/26/11
On Jan 26, 4:08 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> I seem to remember the Jets O getting the ball, after the Steelers first score... when it
> was 7-0.- Hide quoted text -

good point, but you cant ignore the time of possession imbalance in
the first half... also... the players love rex so much and want to win
for him that they forget how to tackle ??? in a championship game no
less. the defense that rex called throughout the entire game was
sound. IMHO, rex and petine did the right things... the defensive
players did a disgraceful job on the field. bart scott was so jacked
up after the ne game and that was the best he could do ??? the
players on defense lost the game. the offense could not compensate
fully, but that was not their fault. the entire jets defense should be
sent to a mandatory four month camp between now and june where all
they do is watch film of kyle clifton highlights.

Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 26, 2011, 4:35:48 PM1/26/11
On Jan 26, 4:29 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> At least players know something.  I have a problem with most commentators, because they
> have no clue about how players think, or experience acually playing the game.
>
> BTW, you (and JC) mentioned that pass play to Keller.
> I just looked again... two Steelers were in Sanchez' face pretty quickly.  Not to mention
> he had to rush, because of the late play call.  Even his play-fake was rushed.
> I can't come down on the kid for that play.
>
> With how critical that play was, and the craziness going on, they probably should've
> called the timeout from the sidelines.- Hide quoted text -

the defense should have came to play a championship game. their
performance was a disgrace. they were not beaten by a better team.
they blew it. squandered an oppertunity to go to the superbowl.

Copp

Jan 26, 2011, 4:49:30 PM1/26/11
In article <2457f317-c7a1-45f8...@a28g2000prb.googlegroups.com>
John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Then, ignore my posts, as you ignore what happens on the field.
> > Actually, what I say is based on things I see, and what is said by Rex and others.
> > On the other hand, you have your imagination.
>
> I try but when you show up after a game & see 6 different threads
> started by you about Schott it gets difficult.

The reason the Jets beat the Pats in the playoffs
is because they adjusted their defense to take
on the specific tendencies of the Patriots, unlike
the second regular season game where they couldn't
stop a nosebleed (sorry, couldn't resist). Then
the Jets defense failed again against Pittsburgh
when they couldn't stop the run because they
had the wrong game plan (and probably too, they
burned a lot of energy beating Indy and the Pats).
You can spin your wheels all you want about the Jets
offense, but the defensive game planning is at least
as much to blame. What if they had beaten the Pats
in the second game? Probably would have won the
division and gotten a bye and might be in the
SB now.

Michael

Jan 26, 2011, 6:25:37 PM1/26/11
On Jan 26, 4:49 pm, Copp <cr79...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In article <2457f317-c7a1-45f8-a13a-c806082f0...@a28g2000prb.googlegroups.com>

what was wrong with the defensive game plan vs the steelers ??? it was
a good game plan. the jet lb's sucked

papa.carl44

Jan 26, 2011, 7:10:36 PM1/26/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

First off my bet is Rex involved. LT is his guy. We do agree on one

thing. Greene should get more carries but with Rex bragging not only
on Hard Knocks but also all year that LT was the right choice would
lead most to think it is his choice. The offense since Rex showed up
has gone from 60% passing to 50% passing. The formations have changed
starting last year with 2 & 3 TE formations -- one of my big bitches
about Schott.

Rex wanted McKnight..and he was a bust early on, and Rex "got" LT...so he
had to save face, my guess at it.

I hate to blow holes in your another one of anti-Schott tirades but if
Wayne Hunter was in the wrong stance for the situation wouldn't that
fall on Callahan? Don't you want them to sack Schott & put Callahan in
the job?

Absolutely NO....if an O lineman is using a stance that causes any problems
it is the job of the OC to deal with it, all of that is on his watch and he
needs to make sure everyone knows the intent...that even happens at the high
school level.

Finally, that was some bad play calling at the goal line, but the
first pass play on 2nd down was not a good play. Sanchez didn't make
the throw. Keller was open and had position. Btw he was on the move
when he threw it.

I am not defending Schott I just find your endless posts speculating
about things you don't know to defend your anti-Schott position
annoying.

All I post is what I see and react to...and apparently a Hell of a lot of
others do too, and a lot of sports writers and NFL guys
Almost every guy I used to coach with feels the same way....and two of them
were in the NFL before they retired....the play calling sucks.

papa.carl44

Jan 26, 2011, 7:12:05 PM1/26/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Sanchez did not necessarily blow the pass...any pass down there and a quick
one is totally dependent on the D line being down and defending run...the
Steelers were not

papa.carl44

Jan 26, 2011, 7:14:13 PM1/26/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Chad had some good experience before Schott got there, OMHO

papa.carl44

Jan 26, 2011, 7:17:39 PM1/26/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

The attack and tackling in the first half was horrendous for a pop warner
team....NO form or follow through at all...maybe they did empty the tank in
the two previous weeks.

Drumrboy

Jan 26, 2011, 7:36:18 PM1/26/11
On Jan 26, 1:22 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> first down. Greene also picked up a yard on first-and-goal from the 2-yard line. But with

> three more tries to get one more yard, the Jets never went to Greene again, instead trying
> to get too cute with their play calling. The Steelers saw that coming all the way.

I thought you were "done"?

<snicker>

Michael

Jan 26, 2011, 8:06:43 PM1/26/11
On Jan 26, 7:17 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> the two previous weeks.- Hide quoted text -

empty the tank my ass. you can tackle after one good nights sleep.
these are not fat old me. they are professionals in the prime of
their life. they had all week to rest up. the jeark-off's let the
time square and pep rally bs get into their heads.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Jan 26, 2011, 11:44:25 PM1/26/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Really Michael...that makes sense? These professionals in the prime of
their careers let the Times Square rally go to their heads, but they
couldn't have lost all of what three consecutive road games at that pace and
intensity takes...that makes a lot of sense.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Drumrboy

Jan 27, 2011, 9:50:31 AM1/27/11
On Jan 26, 9:21 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 1:22 pm, lil joe the drumrboy <joecsn...@gmail.com> whined:

> >I thought you were "done"?
> ><snicker>
>
> Nice life ya got, lil guy... have nothing else to so, but to check up on me?  Thanks for
> caring!
> BTW... next season starts, if it starts, in September.
>
> <sniffle>

Nice spin, Sparky. Don't get mad at me for pointing out your bullshit.

You couldn't make it a day, never mind FOREVER!!!

Now go stamp your feet and hold your breath, liar. Your fat assed,
blowhard coach already said "Shotty" was coming back next year. Or do
you think he's lying like you?

So..... SEE YA!!!

Michael

Jan 27, 2011, 10:15:43 AM1/27/11
On Jan 26, 11:44 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
> intensity takes...that makes a lot of sense.- Hide quoted text -

it makes all the sense in the word, papa... there are "professionals"
and then there are "professionals". in the case of say a high level
business executive, legal professional or physician, in the main,
you'll see emotional maturity, strength of character and mental
stability. in the case of "professional" football players... ones
in their 20's... you may find some of them with those strengths, but
for the most part, they are kids. they work on their physical
athletic attributes as professionals, but they are not mature. they
are true "professionals" in the sense that they should have no problem
*physically speaking* going out an playing a game of football one week
after they played the last.... but many are not professional in an
emotional sense. these are youngsters with little experience when it
comes to dealing with adulation of that kind. they let it get to
them. it was written all over that first half.

Tutor

Jan 27, 2011, 10:54:41 AM1/27/11
On Jan 26, 9:21 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 1:22 pm, lil joe the drumrboy <joecsn...@gmail.com> whined:
>
> >I thought you were "done"?
> ><snicker>
>
> Nice life ya got, lil guy... have nothing else to so, but to check up on me?  Thanks for
> caring!
> BTW... next season starts, if it starts, in September.
>
> <sniffle>

rules of engagement: Don't respond to trolls with an IQ below 100 or
a maturity level below that of a 12 year old. We'll let you slide
this time, BuRf, but next time.... there will be a fine to pay.
This troll is off his meds... he's been spewing all over, even in his
own ng, where he is ignored by his fellow Fish fans.

Drumrboy

Jan 27, 2011, 1:37:29 PM1/27/11

What's the penalty for sticking up for a full of shit ex-fan? The man
said he was done, why is he still posting as a fan?

Simple question, really. No need to get your pink frilly's in a bunch
over it, Tooter.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Jan 27, 2011, 5:04:28 PM1/27/11

>> Chad had some good experience before Schott got there, OMHO
>
> Are you trying to prove my point that the QB, with enough talent
> drives the success of the offense?
>
> :)

No, not at all...a QB with enough experience and someone who can really
coach him. Chad had some good teachers even in college. Plus :-) I think
Chad had some smarts too...he seems to be a really intelligent guy and a
quick learner. Let's see where Sanchez is a year from now at the end of
season 3.

papa.carl44

Jan 27, 2011, 5:05:03 PM1/27/11

> Or the special teams play and the offense in the 1st half. I am not
> exonerating anyone.

I thought special teams faded a lot near the end of the season. I wonder
why?

papa.carl44

Jan 27, 2011, 5:11:21 PM1/27/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I am guessing, but all of Rex' talk about LT and about how he was
right about LT both in Hard Knocks and during the year hints that he
wanted him.

I don't know why they don't run Greene more but there may be a number
of reasons. That Rex loves him could be part of it. That Greene
broke down last year with only a little work could be part of it or
they could be saving him but all of that is speculation.

> I hate to blow holes in your another one of anti-Schott tirades but if
> Wayne Hunter was in the wrong stance for the situation wouldn't that
> fall on Callahan? Don't you want them to sack Schott & put Callahan in
> the job?
> Absolutely NO....if an O lineman is using a stance that causes any
> problems
> it is the job of the OC to deal with it, all of that is on his watch and
> he
> needs to make sure everyone knows the intent...that even happens at the
> high
> school level.

Papa with all due respect to your experience a good friend who has as
football CV as strong if not stronger than you disagrees. When I
asked him about it last night he went a step further and said if they
were tipping off plays why did all of the coaching staff miss it. He
blamed Callahan, Schott & Rex , the player & Pettine.

All I can say is every place I was over 25 years or so, if a guy screwed up
like that...the OC would have blasted the crap out of the O line coach
first...and it would or should be something you would see in practice and go
over...that is basic. If you are on the goaline and creating a very basic
look everybody needs to be on the same page..and that is only one person's
responsibility...the OC...that is the very definition of his job and if he
is NOT doing that and assumes a position coach is figuring it out on his
own...he is remiss. That's my opinion and my experience. I did coach O
line once and was terrified of the wrath of the head coach if I screwed
something like that up. When I was a defensive coordinator I went to all
kinds of legnths to make sure every position coach and I were on the same
page...AND...that I was doing what the head coach would approve of
too....that is "coordination" , it's what it means.

papa.carl44

Jan 27, 2011, 5:13:42 PM1/27/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Michael...that could easily have been burn out from a constant road schedule
too...and the shock of what just happened got some adrenalin going for the
second half. Could have been either. Rex should have controlled the other
stuff though....kept it at a minimum...to me, that's on him.

Drumrboy

Jan 27, 2011, 7:49:16 PM1/27/11
On Jan 27, 3:29 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> sniffle>
>

> > rules of engagement:  Don't respond to trolls with an IQ below 100 or
> > a maturity level below that of a 12 year old.  We'll let you slide
> > this time, BuRf,  but next time....  there will be a fine to pay.
> > This troll is off his meds... he's been spewing all over, even in his
> > own ng, where he is ignored by his fellow Fish fans.
>
> The Kill thread & ignore user add ons for Mozilla that buRf showed me
> is great

All you pussies say one thing only to do the opposite a day later.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 28, 2011, 11:37:53 AM1/28/11
On Jan 27, 5:13 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
> stuff though....kept it at a minimum...to me, that's on him.- Hide quoted text -

i dont know... if they had no gas left in the tank coming into the
game, then why were they flat in the first half and not the
second ??? even revis said that they came into the game flat...

Tutor

Jan 28, 2011, 2:20:36 PM1/28/11
On Jan 27, 3:29 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> sniffle>
>

> > rules of engagement:  Don't respond to trolls with an IQ below 100 or
> > a maturity level below that of a 12 year old.  We'll let you slide
> > this time, BuRf,  but next time....  there will be a fine to pay.
> > This troll is off his meds... he's been spewing all over, even in his
> > own ng, where he is ignored by his fellow Fish fans.
>
> The Kill thread & ignore user add ons for Mozilla that buRf showed me
> is great

this troll will be ignored. He brings nothing to the table. Just a
loud mouth with no brains.

Drumrboy

Jan 28, 2011, 5:10:24 PM1/28/11

Atta girl!

Stop talking about t and just do it already, you pussy.

Once again, I'm not the blowhard that claimed she was going to quit
being a fan after a brutal loss only to pretend I don't see someone
pointing out my bullshit.

Bwahahaahahaha!!!

Eat shit and live, you pussy losers, maybe Rover will shut his fat
piehole next year and your POS team will lose the Super Bowl.

Imagine the Parade around the Meadowlands parking lot that would be!
Especially if the Jersey Jets actually WON something!!!

papa.carl44

Jan 28, 2011, 11:09:59 PM1/28/11

> >> Chad had some good experience before Schott got there, OMHO
>
> > Are you trying to prove my point that the QB, with enough talent
> > drives the success of the offense?
>
> > :)
>
> No, not at all...a QB with enough experience and someone who can really
> coach him. Chad had some good teachers even in college. Plus :-) I think
> Chad had some smarts too...he seems to be a really intelligent guy and a
> quick learner. Let's see where Sanchez is a year from now at the end of
> season 3.

Papa, I am very upbeat about Sanchez prospects.

The one opinion buRf & I do share is that Sanchez is very
inexperienced. He started 14 (16?) games at USC and teh problem at
USC is that you have so much more talent than the other guy you have
more time & space. It is why I don't like Univ of Texas QB's. I
think he played half as much as Brady did and Brady split time.

Next year for Sanchez is his 3rd year. Chad didn't start until game 5
of his 3rd year.

It is a tough learning curve.....not an easy transition.

papa.carl44

Jan 28, 2011, 11:12:24 PM1/28/11

> Papa with all due respect to your experience a good friend who has as
> football CV as strong if not stronger than you disagrees. When I
> asked him about it last night he went a step further and said if they
> were tipping off plays why did all of the coaching staff miss it. He
> blamed Callahan, Schott & Rex , the player & Pettine.
>
> All I can say is every place I was over 25 years or so, if a guy screwed
> up
> like that...the OC would have blasted the crap out of the O line coach
> first...and it would or should be something you would see in practice and
> go
> over...that is basic. If you are on the goaline and creating a very basic
> look everybody needs to be on the same page..and that is only one person's
> responsibility...the OC...that is the very definition of his job and if he
> is NOT doing that and assumes a position coach is figuring it out on his
> own...he is remiss. That's my opinion and my experience. I did coach O
> line once and was terrified of the wrath of the head coach if I screwed
> something like that up. When I was a defensive coordinator I went to all
> kinds of legnths to make sure every position coach and I were on the same
> page...AND...that I was doing what the head coach would approve of
> too....that is "coordination" , it's what it means.

Ultimately a screw up like that is the offense's fault & thus the
coordinator, well ultimately Rex, correct?.

Believe me I am not ignoring Schott's culpability on that series. It
just appeared to this layman that at the micro level position coaches
have to be accountable as well. I was merely pointing out that the guy
some people want to be hired, Callahan, was involved.

Hell YES....it should always come down to Rex.....I saw a high school coach
get fired after a game for something similar....the OC called him on
it....they argued, the HC walked in and told the guy to come with
him....that was it...he was gone. It was a private parochial school and
football was very important. Somebody should have fixed that...it NEVER
should have happened in a situation that important.

papa.carl44

Jan 28, 2011, 11:13:23 PM1/28/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

It's pure shock....you are emotionally drained and flat...that a real crisis
shocks you back....it happens all the time in life.

Harlan Lachman

Jan 29, 2011, 12:56:04 AM1/29/11
In article
> [...]

> > scrimmage, put his hands up and knock the pass down.
> >
> > Baldinger also pointed out that on fourth-and-goal from the 1-yard line,
> > there was a big

> > hole in the middle of the Steelersš defense - - but only for a

> I hate to blow holes in your another one of anti-Schott tirades but if
> Wayne Hunter was in the wrong stance for the situation wouldn't that
> fall on Callahan? Don't you want them to sack Schott & put Callahan in
> the job?
>

> Finally, that was some bad play calling at the goal line, but the
> first pass play on 2nd down was not a good play. Sanchez didn't make
> the throw. Keller was open and had position. Btw he was on the move
> when he threw it.
>
> I am not defending Schott I just find your endless posts speculating
> about things you don't know to defend your anti-Schott position

John, I think Shott is the cause and the rationale is that LT as the
better receiver creates confusion. Much like he loves confusion (mostly
to us) from all the pre snap motion.

Shott is too stupid to note the little things like giving away the play
by the personnel, formation or a bozo going from a two point stance.

Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 31, 2011, 9:49:37 AM1/31/11
On Jan 29, 3:25 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

> LT is probably the best RB I have ever seen time the dive over the top
> so I don't have a problem with him being in there. I am obviously not
> as down on Schott as some.

Do by any chance remember former Jet RB Johnny Hector ??? He had a
great goal line verticle leap. I think it was his signature play.

Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 31, 2011, 11:23:56 AM1/31/11
On Jan 31, 10:23 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > LT is probably the best RB I have ever seen time the dive over the top
> > > so I don't have a problem with him being in there. I am obviously not
> > > as down on Schott as some.
>
> > Do by any chance remember former Jet RB Johnny Hector ??? He had a
> > great goal line verticle leap.  I think it was his signature play.
>
> I do.  I just looked at how long he played and he scored 41 TD's in
> his career.
>
> I was on a partial hiatus from the Jets at the time so I didn't
> remember his dive but with 41 TD's it must have been part of his
> game.  He was slightly more productive than Roger Vick.
>
> http://www.nfl.com/players/johnnyhector/profile?id=HEC622932

yeah... hector was not all that prolific as an every down back, but he
was amazing with his goal line leap. i cant remember any ball carrier
that could get up that high... i also remember vick... every time he
came close to getting up a head of steam, the ball would pop out...

Message has been deleted

JetsLife

Jan 31, 2011, 6:23:44 PM1/31/11
On Jan 26, 3:53 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> [...]

> >season was Schott trying to trick people...he never let his players do what
> >they could do and develop the offense.
>
> It's like when the Preacher was coach.  Tons of crap would be pointed out, and you'd have
> people attacking & talking about an agenda.  Then little by little, people would wake up.
> Its' the same with Schott.  You have people constantly ignoring what takes place, citing
> stats, one play... or talking of an agenda, etc.  Then little by little, most people wake
> up.  And so it goes  ;)
>
> Aside from the cuteness factor, Schott often bases his playcalling on reputation (or
> imaginary gremlins), rather than reality... often showing a blatant lack of confidence in
> his players.  On that particular drive, he deviated at the goal line, from what got him
> down field.  How many times have we seen that?- Hide quoted text -

Definitely, Burf, regarding your last two sentences. Schott way too
often goes away from stuff that's working, for whatever reason. As
Papa says keep doing what works until the opposing defense stops it.
And then when the defense keys on what's beating them, it often
becomes vulnerable in other areas.

The perfect foil to the Jets offense - in the first half at least -
was Pittsburgh's offense. They repeatedly ran it the first drive and
throughout the game, to the tune of 166 yards. Which left the Jets
vulnerable at times to play action and the pass. R-berger's game-
clinching pass to Brown or whoever it was is a perfect illustration.

Schott *has demonstrated the ability to call a brilliant gameplan,*
like he did the week before v. NE. But he's also *shown he can call
horrible ones.* Maybe that's my main point of contention with Schott:
his inconsistent performance as an OC. You're kinda always uncertain
what you're gonna get.

Rex's team as a whole has sometimes displayed a similar Jekyll & Hyde
personality. Great one game, horrible the next. Fortunately the good
and great have well outstripped the bad.