Fun hypothetical question...

1 view

Michael

Oct 11, 2011, 11:26:42 AM10/11/11
Lets say... The Jets win only two games all year... Or for what ever
reason, they wind up with a chance to draft Andrew Luck and trade
Sanchez.

Do it or not ???

Caution... Depending on your answer, Sanchez may want to fight you.

paddy_nyr

Oct 11, 2011, 11:35:02 AM10/11/11
If that ever happened your choices are keep Sanchez and get a boat
load of draft picks for the pick, but if you pick Luck you are giving
up 2 years for his development.

I would keep Sanchez and take the picks.

Tutor

Oct 11, 2011, 11:37:43 AM10/11/11
On Oct 11, 11:26 am, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
OMG yes you dump Sanchez's corpse by the side of the road and draft
Luck. Luck is the real deal. No question whatsoever. He's the kind
of QB the Jets haven't had since Namath and what teams wait a lifetime
for.

But, it's looking like Luck will either be a Colt or (shudder) a
Dolphin.

Papa Carl

Oct 11, 2011, 1:25:59 PM10/11/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message
Draft Luck...then trade him for a new OC and O Line.

MZ

Oct 11, 2011, 1:18:43 PM10/11/11
It's not realistic cap-wise to dump Sanchez in any manner. Not yet,
at least. Anyone know his contract situation and what the dead money
hit would be?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Keith Keller

Oct 11, 2011, 5:47:55 PM10/11/11

Would Luck be any better in Schott's offense?

--keith

--
kkeller...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
(try just my userid to email me)

Papa Carl

Oct 11, 2011, 6:48:36 PM10/11/11

"Keith Keller" <kkeller...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote in message
And another good young QB would get ruined.

Señor Patriots

Oct 11, 2011, 10:03:41 PM10/11/11
On Oct 11, 10:37 am, Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  Luck is the real deal.  No question whatsoever.  He's the kind
> of QB the Jets haven't had since Namath and what teams wait a lifetime
> for.
He sure is different isn't he?

> But, it's looking like Luck will either be a Colt or (shudder) a
> Dolphin.

To think that the Colts get two Montanas in a row is a bit much on the
nerves. Stars have to align for that one in a billion chance.

The Dolphins with a QB friendly coach and Andrew Luck and Brandon
Marshall spells big trouble for the division. And I don't think it
takes more than a year to get Luck on the field because he looks ready
right now. Shit, I'd plan to start him next September. The least
he'd do is be a royal pain in the ass for a year. After that he'd
probably own the division for a decade or more.

Tutor

Oct 12, 2011, 12:11:52 AM10/12/11
> hit would be?- Hide quoted text -

FOr a chance to get Luck, if the opportunity arose... phuck it
Sanchez starts the first year Luck holds a clip board then bye-bye
Mark.

Tutor

Oct 12, 2011, 12:12:41 AM10/12/11
On Oct 11, 5:41 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Trade the pick, & draft some young talent for once ;)

Luck is the best young talent in the draft in the past decade.

Message has been deleted

Ritchie

Oct 12, 2011, 2:13:38 AM10/12/11
On Oct 11, 11:26 am, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:

Cap be damned, take Luck and show Sanchez the door!

Percy Flage

Oct 12, 2011, 4:51:29 AM10/12/11
We've got to lose *every* game we play from here on in, *and* have Colts
and Rams actually win a game or three ... each.

We need a lot of Luck.

--
Percy Flage
"Life is too short to have to explain everyday."

graybeard

Oct 12, 2011, 8:08:40 AM10/12/11
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:03:41 -0700 (PDT), Señor Patriots
<roam...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>The Dolphins with a QB friendly coach and Andrew Luck and Brandon
>Marshall spells big trouble for the division.

I have read reports that the Miami HC job is Gruden's if he wants it.
--
graybeard

paddy_nyr

Oct 12, 2011, 8:15:51 AM10/12/11
On Oct 12, 8:08 am, graybeard <graybe...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:03:41 -0700 (PDT), Señor Patriots
>
> <roamin...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >The Dolphins with a QB friendly coach and Andrew Luck and Brandon
> >Marshall spells big trouble for the division.
>
> I have read reports that the Miami HC job is Gruden's if he wants it.
> --
> graybeard

If they get Gruden is there.

Johnny Morongo

Oct 12, 2011, 2:48:59 PM10/12/11
On 10/11/2011 6:30 PM, buRford wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 21:12:41 -0700 (PDT), Tutor<dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Trade the pick,& draft some young talent for once ;)
>>
>> Luck is the best young talent in the draft in the past decade.
>
> I don't care... we have a lot bigger problems than Sanchez.
> We need OLmen, WRs, LBs, S, CBs.
> Multiple draft picks is exactly what we need now, to build a consistent competitive team,
> capable of winning Vince.
>
> All Sanchez needs, is a coherent offensive plan, and a tutor (no pun intended) to help him
> unlearn the crap he's been forced to ingest.
> As I've said numerous times, I don't think he'll ever be great, but he's shown he can
> perform at crunchtime,& in the playoffs. He's not the reason we lost in the playoffs...
> & he's not even 25 yet.
>
> Of course, chances are we're not going to be close to a top pick.

Either way, it appears to me that the new millennial Jets might just
have peaked last year. I don't see much better than 8-8 this year,
especially with Schitt almost certainly now locked in for at least the
remainder of the year. After that, back to scrambling in the AFCE. And
if Miami gets Luck? I'm beyond caring.

I just came back from a week in Hawaii with my son. Great time, even if
nearly three full days of it were spent remodeling his bathroom, floor
to walls and everything between. Didn't leave all that much time for
sightseeing, but I did learn that I have to concede to the younger
generation, many tasks that I had been up to in the past because my body
just won't do them.

Well, its like that with me and the Jets. My psychic body is no longer
up to absorbing the regular grind of disappointment that being a fan of
this team for so long entails. So I'll have to leave the weeping and
gnashing of teeth to you younger guys.

graybeard

Oct 14, 2011, 9:25:11 AM10/14/11
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 08:48:59 -1000, Johnny Morongo <Mor...@Burf.com>
wrote:

>I just came back from a week in Hawaii with my son. Great time, even if
>nearly three full days of it were spent remodeling his bathroom, floor
>to walls and everything between. Didn't leave all that much time for
>sightseeing, but I did learn that I have to concede to the younger
>generation, many tasks that I had been up to in the past because my body
>just won't do them.
>
>Well, its like that with me and the Jets. My psychic body is no longer
>up to absorbing the regular grind of disappointment that being a fan of
>this team for so long entails. So I'll have to leave the weeping and
>gnashing of teeth to you younger guys.

Funny you should say that Johnny. I live in the Boston area, and except
when they are on national TV, the only times I am sure to be able to
watch the Jets is the two times a year that they play the Patriots, and
there was a time when neither Hell nor high water could make me miss
those games.

This past Sunday (a beautiful Indian Summer day), instead of staying
home to watch the Jets vs Pats on TV, my gal and I took a drive to the
coast and had an excellent late afternoon dinner at a lovely harbor
front restaurant that we like. I am pleased to say that not once did I
go into the bar to check the progress of the game, and not once during
the drives there and back did I turn on the car radio to listen to it.

I guess as we approach (or even enter) our decrepitude, we come to
realize that there is not enough time left to waste much energy or
emotional commitment on things that are, in the end, trivial.

I will still follow the team and remain a fan, but no longer, as the
etymology of the word suggests, a fanatic.
--
graybeard

graybeard

Oct 14, 2011, 9:29:12 AM10/14/11
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 05:15:51 -0700 (PDT), paddy_nyr
<philpott...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 12, 8:08�am, graybeard <graybe...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:03:41 -0700 (PDT), Se�or Patriots

>> <roamin...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> >The Dolphins with a QB friendly coach and Andrew Luck and Brandon
>> >Marshall spells big trouble for the division.
>>
>> I have read reports that the Miami HC job is Gruden's if he wants it.
>> --
>> graybeard
>>
>If they get Gruden is there.

Huh???
--
graybeard

JetsLife

Oct 16, 2011, 3:14:50 PM10/16/11
On Oct 11, 11:26 am, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
As to the question, I'd have to give it serious thought.

For Sanchez's two glaring defiencies (below-average arm, accuracy),
with the right supporting cast I think he can QB a team to a Super
Bowl victory. And in the end that's all that matters.

One of Sanchez's strongest attributes is he comes up big in big
moments/games. That's not something you can teach. It's not just about
raw talent; it's about what you do with what you have. See Tony Romo:
fine talent, but chokes in big moments.

If Schotty doesn't coach like a coward first half of Jets/Steelers AFC
Champ. last season perhaps Jets eke out a win, and then have a good
shot to defeat Green Bay for the title - not least because that Jets D
matched up well with Green Bay's pass-heavy, WR offense. Then we're
talking about Sanchez as Super-Bowl winning QB.