Revis

John C TX

Oct 12, 2010, 9:06:00 AM10/12/10
They probably should not have played him. although Lowry & Colemen
look better in this role.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/10/darrelle_revis_was_hurting_the.html

John O'Boyle/The Star-LedgerDarrelle Revis (24) recovered a fumble but
said he played the whole game while his hamstring was hurting. Antonio
Cromartie (31) covered Randy Moss instead of Revis.

Darrelle Revis had said all along that he wouldn't return to action
for the Jets until he was 100 percent healthy. But the Jets' Pro Bowl
cornerback, who came back to play against the Minnesota Vikings Monday
after missing the two previous games with a strained hamstring, said
afterward that he apparently wasn't 100 percent healthy.

"It was hurting throughout the whole game,'' Revis said, after he
emerged from the training room in the wee hours of the morning. "I
just fought through it and got through the game.''

Revis said he didn't tweak or re-injure the muscle, which has been
bothering him since before the Week 2 victory over New England.

"No, I didn’t feel any tweak or strain,'' he said. "I just know it’s
very sore right now.''

Asked if he believes he will be able to play Sunday when the Jets go
to Denver to play the Broncos, Revis said he did not know.

"I don’t know,'' he said. "As of right now, we’re going to take it day-
by-day, like we’ve been doing, and we’ll see how it goes.''

After the Denver game, the Jets are on their bye week, so if Revis
sits out, he will have two weeks to rest and let the muscle heal.

Revis was asked if, in hindsight, he wasn't healthy enough to have
played.

"I felt good throughout the week, and with hamstrings, things
happen,'' he said. "I didn’t think I was going to come out that sore,
but you’re running around on it, and I haven’t played the last two
games – it just got sore.''

Revis, who held out this summer for a new contract, had an uneven game
against the Vikings. While he had said during the week he expected to
be matched up against Randy Moss, he was not. Antonio Cromartie
shadowed Moss all game instead, with Revis on the other side of the
field, usually against Percy Harvin. And while Revis did have one
huge, one-on-one tackle of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson in the
first quarter, and he did have a fumble recovery, Harvin scored two
touchdowns, the first of which came when Revis was on him in man
coverage.

Revis said he was expecting safety help on Harvin on the touchdown,
and that the help was late in getting there. Nevertheless, he took
responsibility for getting beaten by Harvin, while also saying he
believes, had he been healthy, he would have been able to stay with
Harvin.

"Yeah, I believe so,'' Revis said.

Revis said his hamstring started hurting "in the first quarter, when I
first got out there.''

"The trainers were checking up on me, making sure everything was okay
with me,'' he said. "I was okay. With me, it was just fighting through
it. If I knew I was going to be a hindrance to the team, I would have
called it quits and went in (to the locker room).''

Revis said he doesn't believe it is necessary for him to have a second
MRI on the muscle, even though, "right now it’s very sore, and it’s
very swollen.''

© 2010 NJ.com. All rights reserved.

Message has been deleted

John C TX

Oct 12, 2010, 9:55:19 AM10/12/10
On Oct 12, 8:46 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 06:06:00 -0700 (PDT), John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >They probably should not have played him. although Lowry & Colemen
> >look better in this role.
>
> He's injured.  Should not have been played, especially once they saw the weather.
> At least they were smart enough, to put Cro on Moss, but the med staff & Rex made a biggee
> on this.  Hopefully, they'll now put him on a shelf until after the bye.

That was my problem. If they rested him this week he could have had 3
more weeks of rest & therapy.

MZ

Oct 13, 2010, 9:46:13 AM10/13/10
On 10/12/2010 9:55 AM, John C TX wrote:
> On Oct 12, 8:46 am, buRford<buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 06:06:00 -0700 (PDT), John C TX<johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> They probably should not have played him. although Lowry& Colemen

>>> look better in this role.
>>
>> He's injured. Should not have been played, especially once they saw the weather.
>> At least they were smart enough, to put Cro on Moss, but the med staff& Rex made a biggee

>> on this. Hopefully, they'll now put him on a shelf until after the bye.
>
> That was my problem. If they rested him this week he could have had 3
> more weeks of rest& therapy.

How did he play? I only watched the first half, and he looked good. If
he didn't play so well in the second half, then it's possible that he's
just an excuse-maker.

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Oct 18, 2010, 10:58:26 AM10/18/10
Revis was a big reason we won yesterday. He looked great. Some of the
plays he and Cro made were everything we could have hoped for before
this season.

I love it when both man up and play tight. It seems that Qbs have to
make perfect throws to get completions (the TD that wasn't) and WR have
to make great catches (the one around and under Cro).

If Drew can continue to play at a high level or Wilson ever gets it,
this team could be dangerous again on D.

If you want an annoying read, check out Cimini's self serving tripe
about how Revis should not have played.

I love the articles that point out Drs felt he could not make it worse
just by playing and Cimini's ignoring the great job by our DBs to prove
his point.

Harlan

Tutor

Oct 18, 2010, 11:38:43 AM10/18/10

Revis had a few "great" moments, but he surely did not look as good as
he did last year on a consistent basis. Overall, I don't think Revis
was "great" yesterday. But he is coming along.

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Oct 18, 2010, 1:25:12 PM10/18/10
In article
<8fbb67b2-e7ff-4cc1...@t20g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I missed some of the game. They actually threw at him which is a
> change from last year. I think they caught 4 balls on him but some
> were good catches or maybe even a non-catch. Orton was an impressive
> 14-34.

I think Orton was impressive. You can see that. I could see that. But
Cimini sees some perfect throws and thinks any DB could have stopped it
without interfering.

I thought Revis was fast enough. I agree with those who say he did not
jump as high as he has.

BTW, I would love to see Wilson removed from the PR duties. He is awful.
It is time to move on.

harlan

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Oct 18, 2010, 4:06:36 PM10/18/10
In article
<e557bf33-3337-4997...@a36g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,

John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is one thing McKnight did well in pre-season or am I remembering
> only the big runbacks?

Who cares? Wilson looks like a fish out of water. I have no confidence
in his ball handling or his ability to anything productive.

Harlan

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Oct 19, 2010, 2:50:24 PM10/19/10
In article
<649b8d6c-3965-465d...@t13g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <e557bf33-3337-4997-aa34-0716d234a...@a36g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,

> > �John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > It is one thing McKnight did well in pre-season or am I remembering
> > > only the big runbacks?
> >
> > Who cares?
>

> McKnight's mother?
>
> I was suggesting an alternative to Wilson.

> >Wilson looks like a fish out of water. I have no confidence
> > in his ball handling or his ability to anything productive.
> >
> > Harlan
>

> --

That would work. So might Revis, Brad Smith, Marquice Cole or Drew
Coleman.

Anybody but...

Message has been deleted