Re: OT: Jack LaLanne RIP...

Message has been deleted

JKConey

Jan 25, 2011, 1:14:08 PM1/25/11
My dad had bacon and eggs with butter every morning, and ice cream every
night. Never exercised or took a vitamin once his entire life. Had a shot of
whiskey every day most of his adult life. He recently died at 96, just like
his polar opposite Jack Lalanne.

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

Message has been deleted

JKConey

Jan 26, 2011, 2:47:42 PM1/26/11

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:14:08 -0500, "JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>My dad had bacon and eggs with butter every morning, and ice cream every
>>night. Never exercised or took a vitamin once his entire life. Had a shot
>>of
>>whiskey every day most of his adult life. He recently died at 96, just
>>like
>>his polar opposite Jack Lalanne.
>
> LOL.
> But did your dad have a show?
>
> Sorry about your dad... nice you had him for so long!

No show but he was much funnier than Jack!

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

papa.carl44

Jan 26, 2011, 7:25:33 PM1/26/11

"JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote in message

I can remember as a kid, watching Jack on TV talking about the horrors of
eating anything but lettuce as I sat there with my box of Oreos. :-) Later
on I heard a story about how he ate a cookie once and made himself throw up
he was so upset. My uncle died a couple years ago at age 93...a quart of
Irish whiskey a day, and then switched to brandy in the last few years
because he felt it was better for your health....he was not cremated for
obvious reasons, but he did have a bag piper :-)

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Jan 27, 2011, 7:54:26 PM1/27/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I can remember as a kid, watching Jack on TV talking about the horrors of
> eating anything but lettuce as I sat there with my box of Oreos. :-) Later
> on I heard a story about how he ate a cookie once and made himself throw
> up
> he was so upset. My uncle died a couple years ago at age 93...a quart of
> Irish whiskey a day, and then switched to brandy in the last few years
> because he felt it was better for your health....he was not cremated for
> obvious reasons, but he did have a bag piper :-)

Genetics will make up for some hard living. it is interesting is that
his workouts, or what I can remember, were quite a bit on calisthenics
and now p90x, Insanity workout etc. while are done at a much faster
pace are in vogue. Part of his philosophy of just move around has
value.

He ultimately was the ultimate huckster from his exercise show to his
gyms and to juicers.

Didn't he live on juice or something? I tried carrot juice once because of
him...and once was enough for me.

Message has been deleted

JKConey

Jan 28, 2011, 1:58:21 PM1/28/11

>> He ultimately was the ultimate huckster from his exercise show to his
>> gyms and to juicers.
>>
>> Didn't he live on juice or something? I tried carrot juice once because
>> of
>> him...and once was enough for me.
>
> When juicers were the craze 10 years back he was doing infomercials.
>
> I am with you PC. When I want a salad I eat it.

He was on one of the home shopping channels with his wife, selling his
latest juicer just a few weeks ago. Although I don't drink it too often,
carrot juice is good stuff. I first tried it 40 years ago.

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

Copp

Jan 28, 2011, 7:32:34 PM1/28/11
My take on LaLanne: The point of exercise
and eating right is 1. to maximize whatever lifespan
you are given in your genes but 2. also give
you a high quality life while you are alive.
My grandfather lived to the same age as Lalanne,
but he smoked until he was 65, and drank every
day, although not binging. His exercise was
gardening. But the last 6 years
of his life he spent dragging around around an
oxygen tank (emphysema) and low oxygen causes the rest of
your body to fall apart, so his last years
were not that fun. I would rather die on
a hike in the woods than confined to a chair
in front of a tv.

papa.carl44

Jan 28, 2011, 11:15:55 PM1/28/11

"Copp" <cr7...@gmail.com> wrote in message

My objective in life is to not arrive at my final destination in pristine
condition, looking fantastic--but rather to slide in sideways screaming,
"Holy Shit...what a ride!"

Message has been deleted