Re: The alleged Revis PI...

Message has been deleted

Tutor

Oct 18, 2011, 11:44:53 AM10/18/11
On Oct 18, 8:21 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Just looked at it again, in slo-mo...
> As I thought last night... before any contact by Revis, Marshall's left leg slipped on a
> cut right & he lunged into Revis.  Marshall was off-balance, & his momentum took him out
> of the play, as Revis stepped to his left.
>
> Wasn't even close to PI.
> That's not to say that Revis doesn't get away with some holding, but that one was not a
> penalty.

They all get away with some holding. But a couple of teams more than
others. ;) But Marshall was steamrolling into Revis who was looking
back at the QB. Had the ball been released, it would have been
offensive PI. Marshall was having trouble with his footing for most
of the game. On his long reception in the 1st qtr, he lost his
balance and stepped out on what couold have been a TD. We wondering
what kindred spirit pushed him out? Aaron Glenn was in the stadium
last night, so maybe it was Glenn's spiritual influence.

Ive noticed that many players lose their footing on the JetLife
Stadium turf. Not sure if there is anything to that.

Beiselbub©

Oct 18, 2011, 11:48:18 AM10/18/11
On Oct 18, 7:32 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I watched it over & over.  Marshall went into Revis.

LOL.
Message has been deleted

Tutor

Oct 18, 2011, 1:04:18 PM10/18/11
On Oct 18, 11:20 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> That Revis INT must've been a big collective sigh, for you guys at the Stadium.
> Any chants of *Schott sucks a lott,* or Schott is a Stinkpott?*- Hide quoted text -

very frustrated crowd with the offense. Some booing. 3 passing yards
and 0 1st downs 1st qtr.

Started in my Mexzz corner seats. Not the liveliest crowd I have seen
there, in fact it kind of sucked compared to other games. Before the
half we moved to section 135 on the 20 (there were many no-shows last
night). Much more spirited down there, but overall I'd have to say it
was one of the worst (quietest) home crowds in a long time.

John C TX

Oct 18, 2011, 1:33:54 PM10/18/11

> > I watched it over & over.  Marshall went into Revis.
>
> LOL.

B, you must be peeing.

Papa Carl

Oct 18, 2011, 3:08:19 PM10/18/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Just looked at it again, in slo-mo...
> As I thought last night... before any contact by Revis, Marshall's left
> leg slipped on a
> cut right & he lunged into Revis. Marshall was off-balance, & his momentum
> took him out
> of the play, as Revis stepped to his left.
>
> Wasn't even close to PI.
> That's not to say that Revis doesn't get away with some holding, but that
> one was not a
> penalty.

I watched it over & over. Marshall went into Revis.

I thought he looked like he was trying to block him at first....all of this
would mean nothing if they went back to "ball in the air" rules and it would
be a better game to watch too.

Ray O'Hara

Oct 18, 2011, 11:40:30 PM10/18/11

"Papa Carl" <papa...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> I thought he looked like he was trying to block him at first....all of
> this would mean nothing if they went back to "ball in the air" rules and
> it would be a better game to watch too.

Revis mugged and held Marshall.
and yes they should go back to the ball in the air rule.

Tutor

Oct 19, 2011, 12:04:39 AM10/19/11
On Oct 18, 10:40 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote in message
Reminds me of all those years Ty Law blatantly mugged Jets WRs and
never got called. Ahhh the memories.