Rex Fand And Critics... Get Ready

Michael

Jan 14, 2011, 10:37:46 AM1/14/11
By ALL accounts, this Patriot offense is the most potent, unstoppable
unit that has ever been seen. Devised and run by a HOF coach with
football brainpower that has never been seen, nor will ever be
duplicated. And... It is manned by a QB who has been said to trump
Montana, Elway and Marino. He's also by they way, playing the best
football of his career.

Now... We've got Rex and his defense. Rex has proclaimed it is him vs
BB. He's working with everything he's got to come up with a game
plan. Many commentators, including some fans in this very group are
now calling Rex a blow-hard and a buffoon.

Well... Since Rex is going up against what the experts are calling the
best offense, the best coach and the best QB ever...

We'll all get to see now what Rex is and what he is not. Nothing
short of the best defensive mind in history could defeat this world
beating offfense.

Lets see if Rex has the head for it.

Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 14, 2011, 11:43:22 AM1/14/11
On Jan 14, 11:33 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Thing is, when ya have an opponent with a good O, stopping them is only partially on the
> D.  A big part of it, is keeping them off the field.  Hence, whereas so many keep talking
> about our D, I think the key is the effectiveness of our O.
> You saw the problem last week.  The D held the Colts scoreless in the first quarter, but
> the O was ineffective.  Put us in a hole, which we only got out of, when the O started
> forcing their will, and limiting Manning's touches.  You saw Manning get frustrated, which
> also helps when he's on the field, since he was less patient n the 4th quarter.
>
> The Jets D needs to show the Pats O early, that they came to play.  Few teams presented
> any challenge to the Pats. So, to me, that is Rex's big challenge.  Making things a bit
> uncomfortable for the Pats O, and making them respond to a challenge... for once.- Hide quoted text -

imho, making the pats offense uncomfortable does not mean wholesale
blitzing. nor does it mean a passive max coverage approach. it means
being a different defense on each and every series. that is how you
mess them up.

Harlan Lachman

Jan 14, 2011, 2:24:51 PM1/14/11
In article <t5u0j691m9suuc415...@4ax.com>,
buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> Thing is, when ya have an opponent with a good O, stopping them is only
> partially on the
> D. A big part of it, is keeping them off the field. Hence, whereas so many
> keep talking
> about our D, I think the key is the effectiveness of our O.
> You saw the problem last week. The D held the Colts scoreless in the first
> quarter, but
> the O was ineffective. Put us in a hole, which we only got out of, when the
> O started
> forcing their will, and limiting Manning's touches. You saw Manning get
> frustrated, which
> also helps when he's on the field, since he was less patient n the 4th
> quarter.
>
> The Jets D needs to show the Pats O early, that they came to play. Few teams
> presented
> any challenge to the Pats. So, to me, that is Rex's big challenge. Making
> things a bit
> uncomfortable for the Pats O, and making them respond to a challenge... for
> once.

And while I am not holding my breath, getting two or more turnovers and
making none would help too.

I don't think we can win without winning the turn over battle.

With so few NE turnovers, that might be the only thing that could rattle
them.

harlan

Ravnsfan²°¹¹®

Jan 14, 2011, 5:31:10 PM1/14/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> By ALL accounts, this Patriot offense is the most potent, unstoppable
> unit that has ever been seen. Devised and run by a HOF coach with
> football brainpower that has never been seen, nor will ever be
> duplicated. And... It is manned by a QB who has been said to trump
> Montana, Elway and Marino. He's also by they way, playing the best
> football of his career.

Don't forget to add *asterisks* to denoting the NFL's preference that
certain QB's usage of Tom Brady panty shields, replacing the tried and true
Peyton Manning maxi-pads.

Nothing accomplished under the league's ever evolving guidelines will ever
tarnish the records established by men that did not wear skirts.
~Drew

Ravnsfan²°¹¹®

Jan 14, 2011, 5:45:07 PM1/14/11

wrote:

imho, making the pats offense uncomfortable does not mean wholesale
blitzing. nor does it mean a passive max coverage approach. it means
being a different defense on each and every series. that is how you
mess them up.

Burford was right on. The longer the Jets offense is on the field Brady's
opportunities to score are severely restricted. In addition, your defense
remains fresh while their opponent's D does not.

Both the Jets and Ravens demonstrated this in the second halves of each of
their respective games last week. The Jets had a great and critical 10
minute time consuming drive.

The Ravens limited the Chiefs to 68 seconds of possession time in the 4th
quarter, 18 minutes in the game overall, while dominating 41 minutes on the
offensive side of the ball. There isn't an NFL team and QB in history that
could win a game under those circumstances.
~Drew

Deadmeat

Jan 14, 2011, 8:32:36 PM1/14/11

Really? The last time the Dolphins played the Colts, the Dolphins had
the ball for almost 45 minutes. Go and check who won that game.

Your conclusion is BS.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Husky

Jan 15, 2011, 9:47:49 AM1/15/11
On Jan 15, 2:55 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:24:51 -0500, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> >In article <t5u0j691m9suuc415back2auq2barna...@4ax.com>,
> > buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
>
> >> On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 07:37:46 -0800 (PST), Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net>
> That's one reason I don't see the Pats being champs this season.
> Brady is due, as are some other players.
> The question is whether the Jets D, forces the turnovers... or if their other opponents
> do, in subsequent weeks  ;)
> I'm just not ready for the season to end... so, watch for a Brady performance like in game
> one with us  ;)

Giants Fan here.

I never buy the "due" premise. I've been due to date a super model
for about 45 years, now.;-)
JMO, but the Jets did so many things wrong in the December game,
they're probably confusing themselves trying not to make the same
miscues. Remember Rex thought he had a good game plan going into that
big game.
Mid 20's game time temps don't favor the Jets passing game.