Ducasse

Papa Carl

Sep 1, 2011, 9:09:33 PM9/1/11
Has got to go...this isn't a project, it's pure liability. He is going to
get people killed, he simply can not block. OMHO, Papa Carl

JetsLife

Sep 1, 2011, 9:23:34 PM9/1/11
On Sep 1, 9:09 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Has got to go...this isn't a project, it's pure liability.  He is going to
> get people killed, he simply can not block.  OMHO,  Papa Carl

I've admittedly not been watching the game closely. One thing I did
notice IINM is they have him playing all over the line. I think I saw
him at LT, I know I saw him at RT, and if I go back on DVR I won't be
surprised if I see him at guard.

I don't know Papa. Maybe you're right. He's playing with a bunch of
back ups. I know the rookie excuse no longer applies. But I heard an
interview with Tanny recently and he said he's fine with Vlad's
development considering his entire offseason was wiped out.

Since he's a second-round pick he ain't goin no place any time soon.

MacUser

Sep 1, 2011, 9:30:33 PM9/1/11
Both Mcknights needs to be cut along with Decasse.

JetsLife

Sep 1, 2011, 9:35:27 PM9/1/11
On Sep 1, 9:09 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Has got to go...this isn't a project, it's pure liability.  He is going to
> get people killed, he simply can not block.  OMHO,  Papa Carl

Also the reason I even jumped on to group was to say: I hope *the
Jets* know what they're doing shifting Vlad all around the goddamn
line. If they're not careful they're going to destroy this kid's
confidence. I trust in this regime as much as I did the Parcells
regime, but sometimes you gotta protect your young.

I'm sure there's rhyme to their shuffling reason - they just want to
find his best spot?

Still Roper

Sep 1, 2011, 11:09:40 PM9/1/11
On Sep 1, 9:09 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Has got to go...this isn't a project, it's pure liability.  He is going to
> get people killed, he simply can not block.  OMHO,  Papa Carl

Agreed. He's a turnstile. It's almost like he's never played
offensive line before. And since we have one of the best, if not the
best, O-line coach in the league...I'm losing faith quickly.

Grinch

Sep 2, 2011, 12:19:14 AM9/2/11
On Thursday, September 1, 2011 9:23:34 PM UTC-4, JetsLife wrote:
> On Sep 1, 9:09 pm, "Papa Carl"
> wrote:
> > Has got to go...this isn't a project, it's pure liability.  He is going to
> > get people killed, he simply can not block.  OMHO,  Papa Carl
>
> I've admittedly not been watching the game closely. One thing I did
> notice IINM is they have him playing all over the line. I think I saw
> him at LT, I know I saw him at RT, and if I go back on DVR I won't be
> surprised if I see him at guard.
>
> I don't know Papa. Maybe you're right. He's playing with a bunch of
> back ups.

He was also playing against a bunch of backups.

JetsLife

Sep 2, 2011, 12:07:34 AM9/2/11

If I had $2.3 million for times folks in here labelled Kareem McKenzie
"Turnstiles" McKenzie. All he went on to do is anchor the right side
of the Giants line the past 6 yearsish and win a ring.

Maybe you, Papa and others are right about Vlad. I get the feeling the
Jets are throwing him into the fire to toughen him up.

yoyodog

Sep 10, 2011, 10:39:21 AM9/10/11
Remember Brick the first year? Pure turnstyle... how'd that work out?
Give Ducasse a chance to prove himself wrong...

"Papa Carl" <papa...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Harlan Lachman

Sep 10, 2011, 12:47:01 PM9/10/11
In article <j4fssc$8ra$1...@news.datemas.de>,
I will go you one better yoyo.

Ducasse has got to develop sufficiently to make Hunter the back-up this
year or our team will have problems and may kill our QB and suffer a
poor running game.

He may well lack the necessities to do so. I hope not. Because we need
Ducasse to get much better much more than we ever need VG to show up.

Harlan

yoyodog

Sep 12, 2011, 12:20:13 AM9/12/11

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message
Oh lord I hope so...

Harlan Lachman

Sep 12, 2011, 12:48:35 PM9/12/11
In article <j4k19v$ccl$1...@news.datemas.de>,
After this game, Hunter looked horrific. At his age, he is unlikely to
get much better. Callahan has to get Ducasse ready and in there before
we lose more games against teams we should beat.

harlan