Now Jason Taylor?

Demetrios

Apr 7, 2010, 10:19:22 AM4/7/10
John Clayton reports that Jason Taylor is in to visit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5063035

Not that I am quite ready to "I told you so", but he mentions in there
the Jets had been planning this eagerly awaiting the loss of a UFA so
they could sign him under the new rules.

If he's got anything left, I gladly trade Jay Feely for Jason Taylor.
As long as the J-E-T-S chant doesn't continue to make him sick...

D.

Tutor

Apr 7, 2010, 10:47:50 AM4/7/10

I think I just threw up in my mouth. Then after reading the below
quote, I'm just pissed that the jets would even bring in this prick.
It's an insult to jets fans:

According to the New York Post, the Jets have contacted Jason Taylor
to gauge his interest in coming to the Big Apple, but apparently the
free agent defensive end would rather urinate glass than wear green
and white.

“It’d be very, very, very difficult,” Taylor said about signing with
the Jets. “At the end of the day, if I couldn’t find a job anywhere
else and the Jets called, I guess I’d have to retire or go play.”

The Jets reportedly have contacted Taylor, who played 11 seasons for
the Dolphins before joining the Redskins last season.

During his time in Miami, the six-time Pro Bowler ripped the Jets
repeatedly and threw gas on the rivalry between the two teams. The
Patriots also are looking at Taylor, and yesterday Taylor admitted he
has been talking to the Dolphins about a possible return.

“I never said it wouldn’t be difficult to play for either, but the
Jets are the Jets,” Taylor said. “I’ve had a lot of history saying bad
things about Jets fans. The fireman hat guy and all of those people in
New York that are Jets fans aren’t the ones working on Wall Street.
I’ve said all of those things, so I’ve got to leave it at that.”

Taylor is referring to comments he made in 2004 before the Jets played
in Miami. He referenced how he expected many Jets fans to be at the
game, “a bunch of them chanting their [dumb-bleep] chant and all that
other stuff, being the ignorant fans they are. I said it. I don’t care
if they get mad at me or not. They don’t like me anyway. Quite
frankly, I don’t care . . . I’m just being real. I’m telling the
truth.”

Okay, a simple “no I would not like to play for the Jets” would have
done just fine but all right…

Coach Lon

Apr 7, 2010, 11:58:47 AM4/7/10

I fucking hate him. Even if he has gas left in the tank. I've told
him off at the top of my lungs so many times, that it's something I
want the Jets to avoid.

Message has been deleted

MZ

Apr 7, 2010, 5:44:41 PM4/7/10
graybeard wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 07:19:22 -0700 (PDT) Demetrios <hesti...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If he's got anything left, I gladly trade Jay Feely for Jason Taylor.
>
> Maybe ten years ago, but not now.

Better than Gholston. Jets could definitely use another sub rusher.

Harlan Lachman

Apr 7, 2010, 8:07:33 PM4/7/10
In article <h6qdnRa3CfNWYSHW...@giganews.com>,
MZ <ma...@nospam.void> wrote:

I'd like an insurance contract insuring that such was the case.

This is one time I wonder if a lousy kicker would be better than an
aging pass rusher past his prime by a few years.

harlan

Harlan Lachman

Apr 7, 2010, 8:09:09 PM4/7/10
In article
<731aed26-3a98-47a8...@i37g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
Coach Lon <coac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 7, 10:47 am, Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Apr 7, 10:19 am, Demetrios <hestian...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > John Clayton reports that Jason Taylor is in to visit.
> >
> > >http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5063035
> >
> > > Not that I am quite ready to "I told you so", but he mentions in there
> > > the Jets had been planning this eagerly awaiting the loss of a UFA so
> > > they could sign him under the new rules.
> >
> > > If he's got anything left, I gladly trade Jay Feely for Jason Taylor.
> > > As long as the J-E-T-S chant doesn't continue to make him sick...
> >
> > > D.
> >
> > I think I just threw up in my mouth.  Then after reading the below
> > quote, I'm just pissed that the jets would even bring in this prick.
> > It's an insult to jets fans:
> >
> > According to the New York Post, the Jets have contacted Jason Taylor
> > to gauge his interest in coming to the Big Apple, but apparently the
> > free agent defensive end would rather urinate glass than wear green
> > and white.
> >

> > łItąd be very, very, very difficult,˛ Taylor said about signing with
> > the Jets. łAt the end of the day, if I couldnąt find a job anywhere
> > else and the Jets called, I guess Iąd have to retire or go play.˛

> > The Jets reportedly have contacted Taylor, who played 11 seasons for
> > the Dolphins before joining the Redskins last season.
> >
> > During his time in Miami, the six-time Pro Bowler ripped the Jets
> > repeatedly and threw gas on the rivalry between the two teams. The
> > Patriots also are looking at Taylor, and yesterday Taylor admitted he
> > has been talking to the Dolphins about a possible return.
> >

> > łI never said it wouldnąt be difficult to play for either, but the
> > Jets are the Jets,˛ Taylor said. łIąve had a lot of history saying bad

> > things about Jets fans. The fireman hat guy and all of those people in

> > New York that are Jets fans arenąt the ones working on Wall Street.
> > Iąve said all of those things, so Iąve got to leave it at that.˛

> > Taylor is referring to comments he made in 2004 before the Jets played
> > in Miami. He referenced how he expected many Jets fans to be at the

> > game, ła bunch of them chanting their [dumb-bleep] chant and all that
> > other stuff, being the ignorant fans they are. I said it. I donąt care
> > if they get mad at me or not. They donąt like me anyway. Quite
> > frankly, I donąt care . . . Iąm just being real. Iąm telling the
> > truth.˛
> >
> > Okay, a simple łno I would not like to play for the Jets˛ would have
> > done just fine but all rightŠ

> I fucking hate him. Even if he has gas left in the tank. I've told
> him off at the top of my lungs so many times, that it's something I
> want the Jets to avoid.

Coach, if I thought he would help win Rex and the Jets rings, I would
say grow up. I think, like someone older and wiser than I, that this
move is several years too late to make sense.

harlan

Coach Lon

Apr 8, 2010, 2:32:43 AM4/8/10
On Apr 7, 8:09 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <731aed26-3a98-47a8-b3ed-a38c8761d...@i37g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,

>  Coach Lon <coach...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I think I just threw up in my mouth.  Then after reading the below
> > > quote, I'm just pissed that the jets would even bring in this prick.
> > > It's an insult to jets fans:
>
> > > According to the New York Post, the Jets have contacted Jason Taylor
> > > to gauge his interest in coming to the Big Apple, but apparently the
> > > free agent defensive end would rather urinate glass than wear green
> > > and white.
>
> > > ³It¹d be very, very, very difficult,² Taylor said about signing with
> > > the Jets. ³At the end of the day, if I couldn¹t find a job anywhere
> > > else and the Jets called, I guess I¹d have to retire or go play.²

> > > The Jets reportedly have contacted Taylor, who played 11 seasons for
> > > the Dolphins before joining the Redskins last season.
>
> > > During his time in Miami, the six-time Pro Bowler ripped the Jets
> > > repeatedly and threw gas on the rivalry between the two teams. The
> > > Patriots also are looking at Taylor, and yesterday Taylor admitted he
> > > has been talking to the Dolphins about a possible return.
>
> > > ³I never said it wouldn¹t be difficult to play for either, but the
> > > Jets are the Jets,² Taylor said. ³I¹ve had a lot of history saying bad

> > > things about Jets fans. The fireman hat guy and all of those people in
> > > New York that are Jets fans aren¹t the ones working on Wall Street.
> > > I¹ve said all of those things, so I¹ve got to leave it at that.²

> > > Taylor is referring to comments he made in 2004 before the Jets played
> > > in Miami. He referenced how he expected many Jets fans to be at the
> > > game, ³a bunch of them chanting their [dumb-bleep] chant and all that
> > > other stuff, being the ignorant fans they are. I said it. I don¹t care
> > > if they get mad at me or not. They don¹t like me anyway. Quite
> > > frankly, I don¹t care . . . I¹m just being real. I¹m telling the
> > > truth.²
>
> > > Okay, a simple ³no I would not like to play for the Jets² would have

> > > done just fine but all rightŠ
>
> > I fucking hate him.  Even if he has gas left in the tank.  I've told
> > him off at the top of my lungs so many times, that it's something I
> > want the Jets to avoid.
>
> Coach, if I thought he would help win Rex and the Jets rings, I would
> say grow up. I think, like someone older and wiser than I, that this
> move is several years too late to make sense.
>
> harlan

My heart was in the right place this morning Harlan-please excuse my
reactionary, perhaps juvenile position. I simply don't care for him
personally, and wouldn't prefer him to be a part of our team. Not
now. Total personal reaction, nothing to do with his abilities
whatsoever-and what are they for 2010 and beyond? However, if Rex
thought he had enough gas in the tank, and it wouldn't cost too much,
anything is possible. But as we both know, the guy has been a well
known, and documented Jets hater for his career. I'll even give him
credit for saying so publicly on the record. I agree generally with
your note above. Bed! Sleep!