"You Won The Battle Tonight ...

JetsLife

Jan 17, 2011, 11:40:42 PM1/17/11
... but the war isn't over" I told the Pats fans @ Gillette 12/6 MNF
when they were in my face friendly. Deep down I knew we'd likely just
lost the division and the No. 1 seed. As I'm sure many of us felt.

At the time I wasn't thinking about a return engagement there. I was
just pissed we lost.

I'm glad the lads redeemed themselves in that stadium, where they were
humiliated on national television.

Tutor

Jan 18, 2011, 9:14:04 PM1/18/11

LOL... you are a kind person.... A Jets fan buddy of mine posted
this:

"As are most Jet fans I am still basking in the glow of beating the
14-2 Patriots @ Gillette when 99.99% of the "experts" were already
crowning Belichick & Brady and really not giving the Jets a snowballs
chance.

Lets be honest, at some point the media (with few exceptions) decided
the chatty Jets were the villains and frankly they could hardly
contain their excitement over the prospect of New England dropping
another beatdown on them ... and yes, most were expecting another
massacre, including Patriots fans who could not have been more cocky
following 45-3 and leading up to this game. (I've been away, not
oblivious)

However I had a good feeling about this game all week, in large part
BECAUSE of that 45-3 drubbing.

As I watched that blowout wind down, and I watched every ugly second
of it, it couldn't have been more apparent to me that the Pats were
running up the score and loving every second of it.

It was like 2007 all over again when the Pats were no longer content
to beat you and the objective switched to humiliation.

They were determined to humiliate the Jets that night, keeping Brady
in till the very last snap, still throwing the ball all over the yard
well into the 4th Qtr, taunting and mocking the Jets on the field and
even directing their taunts towards Rex and the Jets sidelines, and no-
one was enjoying himself more than Tom Brady ... with the possible
exception of Bill Belichick.

It was like Eddie Albert (the longest yard) telling the prison guards
to inflict as much pain and as much humiliation on the inmates as
humanly possible once they knew the victory was secured.

What the Pats did that night was done in the same spirit of malice ...
and to a man the Jets knew it.

You knew it too, didn't you?

You may not have said it out loud for the same reason the Jets had to
swallow it in the immediate aftermath, because it comes off like sour
grapes and makes you an easy target for further derision from the Pats
and their fans, so much like the Jets you had to pretend not to
notice ... but deep down inside you knew it and you didn't like it ...
you had to swallow it, but you didn't like it, if you care about this
team it perhaps even made you angry.

Of course for the most part the media pretended not to notice as well,
though not for the same reasons. Just like they pretended not to
notice when Tom Brady said he respects the Giants but not the Jets in
a radio interview following SB42, an audio I have posted on this site
in the past.

Even yesterday Brady was going on about the "Patriots way" of
conducting their business with class, unlike the loud and obnoxious
Jets ... and this smug, passive-aggressive, sanctimonious little twit
gets away with this BS because nobody in the media ever calls him on
it.

So when Rex or Cromartie or anyone else utters one word of contempt
for this phony the media immediately rushes to his defense, "HOW DARE
YOU INSULT TOM BRADY", like we owe him respect despite the fact that
he does not respect this football team and said as much, for no
apparent reason either, just to take a cheap shot at the Jets for the
heck of it.

I'm not talking about his "I hate the Jets" proclamation. I'm okay
with that. Rivals should hate one another, or at least strongly
dislike one another.

But I'm talking about a separate interview when he said he does not
"respect" the Jets ... but the Jets, according to the media and
including some "Jet fans" like Mike Greenberg, have to respect Tom
Brady?

Again, I've posted the audio and I'm sure most of you have heard it,
but the Patriots adoring media pretends not to notice things like that
just like they pretended not to notice Brady screaming at Rex and
running up the score in that prior meeting.

To notice these things does not fit the narrative the media has
embraced, the Patriots are the embodiment of class and all that is
right with professional sports, while the Jets represent all that is
vile and crude ... and they will not stray from either narrative.

Essentially the Jets were portrayed as the bullies, all bark and no
bite, and the Pats would expose them (again) when they punch them in
the mouth and prove the Jets have no heart and can't take a punch.

If you listened closely all week, that was essentially the storyline
the media adopted and I can't think of anything more insulting, its
like portraying the Jets as lowlifes and cowards ... that's why Bart
Scott was furious.

BUT I DIGRESS

Point being, the Jets (TO A MAN) know the truth, just as most of you
know the truth. They know and we know how the Patriots really feel
about the Jets, how cocky that team has been, how disdainful and
contemptuous of the Jets they have been, starting with Belichick and
Brady, and how that all came to the surface on the night of 45-3 ...
and I knew they would be ready to unleash 60 minutes of fury on the
Pats on Sunday.

I didn't know if that would be enough to win, but I knew the Jets were
chomping at the bit for another crack at the Patriots from the second
that 45-3 debacle ended ... and I absolutely did like our chances.

It was easy for Pats fans to laugh when Rex said "I wish we could play
them again right now" five minutes after 45-3, but I knew what he
meant and I knew why he felt that way, and if they had an ounce of
pride I knew his players felt likewise.

When you do what the Pats did to the Jets that nite, and I don't mean
the margin of victory but how they went about it and how they behaved,
you better pray you don't see that team again anytime soon. If the
situation was reversed I would have been scared to death of playing
the Pats again in the playoffs, for the same reason the Pats should
have been worried ... as they learned in retrospect much to their
chagrin and despite their cockiness.

Translation: RUN THE SCORE UP ON THAT!!

That's what that "plane dance" and those "backflips" at Gillette were
all about.

Were the Jets celebrating excessively at Gillette on Sunday night?

Were the Jets rubbing it in?

Yout better believe it, and loving every second of it too!

RUN THE SCORE UP ON THAT!!

Oh Yeah, and for all you Patriots fans who laugh at Rex Ryan with your
fat jokes and what have you, laugh all you want but know this ...

Rex Ryan is 3-2 verses Belichick & Brady and now he's the main reason
why your 14-2 team is one & done.

Oh and make no mistake about it, if you think the Jets were dancing at
Gillette you should have seen Jet fans doing the Irish Jig in bars and
living-rooms far & wide. Short of winning a SB it doesn't get better
than this.

Knocking off the 14-2 Pats in their building where they hadn't lost a
game all year, a Patriots team that was averaging over 30 PPG and won
their last eight to close out the regular season as the AFC's #1 Seed,
and when most experts already had them coronated ... OH BABY!! ...
short of winning the SB this was the moment Jet fans live for!

So now its Back to Back AFC Championship Games for Rex in his first
two years as an NFL head coach, with a rookie and second year QB, Just
knocked off Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in back to back weeks on the
road, has already won more post season games than any coach in Jets
franchise history (TWO YEARS IN), his neophyte QB has already won as
many post season games on the road as any NFL QB who has ever lived,
one more and he's in sole possession of the all-time record (TWO YEARS
IN) ... and this years run is still going and these guys are just
getting started in their careers.

Now there is one thing left to accomplish to make this all special,
and by special I mean to become football royalty in this town for as
long as you live and long after you are gone, and here I am speaking
directly to the NY Jets ...

FINISH IT

FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED and MAKE IT STICK

Everything you have done heretofore, the back to back conference
finals and knocking off the arrogant Pats when it mattered most and
with the whole world picking against you ... MAKE IT STICK ... and the
way you make it stick, REALLY STICK, as in for all eternity, is to
FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED AND WIN THE WHOLE DANG THING!!"

JetsLife

Feb 18, 2011, 12:41:12 PM2/18/11
> So when Rex orCromartieor anyone else utters one word of contempt

Interesting post, some good stuff in there.

Where did your friend post this? Is this the same friend of yours,
who's other post you re-posted in here back in December or whenever it
was, which said the Jets would never win it all under Rex?