Hope they address the D-Line

cd

Apr 23, 2010, 6:30:43 PM4/23/10
Don't know if a third cb is more important that a D-lineman. Miami
pounded the Jets twice last year and they drafted Merling two years
ago and drafted another this year to further enforce their D-line. Do
the Jets now have the oldest D-line in the AFCE? You can run all the
fancy blitz packages, but when the opposition is pounding you into
submission, nothing that third first round corner is going to do to
help. Hope Taylor is not the answer to Marques Douglas, where is he
anyway?

MZ

Apr 23, 2010, 6:38:12 PM4/23/10

Cody is still on the board, but I see him in Miami. A guy I keep seeing
mentioned is Linval Joseph. I don't think he'd get past the Pats though.

Harlan Lachman

Apr 24, 2010, 7:00:23 AM4/24/10
In article
<5a796f6a-3e03-4b65...@x38g2000vbx.googlegroups.com>,
cd <cd...@verizon.net> wrote:

It is not. But according to some, he was their top CB on the board
dropping to 29 and this year, they were not moving up. If one read
between the lines, Tanny wanted some cheaper players on board to soften
the budget.

It will be interesting to see if there were stud D Linemen appropriate
for a 3-4 at the spots we were. Not according to the experts and it is
not like teams traded up to take a guy we passed on.

MZ

Apr 24, 2010, 11:05:37 AM4/24/10

Odrick and Joseph were both considered 3-4 linemen. I think the Jets
would have done well to trade down to the early 2nd round and grab one
and some more picks. But they liked the corner, so...

Demetrios

Apr 24, 2010, 2:53:49 PM4/24/10
On Apr 24, 11:05 am, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> Harlan Lachman wrote:
> > In article
> > <5a796f6a-3e03-4b65-ab6b-32a7dc12a...@x38g2000vbx.googlegroups.com>,

Coverage sacks are just as useful as edge rushing sacks.

And I'm sure that Rex's idea is if you have three CBs who can lock up
opposing receivers, it becomes really easy to send the house.

D.

MZ

Apr 24, 2010, 3:18:28 PM4/24/10

I was thinking more along the lines of controlling the line of scrimmage
with big guys up front. The AFC East has some big dudes at OT these
days, so having 3-4 DEs has some value when it comes to stopping the
run. I think they dropped the ball here. As formidable as the Jets
pass defense will be, I think they can be run on. Especially AFC teams
like Miami and Baltimore.