Our QB stinks

JKConey

Jan 8, 2011, 9:37:08 PM1/8/11
Sorry guys but it's true. Colts gave up 30 to the Titans! He's a low
percentage guy, yet they keep asking him to throw it 40 times, when the run
is going pretty good. Keller is wide wide wide open running across the field
yet he holds the ball until he's covered, and we lose the 3.
--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

Message has been deleted

Grinch

Jan 8, 2011, 9:57:21 PM1/8/11
On Jan 8, 9:42 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 21:37:08 -0500, "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote:
> >    Sorry guys but it's true. Colts gave up 30 to the Titans! He's a low
> >percentage guy, yet they keep asking him to throw it 40 times, when the run
> >is going pretty good. Keller is wide wide wide open running across the field
> >yet he holds the ball until he's covered, and we lose the 3.
>
> It's not Sanchez.  The Colts are pressuring him, since the Jets aren't running the ball.
> The Colts want the Jets to pass, so they are, instead of forcing the safeties in to
> respect the rush, which will open up the pass, and give Sanchez a bit more time.
>
> Even bozo Collingsworth keeps saying the Jets could rush straight ahead.

If you want to quote Collingsworht, quote him saying how throwing one
horribly over-thrown ball after another.

Ooops, as I type this he throws way over another guy's head.
Collingsworth: "Now 9 of 20, he is just wild."

Message has been deleted

JKConey

Jan 9, 2011, 3:07:25 PM1/9/11

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

> On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 21:37:08 -0500, "JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Sorry guys but it's true. Colts gave up 30 to the Titans! He's a low
>>percentage guy, yet they keep asking him to throw it 40 times, when the
>>run
>>is going pretty good. Keller is wide wide wide open running across the
>>field
>>yet he holds the ball until he's covered, and we lose the 3.
>
> It's not Sanchez. The Colts are pressuring him, since the Jets aren't
> running the ball.
> The Colts want the Jets to pass, so they are, instead of forcing the
> safeties in to
> respect the rush, which will open up the pass, and give Sanchez a bit more
> time.

Nah. He just looks like a rookie out there. Overthrows, too hard and
high throws, no touch on long passes to wide open guys. Where's the
screens? He just can't execute easy touch passes like Chad lived by. I
honestly think they win in spite of him. I think of all those games this
year that should/could have been easy wins, that were way too close. Games
they couldn't even score against less than great teams. At this point he
plain stinks, and may never be a 60% passer because of his OC.

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

Message has been deleted

JKConey

Jan 10, 2011, 11:03:41 AM1/10/11

> The kid's 24, started from day 1, has played two seasons handicapped by
> his OC, who has an
> instituted an O that doesn't fit any of his talent - -

Exactly. Right now he stinks, and that's all I'm saying. I'm not
disputing any of the reasons.

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Jan 10, 2011, 4:03:51 PM1/10/11

"JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote in message

He's a play action passer..he was in college and he is now...he should be
doing mostly that stuff and forget the straight drops.

JKConey

Jan 10, 2011, 11:01:57 PM1/10/11

"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote in message

He's a low % passer asked to throw it 35 times a game. Chad was 2 for
every 3 from the start. He shows no touch at all. Damn he's been held
without a TD in how many games? They win in spite of him. Where would you
honestly rank him?
--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

papa.carl44

Jan 10, 2011, 11:39:55 PM1/10/11

"JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote in message

:-) I wouldn't....I wanted a different guy...but they ain't getting rid of
him now, so they better figure out how to use him...and he looks like he can
get better in the right scheme.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Jan 11, 2011, 8:55:43 AM1/11/11

> It's impossible to rate him, as far as a number, given the offense he's
> given, and being a
> kid.
> First, there's all the stupid motion & shifting crap, that takes time away
> from his reads.
> Then, he has to rush to read, kill the initial play, etc... then
> generally, they make him
> a drop-back QB.
> I will say he's taken large steps from last season, despite the offense
> he's been given,
> unwarranted media & fan criticism, and a seeming lack of coaching.
> I think the bigger question, is what do you expect from him, under the
> circumstances of
> his age, experience, & having an incompetent OC?

Every time they re-set the formation the D changes too...so his reads keep
changing.....if he could make the change based on an audible it is a lot
different because he moves them to something he wants the D to do or what he
sees. If he needs to go slow...OK...but give him a chance to see what the D
is doing. I'd love to see / hear how opponents view the Jets
motion...sometimes it appears they do not adjust at all, because the motion
and resetting people just takes them right back to the same stregnths anyway
and they appear to run the same stuff out of all the multiple sets.

JKConey

Jan 11, 2011, 11:04:52 AM1/11/11

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 23:01:57 -0500, "JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> It's impossible to rate him, as far as a number, given the offense he's
> given, and being a
> kid.
> First, there's all the stupid motion & shifting crap, that takes time away
> from his reads.
> Then, he has to rush to read, kill the initial play, etc... then
> generally, they make him
> a drop-back QB.
> I will say he's taken large steps from last season, despite the offense
> he's been given,
> unwarranted media & fan criticism, and a seeming lack of coaching.
> I think the bigger question, is what do you expect from him, under the
> circumstances of
> his age, experience, & having an incompetent OC?

No argument. You keep telling me WHY he stinks, while I'm just stating
that he does. He doesn't have a different system or coach to work with. He
doesn't have experience or touch. Maybe he'll get better, and mature in this
system someday, but right now he's ranked at the bottom.