Vikings' Defense

John C TX

Oct 11, 2010, 10:20:51 AM10/11/10
In many ways they resemble the Ravens and statistically they are very
similar with few int's, fumbles & sacks. They had close loss to NO,
MIami, & beat the Lions.

I bet we see a lot of Greene running & LT catching the ball. How good
are their LBers?

Michael

Oct 11, 2010, 12:42:25 PM10/11/10

if the jets learned anything from their loss to the ravens, i expect
we'll see less of green running and LT catching and more of sanchez
throwing to edwards and santonio...

the jets offense is manned to pass the ball now... very much so...
that is not to say that they should forget about their running game...
only to keep in mind that in order to shread ANY defense including
ravens and vikes, the jets need to have ballance on offense at all
times. that means prove you can throw it all over the field. and
they can

John C TX

Oct 11, 2010, 2:41:23 PM10/11/10

I wasn't saying they won't throw it. I was referring to how I think
they will break up the duties.

LT is perfect to run against the 3-4 the way he picks his spots. I
think we will see a lot of Greene, & LT, inside. If they can make it
work it is perfect to set up the play action, short passes & screens
to LT. I wonder if we will see many 3 & 4 receiver sets?

Michael

Oct 11, 2010, 3:11:01 PM10/11/10
On Oct 11, 2:41 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 11, 11:42 am, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 11, 10:20 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > In many ways they resemble the Ravens and statistically they are very
> > > similar with few int's, fumbles & sacks.  They had close loss to NO,
> > > MIami, & beat the Lions.
>
> > > I bet we see a lot of Greene running & LT catching the ball.  How good
> > > are their LBers?
>
> > if the jets learned anything from their loss to the ravens, i expect
> > we'll see less of green running and LT catching and more of sanchez
> > throwing to edwards and santonio...
>
> > the jets offense is manned to pass the ball now... very much so...
> > that is not to say that they should forget about their running game...
> > only to keep in mind that in order to shread ANY defense including
> > ravens and vikes, the jets need to have ballance on offense at all
> > times.  that means prove you can throw it all over the field.  and
> > they can
>
> I wasn't saying they won't throw it. I was referring to how I think
> they will break up the duties.

ahhh.. got ya... i just hope that they dont play it like they played
the ravens. i'd prefer to see a good ballance. not pass happy, but 50
% of the snaps going to the air. for right now it looks to me that
the better teams in the nfl have a ballanced offense and strong
defense. the jets, steelers and ravens are all working on being able
to run and pass well. the teams with passing only like GB & DEN come
complete with instructions written on their helmets "all we can do is
pass"

> LT is perfect to run against the 3-4 the way he picks his spots. I
> think we will see a lot of Greene, & LT, inside. If they can make it
> work it is perfect to set up the play action, short passes & screens

> to LT.  I wonder if we will see many 3 & 4 receiver sets?- Hide quoted text -

good question about the 3 and 4 wr sets. going back to a few recent
interviews with jet players that i heard on 1050 espn radio... oddly
enough, the hosts were asking the jet players if santonio coming back
could cause problems for the offense by dictating that they change
things in response. sort of strange thinking but i guess some
substance to it... a superbowl mvp joins the team but yet it could be
a negative if they go too far from home. such as regular use of 3
and 4 wr sets. im curious to see what the jets do with this too. my
feeling is that they wont change so much. they will run a lot of the
same stuff, but they will have a more capable wr duo with edwards and
santonio lining up wide... cotch being the guy that will play less of
a role. perhaps we will see cotch in the slot on 3r downs or 2'nd and
more than 6.

John C TX

Oct 11, 2010, 5:22:11 PM10/11/10

Schott said Holmes would be grouped with different players. I would
like to see Edwards & Holmes wide with Cotchery in the slot along with
Keller who could line up as a traditional TE, go in motion, go to the
slot with LT in the backfield.

You could run. LT can pick up the blitz and you have 4 good
receivers.

John C TX

Oct 11, 2010, 5:27:07 PM10/11/10

btw if we get up 14 points & we can run the ball then I think you will
see that. Favre pressing only helps.

Harlan Lachman

Oct 12, 2010, 10:21:58 AM10/12/10
In article
<9c7f25f6-57c9-404e...@a36g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,

I think the capping of this thread is that with the game on the line,
after some tough pass completions, including one to Holmes, the Jets ran
the ball twice on two key plays, one to LT and one to Greene for a TD.

And the fact that the Jets, in a close game, managed to be the first
team in 52 games to rush for more than 150 yards against the Vikings,
with their two RB both averaging more than 5 ypc, shows that they did
not give up on the run.

harlan

John C TX

Oct 12, 2010, 11:49:18 AM10/12/10
On Oct 12, 9:21 am, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <9c7f25f6-57c9-404e-a93b-e5067564b...@a36g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,

Good point h, MN stuffed some good runners in NO & Miami.