ESPN: Jets pull ahead of Pats in 'Madden' ratings

Rich - ® ©

Jun 8, 2010, 8:36:43 AM6/8/10
WooHoo! We won the Madden ratings. LOL
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/14164/jets-pull-ahead-of-pats-in-madden-ratings

Jets pull ahead of Pats in 'Madden' ratings

June, 7, 2010 9:36AM ET
By Tim Graham\
At the risk of opening myself to ridicule from AFC South constable
Paul Kuharsky, who views video games with the same affection as pocket
lint, I thought my readers would be interested to see how their
favorite teams will be rated in "Madden NFL 11," which comes out in
August.

GameSpot.com reported all of the team rankings.

The New York Jets edged out the New England Patriots for the best AFC
East score, while the Buffalo Bills are scraping the bottom of the
league.

The Jets scored an 89. That's fourth best in the NFL behind the New
Orleans Saints (92), Indianapolis Colts (91) and Baltimore Ravens
(90).

EA Sports nudged the Jets one point higher than they were in "Madden
NFL 10," when they were tied with the Patriots as the division's best.
The Patriots have dipped two points to 86, ranking them eighth in the
league and fourth in the AFC.

The Miami Dolphins actually improved to a 79, two points higher than
they were in "Madden NFL 10" despite missing the playoffs last season.
Adding receiver Brandon Marshall and inside linebacker Karlos Dansby
will do that.

Gamers having a rough day and eager to pummel a hapless opponent will
be dialing up the Bills this year.

EA Sports rated the Bills a 67, one point higher the St. Louis Rams at
the bottom of the NFL. The Bills were lowered four points from last
year's edition. Only two other teams, the Arizona Cardinals (minus-8)
and Philadelphia Eagles (minus-6) dropped farther.

For those into joysticks and turbo buttons, be sure to check out Jon
Robinson's blog, "The Gamer," on ESPN.com. Robinson has been posting
all sorts of "Madden NFL 11" updates, including an sneak preview of a
new feature that will allow you to scout online opponents.

Michael

Jun 8, 2010, 11:32:07 AM6/8/10
On Jun 8, 8:36 am, Rich - ® © <Rhe...@infi.net> wrote:

<SNIP>

I give the Jets a slight edge in over all manpower. I give the Jets a
good edge as far as defensive brainpower goes. I give the Pats a good
edge as far as offensive brainpower goes. The Pats have an expert in
BB running both the offense and defense. The assistant coaches last
year got BB's coffee. He ran the show. Rex is a super genius
defensive coach and he trumps BB in that department. Especially on
tactics to neutralize the all important passing game. Rex is not an
offensive brain trust as far as I can see. He needs a real offensive
coordinator where as BB just needs some coffee. I've always been
suspect that Schott is not the expert that people think he is. The
only real edge you can give the Pats over the Jets is the fact that
the Jets have Schott running their offense. This is the final acid
test of Schott this year. No more excuses. He's got the same team
and QB he had last year. No drastic changes are needed as was the
case between Pennington, Favre and then Sanchez. And yes Mark, the
Jets have the better pass catchers as a whole. :-)

Harlan Lachman

Jun 8, 2010, 7:19:39 PM6/8/10
In article
<444cc0b2-f32a-452b...@d37g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
Michael <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote:

Why? Whey are the perennial division champs absent major injury. We have
won the off season championship too many times.

I will us the edge when we beat them home and away and finish two games
ahead of them in the standings.

MZ

Jun 8, 2010, 7:29:27 PM6/8/10

John, is that you?

Michael

Jun 8, 2010, 8:51:32 PM6/8/10
On Jun 8, 7:19 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <444cc0b2-f32a-452b-9eed-c2a50d3ca...@d37g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

>  Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
> > On Jun 8, 8:36 am, Rich - ® © <Rhe...@infi.net> wrote:
>
> > <SNIP>
>
> > I give the Jets a slight edge in over all manpower.  I give the Jets a
> > good edge as far as defensive brainpower goes.  I give the Pats a good
> > edge as far as offensive brainpower goes.  The Pats have an expert in
> > BB running both the offense and defense.  The assistant coaches last
> > year got BB's coffee.  He ran the show.  Rex is a super genius
> > defensive coach and he trumps BB in that department.  Especially on
> > tactics to neutralize the all important passing game.  Rex is not an
> > offensive brain trust as far as I can see.  He needs a real offensive
> > coordinator where as BB just needs some coffee.  I've always been
> > suspect that Schott is not the expert that people think he is.  The
> > only real edge you can give the Pats over the Jets is the fact that
> > the Jets have Schott running their offense.   This is the final acid
> > test of Schott this year.  No more excuses.  He's got the same team
> > and QB he had last year.  No drastic changes are needed as was the
> > case between Pennington, Favre and then Sanchez.   And yes Mark, the
> > Jets have the better pass catchers as a whole.  :-)
>
> Why?

'cause i say so !

Johnny Morongo

Jun 11, 2010, 3:34:24 AM6/11/10