Re: What's most amazing...

Message has been deleted

MZ

Sep 13, 2010, 9:53:40 PM9/13/10
buRford wrote:
> ... is that at the end of 3/4, Schott still hasn't tested the Ravens' 2ndary.
> It's not like the Ravens have been putting killer pressure on Sanchez.
> My cat, knowing the Ravens 2ndary is injured, would've done a better job of playcalling.

What's funny to me is that Cam Cameron sucks too. I almost can't wait
for the 10 o clock game so that we can see what real offensive
coordinators look like.

Message has been deleted

MZ

Sep 13, 2010, 10:12:28 PM9/13/10
buRford wrote:
> Imagine being a Jets fan, watching this crap for 5 years. Our D is great. STs Great. And
> we have enough playmakers, but the guy is braindead. And Rex gets blame with this,
> because he keeps him.

Sanchez could be a major limiting factor, but even still, the
playcalling is inexcusable. If Sanchez is so bad that he can't be
trusted to convert a 3rd and 4 in the air, then Brunell needs to play.

How many points has the offense actually scored? Are all 9 points from
the defense or special teams? I don't think the offense has actually
moved the team into field goal range tonight.

Message has been deleted

BicketyBam

Sep 13, 2010, 10:36:25 PM9/13/10
buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in

> On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:12:28 -0500, MZ <ma...@nospam.void> wrote:
>
>>buRford wrote:

>>> Imagine being a Jets fan, watching this crap for 5 years. Our D is
>>> great. STs Great. And we have enough playmakers, but the guy is
>>> braindead. And Rex gets blame with this, because he keeps him.
>>
>>Sanchez could be a major limiting factor, but even still, the
>>playcalling is inexcusable. If Sanchez is so bad that he can't be
>>trusted to convert a 3rd and 4 in the air, then Brunell needs to play.
>

> Or Clemens. But him too... he started out well, then became gun shy.
> To me, Sanchez is the limiting factor, because he's a pussy, just like
> his OC. I see no competetive fire from Sanchez... he just accepts the
> garbage he's given. On D they have a coach with balls. Same on STs.
> They are never going to win consistently, with Schott as OC. I said
> it the first year he got here... I'd rather have Hackett. He was
> overly conservative, but he knew offense, and would take advantage of
> matchups. Schott should be fired tonight, for not testing the Ravens
> 2ndary. Just try it, maybe you'll get a pass interference.
> And besides everything else, the players are poorly coached, and make
> dumb mistakes.

>>How many points has the offense actually scored? Are all 9 points
>>from the defense or special teams? I don't think the offense has
>>actually moved the team into field goal range tonight.

No defending that steaming pile of crap they called offense. That was
abysmal.

Johnny Morongo

Sep 13, 2010, 10:48:35 PM9/13/10
On Sep 13, 7:33 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> Schott should be fired tonight,

Says it all for me. And we've been saying it for four years now.

AFman72

Sep 13, 2010, 10:55:09 PM9/13/10
On Sep 13, 8:33 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:12:28 -0500, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >buRford wrote:

> >> Imagine being a Jets fan, watching this crap for 5 years.  Our D is great.  STs Great. And
> >> we have enough playmakers, but the guy is braindead.  And Rex gets blame with this,
> >> because he keeps him.
>
> >Sanchez could be a major limiting factor, but even still, the
> >playcalling is inexcusable.  If Sanchez is so bad that he can't be
> >trusted to convert a 3rd and 4 in the air, then Brunell needs to play.
>
> Or Clemens.  But him too... he started out well, then became gun shy.
> To me, Sanchez is the limiting factor, because he's a pussy, just like his OC.
> I see no competetive fire from Sanchez... he just accepts the garbage he's given.
> On D they have a coach with balls. Same on STs.  They are never going to win consistently,
> with Schott as OC.  I said it the first year he got here... I'd rather have Hackett.  He
> was overly conservative, but he knew offense, and would take advantage of matchups.
> Schott should be fired tonight, for not testing the Ravens 2ndary.
> Just try it, maybe you'll get a pass interference.
> And besides everything else, the players are poorly coached, and make dumb mistakes.
>

> >How many points has the offense actually scored?  Are all 9 points from
> >the defense or special teams?  I don't think the offense has actually
> >moved the team into field goal range tonight.- Hide quoted text -

Sanchez looked lost out there. If he can't cut it, need to put
someone else in that can. Greene also looked like he was lost. The
Ravens have a good defense but we made them all look like Pro
Bowlers. Phil

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Sep 13, 2010, 11:02:30 PM9/13/10
In article <fqlt86dp0ph8npg9u...@4ax.com>,
buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> Imagine being a Jets fan, watching this crap for 5 years. Our D is great.
> STs Great. And
> we have enough playmakers, but the guy is braindead. And Rex gets blame with
> this,
> because he keeps him.

That's because Rex is not HC material. He is a D coordinator. No one who
watches football could watch this game and not fire the OC.

harlan

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Sep 13, 2010, 11:21:06 PM9/13/10

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
> Seriously, we need an OC with the same fire as Rex, Pettine, & Westhoff.
> You know that scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark... the big, Arab Swordsman,
> with all the
> moves? That's Schott... all the focus on formations, & movement before
> the snap.
> But once the ball is snapped... nothing. Just goes down.

Seriously, I know a guy available....a great offensive coach, only high
school coaching experience, was a good head coach and now without a
team...he'd be WAY better than Schott...he actually knows offense.

papa.carl44

Sep 13, 2010, 11:22:26 PM9/13/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

Harlan...you may be right...I'm thinking the same thing...he does not have
whatever it takes to be a real CEO type....deal with Schott and his
inability, if he wants to do anything beyond this he better grow a pair.

Copp

Sep 14, 2010, 8:46:29 AM9/14/10
In article <s1lt86ts1ntabv7u9...@4ax.com>

buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> ... is that at the end of 3/4, Schott still hasn't tested the Ravens' 2ndary.
> It's not like the Ravens have been putting killer pressure on Sanchez.
> My cat, knowing the Ravens 2ndary is injured, would've done a better job of playcalling.

LOL! One of the Ravens said last week that they weren't afraid
of Sanchez throwing. Part of that is because he can't anticipate or escape
the blitz. Did you see how many times he was sacked per drop back last
night? Schott prevented 6 INT's from rushed throws and sacks.

John C TX

Sep 14, 2010, 9:28:01 AM9/14/10
On Sep 13, 10:04 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Very true.  It wasn't like the Ravens D was as dominant tonight, as I've seen them in the
> past.  It was more like Schott gave up, before the game started.  He did not try to
> challenge the D.

buRf, there is plenty to criticize the jets offense but you didn't
watch the game if you think the Ravens weren't dominant. Give them
credit.

John C TX

Sep 14, 2010, 9:33:25 AM9/14/10
On Sep 13, 9:33 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:12:28 -0500, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >buRford wrote:

> >> Imagine being a Jets fan, watching this crap for 5 years.  Our D is great.  STs Great. And
> >> we have enough playmakers, but the guy is braindead.  And Rex gets blame with this,
> >> because he keeps him.
>
> >Sanchez could be a major limiting factor, but even still, the
> >playcalling is inexcusable.  If Sanchez is so bad that he can't be
> >trusted to convert a 3rd and 4 in the air, then Brunell needs to play.
>
> Or Clemens.  But him too... he started out well, then became gun shy.
> To me, Sanchez is the limiting factor, because he's a pussy, just like his OC.
> I see no competetive fire from Sanchez... he just accepts the garbage he's given.
> On D they have a coach with balls. Same on STs.  They are never going to win consistently,
> with Schott as OC.  I said it the first year he got here... I'd rather have Hackett.  He
> was overly conservative, but he knew offense, and would take advantage of matchups.
> Schott should be fired tonight, for not testing the Ravens 2ndary.
> Just try it, maybe you'll get a pass interference.
> And besides everything else, the players are poorly coached, and make dumb mistakes.
>

> >How many points has the offense actually scored?  Are all 9 points from
> >the defense or special teams?  I don't think the offense has actually
> >moved the team into field goal range tonight.

Clemens came out playing well? Where when he was at Oregon?

He was awful in 2007 when Pennington went down.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ClemKe00.htm

Everyone is annoyed but don't assume you know what is going on. The
offense has Ryan's fingerprints all over it. They obviously don't
trust Sanchez with the ball.
The scariest part last night was at times he avoided stepping up in
the pocket.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

MZ

Sep 14, 2010, 9:48:09 AM9/14/10
buRford wrote:
> Maybe you didn't watch the game, as the Jets NEVER challenged the Ravens D... NEVER.
> The Ravens D did NOT stop the offense from challenging it.
> Sanchez was not on the ground after 1 second.
> There was no plan to move the football, as anyone watching the game could see.
> The Jets didn't make a sound, because THAT was the gameplan.

The Ravens defense stopped NY from running the ball. Not exactly
shocking news. The Ravens defense doesn't allow 100 yard rushers --
ever. In terms of YPC, they were 1st in '09, 5th in '08, 1st in '07,
2nd in '06... If the gameplan was to RUN against the Ravens defense,
then the whole damned coaching staff needs to be fired because that's
the dumbest shit I've ever heard of.

John C TX

Sep 14, 2010, 10:09:55 AM9/14/10
On Sep 14, 8:48 am, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> buRford wrote:

I think it was. I don't think they trust Sanchez.

John C TX

Sep 14, 2010, 10:14:25 AM9/14/10
On Sep 14, 8:36 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 06:28:01 -0700 (PDT), John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Maybe you didn't watch the game, as the Jets NEVER challenged the Ravens D... NEVER.
> The Ravens D did NOT stop the offense from challenging it.
> Sanchez was not on the ground after 1 second.

Then maybe your question should be why Sanchez didn't look down field.

Harlan Lachman

Sep 14, 2010, 10:38:53 AM9/14/10
In article
<5bb0b0b4-b1aa-4a39...@c13g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>,

John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

John, the Ravens' offense was not dominant. But because they kept being
aggressive and chucking the ball, they were able to benefit from
Wilson's and Cromartie's mistakes.

The Ravens never ran on us. We got like 3 or 4 successful plays all game
on them on the ground. The difference was that in spite of no Ed Reed
and with back up and new CB, Shott never challenged the Dbs, never used
roll outs, did not throw on first downs deep when doing so might have
prevented 8 men playing pass D.

The Ravens were dominant, in part because they have a great front 7.
They were also dominant because our offense never tested them.

I think that is because of Shott. Maybe it is Sanchez. Unlikely it is
Rex. But if the responsible party remains a Jet, this will be the most
disappointing year since 1999, and we won't even have an injury excuse.

harlan

John C TX

Sep 14, 2010, 11:47:51 AM9/14/10
> I think that is because of Shott. Maybe it is Sanchez. Unlikely it is
> Rex. But if the responsible party remains a Jet, this will be the most
> disappointing year since 1999, and we won't even have an injury excuse.

I was referring to the Ravens defense playing well not their offense.

From day one I have never said that Schott is Don Coryell. It may be
he is entirely problem.

I do think that the offense is more conservative now than it was under
Pennington - Favre doesn't really count as who knows who ran that
offense. I think it is fair to assume that Ryan has his hand in what
Schott does & he has said he want to run it.

Jetson&dad

Sep 14, 2010, 11:49:18 AM9/14/10
On Sep 14, 9:36 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 06:28:01 -0700 (PDT), John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Maybe you didn't watch the game, as the Jets NEVER challenged the Ravens D... NEVER.
> The Ravens D did NOT stop the offense from challenging it.
> Sanchez was not on the ground after 1 second.
> There was no plan to move the football, as anyone watching the game could see.
> The Jets didn't make a sound, because THAT was the gameplan.

That's how it looked to me too. Seems mistake-free play from the
Quarterback was a BIG part of the gameplan. Aside from some inaccurate
passes Sanchez pretty much delivered. It's like they're training the
boy for mediocrity. For what he's being asked to do have to wonder why
they traded up to get him. Any journeyman QB could fill the role he
played last night. Brad Smith could have at least provided a run
threat.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

John C TX

Sep 14, 2010, 1:47:30 PM9/14/10
On Sep 14, 11:45 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> I know why... that's what the coaching staff has instructed him to do, and as a result,
> he's braindead.  He's a very green kid.  They decided to play him, rather than let him do
> the sit & watch route.  Who do you think puts everything in his head?
> Here's an easy one... last preseason game, when Sanchez was calling the plays, did he have
> better success than his OC?
> How you keep blaming this crap on everyone, other than who is actually responsible for the
> offense, is beyond me.

It is probably one of of many things that is beyond you, including
football.

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Sep 14, 2010, 4:33:27 PM9/14/10
In article <4t9v86d69cs4840tt...@4ax.com>,
buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> The only thing I disagree with, Harlan, is the disappointment angle.
> We knew we have a great D & STs.
> We knew we're short on depth, especially on both lines.
> We knew management did nothing to replace Faneca, for this season.

This is bogus. What did Slauson do that Faneca has not. He whiffed on
one play. And, Shott put him in a situation on 3rd down with no help.
How stupid is that. Like sending TRich out wide is going to get a first
down.

Slauson is not on my list of players or coaches to blame. Faneca was no
great shakes as a pass blocker here or in his new home.

> Ducasse
> is raw, &
> Slauson is a bit less raw. Maybe they should start Hunter.
> We knew Greene was a gamble, even though he's looked great at times.

Actually I was shocked by his performance. This team did not get players
like Keller, Cotch or Greene ready to play. You can blame all the
individuals or you could look at a pattern.

> We knew Sanchez is a green kid, who receives little coaching.
> And we knew who our OC was.
> So, I don't get the disappointment. We can be anything from 6-10 to maybe
> 11-5, depending
> upon breaks, & how many turnovers our D can force... and score on.
> The O will always be underachieving, as long as BS is here.

I was willing to think Rex had a plan with the offense. Based on his
interview today, I think not. He apparently did not pay enough attention
to know Greene had been benched.

I am disappointed. We did not try to win this game on offense and the
team was ill prepared to play.

Disappointment.

harlan

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Sep 14, 2010, 9:48:19 PM9/14/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I they go into a season with all the bluster and talk...and don't trust the
starting QB that badly....they damn well should be trading Revis for a
serviceable QB....has anyone told them you need a QB to play the game?

papa.carl44

Sep 14, 2010, 9:52:47 PM9/14/10

> There ya go. Let Brad Smith be QB. Thing is, it'll be the same thing.
> It's the offensive design... the focus is on outcuting the defense, before
> the snap.
> If the defense ignores all the motion, & extraneous crap, Schott has no
> answer.

When they decided to put in a version of the wildcat...Rex had to get it
from his son's high school coach....what does that tell you guys....Schott
couldn't figure that out?????? It's a freakin single wing.....quite a few
pop warner coaches have a good handle on it.

papa.carl44

Sep 14, 2010, 9:59:26 PM9/14/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Me thinks Ryan has been told by Woody who will run the offense....or Woody
to Tannenbaum to Rex.....Marty is with Woody a lot....that tells me a lot,
they are all cut from the same cloth in the good old boy club. Rex does not
fit the Woody club at all...and Brian and Dad do.

papa.carl44

Sep 14, 2010, 10:03:05 PM9/14/10

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ClemKe00.htm

Where are Ryan's figerprints on the offense? And, how would you know...what
history does Ryan have with an offense that would give us this information,
a point of reference? Ryan looks at individual performances on offense
maybe....not the function of it as a team, that is Schotts job and has been,
that is why he was kept when Rex came.

John C TX

Sep 15, 2010, 12:04:37 PM9/15/10
> Where are Ryan's figerprints on the offense?  And, how would you know...what
> history does Ryan have with an offense that would give us this information,
> a point of reference?

PC, some are my conclusions & some is based on his own words.

One of the first things out of Ryan's mouth was he wanted to run the
ball. In addition the ratio of pass to run has dropped from 50-50
year one, 53% year two to 40% last year and was falling. Some is
driven by QB's & whether a team is inning so on top of that look at
this.

Two TE sets were brought in, albeit with a guard mid-season last
year, & one of my criticisms of Schott was he rarely ran 2 TE sets
when he had Baker, Franks & Keller. The changes could be Rex. They
could be Schott influenced by Callahan & Rex but when an asst coach
starts doing things he has never done before, especially mid-season,
it isn't a crazy conclusion to wonder that the HC's input as involved.

>Ryan looks at individual performances on offense
> maybe....not the function of it as a team, that is Schotts job and has been,
> that is why he was kept when Rex came.

Along those lines, you yourself wrote recently that the OC & DC are
not as involved with skill coaching & teaching. If you believe that
is the case why hasn't everyone been screaming for Cavanaugh's scalp?

Like I have said from the beginning of this season, Schott may not be
good -- don't think he is bad-- but the QB & a running game can drive
the success of an OC.

papa.carl44

Sep 15, 2010, 2:13:30 PM9/15/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

******************************************************************************************************************************************

Agree on most of it....but the only position that MOST OC's stay totally
invovled with is the QB....Cavanaugh may go over mechanics and such....but
it's Schott who tells him how to handle and manage the game.....BTW....if
Sanchez started actually playing like an NFL QB then we'd know how his
mechanics etc are.

John C TX

Sep 15, 2010, 3:07:59 PM9/15/10
On Sep 15, 1:13 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>