Re: Gulp... head-scratcher becoming a chronic problem?

Message has been deleted

Rich - � �

May 20, 2010, 10:20:05 PM5/20/10

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
news:8vlbv5hkl8de8lh8l...@4ax.com...
> Hopefully, this will work itself out, but one of the biggest
> head-scratchers of the
> offseason - - letting Feely go - - may be biting us. I never understood
> the move, without
> a competent replacement.
>
> A bunch of stories tonite about Folk. Here's Cimini...
>
> "It's too soon to say the Jets have a kicking crisis, but Rex Ryan
> admitted he's
> concerned. Former Cowboys PK Nick Folk, whom they're counting on to
> replace Jay Feely
> (Cards), was brutal. At one point, he missed three straight from about 40
> yards. Said
> Ryan: "Yeah, it concerns me. We'd all feel a lot better if they decided to
> make a few."
> Folk, of course, was run out of Dallas last season because he imploded
> late in the season.
> That Feely decision could backfire on the Jets in a big way."

We did not want to lose Feeley and he did not want to go, However bc of the
new rules this year on the final four, or final 8, without a Free Agent
leaving, we could not sign a FA. We wanted to sign a free agent, so we had
to let a free agent walk. Sorry Jay, We know we will miss you.

Rich

MZ

May 20, 2010, 10:35:26 PM5/20/10

Wait...which free agent did it allow them to sign? What about Green,
Murrell, Wright, Douglas, Fowler, Izzo, ... That bought some some space.

papa.carl44

May 20, 2010, 11:53:42 PM5/20/10

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
> Hopefully, this will work itself out, but one of the biggest
> head-scratchers of the
> offseason - - letting Feely go - - may be biting us. I never understood
> the move, without
> a competent replacement.
>
> A bunch of stories tonite about Folk. Here's Cimini...
>
> "It's too soon to say the Jets have a kicking crisis, but Rex Ryan
> admitted he's
> concerned. Former Cowboys PK Nick Folk, whom they're counting on to
> replace Jay Feely
> (Cards), was brutal. At one point, he missed three straight from about 40
> yards. Said
> Ryan: "Yeah, it concerns me. We'd all feel a lot better if they decided to
> make a few."
> Folk, of course, was run out of Dallas last season because he imploded
> late in the season.
> That Feely decision could backfire on the Jets in a big way."

I think it was a horrible decision. The kicker in today's game is right
there with the QB, OMHO. Papa Carl

Tutor

May 21, 2010, 12:08:24 AM5/21/10
On May 20, 10:35 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> Rich - ® © wrote:
>

> > "buRford" <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
> Murrell, Wright, Douglas, Fowler, Izzo, ... That bought some some space.- Hide quoted text -

I thought the dollars saved matched up with the Jason Taylor signing.

Johnctx

May 21, 2010, 8:41:10 AM5/21/10

The player had to sign for an amount equal to what they lost not a
cumulative effect.

Johnctx

May 21, 2010, 8:51:32 AM5/21/10

Papa if you give me a kicker who can make most inside the 40, no matter
the situation, is all I want. The guys who can regularly hit 48 yarders
w/o pressure & can't kick a 39 yarder with the game on the line is
worthless. The Texans will be cutting one of those named Kris Brown.
He can also kick them deep on kickoffs.

It is one reason Nugent didn't make me crazy. Once a draft pick is
wasted it is immaterial where he was taken. He had a run once where he
missed two in two weeks but actually was a a dependable FG kicker even
inside the 50. He just couldn't kick it deep. I am not saying he is the
answer as his career has just spiraled downward.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

MZ

May 21, 2010, 2:57:51 PM5/21/10
buRford wrote:
> Yup... it was a Taylor for Feely swap, in essence.

So losing those guys didn't buy them anything? Also, do UDFAs not count
against the limit?

Michael

May 21, 2010, 4:16:56 PM5/21/10
On May 20, 8:55 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Hopefully, this will work itself out, but one of the biggest head-scratchers of the
> offseason - - letting Feely go - - may be biting us.  I never understood the move, without
> a competent replacement.
>
> A bunch of stories tonite about Folk.  Here's Cimini...
>
> "It's too soon to say the Jets have a kicking crisis, but Rex Ryan admitted he's
> concerned. Former Cowboys PK Nick Folk, whom they're counting on to replace Jay Feely
> (Cards), was brutal. At one point, he missed three straight from about 40 yards. Said
> Ryan: "Yeah, it concerns me. We'd all feel a lot better if they decided to make a few."
> Folk, of course, was run out of Dallas last season because he imploded late in the season.
> That Feely decision could backfire on the Jets in a big way."

I still dont understand why they did not pay to keep Feely. It was a
small amount of money to pay for such an important part of the team.
And, Feely was more than "a kicker". He's actually a football
player. Add to that Folk sucks. I bet this one winds up costing them
a few games. If you are a running team with defense, the scores are
gonna be close most of the time. Even more reason not to dare going
into a season with a scrub kicking for you.

papa.carl44

May 21, 2010, 8:23:06 PM5/21/10

"Johnctx" <j...@spamtx.net> wrote in message

I understand..but I look at the complete body of work...he did some good
things and he was able to step up and help as a punter too.

Jetsdad&son

May 25, 2010, 8:44:28 AM5/25/10
On May 20, 8:55 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> "It's too soon to say the Jets have a kicking crisis, but Rex Ryan admitted he's
> concerned. Former Cowboys PK Nick Folk, whom they're counting on to replace Jay Feely
> (Cards), was brutal. At one point, he missed three straight from about 40 yards.

What ever happened to Nugent. Lasst I remember he was sidelined w/ a
leg injury. Didn't he ever recover from it?