Re: We're in the playoffs...

Message has been deleted

Glenn Greenstein

Dec 26, 2010, 4:46:00 PM12/26/10
On Dec 26, 4:27 pm, graybeard <graybe...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 16:22:21 -0500 buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
>
> >Ho hum.
>
> I think I would rather that they had missed the playoffs, just to show
> them that talking about something is not the same thing as doing it.
> --
> graybeard

Boy, what great fans we have here.

Message has been deleted

Keith Keller

Dec 26, 2010, 5:04:08 PM12/26/10
On 2010-12-26, buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Ho hum.

As a long-time Rangers fan, I can sympathize with this perspective. But
in a glass half-full moment, I am glad that Sanchez is getting another
chance at the playoffs. The only way to learn how to win in the
playoffs is to lose in them, and Sanchez will get another opportunity to
feel that pain again this season. (And, just maybe, Ryan and staff will
learn what it takes, too.)

--keith

--
kkeller...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
(try just my userid to email me)

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Dec 26, 2010, 7:08:55 PM12/26/10

"Keith Keller" <kkeller...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote in message

> On 2010-12-26, buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
>> Ho hum.
>
> As a long-time Rangers fan, I can sympathize with this perspective. But
> in a glass half-full moment, I am glad that Sanchez is getting another
> chance at the playoffs. The only way to learn how to win in the
> playoffs is to lose in them, and Sanchez will get another opportunity to
> feel that pain again this season. (And, just maybe, Ryan and staff will
> learn what it takes, too.)
>
> --keith

They need to learn about some depth on the team...quality subs....I keep
wondering how things might be if they got rid of McNothing and had Woodhead
still here to relieve some of the pressure...I would rather have seen him
spelling Shonn today for sure. Still....they NEED some D linemen who can
rush.

papa.carl44

Dec 26, 2010, 7:11:03 PM12/26/10

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

> On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 14:04:08 -0800, Keith Keller
> <kkeller...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:
>
>>On 2010-12-26, buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
>>> Ho hum.
>>
>>As a long-time Rangers fan, I can sympathize with this perspective. But
>>in a glass half-full moment, I am glad that Sanchez is getting another
>>chance at the playoffs. The only way to learn how to win in the
>>playoffs is to lose in them, and Sanchez will get another opportunity to
>>feel that pain again this season. (And, just maybe, Ryan and staff will
>>learn what it takes, too.)
>>
>>--keith
>
> Your point is well-taken, but the playoffs get old, without getting to the
> Supe.
> Ever since Parcells was here, the Jets've generally been a competitive
> team.
> It be time to take the next step.
> I didn't think it would be this year, like many did, but...
> My problem is that at least on offense, they don't learn.
> It's the same ol' same ol'.
> I mention Shonn Greene a lot. He had 12 touches today.
> If he'd have had double those touches, we'd have won.
> There was no reason for a shootout. If the D is overmatched, as they are
> against any good
> OC, or QB, you wanna keep the ball away from the opposing O, especially on
> a terrible
> field. Ball-control was key. So, why all the passing?
> Why all the LT? Why can't the O score in the first quarter, or coming out
> of the locker
> room, in the 3rd quarter?
> And what will everyone talk about? Rex's decison to go for it (was a good
> pass, Smith
> dropped), and how bad the D is. The whole point missed.
> So, can they learn?
> I'm not so sure, without a Media or fanbase that get it, to pressure them
> & guide the
> narrative.

I don't disagree, but this is a much different NFl...they no doubt will
change the way they send teams to the playoffs, go best records and not by
division etc...but right now...the Jets did enough to be there, and a kid
like Sanchez gets a valuable opportunity to play against the best...that I
like. Still, I have very little hope for them with that defense in terms of
personnel.

Michael

Dec 26, 2010, 8:34:48 PM12/26/10
On Dec 26, 7:08 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "Keith Keller" <kkeller-use...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote in message

> > On 2010-12-26, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> >> Ho hum.
>
> > As a long-time Rangers fan, I can sympathize with this perspective.  But
> > in a glass half-full moment, I am glad that Sanchez is getting another
> > chance at the playoffs.  The only way to learn how to win in the
> > playoffs is to lose in them, and Sanchez will get another opportunity to
> > feel that pain again this season.  (And, just maybe, Ryan and staff will
> > learn what it takes, too.)
>
> > --keith
>
> They need to learn about some depth on the team...quality subs....I keep
> wondering how things might be if they got rid of McNothing and had Woodhead
> still here to relieve some of the pressure...I would rather have seen him
> spelling Shonn today for sure.  Still....they NEED some D linemen who can
> rush.

if woodhead was on the jets, he'd be pulling his pud. the pats
offense can get value from him. the jets can not even get value from
green

Beiselbub©

Dec 26, 2010, 9:29:19 PM12/26/10
On Dec 26, 2:22 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Ho hum.

Congrats on backing in. ;)

papa.carl44

Dec 26, 2010, 11:37:36 PM12/26/10

"Beiselbub©" <yank_e...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

On Dec 26, 2:22 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Ho hum.

Congrats on backing in. ;)

pathetic...you can't enjoy having a team that is at the top...what you have
is a bad case of "Schadenfreude"
http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Schadenfreude

Beiselbub©

Dec 27, 2010, 12:27:11 AM12/27/10
On Dec 26, 9:37 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "Beiselbub©" <yank_ees_s...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I know what schadenfreude is, thanks. And there is nothing pathetic
about it. It's an essential quality of competition. There has to be
a loser, or victory would be meaningless.

What's PATHETIC is Rex' habit of writing checks his team can't cash.
That's pathetic. (And I'm not going to get into his personal life.)

Beiselbub©

Dec 27, 2010, 12:33:55 AM12/27/10

What exactly do you mean by that, Glenn?

(I know, you're just cracking the whip of blind homerism and fan
conformity. After all, you backed in, it's reason to celebrate.)

RickyBobby

Dec 30, 2010, 11:20:49 PM12/30/10

"Beiselbub©" <yank_e...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I laugh when some of us try to compare our jets defense to that of the
ravens or steelers. even more so when some say rex was the ravens defensive
architect. it's getting harder to believe that rex had anything to do with
the awesome ravens defenses being as good as they were.

RickyBobby

Dec 30, 2010, 11:27:19 PM12/30/10
"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

we do have great fans here, what crawled up your butt and died

RickyBobby

Dec 30, 2010, 11:29:04 PM12/30/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

what in the world is a pud?