Re: Bart Scott was a bit pissed after game...

Message has been deleted

JKConey

Jan 16, 2011, 10:33:20 PM1/16/11

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
news:bud7j6p9sag56tc6r...@4ax.com...
> Check out this short interview after the game...
>
> http://es.pn/gaKofG

He had a right to vent, but he is just a bit scary.

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Jan 16, 2011, 11:49:22 PM1/16/11

"JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
>> Check out this short interview after the game...
>>
>> http://es.pn/gaKofG
>

> He had a right to vent, but he is just a bit scary.

I like that.....LB's being scary is a good thing. It's how they are
supposed to be, it's his game face, game hype and it doesn't just turn off
for some guys.

Keith Keller

Jan 17, 2011, 12:00:25 AM1/17/11
On 2011-01-17, papa.carl44 <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:

> I like that.....LB's being scary is a good thing. It's how they are
> supposed to be, it's his game face, game hype and it doesn't just turn off
> for some guys.

Thanksgiving dinner might be a little scary.

--keith

--
kkeller...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
(try just my userid to email me)

Ritchie

Jan 17, 2011, 2:42:13 AM1/17/11
On Jan 16, 10:31 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Check out this short interview after the game...
>
> http://es.pn/gaKofG

I saw this and the interviewer looked intimidated. I remember
thinking, dude you won the game, its time to relax. He is a scary
individual and I really do like that for a LB. Imagine how Brady felt
looking at that face throughout the game :)

John Vamp

Jan 17, 2011, 5:55:49 AM1/17/11
On Jan 16, 10:31 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Check out this short interview after the game...
>
> http://es.pn/gaKofG

That link doesn't work for me. But why would he be upset? They just
had the biggest win of Scott's career....if that doesn't make him
happy, what in the world would?

Message has been deleted

John Vamp

Jan 17, 2011, 10:57:50 AM1/17/11
On Jan 17, 9:52 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Here's the full link, John...http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/4213/video-bart-scott...
>
> He's angry at the Media, for the disrespect the Jets get.
> What will make him happy?
> I suspect a Vince trophy will probably do  ;)

Here's the line that I find very curious: "All we hear is about their
defense! They can't stop a nosebleed!"

Um, I didn't see *one* media figure lauding the Patriots defense
heading into this game. All we heard all year long was that the Pats'
D was one of the worst in the league, and how can the Patriots hope to
stop anybody. I tried to stand up for the D a little here in this
group, but I doubt Scott reads this newsgroup.

I can understand thumping your chest after a big win. Scott and the
Jets deserve to do that. I can even understand playing the "the
Patriots are overrated" card after the game. But to say "all we hear
is about their defense"????? *NOBODY* was talking big about the
Patriots' defense. Bart Scott, what on *earth* are you talking about?

Message has been deleted

John Vamp

Jan 17, 2011, 11:23:40 AM1/17/11
On Jan 17, 11:08 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> I heard a lot about how the D would throttle the Jets O, the Jets wouldn't be able to rush
> on the *stout* D, how they'd eat Sanchez alive,  and how the D stats for the Pats were
> really misleading... that they were better than their stats.  At the same time, the Jets D
> has been ridiculed in the Media.
>
> Scott's a moron, but I understand where's he's coming from.  He's the classic guy, with a
> huge chip on his shoulder, for whatever reason.

Where did you hear all that nonsense. Who on earth ridiculed the
Jets' D? If the NY media was saying all this, ok. I didn't see or
read much nationally that made fun of the Jets' D or amplified the
Pats' D.

I think Scott is talking out of his butt on this one. But hey, if he
convinced himself that it's true and it motivated him, more power to
him.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

John Vamp

Jan 17, 2011, 2:38:20 PM1/17/11
On Jan 17, 1:17 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I can understand thumping your chest after a big win.  Scott and the
> > Jets deserve to do that.  I can even understand playing the "the
> > Patriots are overrated" card after the game.  But to say "all we hear
> > is about their defense"?????  *NOBODY* was talking big about the
> > Patriots' defense.  Bart Scott, what on *earth* are you talking about?
>
> Some of the talking heads like Marino, Esaison (protecting market
> share) & some from the NFL network were going in & on about the young
> Pats defense & how it has improved.
>
> Scott is running with this "no respect" stuff.  I hate it when the
> Pats did it because there fans keep it going and I hate if when the
> Jets do it for the same reason.

I guess I just don't understand where people think the Jets aren't
respected. In fact, for a good chunk of the season, I thought their
defense was far less than what the press clippings were saying.

I mean, they played great in the playoffs so far, make no mistake.
But the Pats - despite a great defensive scheme executed pretty
flawlessly by a premier defense, and numerous critical errors by their
own players (dropped TD pass, horrible INT, 3 fumbles, all recovered
by the offense, but still... - despite all that, they still racked up
26 first downs, 372 yards of offense, 78 total plays, 35 minutes of
possession, and 21 points. It shows you just how damned good the
Patriots offense was for such a great defense executing a flawless
game plan superbly to still give up those kinds of numbers.

Michael

Jan 17, 2011, 3:27:21 PM1/17/11
On Jan 16, 11:49 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > "buRford" <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

> >> Check out this short interview after the game...
>
> >>http://es.pn/gaKofG
>
> >   He had a right to vent, but he is just a bit scary.
>
> I like that.....LB's being scary is a good thing.  It's how they are
> supposed to be, it's his game face, game hype and it doesn't just turn off
> for some guys.

he can turn it off... probably takes him until after he leaves the
locker room. from what i have read about him, he's level headed. he
also does a lot of charity work in person. genuinely compassionate
stuff. if he wants to knock welker or who ever out of their uniform,
he should just remember not to come off in front of the press like a
mafia hit man. he'll get an extra helping of flags on the field for
that brand of talk

papa.carl44

Jan 17, 2011, 5:19:50 PM1/17/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Oh, I'm sure it turns off...but not while he's still on the field in
uniform.

Harlan Lachman

Jan 17, 2011, 8:59:34 PM1/17/11
In article
<847ee292-b67c-4c03...@29g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
John Vamp <jvamp...@gmail.com> wrote:

God damn play not to lose prevent defense, John.

How many of those yards and first downs came in the 4th quarter?

John Vamp

Jan 17, 2011, 10:12:16 PM1/17/11
On Jan 17, 8:59 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <847ee292-b67c-4c03-a049-78e4372ad...@29g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,

85 passing yards...not sure how many rushing yards. Look, the first
two Pats drives, they cut through the Jets like a hot knife through
butter. Made it look effortless, really. The Jets made some good
adjustments, but the Pats started getting back in gear in the 3rd.
That's when they went 80 yards in 8 plays (took just 3:51 off the
clock) to get the game within 3. The Jets weren't in "prevent" then,
make no mistake. The Pats just shredded them, like they did the first
two drives. Except this time they actually got it into the end zone.
Their last 4 possessions:

8 plays, 80 yds, 3:51, TD
14 plays, 48 yds, 7:45, turnover on downs (this is the drive that
killed them even though they were moving the ball effectively....they
took SO much time, like they had all day...gggrrrrrrr)
7 plays, 26 yds, 1:32, FG
7 plays, 59 yds, 1:17, TD

No way the Jets wanted the Pats to score on any of those drives, even
the last one. Why? Because an onsides kick and weird things can
happen. They may have been playing a bit softer, but they didn't stop
trying to defend.

The bottom line is that the Pats started strong but couldn't convert,
and they finally figured things out late in the 3rd quarter and moved
the ball very effectively the rest of the game (and got 18 points in
the last 15+ minutes of the game).

Put it this way: as the Pats move forward to 2011, the offense is not
what I'm worried about.