Why the Jet's schedule is even harder than it looks

Michael

Nov 11, 2010, 9:53:25 AM11/11/10
If you consider the "side stories", the Jet schedule is probably one
of the hardest that any team has to face.

1. Ravens: Rex's old team. Unquestionably, the Ravens wanted to show
Rex and the Jets that they "had it" even without Rex.

2. Patriots: No explanation needed.

3. Fish: All sorts of trash talk to add to the standard div rivalry.
No question that the Fish were jacked up to the full

4. Buff: Not playing at a high level, but still a div rival.

5. Vikes. Fava Bean back in town. The Favre factor added in to
things. Not just another game. Lots of energy and emotion.

6. Denver. Always tuff at home, and they badly needed a win. They
came loaded to bare and wanted this game.

7. Packers. Also badly needed a win and were focused on getting back
on track.

8. Lions. They knew they had a chance to make a statement by beatign
the Jets. Lots of trash talk about how many points they would score.
Detroit clearly WANTED this game and were primed to take a step up.
Not just another game. Not at all.

9. Browns. My goodness... This one looked easy at the beginning of
the year and now it is a tuff one. Mangini WANTS the game and the
Browns are jacked up. They just beat the Pats. A cake walk now
turned ito a dog fight.

10. Texans. Yay !!!! They have no real reason to want to kill the
Jets. I expect the Jets take this one easy.

11. Bengals. They want revenge.

12. Pats. BB and Brady at home. Oh no !

13. Fish. Fish will be jacked up of course. Long history of trash
talk... "Sweep" and so on... And... Now... Chadwick is back.

14. Squeelers. Jets have to face the Squeelers AND the league
officials. I expect the Jets to out play them, but still lose due to
"phantom" calls against them and "no calls" against the Squeelers.

15. Chicago. Wow... Another game that does not have any added
gusto.

16. Buff. Another rest but still a div rival.

So... You see... The Jets have a brutal time of it. Not just 16
games here. Only The Bears and the Texans dont have any extra added
reason to want to KO the "fuckin' Jets".

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 11, 2010, 12:10:38 PM11/11/10

The way I see it, they line up 11 and so do we. Team that makes more
plays wins, all the rest of this garbage is non sense. Just because we
trash talk or have a rivalry for whatever reason does not enable the
RB to break more tackles or the WR's to catch more passes.

Michael

Nov 11, 2010, 12:17:31 PM11/11/10
> RB to break more tackles or the WR's to catch more passes.- Hide quoted text -

football is the most emotional of all the sports... no matter what
they say about a game just being another game. that is why a ravens
vs steelers or oakland vs KC or vikes vs gb are so often such wild
hard hitting games...

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 11, 2010, 1:06:59 PM11/11/10
> hard hitting games...- Hide quoted text -

Based on what Michael? Do you think for a second the Yankees don't
want to beat the shit out of the Red Sox or the Mets don't want to
stomp the life out of Philly. Doesn't every team in the NBA want to
shit on Miami? Some of the most bitter rivalries I can remember are
actually basketball between the Knicks and Miami Heat of the 80's and
90's and too a lesser extent Indiana. Those teams really hated each
other to the point of bench clearing brawls and constant fights and
this was basketball which is thought to be a non contact sport. I
don't think the Knicks hating the Heat or the Sox hating the Yankees
ever won a game for anyone just like the fact that the Jets have hated
the Pats for about the last 5 years ever won them any more games.
BTW, it's the Broncos that the Raiders hate, not KC. That's just a
division game to them.

Michael

Nov 11, 2010, 1:16:41 PM11/11/10
> division game to them.- Hide quoted text -

huh ??? the raiders may hate the broncos too there is no love between
them and kc. i dont agree with what you say above... football is not
played in a vacuum. especially not football... there are lots of
examples of a lesser team "wanting it more" and then going out and
pulling off an upset. you cant play football unless you have the
right mind set. you also need emotional leaders on your team.

Keith Keller

Nov 11, 2010, 2:07:03 PM11/11/10
On 2010-11-11, Michael <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote:
> If you consider the "side stories", the Jet schedule is probably one
> of the hardest that any team has to face.

[schedule snipped]

You might be right, but don't the other AFC East teams play almost the
exact same schedule? The only real differences are the ones specific to
the Jets (Ryan's old team, Favre's new team, Mangini's new team).

And if you think about it, it's not like Pittsburgh's schedule is all
that much easier, with their own tough division, tough AFC East games,
and Atlanta and New Orleans from the NFC South.

--keith

--
kkeller...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
(try just my userid to email me)

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 11, 2010, 2:15:00 PM11/11/10
> right mind set.  you also need emotional leaders on your team.- Hide quoted text -

Right, wanting it more is what wins games. The team that want's it
more makes the extra effort to make the play. I never said effort
didn't matter, what I am saying is this revenge thing you are thinking
that is going to give the Bengals an edge is BS. Also, emotion is not
a good thing in any situation. More times than not the guy that can
control his emotions is the guy that performs better.

Michael

Nov 11, 2010, 3:27:33 PM11/11/10
> control his emotions is the guy that performs better.- Hide quoted text -

huh ??? emotion is everything as far as the human condition goes. in
all matters. having emotion does not mean you are out of control. do
players get "psyched" before games or do they put on some of
Schubert's chamber music and sit on the couch to calm down a bit ???

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 11, 2010, 3:34:14 PM11/11/10
> Schubert's chamber music and sit on the couch to calm down a bit ???- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, emotion is good, just like when Scott threw that guy from
Detroit off the pile and got a 15 yard penalty. Don't want be calm and
collected in that situation.

Michael

Nov 11, 2010, 3:44:35 PM11/11/10
> collected in that situation.- Hide quoted text -

scott lost it... again... as far as emotion and sports go... no need
to throw the baby out with the bath water... emotion is good. loss if
control is not.

Deadmeat

Nov 11, 2010, 4:01:59 PM11/11/10

They do both, genius.

Michael

Nov 11, 2010, 4:28:34 PM11/11/10
> They do both, genius.- Hide quoted text -

no need to get pissy... just because your team sucks

they listen to chamber music on the sidelines just before the game
starts ??? i see them do everything BUT relax and mellow out. i can
understand that they dont want to peak and burn up energy hours before
the game... but not minutes before it.

Deadmeat

Nov 11, 2010, 5:23:52 PM11/11/10

You didn't say anything about being on the sidelines, where there aren't
any couches. Do you beep when you back up like that?

Michael

Nov 11, 2010, 8:02:00 PM11/11/10
> any couches.  Do you beep when you back up like that?- Hide quoted text -

you are too quick on your feet for me

Copp

Nov 11, 2010, 8:41:07 PM11/11/10
In article <7b404efa-aef3-4d5d...@f16g2000prj.googlegroups.com>

Michael <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote:

> If you consider the "side stories", the Jet schedule is probably one
> of the hardest that any team has to face.
>
> 1. Ravens: Rex's old team. Unquestionably, the Ravens wanted to show

There isn't any team there the Jets can't beat. The difficulty
is playing at a really high level when you have a string of
the best teams to play. So what if the Jets drop a couple
(Houston, could be a trap game if the Jets beat Cleveland
easily, or an easy win if they don't beat Cleveland) they'll
still be 12-4.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Deadmeat

Nov 11, 2010, 8:55:11 PM11/11/10
On 11/11/2010 8:49 PM, buRford wrote:
> Hmmm, what, no mention of 1982??

No,not today. Thanks for playing.

Deadmeat

Nov 11, 2010, 9:00:13 PM11/11/10
On 11/11/2010 8:49 PM, buRford wrote:
> Hmmm, what, no mention of 1982??

1982. Make you feel better?

Deadmeat

Nov 11, 2010, 9:01:23 PM11/11/10

I know.

`·.¸¸.·´¯)@RåvÑsfån@(¯`·.¸¸.·´

Nov 12, 2010, 12:51:43 AM11/12/10
"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> If you consider the "side stories", the Jet schedule is probably one
> of the hardest that any team has to face.
>
> 1. Ravens: Rex's old team. Unquestionably, the Ravens wanted to show
> Rex and the Jets that they "had it" even without Rex.

Rex is overrated as a HC by uninformed Jester fans like yourself Michelle,
who will make shit up to attribute to him. The old team was just better
period and Rex was nothing special as a DC prior to being named as such in
2005. You can make wishes all you want while clicking your red highheeled
pumps and that still won't change the truth about Ryan.

> So... You see... The Jets have a brutal time of it. Not just 16
> games here. Only The Bears and the Texans dont have any extra added
> reason to want to KO the "fuckin' Jets".

Big mouth Rex, his big mouth no ass players and Jester fans like yourself is
the added reason for kicking the crap out of the Jesters, ...nothing more
than that really.

Drew
`·.¸¸.·´¯)®åvÑsfån®(¯`·.¸¸.·´

Message has been deleted

Michael

Nov 12, 2010, 12:00:00 PM11/12/10
On Nov 12, 12:51 am, " `·.¸¸.·´¯\)@RåvÑsfån@\(¯`·.¸¸.·´"
<the.steroid.curt...@steelers.1970s.com> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > If you consider the "side stories", the Jet schedule is probably one
> > of the hardest that any team has to face.
>
> > 1. Ravens: Rex's old team. Unquestionably, the Ravens wanted to show
> > Rex and the Jets that they "had it" even without Rex.
>
> Rex is overrated as a HC by uninformed Jester fans like yourself Michelle,
> who will make shit up to attribute to him. The old team was just better
> period and Rex was nothing special as a DC prior to being named as such in
> 2005. You can make  wishes all you want while clicking your red highheeled
> pumps and that still won't change the truth about Ryan.

Yep... That is why the Jets defense went to the top of the NFL in his
first season while the Ravens defensive stats went down... AND KEEP
GOING DOWN. They are so solid they let the Falcons march down the
field and score on them at a game critical moment in less than a
minute.

> > So... You see...  The Jets have a brutal time of it.  Not just 16
> > games here.  Only The Bears and the Texans dont have any extra added
> > reason to want to KO the "fuckin' Jets".
>
> Big mouth Rex, his big mouth no ass players and Jester fans like yourself is
> the added reason for kicking the crap out of the Jesters, ...nothing more
> than that really.

Look for the convincing Jet victory over Cleveland. Look for the
Ravens to blow the rest of the season out of their asses. The Raven
defense is on Geritol. Really... They are living on the name Rex made
for them. Nothing more... That is all they have left.

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 12, 2010, 12:41:23 PM11/12/10
On Nov 11, 8:48 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Glenn, I luv ya, but watching the game, really isn't the same as playing it.
> Any slight bit of extra motivation, or emotion, can make the difference between you being
> the *hitter,* rather than the *hittee.*
> It's like the *playing shape* argument... if you haven't played, you'll never really know
> how real that concept is.- Hide quoted text -

I want my guys when they are running a play or going for a hit to be
under control. Getting emotional means you are not in control, your
emotions are. Tell me you never said something you shouldn't have when
you were pissed off. It's the same for an athlete, they do things they
shouldn't like tossing a guy off a pile for a 15 yard penalty.

Deadmeat

Nov 12, 2010, 1:22:23 PM11/12/10
On 11/12/2010 7:03 AM, buRford wrote:
> Can't be you... must be another Deadmeat... an impostor??

Well I only really bring it up for a while after Harlan starts whining
about it again. And he will again, believe me.

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 12, 2010, 2:17:35 PM11/12/10
No. Scott got emotional and lost it.

as far as emotion and sports go... no need
> to throw the baby out with the bath water... emotion is good.  loss if

> control is not.- Hide quoted text -
The two are not exclusive. Im not saying we want to see robots out
there but emotion has it's place and that is after a big play in the
form of celebration. Playing angry will work for some players but I'd
rather have a guy playing hard and under control making sound
decisions, not emotional ones.

papa.carl44

Nov 12, 2010, 3:41:54 PM11/12/10

"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Glenn, I"m not trying to be a SOB as you may think. But your perception
here is very incorrect. Emotion does not equal anger necessarily. Anger
refined and processed can become extreme focus with intention. The entire
process of the most physical contact sport, football, is building on the
relationships under extreme stress that one has with his team and how they
collectively direct that emotion. A well coached, superbly conditioned,
intelligent and professional athlete will not always perform well or at his
best without the intangibles of the collective emotion. That type of
emotion is unique to football too. Yes, it exists in other sports, but I do
not believe to the level it does in football. Football is a very different
sport in that it allows for and requires at the same time a very eclectic
group of individuals in terms of skill sets. Then this unique group has to
come together and emotion often becomes the glue that does that. I played
the game from junior high school till two years after college. I coached
the game for about 25 years. I always emphasized that you can not play
angry but must play emotionally and aggressively. The notion that you can
play this game because you have the skills and are being paid well is a very
bad idea and does not work. Even in high school coaching I found this to be
true. One of the finest young defenses I have ever seen looked and acted
like a group of brief case carrying scholars. They did not go crazy acting
on the field and through people off in that. They played with incredible
aggression and emotion though and I got to see them in the locker room, off
the field and away from school. They had a bond that was amazing and now
twenty years later are still a group who stay in touch with each other.
They were very diverse too, from LB corp that all went to very academic
schools and to a couple D linemen who came from difficult situtations and
did go on to play at much higher levels in the game...what that group did
was come together because of sharing emotion about one thing...football and
winning that game. Emotion is NOT the big play or the isolated incident.
Emotion is the ongoing and lasting relationship that creates a "team"....a
group of players who become part of each others psyche and actually feel
like they can react collectively. This is how I feel about it, experienced
it personally and as a participant observer. This is also why I react when
I hear people express a challenge to this notion.....and, I do not expect
others to understand it. Some can, but many can not. My wife amazed me
when after many years she came to completely understand it...when she saw
our son and a group of guys sitting in the kitchen the day after a game they
lost crying...college players who could share that kind of bond. This is
not the board room. I'm not writing to get you angry, only to make a point
and express what some others have been trying to say in regards to this
aspect of the game. Papa Carl

`�.��.���)@R�v�sf�n@(�`�.��.��

Nov 13, 2010, 11:05:40 PM11/13/10
On Nov 12, 12:51 am, " `�.��.���\)@R�v�sf�n@\(�`�.��.��"

<the.steroid.curt...@steelers.1970s.com> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > If you consider the "side stories", the Jet schedule is probably one
> > of the hardest that any team has to face.
>
> > 1. Ravens: Rex's old team. Unquestionably, the Ravens wanted to show
> > Rex and the Jets that they "had it" even without Rex.
>
> Rex is overrated as a HC by uninformed Jester fans like yourself Michelle,
> who will make shit up to attribute to him. The old team was just better
> period and Rex was nothing special as a DC prior to being named as such in
> 2005. You can make wishes all you want while clicking your red highheeled
> pumps and that still won't change the truth about Ryan.

Yep... That is why the Jets defense went to the top of the NFL in his
first season while the Ravens defensive stats went down...

The Jest under Ryan cut their teeth on mediocre teams and lost to better
teams which is why they failed to make the POs on their own merits and their
D appeared to be the best... statistically. Call it a "mirage" if you must
call it anything other than scheduling luck that had the Jest in a place
where at least we know for a fact that one of the two teams that took a nap
would have beaten your wannabes had they played them in the regular season.

> They are so solid they let the Falcons march down the
> field and score on them at a game critical moment in less than a
> minute.

You read newspapers don't you, ...or can you? If not be advised that White
admitted to offensive pass interference on his pushing the Ravens pass
defender down on his TD that won the game. The interference however was
observed by everyone watching the game with the exception of the referee 5
feet away running iwth both of them.

Ahhh... and the uncontrolled finger tip catch bobbled inbounds that got them
initially to their own 40 yard line on 3rd and 13, ...just another routine
referee fuck up in that less than a minute period. The Falcons were not
going to lose no matter how blatant the actions to guaranty the win would
appear. Stevie Wonder couldn't even believe that call.

> > So... You see... The Jets have a brutal time of it. Not just 16
> > games here. Only The Bears and the Texans dont have any extra added
> > reason to want to KO the "fuckin' Jets".
>
> Big mouth Rex, his big mouth no ass players and Jester fans like yourself
> is
> the added reason for kicking the crap out of the Jesters, ...nothing more
> than that really.

Look for the convincing Jet victory over Cleveland. Look for the
Ravens to blow the rest of the season out of their asses. The Raven
defense is on Geritol. Really... They are living on the name Rex made
for them. Nothing more... That is all they have left.

Right... you make an excellent asshat to cover Ryan's <---WIDE LOAD--->.
Ryan himself would love to take credit for the 2000 Ravens D on his Resume'
but he had little input and can't do so. You can make it up to give him but
that obviously means nothing to anyone but yourself. The Ravens D made Rex
look legit. More luck than the Jest themselves is needed for Rex Ryan to be
more than the shadow of his daddy and the HC the Ravens made him appear to
be before they dumped him as their own HC candidate.

Drew