O'Connell was hurt

John C TX

Sep 3, 2010, 10:48:15 AM9/3/10
Now is he a dumb ass for hiding this or do the jet's doc stink?

He could have been placed on IR as we are paying him anyway.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/09/starting_lineup_for_jets_fourt.html

Quarterback Kevin O'Connell, who was waived by the Jets Tuesday, found
out after being cut that he has a torn labrum in his throwing arm,
according to a person with direct knowledge of what O'Connell was told
in a follow-up exam.

That person requested anonymity because they are not authorized to
speak for O'Connell.

O'Connell sustained the injury during the preseason, the person said.
After being cut, he sought a second opinion on his right shoulder and
learned he has a torn labrum, an injury which requires surgery and
months of rehab.

The third-year player was shown being waived in Episode 4 of Hard
Knocks, told by general manager Mike Tannenbaum he had not progressed
as they had hoped to be the team's long-term No. 2. He would now be
due an injury settlement.

The Jets do not confirm injury information for players not on the
roster, a team spokesman said.

papa.carl44

Sep 3, 2010, 2:16:02 PM9/3/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

In training camp the med staff is way too loose I think, especially with non
"star" players....what I did like about Hard Knocks (even though I don't
like a lot of the stuff about what I see) is you see how the current
business situation keeps them from presenting the best game, team and
putting the best players on the field. I simply do not believe that one
guy, Revis, is so freakin important that they let the team aspects of the
game go for him. I also can not understand why Tannenbaum and Woody have so
freakin much to say about peformance of players...they should be listening
to coaches, not talking and then they can do their thing. I think it would
be a good thing for the league if Revis just sat for three years and that's
it. There will never be the level of play and quality of team if they keep
caving to a few superstars. Then...add two more games...you gotta be
kidding me, like they don't have enough injuries already.