You Have A Dangerous,Deadly,Punitive,Terrific Storm Coming! Be Safe!!

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Aug 27, 2011, 10:23:48 PM8/27/11
I have heard that a large monstrous, evil, killer storm coming your
way!

Please keep your family safe from this satanic category one
hurric.....huh???? A category fucking one???????? You have got to be
fucking kidding me!!!

Jebus H. Christ! We have category one "hurricanes" in Florida, only we
call them "light showers" or "Look Ma! It's sprinkling".

Sanchez probably got wetter swimming the Rio Grande to get here than
the entire city of New York will get!!!

I mean geez!!!! You peeps need to grow a set of balls! And your sissy
Mayor "I Paid For A Third Term" Bloomberg needs to quit scaring the
shit out of people!!!

My Mom passes more urine in a week than the rain this "hurricane" will
cause! (She loves to pee).

You all should be thankful for the cooling breeze and water for the
grass.

Now man up!!! Stop being wussies!

mr dude

Deadmeat

Aug 28, 2011, 4:20:43 PM8/28/11
This storm is responsible for several deaths. To bad you and your mom
weren't included.

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Aug 28, 2011, 8:53:01 PM8/28/11
On Aug 28, 4:20 pm, Deadmeat <no...@home.com> wrote:

A guy had a heart attack and died while swimming. That could have
happened anyways, storm or no storm.

mr dude

Deadmeat

Aug 29, 2011, 8:54:22 AM8/29/11
to mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Deadmeat

Aug 29, 2011, 8:55:12 AM8/29/11
On 8/28/2011 8:53 PM, mr du...@harvarduniversity.edu wrote:

Have someone read this to you fido.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/08/29/irene.aftermath/index.html?iref=BN1&hpt=hp_t1

Message has been deleted

Michael

Aug 29, 2011, 1:05:56 PM8/29/11
On Aug 29, 9:13 am, "JohnC\(TX\)" <johnctxjetss...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > This storm is responsible for several deaths. To bad you and your mom
> > weren't included.
>
> A guy had a heart attack and died while swimming. That could have
> happened anyways, storm or no storm.
>
> mr dude
>
> Dude, a little cold around the heart but I was thinking the same thing.  How
> many less accisents were there over the weekend because everyone was in
> their house?
>
> When I woke up & saw the same goofy reporters watching dripples of water
> coming over the East River & wondering if 400 years of deevlopment on
> Manhattan was going to be washed away I just shook my head.

i will be without power for about five days... no wind damage, but
flooding has caused major issues with utilities by me. river edge,
new milford and oradel have developed a new river system. that means
TV is out for a while. gotta listen to jets-giants on the radio
tonight...

Papa Carl

Aug 29, 2011, 3:27:36 PM8/29/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Some areas here in Central New Jersey are completely devastated. The
Delaware River is still rising. Ask the folks in Hightstown and Allentown
NJ how those "dripples" of water affected them. Entire communities have
been flooded to the extent they may be beyond repair. There was some damage
from falling trees, lots of that in the Princeton area, but incredible water
damage and flooding in lower areas. This was the real deal. It's a shame
some would look at it and try to minimize the pain others are going through.
The guys selling generators certainly made out well.

John C TX

Aug 29, 2011, 4:23:17 PM8/29/11
On Aug 29, 2:27 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Papa, you are making a leap there on what I wrote.

I was referring to the Dan Rather wannabes standing at the East River
and Hudson not the people truly affected. What they were saying was an
attempt at sensationalizing a non-event, i.e. the flooding of
Manhattan. If they did it to keep idiots in their house and that is
what is need then fine. I just find it silly when they are creating
news whether it is in Houston or NYC.

John C TX

Aug 29, 2011, 4:18:27 PM8/29/11

Glad you are OK. The power outage wears on you.

I hope you didn't get flooded & I hope you aren't a claims adjustor.

Papa Carl

Aug 29, 2011, 4:59:23 PM8/29/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I sort of get what you are saying...I personally thought I'd run a news show
with reporters safely inside of a large bus or news truck looking out on the
rain and use the slogan, "The News Team With Enough Brains to Come in Out of
the Rain ! " So I get that dramatic crap..but that is what sells, and it's
a competition between the various outlets. But...this storm became the main
event in the places you normally don't think of. The amount of water dropped
will no doubt set some records in areas that were already in trouble with
soggy ground. It is a HUGE mess around here, I'm really lucky because only
a few blocks away they are flooded out still. Look at Vermont...nobody
thinks of a tropical storm destroying a mountain state. I saw pictures of
Monmouth County and the last house we lived in...damn am I glad we sold that
and moved quite a few years ago. The entire town is under water. The facts
appear to be that over 7,000,000 people are without power, 35 are dead
including a kid who was killed when a limb crashed through his bedroom wall,
and the damage will cost 10 to 35 million dollars. A few months ago, there
was a huge snow storm in NYC...they city did not appear prepared and took a
ton of criticism and heat. What would have the case been if they had not
hyped this storm and people in high rise buildings could not be reached
because of flooding? You can't predict a storm or the weather that
closely...it could have been a lot worse. Gov. Christie is a conservative,
a Tea Party favorite, and he forced people off the Jersey shore...I applaud
him for that move because we have no way of knowing how many could have been
injured, stranded or killed if they had stayed in those numbers in some of
those areas. As it is apparently some idiots got electrecuted walking in
water with power lines down. If the authorities do not hype things
today...they would be selling parking spaces to go see the huge waves come
in.

Message has been deleted

Papa Carl

Aug 29, 2011, 9:28:36 PM8/29/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I don't blame a pol for overreacting within reason. I though the only
two things unreasonable was:

1. Bloomberg pretending he could speak Spanish. I am surprised that
every Spanish speaker did not drowned or get electrocuted. :)
2. I thought Obama's televised FEMA meeting was pedantic but he has
had some rough times so I can swallow it.

I didn't know the power outage was that great so my dribble comment
may deserve a knock on the head. I saw VT....ouch

I just came back from a trip to the Delaware River...less than two miles
from my house...Holy Shit....I was speechless...and it has not crested
yet...the entire River Road North of Washington's Crossing is closed in both
directions on the Jersey side....I have NEVER seen the River like this...it
is almost up to the high Washington's Crossing Bridge.

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Aug 29, 2011, 9:47:13 PM8/29/11
On Aug 29, 8:54 am, Deadmeat <no...@home.com> wrote:

> > mr dude
>
> Have someone read this to you, shit for brains:http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/08/29/irene.aftermath/index.html?iref=BN1&...

Many of you Northern Libtards have been claiming that global warming
will cause massive droughts!

You should be thankful for the rain!

mr dude (Jebus Christ there is no pleasing some people!)

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Aug 29, 2011, 9:55:04 PM8/29/11

John C TX

Aug 30, 2011, 9:27:30 AM8/30/11
On Aug 29, 8:28 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:dff73ebe-803d-4f7b...@s35g2000prm.googlegroups.com...

A combination of bad luck with weather & too much cement being poured
w/o thinking about where to put the water after the Bed Bath & Beyond,
Chilis etc. are built.

Michael

Aug 30, 2011, 10:18:59 AM8/30/11
> I hope you didn't get flooded & I hope you aren't a claims adjustor.- Hide quoted text -

We still have the power outage, but no floods on my block thank
goodness. I live on the top of a hill that is itself on a high
elevated area. The basin that is flooded is a short distance from my
house. A few people had to be rescued from the flood waters with
little boats. The problem for me is that I am on the same power grid
as the flood area. Last night I took my bicycle out for a ride and I
chatted up a few of the line crews that I saw working. Most of them
gave me the same estimate. The soonest I will have power is Thursday
of this week. My portable generator was all ready to go. I saved
everything in the fridge :-) The people that live in the middle of
the flooded areas probably wont have power until early next week.
Their houses are totally screwed. I have been in this area pretty
much all my life and have never seen anything like this. This stuff
happens along the mississippi, not Bergen County, NJ !!!

Here are a few links to articles that show what's going on right by
me.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/128565763_Irene_triggers_severe_flooding__power_outages_in_Bergenfield__Dumont_and_New_Milford.html

http://www.northjersey.com/news/bergen/128575793_116_000_customers_lose_power__restoration_could_take_a_week.html

Message has been deleted

IYM

Aug 30, 2011, 11:16:49 AM8/30/11
On 8/30/2011 10:55 AM, John C TX wrote:

>>> Glad you are OK. The power outage wears on you.
>>
>>> I hope you didn't get flooded& I hope you aren't a claims adjustor.- Hide quoted text -

>> We still have the power outage, but no floods on my block thank
>> goodness. I live on the top of a hill that is itself on a high
>> elevated area. The basin that is flooded is a short distance from my
>> house. A few people had to be rescued from the flood waters with
>> little boats. The problem for me is that I am on the same power grid
>> as the flood area. Last night I took my bicycle out for a ride and I
>> chatted up a few of the line crews that I saw working. Most of them
>> gave me the same estimate. The soonest I will have power is Thursday
>> of this week. My portable generator was all ready to go. I saved
>> everything in the fridge :-) The people that live in the middle of
>> the flooded areas probably wont have power until early next week.
>> Their houses are totally screwed. I have been in this area pretty
>> much all my life and have never seen anything like this. This stuff
>> happens along the mississippi, not Bergen County, NJ !!!
>>
>> Here are a few links to articles that show what's going on right by
>> me.
>>
>> http://www.northjersey.com/news/128565763_Irene_triggers_severe_flood...
>>
>> http://www.northjersey.com/news/bergen/128575793_116_000_customers_lo...
>
> Michael, turn that generator off for an hour day at least maybe even
> all night as a fridge if closed will stay cold. Those engines are not
> made to run continuously. We were powerless for 8 days after our last
> hurricane.

Just chiming in here on this subject...How long does it take to cool off
the fridge? My house out here on the Island fared well...Didn't lose
any services, but I'm watching my folks house about 8 miles away, and
they lost power Sun, 2am. They were supposed to come back from vacation
on Sunday, but flight canceled and they can't get home until next
Sunday. Anyway, I was hoping the power would have come back on by
yesterday, but I asked a neighbor of theirs and a appraiser had come
through and told them hopefully by next weekend. At that, I went over
and hooked up a generator to their fridge and deep freezer. I set the
fridge to max cold, but I can't stay there and keep filling the gas tank
up, so I started the generator and left. Prob ran a couple hours till
it ran out of gas. I'm going to have to keep doing this on my way home
from work every night...Hopefully it will be enough to keep it cool
until power comes back on or they come home and can take care of the
generator. I'm guessing the generator can run about 2 hours before it
runs out of gas. It's the best I can do.... :(

MZ

Aug 30, 2011, 11:47:57 AM8/30/11

The more stuff you have in the fridge, the longer it will take to
change the overall temperature -- up or down.

Best plan if you know a storm like this is coming: load the fridge
full of beer and crank it up on high until the power goes out.

Michael

Aug 30, 2011, 11:40:53 AM8/30/11
> >http://www.northjersey.com/news/128565763_Irene_triggers_severe_flood...
>
> >http://www.northjersey.com/news/bergen/128575793_116_000_customers_lo...
>
> Michael, turn that generator off for an hour day at least maybe even
> all night as a fridge if closed will stay cold.  Those engines are not
> made to run continuously. We were powerless for 8 days after our last
> hurricane.- Hide quoted text -

Thanx for the heads up :-) I am up to speed with portable generator
usage. I have a modern ohv 4000 watt that is perfect for running the
fridge. i never keep it running for more than a few hours at a time.
usually, it only takes the fridge two hours to chill way back down
again. Then I shut the generator off. once the stuff in the fridge
is cold, it stays that way for several hours. You only need to power
the fridge for about eight hours max a day total even if it is hot
out. the key is to make sure you turn your fridge controls the
coldest setting possible when you run it. since the fridge is the
only thing i power, five gallons of gas can last me about four to five
days. A power outage like that has only occured twice by me in the
past decade. for lights i just use some camping led lamps that are
very bright and run for 12 hours or so. if they need to be recharged,
i can hook them up to the generator when i power the fridge. the only
thing i dread is a power outage during heat wave. no way will my
portable run the ac unit. at least this time it has been nice and
cool out at night. along with the generator, i alwas keep plenty of
bottled water on hand. best to "rotate" your supply of water. so you
dont have any sitting around for too long.

Michael

Aug 30, 2011, 11:55:27 AM8/30/11
> >http://www.northjersey.com/news/128565763_Irene_triggers_severe_flood...
>
> >http://www.northjersey.com/news/bergen/128575793_116_000_customers_lo...
>
> Michael, turn that generator off for an hour day at least maybe even
> all night as a fridge if closed will stay cold.  Those engines are not
> made to run continuously. We were powerless for 8 days after our last
> hurricane.- Hide quoted text -

forgot to add... if you have one portable generator also... every
single time you use it, even for only a few hours, be sure to drain
the old oil and fill it back up with new stuff for the next time you
need it. even if the owners manual tells you that you only have to
change the oil after so many hours... those air cooled four stroke
engines do a number on oil.

Message has been deleted

IYM

Aug 30, 2011, 1:16:25 PM8/30/11
> You yankee amateurs kill me.
>
> :)

Hey, I've been through plenty - Not an amateur regarding going through
this, but I guess I am an amateur with dealing with someone else's house
who is not home that I have to take care of, while not actually being
there.. lmao

I'm used to being at the house in question and able to take care of
everything...I just asked how long it took to cool off a fridge and if
two hours running time every 24 hours would be good enough, esp since no
one is there opening the fridge at all...Hope it is. Will find out on
my way home from work when I check it out....Oh and unfortunately, since
my pop was going on vacation, he never stocked his fridge full of beer
before he left... :)

My real fear is someone stealing the generator... Wish I had an 8 mile
extension cord... :)

Papa Carl

Aug 30, 2011, 1:30:17 PM8/30/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Yup...way too much building around here...but mostly corporate headquarters
and office parks and such with nobody in them. I'm very close to what was
supposed to be Merrill Lynch's World Headquarters...a whole bunch of big
empty buildings now. So what do they do? Why not build another huge
corporate park behind the empty one? And then add two more hotels for the
people who aren't coming there. And then the obligatory fountain in the
"water feature" to accomodate the runoff which will always attract flocks of
Canada Geese. Lovely. I could walk to that or to Trenton and the
ghetto...so much great planning. That's if I could walk that far with this
knee that is flat out quitting now. I've finally gotten to bone on bone
after many years of doing things I thought were fun.

John C TX

Aug 30, 2011, 2:37:47 PM8/30/11

Good luck & resist the urge to open the door of the refrigerator &
Michael is right about changing the oil.

Deadmeat

Aug 30, 2011, 3:00:59 PM8/30/11
On 8/30/2011 11:55 AM, Michael wrote:
> [...]

I need a little help with a generator. I haven't started the one I have
in years. Can you give me advise on what I would need to do?
Please ignore the fact that you don't like me for this one thing. Thanks.

Michael

Aug 30, 2011, 3:08:18 PM8/30/11
> Michael is right about changing the oil.- Hide quoted text -

dont forget to change your underwear once in a while too :-)

Michael

Aug 30, 2011, 3:23:42 PM8/30/11
> Please ignore the fact that you don't like me for this one thing.  Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

i have no idea what type of generator you have, so i cant be of much
help. a lot of people dont bother, but i make sure that my generator
is well grounded. i have an eight foot brass grounding rod in the
earth where i set up the generator. also be sure to swap out the old
oil for new fresh oil. if you can get it started, let it warmp up and
stabilize first before you hook a load up to it. ten minutes is good
enough. never fill the tank while it is running. after you fill it
up, move your gas can back to your storage agrea before you start up
the generator.

JKConey

Aug 30, 2011, 3:33:21 PM8/30/11
"mr du...@harvarduniversity.edu" wrote in message

My Mom passes more urine in a week than the rain this "hurricane" will
cause! (She loves to pee).

You all should be thankful for the cooling breeze and water for the
grass.

Now man up!!! Stop being wussies!

mr dude

Still living with mom in that +55 community are ya? Comparing Florida
to NY is quite funny on your part. You live in such a macho state. LOL

-- JK Sinrod
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

Deadmeat

Aug 30, 2011, 4:42:05 PM8/30/11

It's just your standard generator. 6500 watts. I was just concerned if
I needed to add anything to the gas tank, besides gas to help with
getting it started after it's been sitting for such a long time.

Michael

Aug 30, 2011, 4:51:53 PM8/30/11
> getting it started after it's been sitting for such a long time.- Hide quoted text -

if it is a four stroke engine, you just use straight gas. if it is a
two stroke engine, you have to mix the gas with two stroke engine
oil. usual ratio for a small engine that would be on a portable two
stroke engine generator is between 30:1 and 40:1

again... i have no idea what type of generator you have...

MZ

Aug 30, 2011, 5:38:20 PM8/30/11
> You yankee amateurs kill me.
>
> :)
>
> You fill your coolers with beer and ice because opening the fridge
> lets the cold out. You sure as hell don't waste ice cooling the
> bottled water.

You southern simpletons! :)

Beer = ice. If you fill your fridge with beer and cool it, it'll act
like if you filled your fridge with ice. Which works for a while.
About 900 years ago they had these things called "ice boxes" ...
motorless refridgerators. Ralph Cramden referred to them frequently,
in between bouts with domestic abuse.

Michael

Aug 30, 2011, 7:14:40 PM8/30/11
> in between bouts with domestic abuse.- Hide quoted text -

the ice box is right up there with glow in the dark wall paper.
carbon neutral !

Papa Carl

Aug 30, 2011, 7:49:24 PM8/30/11

"MZ" <for...@mdz.no-ip.org> wrote in message

You southern simpletons! :)

I can still remembe the red wooden ice box that was out on the back porch
when I was a little kid...lined with metal and lots of insulation, very
thick door etc. And...back in the late 40's the ice man still came around
and some of those were still in use.

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Aug 30, 2011, 10:45:34 PM8/30/11
On Aug 30, 7:49 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:

> I can still remembe the red wooden ice box that was out on the back porch
> when I was a little kid...lined with metal and lots of insulation, very
> thick door etc.  And...back in the late 40's the ice man still came around
> and some of those were still in use.

Please tell us about the Civil War Papa!!!

Was Lincoln really tall?

Do you still own a musket??

mr dude (loves history)

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Aug 30, 2011, 10:51:13 PM8/30/11
On Aug 28, 4:20 pm, Deadmeat <no...@home.com> wrote:

> > mr dude
>

> This storm is responsible for several deaths.  To bad you and your mom
> weren't included.

Latest reports have the death toll of 34 people, Far less than a bus
crash!

If a bus crashed during clear weather and killed 40 people would they
blame the deaths on "sunshine and clear weather"??

You can see the obvious bias in the reporting of "sensational news"
can't you?

mr dude (unless you are masturbating to Angelina Jolie in "Hackers"
and can't leave the basement)

John C TX

Aug 31, 2011, 8:50:15 AM8/31/11

I have never denied that moniker but south of Fordham road.

> Beer = ice.  If you fill your fridge with beer and cool it, it'll act
> like if you filled your fridge with ice.  Which works for a while.
> About 900 years ago they had these things called "ice boxes" ...
> motorless refridgerators.  Ralph Cramden referred to them frequently,
> in between bouts with domestic abuse.

I agree what Trixie used to do to Ralph's confidence was just
shocking.

:)

IYM

Aug 31, 2011, 11:06:04 AM8/31/11
Trixie? Ed Norton's wife? She never could get the best of
Ralph...Now Ralph's wife Alice could shut him down with a look.. :)
Message has been deleted

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Sep 1, 2011, 8:07:53 PM9/1/11
On Aug 29, 3:27 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Some areas here in Central New Jersey are completely devastated.

A lawn chair being tipped over by a wind gust is not "devastation".

mr dude