Not all Sanchez.

Still Roper

Oct 3, 2011, 3:33:47 PM10/3/11
He did have that deer in the headlights look but he had NO fukn time
back there. I'd be rattled too with the thugs the Ravens have.
And why is he directly behind center doing 5 to 7 foot drop backs when
the line couldn't hold a sunfish?

RävNsfän ®

Oct 3, 2011, 4:01:22 PM10/3/11
"Still Roper" <mark_edw...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
: He did have that deer in the headlights look but he had NO fukn time
: back there. I'd be rattled too with the thugs the Ravens have.
: And why is he directly behind center doing 5 to 7 foot drop backs when
: the line couldn't hold a sunfish?

To get away from the thugs silly, ... adult attention deficit ? Your Jets
would never be observed on the field throwing punches out of frustration.
Mean ole' Ratbirds.
--
~Drew

"Talk is cheap ...lets just play"
Johnny Unitas - Baltimore Colts

oldn...@mindspring.com

Oct 3, 2011, 4:02:37 PM10/3/11
Did you see the fumble lost off the shotgun snap?

That's what happens when you have a novice center going against an all-pro NT doing long snaps. They couldn't even get the regular snaps right.

One thing that wasn't on Sanchez was the ref's interesting view of the laws of physics. The "fumble" Johnson ran back for a TD was ruled a fumble because Sanchez's arm wasn't going forward -- yet somehow the ball went a good five yards forward propelled by that hand-and-arm that didn't go forward.

I'll be looking for the NFL's Department of Physical Sciences to explain that one.

Take that away and the score was only Sanchez -14, Flacco -7 & Ravens Special Teams -7, so things might have been less bad.

JKConey

Oct 3, 2011, 4:46:22 PM10/3/11
"Still Roper" wrote in message
> [...]
No, not all, but a good chunk of it. He's shown poor accuracy way too
many times when he does have the time.

-- JK Sinrod
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

Message has been deleted

Must Be The Air In New York

Oct 3, 2011, 6:32:39 PM10/3/11
In article <20729843.4048.1317672158017.JavaMail.geo-discussion-
forums@yqlb4>

oldn...@mindspring.com wrote:

> On Monday, October 3, 2011 3:33:47 PM UTC-4, Still Roper wrote:
> > He did have that deer in the headlights look but he had NO fukn time
> > back there. I'd be rattled too with the thugs the Ravens have.
> > And why is he directly behind center doing 5 to 7 foot drop backs when
> > the line couldn't hold a sunfish?
>
> Did you see the fumble lost off the shotgun snap?
>
> That's what happens when you have a novice center going against an all-pro NT doing long snaps. They couldn't even get the regular snaps right.
>
> One thing that wasn't on Sanchez was the ref's interesting view of the laws of physics. The "fumble" Johnson ran back for a TD was ruled a fumble because Sanchez's arm wasn't going forward -- yet somehow the ball went a good five yards forward propelled by that hand-and-arm that didn't go forward.
>
> I'll be looking for the NFL's Department of Physical Sciences to explain that one.

A defender slapping the arm of the quarterback and propelling
the ball in a forward motion doesn't count as forward motion,
dip stick.

Papa Carl

Oct 3, 2011, 8:42:03 PM10/3/11

"Still Roper" <mark_edw...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
Can not agree more...but he is still not able to make a good
decision...BUT....not on him yesterday. That entire team on O is horrendous
and so is the scheme.

Papa Carl

Oct 3, 2011, 8:44:47 PM10/3/11

<oldn...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
On Monday, October 3, 2011 3:33:47 PM UTC-4, Still Roper wrote:
> He did have that deer in the headlights look but he had NO fukn time
> back there. I'd be rattled too with the thugs the Ravens have.
> And why is he directly behind center doing 5 to 7 foot drop backs when
> the line couldn't hold a sunfish?

Did you see the fumble lost off the shotgun snap?

That's what happens when you have a novice center going against an all-pro
NT doing long snaps. They couldn't even get the regular snaps right.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WRONG...looked at it several times....that ball was TO Sanchez...not the
center's fault at all...totally on Sanchez and the rest of the team knew the
snap count, the QB didn't.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One thing that wasn't on Sanchez was the ref's interesting view of the laws
of physics. The "fumble" Johnson ran back for a TD was ruled a fumble
because Sanchez's arm wasn't going forward -- yet somehow the ball went a
good five yards forward propelled by that hand-and-arm that didn't go
forward.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You are absolutely right...his hand had started forward....the refs blew
several calls all day yesterday...stold the game from the Giants too
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Papa Carl

Oct 3, 2011, 8:46:22 PM10/3/11

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
> I don't care who the QB is - - if ya get blindsided & crushed on the 1st
> play of the game,
> after having your nose-broken, the week before... after having your
> throwing-arm mangled
> the week before that... and after showing some signs of a concussion, the
> week before that
> - - he's gonna be spooked.
> That he's a kid (not even 25 yet), with an incompetent OC preparing him,
> doesn't help.

They better find a new backup QB fast....or they will not have any at all in
a couple of weeks...it IS that bad.

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Oct 3, 2011, 11:44:16 PM10/3/11
In article <urnk87hvtiufjmcks...@4ax.com>,
buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Despite Rex's bluster, ya know he wants to win. So, it'll be interesting to
> see if the O
> looks exactly the same in the Pats game. Or whether they'll go back to
> basics, cut out
> the nonsense (simplify), and let the players do what they do best.
>
> We'll miss Cotch this week. He always played well against the Pats.

If Mangold does not start and play well and if they do not find a
replacement for Hunter, this OL will not allow anyone to run or pass.

The issue is not Shonn or LT. No running back runs without holes.

While it is clear our WR core has been downgraded with the loss of
Braylon and the injury to Cumberland, the defense problems, Cromartie's
erratic play and Eric Smith's one trick pony approach to safety and the
lack of a passrush make the defense unable to stop teams as our D the
past two years.

Going to be a long season of Jet fans suffering or finding better ways
to spend their time.

eric

Oct 4, 2011, 10:26:53 AM10/4/11
On Oct 3, 11:44 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article <urnk87hvtiufjmckslsv1u7t6qoov15...@4ax.com>,
>

>  buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 20:46:22 -0400, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > >"buRford" <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
Yes, the Jets offense has regressed a lot this year. OLine and WR
especially. And with a young QB you gotta have a good OLine. If this
keeps up Sanchez is going to get battle fatigue.

Jets are not looking like a playoff team right now, but with the weak
schedule they might sneak in for a rematch with the Ravens. That would
be fun.

Papa Carl

Oct 4, 2011, 7:26:42 PM10/4/11

"eric" <wart...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Can you imagine being hospitalized with PTSD from playing QB for the Jets?

cc...@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2011, 9:09:35 PM10/6/11
On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 19:26:42 -0400, "Papa Carl" <papa...@verizon.net>
wrote:

It can happen; just ask Boomer Esiason.

Papa Carl

Oct 7, 2011, 12:17:37 AM10/7/11

<cc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I mentioned that in another post...that happened on one of Richie Kotite's
experiments....wasn't it Bruce Smith that put him in la la land?