a few thoughts & a question.

John C TX

Nov 28, 2011, 9:18:32 AM11/28/11
Why is Cromartie out their for ST's? I heard that Leonhard was gassed
then how about McKnight? Kerley needs to get healthy.

The running game looked healthier but it was Buffalo. They only hit
Sanchez once (no sacks) so either Buffalo is even worse which makes
hid poor performance even more worrisome. I was only half joking
about his cap # savings if cut but if we need the money & someone is
out there they must be thinking about it. I saw this Thurs. which is
little comfort.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/11/politi_jets_mark_sanchez_may_n.html#incart_mce

Can the OC call audibles or does the mike get turned off at some point?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Nov 28, 2011, 12:37:14 PM11/28/11
In article
<0d9f7302-ee9e-40e8...@u10g2000prl.googlegroups.com>,
John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> or does the mike get turned off at some point

Yes it does. For some reasons, 20 seconds seems like close.

John C TX

Nov 28, 2011, 12:45:41 PM11/28/11
> Yes it does. For some reasons, 20 seconds seems like close.

Thanks H, I thought of you when I saw the pecan pie lovers waiting in
line outside of Goode company last week. I hate it but heard they
sell 80,000 Thanksgiving week between the restaurants & online.

I hope you had a good holiday.

Papa Carl

Nov 28, 2011, 2:13:16 PM11/28/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Sanchez' first quarter was horrendous...second half bad...gets better later
on...he can not play a whole game and still makes decisions a third year QB
should not be making. The Bills gave them that game...Stevie boy handed it
to them gift wrapped. They beat a team with gifts given that they had
already beaten and that is in decline...not big feat at all.

Papa Carl

Nov 28, 2011, 2:16:20 PM11/28/11

> >Why is Cromartie out their for ST's? I heard that Leonhard was gassed
> >then how about McKnight? Kerley needs to get healthy.
>
> It may be Westhoff's time to mosey on. STs have been, at best,
> inconsistent this season.
> I guess the thinking on McKnight, is that he recently muffed a punt.
> I never liked Cro on punts. He tends to vapor-lock, when things move too
> fast for him.
>

> >The running game looked healthier but it was Buffalo. They only hit
> >Sanchez once (no sacks) so either Buffalo is even worse which makes
> >hid poor performance even more worrisome. I was only half joking
> >about his cap # savings if cut but if we need the money & someone is
> >out there they must be thinking about it. I saw this Thurs. which is
> >little comfort.
>
> >http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/11/politi_jets_mark_sanchez_may...
>
> >Can the OC call audibles or does the mike get turned off at some point?
>
> I don't think an OC on the sidelines, has the view of the D, to make
> decisions on the fly.
> Even if he did, it would be crazy for a QB, to hear an audible, while at
> the same time
> reading the D, & changing the play.

I am not saying it is preferred I was just curious if the microphone
gets cut off when the huddle breaks. What triggered it was the
audibles & the other part is can the OC say, "you have so & so open to
your left" ir "you are about to get drilled from behind RUN."

>Lastly, to me, Sanchez is at his best when deviating
> from the set play, & improvising. Watch him during that last TD pass to
> Holmes.
> He looked like a polished, calm, QB... rolling, directing Holmes, &
> throwing a perfect
> pass. You didn't see hesitancy, lack of confidence, over-thinking, etc...
> he just
> reacted, & performed perfectly.

You want a QB that can cause damage when the play breaks up & Sanchez
can do that. He moves well & has a sense of the pressure but
surprisingly that is when he doesn't make errors. I bet if you went
through his picks this year most were unforced & that is what is most
frustrating.

> Sanchez will probably never be great, but his problem is the offense he's
> given to run,
> which doesn't suit his skills. We've all noticed that Schott tends to be
> too-cute, often
> over-thinking a play. That's what he's instilled in Sanchez, while Sanchez
> needs less
> thinking, & more freedom to react... loosen the leash.
> The problem with Sanchez is that he's too laid-back, & hasn't demanded
> more freedom.
> I'd like to see him get pissed already, & grab the offense.

B, our time would probably be better served discussing the budget
issues in front of Congress as we probably would agree on more of
those issues than the offense. In fact I know we would.

:)

Having said that here goes.

:)

Many complain about the offense & I still get back to execution &
mistakes & that is why I think schott should move on. They are still
going on & you can't fire 11 players. What always mitigates my
criticism is Sanchez throwing bad passes, forcing the ball when he
doesn't have to & not seeing the field. I was reading how there may
be communication issues with Sanchez & Homes. Crap, twice in he Red
Zone he threw behind Holmes when Holmes was open & continued his
route. There are guys open. Sanchez isn't seeing them & he isn't
getting it to them.

As for the cute stuff & over thinking, I personally like the motion &
think they should use more. In this group I am in the minority. As
for letting him off the leash. I think Rex would find you & bitte
your toes off if he heard you say that.

Think about this. Sanchez doesn't throw the pick, & even if he didn't
throw so many incomplete passes, that game is a cakewalk. We get on
track & he takes us off track so play calling, namely running the
ball, has to take a back seat to scoring not a go ahead TD but a game
tying one.

As always I could be wrong but maybe the tape Rex is seeing is
validating the decision on Schott.

Right now I'm accepting to forget about the design of the offense. Why?
Because Vince L. could not design an offense that would win with the level
of execution being shown here now. So...who is responsible for a lot of
things that almost always go back to coaching? The coaches of course.
There is no discipline on offense....and it seems to be getting worse. The
QB has no recogniton anymore...it's time for the O staff to move on. If
they replace them with good people and they get better, problem solved, if
they are the same...too bad...the players can't play.

MZ

Nov 28, 2011, 3:45:52 PM11/28/11
On Nov 28, 12:37 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <0d9f7302-ee9e-40e8-abdb-8762afef7...@u10g2000prl.googlegroups.com>,
>  John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > or does the mike get turned off at some point
>
> Yes it does. For some reasons, 20 seconds seems like close.

I'm pretty sure it's 15 seconds, by rule. Whether this is implemented
correctly is another story.

yoyodog

Nov 28, 2011, 4:15:27 PM11/28/11

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message
I thought it was 12 seconds.

John C TX

Nov 28, 2011, 6:26:32 PM11/28/11
I could go on an on with that one & Johnny but that would not be in
the spirit of the holidays.

Thanks

Johnny Morongo

Nov 28, 2011, 8:38:46 PM11/28/11
On 11/28/2011 3:26 PM, John C TX wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2:45 pm, MZ<for...@mdz.no-ip.org> wrote:
>> On Nov 28, 12:37 pm, Harlan Lachman<har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In article
>>> <0d9f7302-ee9e-40e8-abdb-8762afef7...@u10g2000prl.googlegroups.com>,

>>> Yes it does. For some reasons, 20 seconds seems like close.

>> I'm pretty sure it's 15 seconds, by rule. Whether this is implemented
>> correctly is another story.
>

> I could go on an on with that one& Johnny but that would not be in
> the spirit of the holidays.

Hum Bug!