Jets-Pats round two game thoughts...

Michael

Dec 7, 2010, 12:04:05 AM12/7/10
Easy enough to write off a total destruction as a bad day... Better
than losing a close one in OT. Jets got out done in every aspect of
the game but it was more of a fluke kind of game than a real ass
kicking. Last year, the Pats beat the Jets in their second meeting
and the Jets still went to the AFC champ game while the Pats got wiped
out by the Ravens. Two major issues here to worry about but nothing
we did not already know. Lack of guys who can rush the passer and
poor game planning and play calling on offense. Rex is using
defensive scheme to try to make up for a lack of pass rushers but it
wont work against brady or manning with just the smoke and mirrors.
The Jets need a bona fied pass rush. Their defensive issues are pure
manpower issues. The Jets have good LB's and CB's but are weak on the
line with pass rushing. They get no pressue up the gut or from the
edge. I dont blame the DB's. They are being asked to hold up an
entire pass defense. Also... The Jets offense is like a boat with a
hole in it. No matter how good your rowers are, the boat is going to
sink. They never have a good offensive game plan and the play calling
never shows intelligent flow. Schotty is the hole...

Ray O'Hara

Dec 7, 2010, 12:07:36 AM12/7/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

no it wasn't a fluke.
it was a good old fashioned ass-kicking rout.
as they say "give BB two weeks and he can scheme to stop Attila the Hun".

John Vamp

Dec 7, 2010, 12:11:44 AM12/7/10

Last two times the Jets have played in Foxboro, the Pats have won
twice by a combined 76-17 score.

Very hard to fathom.

Michael

Dec 7, 2010, 12:21:10 AM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 12:07 am, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> as they say "give BB two weeks and he can scheme to stop Attila the Hun".- Hide quoted text -

ray... even weatherford screwed up... the jets did not have their
day... the jets played well below their quality... it happens... the
pats offense could not do shit against the jets in the first game.
the jets beat the browns... the browns beat the pats... the jets are
not as bad as that score was nor are the pats that good... it was not
a fluke that the pats won, but the lopsided score is not telling.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Copp

Dec 7, 2010, 1:17:12 AM12/7/10
In article <60f50eb4-ba01-4644...@e20g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>

Michael <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Easy enough to write off a total destruction as a bad day... Better
> than losing a close one in OT. Jets got out done in every aspect of
> the game but it was more of a fluke kind of game than a real ass
> kicking.

No, it was a real ass-kicking. Nobody is going to stop the Pats
offense unless they have some injuries because they have too
many threats. The Jets basically have one TE, 2 athletic but
sometimes stone-handed receivers, and a decent running back,
and a QB who is limited in the types of plays he can make.
Pats have 2 TE's that can catch passes, at least two slot
receivers on every play (either Welker/Woodhead or Welker/Branch
depending on what Branch does) and at least one deep route
(either Branch or Taylor, sometimes both) and two running
backs with different styles (Lawfirm and Woodhead). Plus
Brady.

Jets offense is good enough against most teams but when
they get way behind they can't do that much in the passing game.

Next week Cutler will be able to pass at will against the Pats D
because the Pats have no pass rush, but the Pats will still
be able to score, so it will be whoever maintains possession
most, like most of the Pats games this season.

Beiselbub©

Dec 7, 2010, 2:03:41 AM12/7/10
On Dec 6, 10:04 pm, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Easy enough to write off a total destruction as a bad day... Better
> than losing a close one in OT.  Jets got out done in every aspect of
> the game but it was more of a fluke kind of game than a real ass
> kicking.

Just when I think I comprehend the magnitude of your idiocy, you prove
me wrong. You prove that, as long as you are still breathing, there
will always be a level of idiocy above "Michael" on a scale named in
your honor.

RickyBobby

Dec 7, 2010, 2:05:00 AM12/7/10

"Michael" wrote in message

Easy enough to write off a total destruction as a bad day... Better

It was a tale of two quarterbacks just like it was before the game was
played. The Jets have a lousy quarterback and they will always have a lousy
result until they get a better quarterback or the quarterback they have gets
a lot better.

The Jets have a lousy quarterback and talking about the CB or LB is just a
waste of your time.

Pull your head out of the stats sheets and admit that the Jets have a lousy
quarterback just like they always do and will lose just like they always
lose.

If the Jets had drafted Tom Brady they would have won about ten more Super
Bowls by now.

RickyBobby

Dec 7, 2010, 2:09:07 AM12/7/10

"buRford" wrote in message

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 21:04:05 -0800 (PST), Michael <mjd...@verizon.net>
wrote:

Yup.
The only thing I'd add is the issues at safety.
Also, I think with the amount of draft picks we've traded, we're really
feeling the two
tragic D picks... Gholston & Wilson.
But, to me, even with the holes on D, if we'd actually start scoring points
in the first
quarter, & put teams in holes, then the D as it is, can be effective.
But with the lack of coherent offensive thought, the D is exposed.

Bur,

Having a lousy quarterback makes everything else unimportant.

RickyBobby

Dec 7, 2010, 2:10:11 AM12/7/10

"BeiselbubŠ" wrote in message

Who put you in charge of idiocy? I thought that was my department.

John Vamp

Dec 7, 2010, 6:48:26 AM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 1:05 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Not for you  ;)

Yes, even for me. The Jets are a very good team. A 76-17 combined
score is just hard to believe. But there it is.

The good news for the Jets is that this only counts as one loss.

Message has been deleted

Ray O'Hara

Dec 7, 2010, 9:44:09 AM12/7/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

the first meeting was in week two. the Pats have been getting better, those
rookies on defense have talent now they are getting settled and getting some
experience. they'll keep getting better.
I don't doubt the Jets will bounce back vs the Fish. Rex if he's any kind of
coach should burn the tapes and speak no more about the game.
so who is your new punter going to be?
and the kicking game in general for the Jets sucks, that Folk is terrible
too.

Michael

Dec 7, 2010, 9:48:07 AM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 9:29 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yup.
> > The only thing I'd add is the issues at safety.
> > Also, I think with the amount of draft picks we've traded, we're really feeling the two
> > tragic D picks... Gholston & Wilson.
> > But, to me, even with the holes on D, if we'd actually start scoring points in the first
> > quarter, & put teams in holes, then the D as it is, can be effective.
> > But with the lack of coherent offensive thought, the D is exposed.
>
> Wilson is not a waste, yet.  It is tough defense to play as a veteran
> never mind a rookie. He spent the pre-season working as a CB not
> nickel so give him some time.
>
> buRF, only you, OK & maybe Michael, would look at dropped passes for
> first down, incomplete passes by the QB when receivers were open on
> 1st down, forced passes by the QB that lead to 3 unforced int's and
> horrible decisions by the head coach & attribute that to play calling.
>
> Sanchez has a limited script because he tries to do too much when
> nothing is there.  Rex' failure to manage the game early on lead to
> this ass kicking & meltdown.
>
> I said last year that a team & its coach aren't measured by how they
> deal with success but how they cope when the wheels come off the
> wagon.  We will find out.- Hide quoted text -

john... interesting that you are putting the blame squarely on rex for
game management... i have to think about this one...

Michael

Dec 7, 2010, 9:53:28 AM12/7/10
> ===========================================================================­=====

> the first meeting was in week two. the Pats have been getting better, those
> rookies on defense have talent now they are getting settled and getting some
> experience. they'll keep getting better.
> I don't doubt the Jets will bounce back vs the Fish. Rex if he's any kind of
> coach should burn the tapes and speak no more about the game.
> so who is your new punter  going to be?
> and the kicking game in general for the Jets sucks, that Folk is terrible
> too.- Hide quoted text -

watching tapes will help, but not cure the problems... with no
interior pass rush at all, the qb has an easy time working the center
of the field especially if the linebackers come up to work the "A"
gaps against the run and the safties are not good in pass coverage.
the pats have the ideal offense to beat the jets defense.

eric

Dec 7, 2010, 10:03:09 AM12/7/10

The Jets have not shown a lot of quality this season. OT against the
Lions. Needing a last second PI penalty to beat a terrible Denver
team. Overall this season only one win against a team with a winning
record, and that was in week 2.

What was telling was the Jets have been sloppy for quite a few games
this year. You might be able to beat a 6-6 team playing this way, but
vs. the Patriots in Foxboro with conference home field advantage on
the line, not a chance.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Michael

Dec 7, 2010, 10:59:18 AM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 10:37 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> It counts as one loss, but being whooped & laying an egg, like last night, that's
> damaging... especially, as far as the players' confidence that the coaches are putting
> them in a position to win.

an ass kicking like that was probably a good thing at this point. take
the past few weeks... they were making all sorts of silly mistakes,
not being productive on offense until panic time and so on... if the
had to lose the pats game, that was the way to do it. if they take it
like a man, they have a real chance to improve on the stuff that was
being swept under the carpet... i dont think that will be the case
though as schotty cant grow a football brain over night and the lets d-
line wont turn into the sack-exchange. the best hope for
entertainment is that rex keeps up the bravado and the team keeps
scrapping away best they can :-) next year's draft has lots of good
pass rushers

Message has been deleted

eric

Dec 7, 2010, 11:08:13 AM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 10:37 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> It counts as one loss, but being whooped & laying an egg, like last night, that's
> damaging... especially, as far as the players' confidence that the coaches are putting
> them in a position to win.
> Good team, very good... nope.
> Too many holes on D, for us... and while the talent on O is up there, they're given no
> coherent plan to execute.
> As I mentioned in another thread, even though we were getting whooped, the Pats O is a
> pleasure to watch.  And it's an O that was kinda thrown together (or taken out of
> mothballs), after the season started.  There's such purpose to the design, whereas in my
> view, the Jets have better talent at RB & WR, and they're thrown onto the field, with no
> plan... just a mishmash of plays, run with no particular thought or purpose, with relation
> to their strengths, the opposing D, or the particular situation.

The difference in quarterbacks between the Jets and Patriots is
IMMENSE. I also don't think Holmes and Edwards are better than Welker
and Branch, and the Patriots TE's are clearly superior too.

Michael

Dec 7, 2010, 11:10:19 AM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 11:03 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> A briliant move by BB... aAfter their first game, they changed the entire O philosophy.- Hide quoted text -

moss leaving probably had a lot to do with activating a new offense...

eric

Dec 7, 2010, 11:11:50 AM12/7/10

Watch out then... the Patriots have 8 picks in the first four rounds
of next year's draft.

Michael

Dec 7, 2010, 11:12:40 AM12/7/10
> and Branch, and the Patriots TE's are clearly superior too.- Hide quoted text -

the pats offensive system is superior, not their players... with
schotty as an oc, it makes it easy to have an offense that is superior
to the jets...

Michael

Dec 7, 2010, 11:21:33 AM12/7/10
> of next year's draft.- Hide quoted text -

then they better hope the cap is removed ;-)

Harlan Lachman

Dec 7, 2010, 11:31:25 AM12/7/10
In article <jbjrf6l577c3qlbjd...@4ax.com>,
buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 21:04:05 -0800 (PST), Michael <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> >Easy enough to write off a total destruction as a bad day... Better
> >than losing a close one in OT. Jets got out done in every aspect of
> >the game but it was more of a fluke kind of game than a real ass
> >kicking. Last year, the Pats beat the Jets in their second meeting
> >and the Jets still went to the AFC champ game while the Pats got wiped
> >out by the Ravens. Two major issues here to worry about but nothing
> >we did not already know. Lack of guys who can rush the passer and
> >poor game planning and play calling on offense. Rex is using
> >defensive scheme to try to make up for a lack of pass rushers but it
> >wont work against brady or manning with just the smoke and mirrors.
> >The Jets need a bona fied pass rush. Their defensive issues are pure
> >manpower issues. The Jets have good LB's and CB's but are weak on the
> >line with pass rushing. They get no pressue up the gut or from the
> >edge. I dont blame the DB's. They are being asked to hold up an
> >entire pass defense. Also... The Jets offense is like a boat with a
> >hole in it. No matter how good your rowers are, the boat is going to
> >sink. They never have a good offensive game plan and the play calling
> >never shows intelligent flow. Schotty is the hole...
>

> Yup.
> The only thing I'd add is the issues at safety.
> Also, I think with the amount of draft picks we've traded, we're really
> feeling the two
> tragic D picks... Gholston & Wilson.
> But, to me, even with the holes on D, if we'd actually start scoring points
> in the first
> quarter, & put teams in holes, then the D as it is, can be effective.
> But with the lack of coherent offensive thought, the D is exposed.

While Gholston can be considered tragic and stupid, Wilson needs another
year of failure before this is fair.

harlan

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Dec 7, 2010, 11:32:15 AM12/7/10
In article
<d8cf7246-7ccc-4161...@z20g2000pra.googlegroups.com>,
Michael <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote:

Why? Is he not the Head Coach? Have I missed something?

Harlan

Harlan Lachman

Dec 7, 2010, 11:35:41 AM12/7/10
In article <idlh7q$7qo$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

Ray, just like I think the Jets were not fixing their problems because
they won, I think you are overestimating the Pats here.

They did lose to the Browns. They have had some close games they got
some breaks.

While I think this game ensures that the Pats don't have to worry about
the Jets this year and next, a good defense might be able the knock the
Pats down.

harlan

Harlan Lachman

Dec 7, 2010, 11:38:22 AM12/7/10
In article
<d42e86bc-f155-45e8...@l32g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
John Vamp <jvamp...@gmail.com> wrote:

John, if Rex was not saying the same thing, I might agree.

Given Rex denial, I doubt this team uses this ass kicking to fix what is
broke.

The Pats have home field advantage and they almost never lose at home.
Unless they end up losing to the Steelers or Ravens, we be done because
otherwise the AFC championship runs through Foxboro.

harlan

Michael

Dec 7, 2010, 11:49:58 AM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 11:32 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

> You really are full of yourself. I look forwrad to seeing the reason
> why. As always,  ignore the facts & blame the other guys
> comprehension.
>
> If Sanchez, Edwards & Ryan had not screwed up in the first half they
> would moved the ball.  In the 2nd half when they had a chance to get
> the game under control Sanchez throws 3 picks all unforced.

John... Sanchez came out looking like he needed a "snuggie". He had
a bad game... The whole team had a bad game. Still Schotty has been
having bad games since he showed up. Every single time, you point to
individual mistakes... different ones all the time... to explain away
a consistent problem. Yo dont need me to detail the list of *Schotty
Folly* again. The guy sucks badly. I am hopeful that he'll be gone
next year and that the Jets will improve their d-line. Until then, I
can enjoy Rex's bravado and appreciate what he can do with a defense
minus one line and minus any safeties.

> > >Sanchez has a limited script because he tries to do too much when
> > >nothing is there.  Rex' failure to manage the game early on lead to
> > >this ass kicking & meltdown.

Who is in charge of teaching a young QB what to do and what not to
do ??? He is being badly coached. We have seen first hand that he has
the skill set. Even the commentators are touching the political third
rail now and saying things about the jets play calling issues

Husky

Dec 7, 2010, 11:59:07 AM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 10:47 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Actually, as everything you say, that aint true.
> Brady is great, but with the Jets management over the years, and the OCs we've had, Brady
> would not have reached the level he has, in the Pats' system.  As good as Brady is,
> remember how well Cassel performed... in the system.
> Put Sanchez in that system, with those coaches, and he's a different player.
> (See Woodhead).

Cassell is performing pretty well in KC.

MuahMan

Dec 7, 2010, 1:27:01 PM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 10:37 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> It counts as one loss, but being whooped & laying an egg, like last night, that's
> damaging... especially, as far as the players' confidence that the coaches are putting
> them in a position to win.
> Good team, very good... nope.
> Too many holes on D, for us... and while the talent on O is up there, they're given no

STFU you whiny cunt. What talent on O? You have NO talent. You have
Holmes. Everyone else is shit. LT is washed up. The receivers have
stone hands. Keller is your TE, and a below average OL, and possibly
the worst QB in the NFL. Wake the fuck up.

MuahMan

Dec 7, 2010, 1:31:15 PM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 11:35 am, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article <idlh7q$7q...@news.eternal-september.org>,

You mean like the Steelers or Ravens defense?

LOL

John C TX

Dec 7, 2010, 2:02:20 PM12/7/10
Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Dec 7, 11:32 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>
> > You really are full of yourself. I look forwrad to seeing the reason
> > why. As always,  ignore the facts & blame the other guys
> > comprehension.
>
> > If Sanchez, Edwards & Ryan had not screwed up in the first half they
> > would moved the ball.  In the 2nd half when they had a chance to get
> > the game under control Sanchez throws 3 picks all unforced.
>
> John... Sanchez came out looking like he needed a "snuggie".   He had
> a bad game... The whole team had a bad game.

It wasn't Sanchez first bad game but in fairness to him his receivers
have had more.

>Still Schotty has been
> having bad games since he showed up.  Every single time, you point to
> individual mistakes... different ones all the time... to explain away
> a consistent problem.

& every time you & buRf ignore player's errors. If players drop balls
or don't make plays it isn't the play calling.

>Yo dont need me to detail the list of *Schotty
> Folly* again. The guy sucks badly.  I am hopeful that he'll be gone
> next year and that the Jets will improve their d-line.  Until then, I
> can enjoy Rex's bravado and appreciate what he can do with a defense
> minus one line and minus any safeties.

You were hopeful Faneca would be gone how's that working out? You did
see who couldn't move the pile on that QB sneak that Rex foolishly
challenged?

Like I have said100 times I have no idea how good a coach he is but
that messes with your mantra. I wouldn't have hired him

> Who is in charge of teaching a young QB what to do and what not to
> do ??? He is being badly coached.  We have seen first hand that he has
> the skill set.  Even the commentators are touching the political third
> rail now and saying things about the jets play calling issues

How the F would you know? How would you know a good teaching coach
from and one. Have you talked to him?

Sanchez has improved. He is making less mistakes & had less bad games
than last year. Maybe he ordered Rosetta Stone?

Ray O'Hara

Dec 7, 2010, 2:21:29 PM12/7/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

The Jets Ratbird and the Squeelers were all rated as top NFF Ds as is SD and
the Pats won all of them.
the Browns was an off game, they were flat. but it has been the young D of
the Pats that was the issue.
but they have talent and now they are gaining experience.
the Pats record this year is a suprise, I think BB was really aiming at next
year and beyond with this crew.

its a funny year, there is no dominant team. even the Pats, Falcons , and
Jets with their gaudy records stike me as weaker than other years best
teams.
but as it goes, you don't have to be the best pizza in the universe, just
the best on the block

Michael

Dec 7, 2010, 3:40:48 PM12/7/10

slauson has shown constant improvment... faneca would not have done
better. he's been blown appart regulary with the cards. the entire
jet line got bested including moore... even mangold played to a stand
off where he usually gets the better of the dirty slob in the center
of the pats d-line

> Like I have said100 times I have no idea how good  a coach he is but
> that messes with your mantra. I wouldn't have hired him

> > Who is in charge of teaching a young QB what to do and what not to
> > do ??? He is being badly coached.  We have seen first hand that he has
> > the skill set.  Even the commentators are touching the political third
> > rail now and saying things about the jets play calling issues
>
> How the F would you know?  How would you know a good teaching coach
> from and one.  Have you talked to him?

im taking a jolly good guess... thats how... so there !

> Sanchez has improved.  He is making less mistakes & had less bad games
> than last year. Maybe he ordered Rosetta Stone?

he needs to get a snuggie now to go along with rosetta stone...he
looked like a sanchez pop. not every west coast college boy can play
in the cold right away like o'brien did. may be train him up in a
meat locker or somthing.

Michael

Dec 7, 2010, 3:46:16 PM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 2:21 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

> > In article <idlh7q$7q...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> >> ===========================================================================­===
> the best on the block- Hide quoted text -

this year's superbowl reps from the NFC and AFC will have gotten there
by means of a favorable match up.
the jets can probably beat the steelers and ravens but not the pats.
the pats can be taken out of the playoffs by another team to spare the
jets. this year is all about styles and match-ups. i think the jets
can beat any team in the AFC other than the pats. I think the Bills
can beat the Pats. not kidding.

Grinch

Dec 7, 2010, 4:49:23 PM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 9:29 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 21:04:05 -0800 (PST), Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
> > >Easy enough to write off a total destruction as a bad day... Better
> > >than losing a close one in OT.  Jets got out done in every aspect of
> > >the game but it was more of a fluke kind of game than a real ass
> > >kicking.  Last year, the Pats beat the Jets in their second meeting
> > >and the Jets still went to the AFC champ game while the Pats got wiped
> > >out by the Ravens.  Two major issues here to worry about but nothing
> > >we did not already know.  Lack of guys who can rush the passer and
> > >poor game planning and play calling on offense.  Rex is using
> > >defensive scheme to try to make up for a lack of pass rushers but it
> > >wont work against brady or manning with just the smoke and mirrors.
> > >The Jets need a bona fied pass rush.  Their defensive issues are pure
> > >manpower issues.  The Jets have good LB's and CB's but are weak on the
> > >line with pass rushing.  They get no pressue up the gut or from the
> > >edge.  I dont blame the DB's. They are being asked to hold up an
> > >entire pass defense. Also... The Jets offense is like a boat with a
> > >hole in it.  No matter how good your rowers are, the boat is going to
> > >sink.  They never have a good offensive game plan and the play calling
> > >never shows intelligent flow.  Schotty is the hole...
>
> > Yup.
> > The only thing I'd add is the issues at safety.
> > Also, I think with the amount of draft picks we've traded, we're really feeling the two
> > tragic D picks... Gholston & Wilson.
> > But, to me, even with the holes on D, if we'd actually start scoring points in the first
> > quarter, & put teams in holes, then the D as it is, can be effective.
> > But with the lack of coherent offensive thought, the D is exposed.
>
> Wilson is not a waste, yet.  It is tough defense to play as a veteran
> never mind a rookie. He spent the pre-season working as a CB not
> nickel so give him some time.
>
> buRF, only you, OK & maybe Michael, would look at dropped passes for
> first down, incomplete passes by the QB when receivers were open on
> 1st down, forced passes by the QB that lead to 3 unforced int's and
> horrible decisions by the head coach & attribute that to play calling.
>
> Sanchez has a limited script because he tries to do too much when
> nothing is there.

True. He did that last year and he's done it visibly in the last two
games now.

But let's admit another fact -- he's limited by his limited ability.

He may grow into one of the league's best QBs in the future, but
today, as we are trying to "win now", he's one of the league-bottom
QBs -- 25th by passing rating and 29th completion pct.

Here's a revelation to some: having a league-bottom QB hurts the
offense. There are people here still flailing around to find some
reason why an offense so "loaded with talent" is underperforming in
their minds, but who haven't yet hit upon this profound insight. They
will, though, sooner or later. Or maybe not -- it's possible to row
up de nile river for long time. :-)

> Rex' failure to manage the game early on lead to
> this ass kicking & meltdown.
>

> I said last year that a team & its coach aren't measured by how they
> deal with success but how they cope when the wheels come off the

> wagon.  We will find out.- Hide quoted text -

Yup. The Super Bowl Jets were humiliated by the otherwise 0-13 Bills,
but did all right in the end.

One game does not a season make.

Grinch

Dec 7, 2010, 5:12:43 PM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 11:32 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >buRF, only you, OK & maybe Michael, would look at dropped passes for
> > >first down, incomplete passes by the QB when receivers were open on
> > >1st down, forced passes by the QB that lead to 3 unforced int's and
> > >horrible decisions by the head coach & attribute that to play calling.
>
> > No.  Only you would think I would be saying that, because you just get stuck in your
> > limited way of comprehending what others say.

> HERE is what you wrote:
>
> "But with the lack of coherent offensive thought, the D is exposed. "

The "best defense in the league" gives up 6 TDs and a field goal in
nine possessions.

It was Schott's fault!

> You really are full of yourself. I look forwrad to seeing the reason
> why. As always,  ignore the facts & blame the other guys
> comprehension.
>
> If Sanchez, Edwards & Ryan had not screwed up in the first half they
> would moved the ball.  In the 2nd half when they had a chance to get
> the game under control Sanchez throws 3 picks all unforced.

<snip>

> > >I said last year that a team & its coach aren't measured by how they
> > >deal with success but how they cope when the wheels come off the
> > >wagon.  We will find out.
>

> > Thing is, the wheels didn't come off.
>
> So how would you describe Dunkirk? Would a day at the beach work?

:-)

> You are right that the opposition was better but bad execution by the
> offense & bad coaching made it worse.- Hide quoted text -

Grinch

Dec 7, 2010, 5:26:25 PM12/7/10

The Pats have the best offense in the league, by a lot.

If that was just their "system", not their players, every team in the
league would be copying it and be just as good. Right?

Brady v Sanchez alone gives the Pats a more talented offense. You are
wrong about the other poistions too, a team doesn't have the #1
offense in the league without pretty good players.

>... with schotty as an oc, it makes it easy to have an offense that is superior
> to the jets...

Does it make it easy to have an offense that's superior to 30 others
in the league not coached by Schott? :-)

You guys are twisting yourself into pretzels to blame everything you
can imagine on Schott.

Not only is he to blame for everything wrong on the Jets, he's also to
blame for the Pats having the best O in the league, because he's not
coaching them! :-)

Grinch

Dec 7, 2010, 5:32:15 PM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 9:48 am, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:

> On Dec 7, 9:29 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > But with the lack of coherent offensive thought, the D is exposed.
>
> > Wilson is not a waste, yet.  It is tough defense to play as a veteran
> > never mind a rookie. He spent the pre-season working as a CB not
> > nickel so give him some time.
>
> > buRF, only you, OK & maybe Michael, would look at dropped passes for
> > first down, incomplete passes by the QB when receivers were open on
> > 1st down, forced passes by the QB that lead to 3 unforced int's and
> > horrible decisions by the head coach & attribute that to play calling.
>
> > Sanchez has a limited script because he tries to do too much when
> > nothing is there.  Rex' failure to manage the game early on lead to

> > this ass kicking & meltdown.
>
> > I said last year that a team & its coach aren't measured by how they
> > deal with success but how they cope when the wheels come off the
> > wagon.  We will find out.- Hide quoted text -

> john... interesting that you are putting the blame squarely on rex for
> game management... i have to think about this one...- Hide quoted text -

A HC being responsible for a HC's responsibilities ... yeah, there's a
thought. :-)

Grinch

Dec 7, 2010, 5:36:13 PM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 9:44 am, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> On Dec 7, 12:07 am, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > > Easy enough to write off a total destruction as a bad day... Better
> > > than losing a close one in OT. Jets got out done in every aspect of
> > > the game but it was more of a fluke kind of game than a real ass
> > > kicking. Last year, the Pats beat the Jets in their second meeting
> > > and the Jets still went to the AFC champ game while the Pats got wiped
> > > out by the Ravens. Two major issues here to worry about but nothing
> > > we did not already know. Lack of guys who can rush the passer and
> > > poor game planning and play calling on offense. Rex is using
> > > defensive scheme to try to make up for a lack of pass rushers but it
> > > wont work against brady or manning with just the smoke and mirrors.
> > > The Jets need a bona fied pass rush. Their defensive issues are pure
> > > manpower issues. The Jets have good LB's and CB's but are weak on the
> > > line with pass rushing. They get no pressue up the gut or from the
> > > edge. I dont blame the DB's. They are being asked to hold up an
> > > entire pass defense. Also... The Jets offense is like a boat with a
> > > hole in it. No matter how good your rowers are, the boat is going to
> > > sink. They never have a good offensive game plan and the play calling
> > > never shows intelligent flow. Schotty is the hole...
>
> > no it wasn't a fluke.
> > it was a good old fashioned ass-kicking rout.
> > as they say "give BB two weeks and he can scheme to stop Attila the Hun".-

> ray... even weatherford screwed up... the jets did not have their
> day... the jets played well below their quality... it happens... the
> pats offense could not do shit against the jets in the first game.
> the jets beat the browns... the browns beat the pats... the jets are
> not as bad as that score was nor are the pats that good... it was not
> a fluke that the pats won, but the lopsided score is not telling
>
> ===========================================================================­=====
>
> the first meeting was in week two. the Pats have been getting better, those
> rookies on defense have talent now they are getting settled and getting some
> experience. they'll keep getting better.
> I don't doubt the Jets will bounce back vs the Fish. Rex if he's any kind of
> coach should burn the tapes and speak no more about the game.

Rex was asked after the game if he'd do that. He said:

"This is a copycat league. Every team we play from now on is going to
use everything that worked tonight against us. We're going to be
pouring over those tapes."

> so who is your new punter  going to be?
> and the kicking game in general for the Jets sucks, that Folk is terrible

> too.- Hide quoted text -

Grinch

Dec 7, 2010, 5:50:43 PM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 11:49 am, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Dec 7, 11:32 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>
> > You really are full of yourself. I look forwrad to seeing the reason
> > why. As always,  ignore the facts & blame the other guys
> > comprehension.
>
> > If Sanchez, Edwards & Ryan had not screwed up in the first half they
> > would moved the ball.  In the 2nd half when they had a chance to get
> > the game under control Sanchez throws 3 picks all unforced.
>
> John... Sanchez came out looking like he needed a "snuggie".   He had
> a bad game... The whole team had a bad game.  Still Schotty has been
> having bad games since he showed up.  Every single time, you point to
> individual mistakes... different ones all the time... to explain away
> a consistent problem.  Yo dont need me to detail the list of *Schotty
> Folly* again. The guy sucks badly.  I am hopeful that he'll be gone
> next year and that the Jets will improve their d-line.  Until then, I
> can enjoy Rex's bravado and appreciate what he can do with a defense
> minus one line and minus any safeties.

> Who is in charge of teaching a young QB what to do and what not to
> do ???

Who is in charge of learning?

papa.carl44

Dec 7, 2010, 6:18:45 PM12/7/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Easy enough to write off a total destruction as a bad day... Better
> than losing a close one in OT. Jets got out done in every aspect of
> the game but it was more of a fluke kind of game than a real ass
> kicking. Last year, the Pats beat the Jets in their second meeting
> and the Jets still went to the AFC champ game while the Pats got wiped
> out by the Ravens. Two major issues here to worry about but nothing
> we did not already know. Lack of guys who can rush the passer and
> poor game planning and play calling on offense. Rex is using
> defensive scheme to try to make up for a lack of pass rushers but it
> wont work against brady or manning with just the smoke and mirrors.
> The Jets need a bona fied pass rush. Their defensive issues are pure
> manpower issues. The Jets have good LB's and CB's but are weak on the
> line with pass rushing. They get no pressue up the gut or from the
> edge. I dont blame the DB's. They are being asked to hold up an
> entire pass defense. Also... The Jets offense is like a boat with a
> hole in it. No matter how good your rowers are, the boat is going to
> sink. They never have a good offensive game plan and the play calling
> never shows intelligent flow. Schotty is the hole...

Michael...the Pats ran the ball at will...and they passed at will...that was
an ass kicking.

Michael

Dec 7, 2010, 8:43:13 PM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 6:18 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> an ass kicking.- Hide quoted text -

what game were you watching ??? the jets almost pulled it out in the
end... the pats got lucky.

papa.carl44

Dec 7, 2010, 9:11:47 PM12/7/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Hey...stop with the whacky weed :-) I'm not even going to get into the
incredibly stupid decisions made on offense. It blows my mind that some
can't see what you and a few others have been saying for quite some time.
It does not even resemble any other successful team's approach...none of
them....but it does look like a real shoe box offense, no rhythm or rhyme to
it.

JetsLife

Dec 7, 2010, 9:47:57 PM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 12:07 am, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > Easy enough to write off a total destruction as a bad day... Better
> > than losing a close one in OT.  Jets got out done in every aspect of
> > the game but it was more of a fluke kind of game than a real ass
> > kicking.  Last year, the Pats beat the Jets in their second meeting
> > and the Jets still went to the AFC champ game while the Pats got wiped
> > out by the Ravens.  Two major issues here to worry about but nothing
> > we did not already know.  Lack of guys who can rush the passer and
> > poor game planning and play calling on offense.  Rex is using
> > defensive scheme to try to make up for a lack of pass rushers but it
> > wont work against brady or manning with just the smoke and mirrors.
> > The Jets need a bona fied pass rush.  Their defensive issues are pure
> > manpower issues.  The Jets have good LB's and CB's but are weak on the
> > line with pass rushing.  They get no pressue up the gut or from the
> > edge.  I dont blame the DB's. They are being asked to hold up an
> > entire pass defense. Also... The Jets offense is like a boat with a
> > hole in it.  No matter how good your rowers are, the boat is going to
> > sink.  They never have a good offensive game plan and the play calling
> > never shows intelligent flow.  Schotty is the hole...
>
> no it wasn't a fluke.
> it was a good old fashioned ass-kicking rout.
> as they say "give BB two weeks and he can scheme to stop Attila the Hun".- Hide quoted text -

I agree. It wasn't a fluke. The Pats offense, in particular,
annhiliated the Jets defense.

I think the loss of Leonhard is devastating to the Jets pass defense
and thus the defense overall.

JetsLife

Dec 7, 2010, 9:51:02 PM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 2:05 am, "RickyBobby" <nasca...@cox.net> wrote:
> "Michael"  wrote in message

> Easy enough to write off a total destruction as a bad day... Better
> than losing a close one in OT.  Jets got out done in every aspect of
> the game but it was more of a fluke kind of game than a real ass
> kicking.  Last year, the Pats beat the Jets in their second meeting
> and the Jets still went to the AFC champ game while the Pats got wiped
> out by the Ravens.  Two major issues here to worry about but nothing
> we did not already know.  Lack of guys who can rush the passer and
> poor game planning and play calling on offense.  Rex is using
> defensive scheme to try to make up for a lack of pass rushers but it
> wont work against brady or manning with just the smoke and mirrors.
> The Jets need a bona fied pass rush.  Their defensive issues are pure
> manpower issues.  The Jets have good LB's and CB's but are weak on the
> line with pass rushing.  They get no pressue up the gut or from the
> edge.  I dont blame the DB's. They are being asked to hold up an
> entire pass defense. Also... The Jets offense is like a boat with a
> hole in it.  No matter how good your rowers are, the boat is going to
> sink.  They never have a good offensive game plan and the play calling
> never shows intelligent flow.  Schotty is the hole...
>
> It was a tale of two quarterbacks just like it was before the game was
> played.  The Jets have a lousy quarterback and they will always have a lousy
> result until they get a better quarterback or the quarterback they have gets
> a lot better.
>
> The Jets have a lousy quarterback and talking about the CB or LB is just a
> waste of your time.
>
> Pull your head out of the stats sheets and admit that the Jets have a lousy
> quarterback just like they always do and will lose just like they always
> lose.
>
> If the Jets had drafted Tom Brady they would have won about ten more Super
> Bowls by now.

Umm, the Pats haven't won a real Super Bowl* yet.

Jets have one, Pats have zero.

The Pats have asterisk bowls, no Super Bowls. ;-)

*Garnered while cheating?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted