3 Reasons Why This Team Did Not Deserve Victory

1 view

Harlan Lachman

Dec 26, 2010, 6:00:35 PM12/26/10
1) Why the coach (whoever is responsible) uses LT as anything other than
a third down back is a waste of Personnel. Shonn Greene was running
again. When he was not on the bench, which was most of the time. Its
like playing a game with one hand tied behind one's back.

2) Brain dead coaching strategy: Why Kick off to the Bears when the
strategy was working? Why, down four points with 6 minutes to go and 4th
and 6th inside the other team's 40, would anyone with a brain not take
an extra chance for a win (especially since the team will need a TD and
maybe two scores if the other team scores)? Why run a punt fake with
Sanchez on the field (is the idea to give away the call?

3) A failure to execute in the clutch: Keller's TD drop and Smith's fake
punt drop, and Holmes' pussy drop, and guys falling over themselves on
the field.

Burf said earlier, and I agreed, that a win would mean no SOJ. Frankly,
this team's leadership is so stupid and the players so not clutch that
they don't deserve SOJ status. Neither are good enough to be worth
rooting for; they certainly do not not merit disappointment. The only
disappointment is the time wasted by morons watching this crappy team. I
guess the old age is really kicking in.

harlan

Message has been deleted

cd

Dec 26, 2010, 7:16:01 PM12/26/10

The lack of clutch or consistency speaks to the new order. Say what
you will, Mangini absent a solid OC and the reach for Favre, is a
better coach. So we go from solid contributor to the sexy pick, I
mean look at the additions.

1. Trade for Holmes. I was turned off to it, after reading somewhere
that Holmes has more drops than Edwards, and Edwards constatnly gets
ripped for it. I wish the trade was for Peppers.
2. Woodhead and Leon for Joe McKnight. Not that I believe that
woodhead would have ever gotten a chance, but a coach that picked an
undersized guy to lead his secondary, at a very physical position and
paid all the praise in pre-season releases him only to help the
enemy. At least Belichick thinks Ryan is a good talent evaluator.
3. Feely. I still don't understand it. Let's see if it works out.
4. Revis. I'm in the minority here, but I would've traded Revis for a
young pass rusher or chance to draft one. That much money for a
player, when opposing QB's have an eternity to pick apart everyone
else in the secondary.
5. This really gets me. I think Scott really hasn't been as good as
Lewis, even at his age. I think Scott is way overrated and makes
noise with penalties.

papa.carl44

Dec 26, 2010, 7:16:42 PM12/26/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

What really gets to me is not the players as much as coaching...the stuff
that happens is to me, a sign of coaching....sloppy play by guys in clutch
situations...you HAVE to make that TD catch....it wins the freakin
game....Rex has to be too easy, they like him way too much and they are not
crisp or sharp....compare this attitude to a Tuna or BB team...or any other
coach with some discipline. Rex guesses WAY too much, and I'd love to know
how much practice time they put into these gadget plays and fakes.

papa.carl44

Dec 26, 2010, 7:17:42 PM12/26/10

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

> On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 18:00:35 -0500, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com>
> wrote:
>
>>1) Why the coach (whoever is responsible) uses LT as anything other than
>>a third down back is a waste of Personnel. Shonn Greene was running
>>again. When he was not on the bench, which was most of the time. Its
>>like playing a game with one hand tied behind one's back.
>
> Shonn had 2 touches in the 4th quarter... nuf said.

HORRENDOUS decision....I wonder what a Greene, Woodhead tandem would have
been like at this point in the season....no, we have McLost on the team.

>>2) Brain dead coaching strategy: Why Kick off to the Bears when the
>>strategy was working? Why, down four points with 6 minutes to go and 4th
>>and 6th inside the other team's 40, would anyone with a brain not take
>>an extra chance for a win (especially since the team will need a TD and
>>maybe two scores if the other team scores)? Why run a punt fake with
>>Sanchez on the field (is the idea to give away the call?
>

> As bad a call as it was, it worked... Smith just dropped it.

Harlan Lachman

Dec 26, 2010, 9:57:59 PM12/26/10
In article
<e56ca4d0-f882-46d2...@c39g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>,
cd <cd...@verizon.net> wrote:

> 4. Revis. I'm in the minority here, but I would've traded Revis for a
> young pass rusher or chance to draft one. That much money for a
> player, when opposing QB's have an eternity to pick apart everyone
> else in the secondary.

When he hold out again after next season ensures he gets this two years
at 16 million per, you are going to look prescient.

Ray O'Hara

Dec 26, 2010, 10:16:27 PM12/26/10

"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote in message

> "buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 18:00:35 -0500, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>1) Why the coach (whoever is responsible) uses LT as anything other than
>>>a third down back is a waste of Personnel. Shonn Greene was running
>>>again. When he was not on the bench, which was most of the time. Its
>>>like playing a game with one hand tied behind one's back.
>>
>> Shonn had 2 touches in the 4th quarter... nuf said.
>
> HORRENDOUS decision....I wonder what a Greene, Woodhead tandem would have
> been like at this point in the season....no, we have McLost on the team.

Woodhead would never have gotten a chance on the Jets.
you had Sconn and LT.
or on most teams, he's small and most teams hate little guys
BB isn't a sizist.
but have Kevin Faulk go down was probably his big break.
the kid can play he just needed the break to show it.
needless to say he's becoming a folk hero up here.

Message has been deleted

JKConey

Dec 26, 2010, 11:00:50 PM12/26/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

I have to agree. Condemn the leadership of this team.

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

papa.carl44

Dec 26, 2010, 11:26:40 PM12/26/10

"graybeard" <gray...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Not surprising. He was a folk hero among Jets fans as well. I think
> everyone appreciates an over-achiever, especially if he's a hell of a
> good guy as well. If he were now contributing to a team in another
> division, we would be cheering at his success instead of crying in our
> beer.
> --
> graybeard

My only point was he actually did something....he showed he had some degree
of talent....they DID keep a third RB on the team, McKnight, and he is
useless. Not only would Woodhead have been a better RB available to use, but
he could help in other areas if asked too....McKnight does little of
anything.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Dec 27, 2010, 12:02:03 AM12/27/10

> But Papa, haven't you heard? McKnight is going to be our next all-world
> CB! By next year at this time you will be reading about McKnight Island!
> --
> graybeard

LOL....oh yeah, and Gholston is going to an amazing O lineman too I'll
bet...Rex's inability to be wrong will kill him eventually, it definitely
caused problems for his Dad.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Dec 27, 2010, 9:30:39 AM12/27/10

> On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 00:02:03 -0500 "papa.carl44"

> <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:
>

>>"graybeard" <gray...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

>>> But Papa, haven't you heard? McKnight is going to be our next all-world
>>> CB! By next year at this time you will be reading about McKnight Island!
>>> --
>>> graybeard
>>
>>LOL....oh yeah, and Gholston is going to an amazing O lineman too I'll
>>bet...
>
> Blocking tight end. We don't have enough of those on the roster.
> --
> graybeard

Boy that really builds confidence in a young QB...add some more TE's who
can't catch a cold.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Tutor

Dec 27, 2010, 1:04:26 PM12/27/10
On Dec 26, 7:16 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> how much practice time they put into these gadget plays and fakes.- Hide quoted text -

Rex is way too lax in his weekly management of the team and the
results on the field reflect this. TYhey are an undisciplined bunch.
10 men on the field for the Hester TD and the same for the goal line
stand a while back is just inexcusable. The inability or in
Cromartie's case, unwillingness, to tackle or hit hard. On offense,
the inordinate number of drops by Keller, Holmes, and not as much but
still some by Edwards. And for personel mistakes, the stubborn
insistence Rex has for keeping LT out there instead of Greene. All it
takes is for him to tell Schott, "I want Greene out there". He
doesn't do it. Still proving to the world he was right about signing
LT. Houston, we have a massive ego problem on the leadership of this
team, from Rex, to Schott to Tannenbaum.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Dec 27, 2010, 7:34:43 PM12/27/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >One of those was on Holmes not the TE.
>>
>> I wasn't referring to the Bears game specifically, but to a season long
>> tendency. Again, issues that show a lack of discipline.
>

> It drives me nuts.

I see NO way that isn't about coaching...period !

papa.carl44

Dec 27, 2010, 7:38:14 PM12/27/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I don't think that is a fair one to blame Ryan. Cromartie has never
tackled and we knew that before we got him. I don't understand why
some players are like that but it happens. It is why will some hoop
players who are great athletes play no defense.

>On offense,
> the inordinate number of drops by Keller, Holmes, and not as much but
> still some by Edwards. And for personel mistakes, the stubborn
> insistence Rex has for keeping LT out there instead of Greene. All it
> takes is for him to tell Schott, "I want Greene out there". He
> doesn't do it.

I am not sure the answer to this. We are getting more sets with both
of them in there which is good. The last two series we had to pass &
maybe Greene isn't as good as LT in picking up the blitz. I did see
Greene whiff on one. They both had two carries in the 4th Q.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets

>Still proving to the world he was right about signing
> LT. Houston, we have a massive ego problem on the leadership of this
> team, from Rex, to Schott to Tannenbaum.

Ryan is the best coach we have had since Parcells. He is a huge
improvement over the two idiots prior so although disappointed I knwo
there are worse situations.

OMHO...Rex did not need corners who could tackle...he needed shut down
corners...he gambled that Jenkins would be a full season terror...and he
guessed wrong about what Pace and a couple others would or could do...then
he got outcoached....BB and some others took the two corners out of the
game...Leonhard, a serious hitter, went down....it unraveled on him...his
true measure will be to see what he does about it at the end of the
season...he has who he has now...how will he change is a good question.

Harlan Lachman

Dec 28, 2010, 11:24:12 PM12/28/10
In article <9uadnaOci-DrrITQ...@giganews.com>,
"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:

Yes!

papa.carl44

Dec 29, 2010, 12:57:10 PM12/29/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

Harlan, If I recall, people started to figure out the 46 defense too.....ANY
defense has a weakness to it...and when it gets overused it fizzles out
eventually...Rex's charm wore out quickly....he wound up doing a smoke and
mirrors deal. I think this is going to be VERY interesting...let's see how
valued corners will be if the League moves away from all these super
WR's...and goes back to more run, and an inside passing game....you simply
can not put that kind of guy (Revis types) on the inside...they get hammered
on all the run stuff.

JetsLife

Dec 29, 2010, 3:28:40 PM12/29/10
On Dec 26, 7:16 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:

Right and Keller hasn't been damn clutch for most of this season. Like
he hasn't had a damn good year overall: 55 catches, 687 yards, 12.5
average, 5 TDs