Bills-Fitz

Michael

Sep 20, 2011, 2:33:12 PM9/20/11

IYM

Sep 20, 2011, 3:14:40 PM9/20/11
On 9/20/2011 2:33 PM, Michael wrote:
> http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Buffalo-Bills-have-franchise-QB-in-Ryan-Fitzpatrick-Schein-Nine-092111
>
> I REALLY want to see what the Bills do vs. The Pats...

As a Bills fan, I do as well - We'll see how he does against a top tier
team and Brady. Beating up the pathetic Chiefs and squeaking by a
mediocre team in the Raiders does prove anything to me... Beat up Brady
and the Pats in a convincing manner will raise my eyebrows and get a
"hmmm" out of me. My hopes have been crushed more times from that team
then I care to mention. They seem to always find a way to lose in the
end....The last was when they went 6-0 a few years ago to start the
season and then ate a big chit-choke sandwich and missed the playoffs....

Michael

Sep 20, 2011, 3:34:46 PM9/20/11
On Sep 20, 3:14 pm, IYM <"S U N risr"@optonline.net> wrote:
> On 9/20/2011 2:33 PM, Michael wrote:
>
> >http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Buffalo-Bills-have-franchise-QB-in...
>
> > I REALLY want to see what the Bills do vs. The Pats...
>
> As a Bills fan, I do as well - We'll see how he does against a top tier
> team and Brady.  Beating up the pathetic Chiefs and squeaking by a
> mediocre team in the Raiders does prove anything to me... Beat up Brady
> and the Pats in a convincing manner will raise my eyebrows and get a
> "hmmm" out of me.  My hopes have been crushed more times from that team
> then I care to mention.  They seem to always find a way to lose in the
> end....The last was when they went 6-0 a few years ago to start the
> season and then ate a big chit-choke sandwich and missed the playoffs....

If they make a good go of it vs. the Pats this week, they will start
getting some attention.
Message has been deleted

Michael

Sep 20, 2011, 4:08:01 PM9/20/11
On Sep 20, 3:37 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 15:14:40 -0400, IYM <"S U N risr"@optonline.net> wrote:
>
> >On 9/20/2011 2:33 PM, Michael wrote:
> >>http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Buffalo-Bills-have-franchise-QB-in...
>
> >> I REALLY want to see what the Bills do vs. The Pats...
>
> >As a Bills fan, I do as well - We'll see how he does against a top tier
> >team and Brady.  Beating up the pathetic Chiefs and squeaking by a
> >mediocre team in the Raiders does prove anything to me... Beat up Brady
> >and the Pats in a convincing manner will raise my eyebrows and get a
> >"hmmm" out of me.  My hopes have been crushed more times from that team
> >then I care to mention.  They seem to always find a way to lose in the
> >end....The last was when they went 6-0 a few years ago to start the
> >season and then ate a big chit-choke sandwich and missed the playoffs....
>
> I've always like FitzPatrick, seemed to have good instincts, & a toughness needed at QB.
> Being from Harvard probably hurt him... the geek factor & all.
>
> I'm more interested in seeing how the Jets play against them ;)

I think the Jets will give the Bills a harder time than the Pats. The
Bills will have a hard time putting points up on the Jets. Pats vs
Bills will probably be a shootout. The Jets defense will probably win
the game vs. the Bills.

MZ

Sep 20, 2011, 4:29:05 PM9/20/11
I think the Pats are helped by the fact that special teams play seems
to be somewhat less important this year than in previous years.
That's a major blow dealt to the Bills.

MBD

Sep 20, 2011, 5:59:24 PM9/20/11
MZ <for...@mdz.no-ip.org> wrote in
The Bills will get their points. And if Sanchize keeps turning the ball
over, it doesn't help matters any.

> I think the Pats are helped by the fact that special teams play seems
> to be somewhat less important this year than in previous years.
> That's a major blow dealt to the Bills.

How do you figure?

MBD

MBD

JKConey

Sep 20, 2011, 10:21:22 PM9/20/11
"Michael" wrote in message

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Buffalo-Bills-have-franchise-QB-in-Ryan-Fitzpatrick-Schein-Nine-092111

I REALLY want to see what the Bills do vs. The Pats...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

They'll lose 52-38

-- JK Sinrod
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

Señor Patriots

Sep 21, 2011, 3:57:38 AM9/21/11
On Sep 20, 2:37 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> I've always like FitzPatrick, seemed to have good instincts, & a toughness needed at QB.
> Being from Harvard probably hurt him... the geek factor & all.

I am sniffing that he's the real deal. Both of our teams will have a
chance to find out what he's really got. I think he's for real.

> I'm more interested in seeing how the Jets play against them ;)
I do look forward to those games. But I will look forward to the
Bills more now that they are going in the right direction. It could
be that there are three quality teams in the division and to me that
makes it much more interesting. If Miami would get its head out of
its ass it could be the deepest division in the league.

Message has been deleted

Michael

Sep 21, 2011, 9:27:08 AM9/21/11
i agree 100 %. it is much more fun if all the afc eadt teams are
good. as i jet fan, i am always asked if i hate the brady and the
pats... not even close... the pats are one of the best things about
jets football. it would be great if the bills are actually getting
better. that would mean two more sensational div rival games for the
jets AND... if the jets are in contention for the div, pats vs. bills
would be fun too. i get to watch div rivals knock each other off. as
of yet, the bills have not proven much of anything given their first
two opponents... we'll get a good idea of who they REALLY are this
weekend. GO BILLS !!!
Message has been deleted

Señor Patriots

Sep 21, 2011, 1:43:54 PM9/21/11
More drama and more competition is better to me. It tests teams,
builds their mental and emotional strength, gives them more chances to
find solutions to bad situations, builds their game time physical
conditioning, gives them opportunities to practice meaningful 2 minute
drills, builds a bond amongst the players, gives fans a lot more
energy in the highs and lows, creates a charge of energy to get back
at them next time, etc. I'm glad the Jets are a good team, and I'm
glad the Bills are going in the right direction. The Pats owe your
team, especially, for creating a lot of drama and excitement twice a
year. That doesn't happen with irrelevant competition.

IYM

Sep 21, 2011, 2:13:17 PM9/21/11
On 9/21/2011 1:43 PM, Señor Patriots wrote:
> On Sep 21, 8:27 am, Michael<mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:

Well, I hope the Bills do give you a good fight. A different team and
staff, this I see as a pivotal game - yes it's only week three - but it
is for them. A win will give them the confidence that they can compete
with any team....a loss, but close game will still help by saying that
they look like they are moving in the right direction. A blowout loss,
esp at home, will make it look like the first two games were only wins
because the opponent sucked. We all know KC is bad, but Oakland seems a
mid-pack team. Seeing how the Jets play them will be as interesting as
seeing how the Bills play the Pats...

Papa Carl

Sep 21, 2011, 5:37:23 PM9/21/11

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
> As a Jets fan, I'm fine with Miami keepin its head where it is.
> They'll always be #1 on old-tyme Jets fans crapola list ;)

I've watched too much lousy football and the kind of ball that generates a
"let them loose it" attitude...so on this one, I'm going for as many good
teams as possible and a lot of competition. That eliminates the tendency to
just sit back and wait for someone else to lose it, you need to actually
play the game, coach the game, make plays, be proactive and go win it and
the result if a much better product to watch. OMHO Papa Carl

Harlan Lachman

Sep 21, 2011, 10:39:03 PM9/21/11
In article <d64k77592olrtu0u0...@4ax.com>,
buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 00:57:38 -0700 (PDT), Señor Patriots
> <roam...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> As a Jets fan, I'm fine with Miami keepin its head where it is.
> They'll always be #1 on old-tyme Jets fans crapola list ;)

Actually, the Raiders are number one on my list.

The Fish are only 1.25 :-)

Harlan

Johnny Morongo

Sep 22, 2011, 1:29:49 PM9/22/11
On 9/21/2011 7:39 PM, Harlan Lachman wrote:
> In article<d64k77592olrtu0u0...@4ax.com>,
> buRford<buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 00:57:38 -0700 (PDT), Señor Patriots
>> <roam...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> I am sniffing that he's the real deal. Both of our teams will have a
>>> chance to find out what he's really got. I think he's for real.

>>> I do look forward to those games. But I will look forward to the
>>> Bills more now that they are going in the right direction. It could
>>> be that there are three quality teams in the division and to me that
>>> makes it much more interesting. If Miami would get its head out of
>>> its ass it could be the deepest division in the league.
>>>

>> As a Jets fan, I'm fine with Miami keepin its head where it is.
>> They'll always be #1 on old-tyme Jets fans crapola list ;)
>
> Actually, the Raiders are number one on my list.
>
> The Fish are only 1.25 :-)
>
> Harlan

I make 'em 1 and 1a.

MZ

Sep 22, 2011, 1:55:43 PM9/22/11
On Sep 20, 2:33 pm, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
> http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Buffalo-Bills-have-franchise-QB-in...
>
> I REALLY want to see what the Bills do vs. The Pats...

Speaking of the Bills, anyone else see Belichick talk lustfully about
Fred Jackson?

"There’s really no weak points with that guy, he does everything
well," said Belichick. "[He] runs hard, breaks tackles, good vision,
good balance, catches the ball well, outstanding as a blocker,
exceptional blitz pickup, even when they ask him to run block, which
occasionally they do with their different personnel groupings. He’s
good at everything. We know he can return, we know he can play in the
kicking game -- it’s just a question of what they ask him to do. He’s
really outstanding. He’s one of the best backs in the league. I would
say no weak points. I don’t know what the weak points would be."

One of the best backs in the league, hmmm? I remember when he called
Will Allen the best CB in football, which was another head scratcher.
It's interesting to hear a coach's perspective on certain players
around the league instead of the media's stat-driven categorization of
these guys.

Michael

Sep 22, 2011, 4:05:13 PM9/22/11

translation...

"i dont want you to have any additional motive to play hard this
weekend"

MZ

Sep 22, 2011, 5:55:15 PM9/22/11
I think he's being genuine. Whenever he's complimented guys like this
before he's tried to sign them later. Rosie Colvin, Fred Taylor,
Ochocinco, and he had Will Allen in for a visit a few weeks ago. $1
says Fred Jackson is a Patriot in a couple years.

Michael

Sep 22, 2011, 6:39:44 PM9/22/11
> says Fred Jackson is a Patriot in a couple years.- Hide quoted text -

could be a little bit of both :-)

oldn...@mindspring.com

Sep 23, 2011, 1:26:28 AM9/23/11

I'm with you. If you go back to the beginning, those bastard Raiders are the *real* enemy.

The Fish as rivals are for latecomers.

Percy Flage

Sep 23, 2011, 5:15:46 AM9/23/11
On 23/09/2011 06:26, oldn...@mindspring.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:39:03 PM UTC-4, Harlan Lachman wrote:
>> In article<d64k77592olrtu0u0...@4ax.com>,
>> buRford<buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

>>> As a Jets fan, I'm fine with Miami keepin its head where it is.
>>> They'll always be #1 on old-tyme Jets fans crapola list ;)
>>
>> Actually, the Raiders are number one on my list.
>
> I'm with you. If you go back to the beginning, those bastard Raiders are the *real* enemy.
>
> The Fish as rivals are for latecomers.

I've *only* been following the Jets for a mere 26 years and it was the
51-45 game against the Fins that cemented it for me.

I feel like a newbie.

--
Percy Flage
"Life is too short to have to explain everyday."

Julio Sanchez

Sep 24, 2011, 1:09:05 PM9/24/11
On Sep 21, 9:27 am, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:

> i agree 100 %.  it is much more fun if all the afc eadt teams are
> good.  as i jet fan, i am always asked if i hate the brady and the
> pats...  not even close... the pats are one of the best things about
> jets football.  it would be great if the bills are actually getting
> better.  that would mean two more sensational div rival games for the
> jets AND... if the jets are in contention for the div, pats vs. bills
> would be fun too.

I second that. It's especially good because the Jets and Pats are
two completely different types of teams right now: the Jets D is good
enough to win 3-0, while the Pats D is good enough to win 38-35....
I'm interested to see how both teams do this Sunday against
*supposedly* inferior competition. Right now the Pats have only
one TE (Rob Gronkowski), his brother Dan was cut and Hernandez
is out this weekend.

Julio

oldn...@mindspring.com

Sep 24, 2011, 5:49:15 PM9/24/11
On Friday, September 23, 2011 5:15:46 AM UTC-4, Percy Flage wrote:
> On 23/09/2011 06:26, oldn...@mindspring.com wrote:
> > On Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:39:03 PM UTC-4, Harlan Lachman wrote:

> >> Actually, the Raiders are number one on my list.
> >
> > I'm with you. If you go back to the beginning, those bastard Raiders are the *real* enemy.
> >
> > The Fish as rivals are for latecomers.
>
> I've *only* been following the Jets for a mere 26 years and it was the
> 51-45 game against the Fins that cemented it for me.
>
> I feel like a newbie.

Welcome to rooting for the team, Junior. :-)

"Age and Guile 42, Youth and Beauty 3".

IYM

Sep 26, 2011, 7:59:08 AM9/26/11
Well - Here's my "hmmmm" I said a win would get out of me and I have
officially raised my eyebrows...However, I am only sitting a little
straighter in my seat instead of the slouched, defeated sloth look I've
had since the mid-nineties. They seem hungry, but we'll see how big
their appetite is...Two key mental tests coming up: 1) do they get a
metaphorical big head that they are somehow better than they really are
and start getting cocky? Or do they play even harder with something to
prove? 2) How will they handle and respond to their first loss when
(not if) comes? Come back harder, implode, whine about it? They pass
those two tests, they *may* have a shot at post season. A few of the
0-3 teams seem to have given up already...(was reading the fins
newsgroup). As far as the Jets, it will be interesting to see how they
respond next week. I do wish them luck, with the exception of 2 weeks a
season (heh) as my Dad is a huge fan, and I like to see them win for him. :)