Re: This is exactly what I was afraid of...

Message has been deleted

Johnny Morongo

Oct 12, 2010, 1:00:39 AM10/12/10
On Oct 11, 8:44 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> With Schott's inability to call plays in the red zone.
> And the false sense of security, that with our D, the O can just go into stall mode.
>
> Shonn started the 2nd half running well, then he inserted LT.
> Why not start wearing out the Vikes D?
>
> Just drives me crazy.  You have a game, and just keep the opponent in it.

Watched the game at a local bar with about a half dozen Jets
fans...They all wanted to skin Schitt alive. Three fuckin' passes
from the four??? WTF is that about??? Kill the Mofo.

You too, JC!

Message has been deleted

Johnny Morongo

Oct 12, 2010, 2:41:00 AM10/12/10
On Oct 11, 10:05 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 22:00:39 -0700 (PDT), Johnny Morongo
> YOU... gotta give Brick some credit tonight.  Probably played his best game tonight.
> The whole OL looked great.  Should've run more, & Shonned more.

Yep, Yep and Yep.

John C TX

Oct 12, 2010, 8:44:44 AM10/12/10
On Oct 12, 12:00 am, Johnny Morongo

Shocking a pile of fans screaming about an OC. Wait I saw that
Saturday with A&M fans & LSU fans later. I am just shocked.

Did people want to skin Edwards alive or Holmes when they dropped
balls?

Coach Lon

Oct 12, 2010, 9:37:06 AM10/12/10
On Oct 11, 11:44 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> With Schott's inability to call plays in the red zone.
> And the false sense of security, that with our D, the O can just go into stall mode.
>
> Shonn started the 2nd half running well, then he inserted LT.
> Why not start wearing out the Vikes D?
>
> Just drives me crazy.  You have a game, and just keep the opponent in it.

Agreed 100%.

Harlan Lachman

Oct 12, 2010, 10:36:45 AM10/12/10
In article
<e07c1256-899f-4f47...@c10g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,

Actually, I will have to recheck when I watch the game again, but I
think you have to add Keller and Cotch to your list of dropsies. I
noticed two Braylon drops, two Holmes' failure to complete plays, at
least two key drops by Dustin (and perhaps as many as 4) and at least
one by Cotch. Any of those plays made might have blown open the game.

It is hard to solely blame the OC when WR play so poorly.

Harlan

Harlan Lachman

Oct 12, 2010, 10:38:48 AM10/12/10
In article <81r7b6lep06ieg62l...@4ax.com>,
buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 22:00:39 -0700 (PDT), Johnny Morongo

> YOU... gotta give Brick some credit tonight. Probably played his best game
> tonight.
> The whole OL looked great. Should've run more, & Shonned more.

Two thoughts.

1) Brick and the OL did look great tonight. Brick in particular given
his assignment.

2) The Jets ran for more than 150 yards, averaging better than 5 ypc,
against a team that for 51 games did not allow anyone to get 150 yards.
I think we ran the ball enough. The evidence says we did too. The issue
is Sanchez' accuracy and our WR need to stop dropping the ball.

Harlan

Tutor

Oct 12, 2010, 10:51:51 AM10/12/10
On Oct 12, 1:00 am, Johnny Morongo

wasn't happy at all with that series of play calls. No one was in our
section either

Tutor

Oct 12, 2010, 10:54:58 AM10/12/10

I agree about the red zone calls too, but all the drops yesterday from
ALL the receivers: particularly Holmes, Keller and even braylon and
Cotch who stretched well to get balls but couldn't hang on make the
offensive play calling look a lot worse overall than it was.

Too many drops! Let's not hang that completely on the play calling
fellas. Execution was abyssmal at times in thepassing game.