I had to look twice

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 14, 2010, 5:27:49 PM11/14/10
Nobody writing Schott sucks post, people looking generally happy with
what could be called a lucky win.
Is there a new Jets NG on usenet :-)

BicketyBam

Nov 14, 2010, 5:38:35 PM11/14/10
Glenn Greenstein <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:7b1c2c6d-1558-4c8e-
914e-431...@f16g2000prj.googlegroups.com:

> Nobody writing Schott sucks post, people looking generally happy with
> what could be called a lucky win.
> Is there a new Jets NG on usenet :-)

It's called stunned silence!

Tutor

Nov 14, 2010, 6:00:04 PM11/14/10

Play calling was just fine. Not perfect, no OC's play calling ever
are, but well designed. Executuion had its problems.

Michael

Nov 14, 2010, 6:28:09 PM11/14/10
On Nov 14, 5:27 pm, Glenn Greenstein <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

for once i agreed with most every play call BUT... running LT and not
Green on 3rd and one with 4 min left in first half.

Deadmeat

Nov 14, 2010, 6:38:34 PM11/14/10

Come on Glenn! They won, and that means he's great, Sanchez is great,
and Rex is great. Now had the idiot browns receiver not fumbled and they
kick the winning FG, the opposite would've been true.

papa.carl44

Nov 14, 2010, 8:43:02 PM11/14/10

"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Nobody writing Schott sucks post, people looking generally happy with
> what could be called a lucky win.
> Is there a new Jets NG on usenet :-)

I could not disagree more. The basic design of the offense is terrible.
I'm not going to wast my time trying to explain it to you. There is NO WAY
in Hell a team with the talent of the Jets should have to struggle against
that defense.

Tutor

Nov 14, 2010, 9:13:25 PM11/14/10
On Nov 14, 8:43 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "Glenn Greenstein" <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Actually, I thought the Cleveland defense was pretty tough.

Last week, the Cleveland defense defeated NE, holding them to14 points
and the week before they defeated New Orleans, holding that high
powered ofense to 17 points.I n addition to those 2 impressive
defensive showings, Cleveland held 4 other teams to under 21,
including the Falcons. Not too shabby. Cleveland defense is no
slouch. Not sure why you think it is, but they've done a good job
this season except for one game on the road against the Steelers.
Schotty called a good game today.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Nov 14, 2010, 9:26:07 PM11/14/10

"Tutor" <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

The Cleveland defense IS good...but that are not multi-dimensional...they
beat the Pats by playing pass only for the most part...they came back to a
much more conventional set for the Jets...the talent of the Jets players is
what is carrying this thing right now...they had many opportunities to take
complete control of this game and didn't, and usually because of the play
that was called.

Deadmeat

Nov 14, 2010, 10:07:58 PM11/14/10

That's right, you tell him. You played the game for 20 years, and then
you coached for another 20, which means you know more about the game
then anyone, ever.

You actually went 2 posts without throwing that in someones face. Gotta
be some sort of record.

Grinch

Nov 14, 2010, 10:25:44 PM11/14/10
On Nov 14, 5:27 pm, Glenn Greenstein <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

The last two games (9 quarters):

282 yards rushing
611 yards passing
-----
893 yards total

Schott sucks.

Johnny Morongo

Nov 14, 2010, 10:42:42 PM11/14/10

And how many of those passing yards came as a result of Sanchez's
athleticism? Do you think they were the result of plays called by
Schitt? If so, please pick up you tin can, pencils and dark shades at
the nearest shelter.

papa.carl44

Nov 14, 2010, 11:04:32 PM11/14/10

"Grinch" <oldn...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Schott sucks.

And what did all those yards result in....unless I missed something...it's
only the points scored that matter.

Message has been deleted

MZ

Nov 14, 2010, 11:30:40 PM11/14/10

Yup. 49 points in 9 quarters. That's about 22 points per game
(regulation). Pretty good, but nothing special.

Harlan Lachman

Nov 14, 2010, 11:39:01 PM11/14/10
In article
<05716f7d-bda1-4bcb...@g20g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
Tutor <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Well, the Jets missed two FG in regulation one a chippy, so the Browns
did not do all that well.

And Shitt bailed them out by not forcing them to stop Shonn Greene or
Brad Smith in the running game, choosing instead to throw incomplete
passes.

While I have my reservations about Sanchez, his leadership skills and
want to are so strong, he could work out.

I can't say the same for Shitt. He seems incapable of learning or
learning by observation. With receivers like Braylon and Holmes he
insists on flanking out Sanchez in the wildcat making it easier for the
D to ignore him. He insists on 7 or 8 man lines making it easier for the
D to gang up and clog the run against two excellent cut back runners. He
insists on putting guys in motion usually heading back into the line so
that while they can block they bring their defender with them.

He is the single biggest reason not named Rex why this team is a long
shot to win a SB. I blame Rex because he should know better. But, then,
anyone who plays Late to His Own Funeral Smith as a position player
cannot see anything either.

John C TX

Nov 15, 2010, 1:02:12 AM11/15/10
On Nov 14, 10:39 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <05716f7d-bda1-4bcb-b2f0-e9134cc90...@g20g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,

H, I thought I would enjoy the comedy in here before hitting the hay.

The extra linemen began last year at the same time the schott haters
jumped up and down w/ glee because Ryan "took" over the offense. He
never used it before last year. He played & trained under Spurrier,
Norv Turner, so why would you think that was his addition?

As for Smith he had 5 rushes for 39 yards on runs with none less than
4 yards. This game was not a blow out because:

1. Rex should have punted on the first missed kick & Browns might not
havve scored before half.
2. Sanchez missed open receivers. The 1st drive stalled when he
missed a receiver on 3rd down. That was Schott's fault as he should
know better.
3. Folk struggled with the wind.

MZ

Nov 15, 2010, 1:25:40 AM11/15/10
> never used it before last year. He played& trained under Spurrier,

> Norv Turner, so why would you think that was his addition?

Norv had the luxury of presiding over a TE group that had Manumaleuna,
who was basically a 6th OLman. :)

CaptMyng

Nov 15, 2010, 6:23:15 AM11/15/10
On Nov 14, 10:30 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> On 11/14/2010 8:04 PM, papa.carl44 wrote:
>

> > "Grinch"<oldna...@mindspring.com>  wrote in message

But add in the 12 points for missed kicks and it looks a bit better.
God, Folk sucks. How's Feeley doing these days?

papa.carl44

Nov 15, 2010, 6:55:57 AM11/15/10

"MZ" <ma...@nospam.void> wrote in message

And then it only matters compared to what the other team scored...YES, I'm
glad they are winning, but this is not the style of play that will carry
them to a championship, but I could be completely wrong, maybe this is the
new game, the modern game and I just don't get it. Last night, the Pats
seemed to want to play the old fashioned style and take control and be
emphatic about it. I think the Jets could and should be playing that way.

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 15, 2010, 7:24:24 AM11/15/10
wrote:
> "Glenn Greenstein" <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Well, we can't win them all.

Deadmeat

Nov 15, 2010, 7:28:36 AM11/15/10
On 11/14/2010 11:07 PM, buRford wrote:
> You're right. We all know that those who never played the game, and know it from watching
> TV, or going to games, are the real experts. Not those that played, or coached.

Again, the point goes whooooooshing over your head. For some reason the
greatest player/coach that no ones ever heard of, needs to keep
reminding everyone of it.

I think it even annoys some of your brethren.

papa.carl44

Nov 15, 2010, 8:01:50 AM11/15/10

"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Why not? Against a team they are far superior to in terms of talent they
should not struggle and get extremely lucky in the final seconds of
overtime. Do you think this trend of play will win a championship game
against the very best of the AFC or NFC? If I've got it all wrong, and this
is how you play to win the big one...I'll admit it then.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

CaptMyng

Nov 15, 2010, 9:23:01 AM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 7:38 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Sucks??
> He's had one bad day.

Yes, sucks. There is a reason he got fired in Dallas.

Message has been deleted

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 15, 2010, 9:32:25 AM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 8:01 am, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>

wrote:
> "Glenn Greenstein" <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Nov 14, 8:43 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
> wrote:
>
> > "Glenn Greenstein" <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Nobody writing Schott sucks post, people looking generally happy with
> > > what could be called a lucky win.
> > > Is there a new Jets NG on usenet :-)
>
> > I could not disagree more. The basic design of the offense is terrible.
> > I'm not going to wast my time trying to explain it to you. There is NO WAY
> > in Hell a team with the talent of the Jets should have to struggle against
> > that defense.
>
> Well, we can't win them all.
>
> Why not?  Against a team they are far superior to in terms of talent they
> should not struggle and get extremely lucky in the final seconds of
> overtime.  Do you think this trend of play will win a championship game
> against the very best of the AFC or NFC?  If I've got it all wrong, and this
> is how you play to win the big one...I'll admit it then.

Actually I was talking about you, not the Jets but since it's apparent
you have a hardon to engage me, let's dance.
You said the teams O struggled against an inferior team yet this
inferior team dismanteled a Pats team that ran roughshot over the
Steelers who are thought by many to be an AFC elite as the Pats are.
They also beat the defending SB champions. They have also only been
blown out by one team, the Steelers, all the other loses were by one
score and in most cases not a TD except Atlanta which was only by 10
which is not getting beaten badly. Why you thought this team was going
to be a walk over is beyond me. Did I personally think we were going
to win? Yes, did I think we would dominate them with the way they have
started to play? Not at all, I thought this was going ot be a tough
game.
The thing here is, you are still blaming Schott now for what appears
to be the defensive lapse we saw. The Defense sucked and Ryan called a
horrible D to close out the game after the Jets took the lead. You
also seem to be blaming Schott for our kickers inability to kick a
chip shot FG or are you blaming him because the he didn't score a TD
on every possesion allowing our now eratic kicker to miss 3 FG's (one
being a chip shot) in the game. Perhapse you are also blaming him for
Sanchez's in ability to see the whole feild as he once again threw a
pass late to a wide open Braylon Edwards on the first drive allowing
the S to close and knock the ball away. This was the last pass on the
first drive, Edwads was so open he could have ran into the stands,
gotten a hotdog, and ran back and still make the catch. It possiby
cost the Jets a TD because it would have been first and goal from the
5 if not a TD.
Basically you have under-estimated the Browns thinking they suck. The
D has played well most of the year and that RB is load. Thet are not
an easy out especially for a team playing on the road that has not
played particularly well on O for a while.

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 15, 2010, 9:37:45 AM11/15/10
On Nov 14, 9:26 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "Tutor" <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

You are talking out of both sides of your mouth. If the D is good,
that means they can keep games close yet you are expecting this O
which I personally think you are way over rating talentwise to
dominate them. IMO they are not one dimensional, they are game
planning. Why in the world would you respect the run against the Pats?
I would pretty much expect all teams to play the pats the same way.

MZ

Nov 15, 2010, 10:24:43 AM11/15/10
On 11/15/2010 6:26 AM, John C TX wrote:

>>> The extra linemen began last year at the same time the schott haters
>>> jumped up and down w/ glee because Ryan "took" over the offense. He
>>> never used it before last year. He played& trained under Spurrier,
>>> Norv Turner, so why would you think that was his addition?
>>
>> Norv had the luxury of presiding over a TE group that had Manumaleuna,
>> who was basically a 6th OLman. :)
>
> Shut up stupid
>
> :)
>
> Except Schott was in NY when he turned up.
>
> There is a chance that this is a Schott decision but that it was
> implemented mid-season tells me it wasn't but I have been wrong
> before. What has been nice to see is that Schott has some sets where
> both Greene& LT are in there together. He also can't seem to do too
> much w/o the FB.

It works for other teams, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for the
Jets. Probably not coaching issue -- they probably need the right
OLman. It should be Ducasse doing this stuff -- just sayin'.

papa.carl44

Nov 15, 2010, 10:25:39 AM11/15/10

"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

YOU are the arrogant SOB...and freakin thin skinned to...I tried to apolgize
and be nice...you come at me with "talking out of both sides of your
mouth"...F You Glenn...no I'm not..I can't help it if you do not think the O
has talent...that is not what most experts think...why is it you can be
nasty as hell to other people but someone gets tough with you and you cry?
This group flat out is not worth the effort anymore.

papa.carl44

Nov 15, 2010, 10:28:28 AM11/15/10

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 07:28:36 -0500, Deadmeat <no...@home.com> wrote:
>
>>Again, the point goes whooooooshing over your head. For some reason the
>>greatest player/coach that no ones ever heard of, needs to keep
>>reminding everyone of it.
>>
>>I think it even annoys some of your brethren.
>
> Actually, you made your point clear, and I responded to it.
> Sorry, it didn't meet your limited view of what a response should be.
>
> That Carl gets annoyed by clueless posts, and reminds people that he knows
> what he's
> talking about... so? As for him saying he was the greatest player/coach
> ever, that's just
> your imagination & projection. Maybe you should pay attention to what
> he's actually
> saying, as opposed to your obvious sense of inferiority.
> A lot of people get annoyed, when anyone posts anything that challenges
> their ignorance.
> Me... I tend to respect opinions of those in the know. That's how I
> learn.

Burf...the guy is DEADMEAT...he knows it admits it...that is either the
state of his total life or a reference to some of his operational parts. I
never said I was a great anything, but I have done what I said I did....this
group is really not worth participating in...and I'm sure Dead and Glenn and
the rest of their team will not miss any of us who think differently than
they do. Adios.

papa.carl44

Nov 15, 2010, 10:29:54 AM11/15/10

"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Glenn...you are everything Johnny ever said about you...I NEVER said the
Browns suck...I'm not trying to engage you....you are an arrogant
prick...period.

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 10:52:31 AM11/15/10
On 11/14/2010 10:02 PM, John C TX wrote:
> never used it before last year. He played& trained under Spurrier,

> Norv Turner, so why would you think that was his addition?
>
> As for Smith he had 5 rushes for 39 yards on runs with none less than
> 4 yards. This game was not a blow out because:
>
> 1. Rex should have punted on the first missed kick& Browns might not

> havve scored before half.
> 2. Sanchez missed open receivers. The 1st drive stalled when he
> missed a receiver on 3rd down. That was Schott's fault as he should
> know better.
> 3. Folk struggled with the wind.

And you, you ejit, struggle with your key board, understanding Football
101 and deciding between paper or plastic. ;)

CaptMyng

Nov 15, 2010, 10:56:04 AM11/15/10

> YOU are the arrogant SOB...and freakin thin skinned to...I tried to apolgize
> and be nice...you come at me with "talking out of both sides of your
> mouth"...F You Glenn..

You call HIM thin skinned? LOL!!

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 15, 2010, 11:05:06 AM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 8:36 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 07:28:36 -0500, Deadmeat <no...@home.com> wrote:
> >Again, the point goes whooooooshing over your head.  For some reason the
> >greatest player/coach that no ones ever heard of, needs to keep
> >reminding everyone of it.
>
> >I think it even annoys some of your brethren.
>
> Actually, you made your point clear, and I responded to it.
> Sorry, it didn't meet your limited view of what a response should be.
>
> That Carl gets annoyed by clueless posts, and reminds people that he knows what he's
> talking about... so?  As for him saying he was the greatest player/coach ever, that's just
> your imagination & projection.  Maybe you should pay attention to what he's actually
> saying, as opposed to your obvious sense of inferiority.
> A lot of people get annoyed, when anyone posts anything that challenges their ignorance.
> Me... I tend to respect opinions of those in the know.  That's how I learn.

Burf, Carl has a very condesending attitude towards the fact that you
can't possibly know whay you're talking about unless you played the
game or coached. I or anyone here has never challenged Carl on this
but he feels more than obligated to remind us peons that we are not
part of the football coaching frat that he is and we should never
question him. Sorry but that will rub some of us the wrong way and you
are seeing Deadmeats response for just that reason. I happen to post
in the Fins NG every so often and I can tell you deadmeat is a good
guy, he's not a troll as Drumerboy is.

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 15, 2010, 11:11:16 AM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 10:25 am, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
> This group flat out is not worth the effort anymore.- Hide quoted text -

Look at this rant you just posted and then tell me again I'm thin
skined. This has to be the ultimate pot kettle black post ever.

Message has been deleted

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 15, 2010, 11:14:13 AM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 10:29 am, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
> prick...period.- Hide quoted text -

You know what Carl, FUCK YOU.

Deadmeat

Nov 15, 2010, 12:35:28 PM11/15/10
On 11/15/2010 8:36 AM, buRford wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 07:28:36 -0500, Deadmeat<no...@home.com> wrote:
>
>> Again, the point goes whooooooshing over your head. For some reason the
>> greatest player/coach that no ones ever heard of, needs to keep
>> reminding everyone of it.
>>
>> I think it even annoys some of your brethren.
>
> Actually, you made your point clear, and I responded to it.
> Sorry, it didn't meet your limited view of what a response should be.
>
> That Carl gets annoyed by clueless posts, and reminds people that he knows what he's
> talking about... so? As for him saying he was the greatest player/coach ever, that's just
> your imagination& projection. Maybe you should pay attention to what he's actually

> saying, as opposed to your obvious sense of inferiority.
> A lot of people get annoyed, when anyone posts anything that challenges their ignorance.
> Me... I tend to respect opinions of those in the know. That's how I learn.

He doesn't need to post his resume every time he says something, now
does he? That makes him seem like an arrogant prick.

I have a good knowledge of the field I'm in, and I don't feel the need
to talk down to those who may not have the knowledge I do.

Carl does, end of story.

Bye Bye.

Deadmeat

Nov 15, 2010, 12:36:52 PM11/15/10
On 11/15/2010 10:28 AM, papa.carl44 wrote:
> "buRford"<buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 07:28:36 -0500, Deadmeat<no...@home.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Again, the point goes whooooooshing over your head. For some reason the
>>> greatest player/coach that no ones ever heard of, needs to keep
>>> reminding everyone of it.
>>>
>>> I think it even annoys some of your brethren.
>>
>> Actually, you made your point clear, and I responded to it.
>> Sorry, it didn't meet your limited view of what a response should be.
>>
>> That Carl gets annoyed by clueless posts, and reminds people that he knows
>> what he's
>> talking about... so? As for him saying he was the greatest player/coach
>> ever, that's just
>> your imagination& projection. Maybe you should pay attention to what

>> he's actually
>> saying, as opposed to your obvious sense of inferiority.
>> A lot of people get annoyed, when anyone posts anything that challenges
>> their ignorance.
>> Me... I tend to respect opinions of those in the know. That's how I
>> learn.
>
> Burf...the guy is DEADMEAT...he knows it admits it...that is either the
> state of his total life or a reference to some of his operational parts. I
> never said I was a great anything, but I have done what I said I did....this
> group is really not worth participating in...and I'm sure Dead and Glenn and
> the rest of their team will not miss any of us who think differently than
> they do. Adios.

I'm surprised it took any of that long to bring up the nickname. As for
some operational parts, well ask your...

Tutor

Nov 15, 2010, 1:51:35 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 10:25 am, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
> This group flat out is not worth the effort anymore.- Hide quoted text -

Carl...there's a lot of arrogance on internet messageboards and
newsgroups, and I don't except myself from that either.. Stuff that
would never be said or done in ordinary conversations. You are as
guilty as the rest. I think you are flat out wrong here both about
the Jets managemnt of Cleveland and your dealings with Glenn are just
weird. You do have it in for him. Don't evenmention Johnny in this
context because his battle with Glenn is more political on the Israel/
Palestinan issues they fought over. Political diffferences affect
peopl on a more personal level than debates over football. I still
think yesterday's game plan was pretty good against the tough defense
we faced, the same defense that withstoofd a pair of very potent
offenses in NE and New Orleans. We know how you feel about Schott.
Hey, I'm not in love with him either but he did ok this week. I do
think we can win a championship with him as long as the players
execute on the game plan.

Oh and with respect to something the Dolphin troll wrote about you...
I respect the fact that you were once a coach and have been a long
time fan, but sometimes you do tend to throw it out there so we can
throw rose petals at your feet.. or at least it comes off that way if
it is unintentional.

Peace.

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 2:04:19 PM11/15/10
On 11/15/2010 8:14 AM, John C TX wrote:

>>> H, I thought I would enjoy the comedy in here before hitting the hay.
>>
>>> The extra linemen began last year at the same time the schott haters
>>> jumped up and down w/ glee because Ryan "took" over the offense. He
>>> never used it before last year. He played& trained under Spurrier,
>>> Norv Turner, so why would you think that was his addition?
>>
>>> As for Smith he had 5 rushes for 39 yards on runs with none less than
>>> 4 yards. This game was not a blow out because:
>>
>>> 1. Rex should have punted on the first missed kick& Browns might not
>>> havve scored before half.
>>> 2. Sanchez missed open receivers. The 1st drive stalled when he
>>> missed a receiver on 3rd down. That was Schott's fault as he should
>>> know better.
>>> 3. Folk struggled with the wind.
>>
>> And you, you ejit, struggle with your key board, understanding Football
>> 101 and deciding between paper or plastic. ;)
>
> When I wear a bag on my head I find that plastic can cause problems.
>
> btw I have a streak of stupidity in me so I choose neither...

Fixed.

MZ

Nov 15, 2010, 2:20:56 PM11/15/10

Maybe sometimes. But I think a lot of times it's relevant. His stories
and anecdotes are eye-opening for a lot of issues.

Message has been deleted

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 3:07:24 PM11/15/10

AND, IMHO, I think he makes his "history" points relevant to the matter
at hand.

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 3:15:12 PM11/15/10
On 11/15/2010 11:36 AM, buRford wrote:
> I think that some people may be sensitive to that, whereas others don't even notice it.
> Me... I never see that in Carl, because he knows what he's talking about. I see it in
> others, who tend to think they know something, when they don't ;)
>
> As for yesterday, as I mentioned, I think it was close to the worst gamecalls I've seen of
> Schott. Time& again, Sanchez made plays out of nothing. But moreso, if you watch the
> game again, there was absolutely no rhythm to the offense. One play stuffed, next play
> broken, but MS& the receivers made it work... next play works, etc. Schott just calls
> plays, without any relation to the previous play, or next play... or to what the D is
> doing. He has a set mindset, and rarely deviates from it, even when things are working.
> The perfect example, as I've mentioned, was that drive when Sanchez scored.
> Greene was doing everything, there was a rhythm, and the team was moving.
> They get within the 10, and he takes Greene out. The drive almost stalled, if not for
> Sanchez improvising& scoring. Why take Greene out?
> Because Schott was following his script. I wish some of Sanchez would rub off on Schott,
> because he adjusts to what's happening at the moment,whereas Schott doesn't.
> Schott has his offensive plan,& it doesn't fit the players he has, nor what opposing Ds
> are doing.

Schott has, in just about every game, calle4d the occasional brilliant
play. But you're right; they are scatter shot. That 3rd Q drive was
really great, until the end when he ignored what was happening on the
field and went to the shoe box. If you ask me, I think he chokes in the
Red Zone.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 4:13:25 PM11/15/10
On 11/15/2010 12:55 PM, John C TX wrote:
> Maybe you are right but consider this.
>
> Sanchez is further along than many QB's in their 2nd year. Maybe he is
> bright but maybe Schott deserves some credit. That was something I
> kept hearing from the Schott lynch mob last year that somehow they
> knew Schott wasn't developing Sanchez. Sanchez did after all start in
> 14 college football games with vastly superior talent than his
> opposition.
>
> I still believe that the QB's abilities defines the OC not the other
> way around and that drive is a good example. How do you think Sanchez
> did? I assume we are talking about the 1st drive in the 3Q.
>
> He was 4/9 with completions of 22, 9,8,& 7. On 5 throws he didn't
> succeed and again, maybe Schott, or maybe he has holes in his game.
> You say Schott chokes in the red zone. How about the bozo who jumped
> when we were 1st& goal from their 7? How about Sanchez who on our
> first drive couldn't complete a simple pass on a 3rd& 2 that would
> have given us 1st& goal from the 2? Schott's fault?
>
> I know you guys have drawn a conclusion based on your experience but
> don't dismiss ours as we watch the game too.

Missed plays are part of the game...every team makes them. But for the
most part, that's not what I'm talking about. It's the whole rhythm
thing that I'm talking about. I'm sorry that you can't see it. I do.

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 4:19:05 PM11/15/10
On 11/15/2010 12:51 PM, buRford wrote:

> chickenSchitt!

better yet.

Tutor

Nov 15, 2010, 5:11:44 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 2:36 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:51:35 -0800 (PST), Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think that some people may be sensitive to that, whereas others don't even notice it.
> Me... I never see that in Carl, because he knows what he's talking about.  I see it in
> others, who tend to think they know something, when they don't  ;)
>
> As for yesterday, as I mentioned, I think it was close to the worst gamecalls I've seen of
> Schott.  Time & again, Sanchez made plays out of nothing.  But moreso, if you watch the

> game again, there was absolutely no rhythm to the offense.  One play stuffed, next play
> broken, but MS & the receivers made it work... next play works, etc.  Schott just calls

> plays, without any relation to the previous play, or next play... or to what the D is
> doing.  He has a set mindset, and rarely deviates from it, even when things are working.
> The perfect example, as I've mentioned, was that drive when Sanchez scored.
> Greene was doing everything, there was a rhythm, and the team was moving.
> They get within the 10, and he takes Greene out.  The drive almost stalled, if not for
> Sanchez improvising & scoring.  Why take Greene out?

> Because Schott was following his script.  I wish some of Sanchez would rub off on Schott,
> because he adjusts to what's happening at the moment,whereas Schott doesn't.
> Schott has his offensive plan, & it doesn't fit the players he has, nor what opposing Ds
> are doing.- Hide quoted text -

W/respect to your illustration regarding Greene, I completely
disagree. The Jets have been completely consistent with their within
the 5 or 10 yard line RB strategy all season long. They want LT in at
the goal line. Period. They have not deviated from that plan at
all.. It's obvious they still don't trust Greene with the ball down
there. LT does have a nose for the goal line. And it makes some
sense although we all think of Greene as a bulldozer who can push his
way in... I'd like to see that happen myself as opposed to one of
those LT over the top leaps or cuts between the tackles.

Otherwise I partially agree. We've seen games where adjustments have
been made on the offense based on what the defense had been doing. NE
game for one. Right on the heels of the stubborn and ineffective game
plan against the Ravens. SOmetimes there are adjustments and other
times there aren't. Frankly, I'm more concerned about what the
defense allows when it counts the most. Yesterday, the biggest
culprit was the vaunted Jets defense. allowing that final drive in
regulation was nauseating to watch.

Tutor

Nov 15, 2010, 5:14:13 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 3:07 pm, Johnny Morongo
> at hand.- Hide quoted text -

no question.. he does and that's why I look forward to papa's posts.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Nov 15, 2010, 6:11:53 PM11/15/10

"Tutor" <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Peace.

No problems...I have nothing personal against Glenn...yes, I got pissed
off....he does have a huge double standard and I'm not even getting into the
areas I was insinuating about him. The stuff he has gone on about
politically did tie into some of his stuff I thought....I'm not posting here
anymore anyway I don't think....I may not know much, I haven't coached
actively iin a while. But I can only make references from what I do know
and what I have done and that did not come from watching TV. Be well.

papa.carl44

Nov 15, 2010, 6:16:15 PM11/15/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >On 11/15/2010 11:36 AM, buRford wrote:

> >> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:51:35 -0800 (PST), Tutor<dcat4...@yahoo.com>

> Take the winning play to Holmes.
> Holmes said after the game, he told Schott he had to call the slant.
> Schott chose a great time to run it, for that he gets his kudos, but how
> often do we read
> that a player has to educate him on what works ;)

Our buddy Papa said that is the sign of a good coach.

Not when he waits to the last few seconds to do it....a good coach listens
to what GOOD players see and what they tell him...do you think this goes on
with the Jets offense?

papa.carl44

Nov 15, 2010, 6:33:43 PM11/15/10

> [...]

>>> others, who tend to think they know something, when they don't ;)
>>
>>Is a mirror involved?
>
> Perish the thought... that would mean I have to look at my ugly mug ;)

>>> As for yesterday, as I mentioned, I think it was close to the worst
>>> gamecalls I've seen of
>>> Schott. Time & again, Sanchez made plays out of nothing. But moreso, if
>>> you watch the
>>> game again, there was absolutely no rhythm to the offense. One play
>>> stuffed, next play
>>> broken, but MS & the receivers made it work... next play works, etc.
>>> Schott just calls
>>> plays, without any relation to the previous play, or next play... or to
>>> what the D is
>>> doing. He has a set mindset, and rarely deviates from it, even when
>>> things are working.
>>> The perfect example, as I've mentioned, was that drive when Sanchez
>>> scored.
>>> Greene was doing everything, there was a rhythm, and the team was
>>> moving.
>>> They get within the 10, and he takes Greene out. The drive almost
>>> stalled, if not for
>>> Sanchez improvising & scoring. Why take Greene out?
>>
>>I understand your point but they scored a TD. Maybe they are more
>>effective in practice when LT is in there. He certainly is the guy
>>you want inside the 5.
>
> I want Greene in there, inside the 5.
> As for the score, they scored a TD because Sanchez deviated from the
> playcall.
> That's an important distinction, which gets to all our points criticizing
> Schott.
> His playcalls are too often wrong for a given situation.
> The players are learning, not to make Schott's calls work, but to deviate
> from them, and
> make the chicken salad from chickenSchott.

>>> Because Schott was following his script. I wish some of Sanchez would
>>> rub off on Schott,
>>> because he adjusts to what's happening at the moment,whereas Schott
>>> doesn't.
>>> Schott has his offensive plan, & it doesn't fit the players he has, nor
>>> what opposing Ds
>>> are doing.
>>
>>Maybe, but maybe you don't know what & who is involved into making all
>>the decision in situations. If yo think a coach like Ryan sits
>>passively back & lets Schott do what he wants I would wonder what
>>would make you think that. I can't believe he lets any of those
>>coaches do what they want except for Westhoff. That is my experience
>>with personalities like his. I am not saying he doesn't give some
>>latitude but I imagine he is in their business as they can get his ass
>>fired.
>
> I've mentioned often, just listen to Rex after games. Several times this
> season, he's
> pleaded ignorance to what happened with the offense during games.
> That's one place I get it from... from Rex's mouth.

My reasoning went like this...I did not like the offense before Rex--and
Schott was there. Mangini's offense in Cleveland does not look anything
like the Jet's offense--no Schott and completely different offense, so it
was most likely not Magini's offense...now, the offense the Jets now have is
very similar if not the same as what they used to have. So I concluded it
was Schott's offense. Does Rex have a say in things...I'm sure he does.
But I would also bet that Rex was talked into keeping Schott on the staff by
Woody....why do I think that? Woody is good friends with Marty. It's a
guess. I will only say what I think about whover calls the offense, but I
don't like it, the way it's designed and the way they call the plays because
one thing does not appear to develop to another and it has little rhythm in
it. But you've heard all this and it is very clear that some of you will
only be happy when some of us declare our total love and support of all
things Jet. Why bother?

papa.carl44

Nov 15, 2010, 6:35:38 PM11/15/10

> >> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:51:35 -0800 (PST), Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com>
> >> wrote:

I agree he often makes the mistake & calls plays where ball bounce
off players hands, gurads run into TB's, etc. He shoudl know better
to expect players to get it right.

> The players are learning, not to make Schott's calls work, but to deviate
> from them, and
> make the chicken salad from chickenSchott.
>

> >> Because Schott was following his script. I wish some of Sanchez would
> >> rub off on Schott,
> >> because he adjusts to what's happening at the moment,whereas Schott
> >> doesn't.
> >> Schott has his offensive plan, & it doesn't fit the players he has, nor
> >> what opposing Ds
> >> are doing.
>
> >Maybe, but maybe you don't know what & who is involved into making all
> >the decision in situations. If yo think a coach like Ryan sits
> >passively back & lets Schott do what he wants I would wonder what
> >would make you think that. I can't believe he lets any of those
> >coaches do what they want except for Westhoff. That is my experience
> >with personalities like his. I am not saying he doesn't give some
> >latitude but I imagine he is in their business as they can get his ass
> >fired.
>
> I've mentioned often, just listen to Rex after games. Several times this
> season, he's
> pleaded ignorance to what happened with the offense during games.
> That's one place I get it from... from Rex's mouth.

Two possibilities:

1. He didn't agree with what was called and he is good about not
calling out his coaches or passing the buck although I wold say that
is exactly what he is doing.

Rex is NOT from the coaching pedigree that would throw an assistant under
the bus or even criticize him publicly...never.

2. I dint say he made called all the plays, although he certainly gets
involved late in the game when they call time out, but I would bet he
has told Sanchez what he wants.

papa.carl44

Nov 15, 2010, 6:43:48 PM11/15/10

On Nov 15, 8:36 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 07:28:36 -0500, Deadmeat <no...@home.com> wrote:
> >Again, the point goes whooooooshing over your head. For some reason the
> >greatest player/coach that no ones ever heard of, needs to keep
> >reminding everyone of it.
>
> >I think it even annoys some of your brethren.
>
> Actually, you made your point clear, and I responded to it.
> Sorry, it didn't meet your limited view of what a response should be.
>
> That Carl gets annoyed by clueless posts, and reminds people that he knows
> what he's

> talking about... so? As for him saying he was the greatest player/coach
> ever, that's just
> your imagination & projection. Maybe you should pay attention to what he's
> actually
> saying, as opposed to your obvious sense of inferiority.
> A lot of people get annoyed, when anyone posts anything that challenges
> their ignorance.
> Me... I tend to respect opinions of those in the know. That's how I learn.

Burf, Carl has a very condesending attitude towards the fact that you
can't possibly know whay you're talking about unless you played the
game or coached. I or anyone here has never challenged Carl on this
but he feels more than obligated to remind us peons that we are not
part of the football coaching frat that he is and we should never
question him. Sorry but that will rub some of us the wrong way and you
are seeing Deadmeats response for just that reason. I happen to post
in the Fins NG every so often and I can tell you deadmeat is a good
guy, he's not a troll as Drumerboy is.

Deadmeat is a good guy? He is inflamatory but he's a good guy. I don't
know squat about the game, I retired a while ago. When I started playing we
got leather helmets. And...I never said people don't know football if they
haven't played it. I have said that ONLY watching TV is not a good way to
learn the game. For one, you just can't see all you need to see in terms of
reactions. That was one of the few reasons I like being able to go to the
games and see the live. Even in crappy weather you can see reactions of D
backs that you just don't get on TV. Glenn, the only thing I reacted to was
your comments that football was not that complicated and not rocket
science...that you had figured it out mostly from watching on TV. I don't
believe that can be completely true. I know people who never played, never
coached but who have read extensively about it, and taken time to study
things...not sports pundits, but actual instruction books talking about
offensive or defensive technique and strategy. Do you think Lou Holtz was
ever a star player...Hell no, he studied the game. Glenn, I'm sorry I
offended you yet again. I will refrain from responding to anything you say.
What I need to know though is, if I choose to post something that you don't
like, will you still fire off at me?

papa.carl44

Nov 15, 2010, 6:45:49 PM11/15/10

"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

So I can push your buttons too. But you can rip me...and I'm supposed to
back off and recant.

Deadmeat

Nov 15, 2010, 7:23:31 PM11/15/10

Well, if he's telling a story, that's one thing. The back in my playin
days, this thing happened to me, is fine. But when debating anything
football related, and there's a disagreement, it's back to the "me play
football, me coach football, me know better than you" BS. I'm sure
everyone in this group knows the background by now.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Michael

Nov 16, 2010, 12:30:14 PM11/16/10
On Nov 15, 7:23 pm, Deadmeat <no...@home.com> wrote:

> "me play football, me coach football, me know better than you"

me tarzan..you jane

Message has been deleted

Deadmeat

Nov 16, 2010, 2:05:49 PM11/16/10