SteAlers to pull out stops persuading Goodel to lower Ben's suspension to 3 games

`·.¸¸.·´¯)®åvÑsfån(¯`·.¸¸.·´

Sep 2, 2010, 7:58:45 PM9/2/10
Borea
September 2, 2010
(2 hours ago)

Art Rooney To Seek Three - Game Suspension Reduction For Roethlisberger
Friday

In direct defiance to the NFL Commissioner's publicly stated position on the
issue of suspension reduction, Art Rooney plans to bring all remaining
unpaid favors owed to his late father Art Rooney, Sr., and the Rooney
football family, to bear in pressuring NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, into
reducing Ben Roethlisberger's expected suspension reduction of 4 games down
to a 3 game suspension, during the Friday meeting.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that Ben Roethlisberger's representatives
will travel to and attend the New York meeting. The entourage however
consists mainly of Art Rooney, team attorneys and Ben's parents. All
appeared confident during a group photo session which followed the press
statements, that they can convince NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, to
reconsider his position against a three game reduction of Ben's anticipated
4 game suspension this Friday.

When the 3 game suspension reduction was first presented by Roethlisberger
and Art Rooney during the NFL commissioner's visit to Steelers training camp
back on August 5th, the commissioner appeared visibly disturbed and
responded in no uncertain terms, that Ben's suspension will not be reduced
lower than 4 games.

LMAO! I thought the Rooney had run out of league favors after 2005 & 2008,
apparently he doesn't think so. Perhaps they aren't favors but threats of
exposing past league meddling. All this to try prevent the Ravens inevitable
demolition of his team in week # four. Must be desperation to put it in
front of the press and NFL fans like this.

The steAlers cheating ways were obviously not as blatant as those they
accused the Patriots of undertaking a while back. None-the-less, bones not
buried deep will surface after the rains fall. In this case it's the tears
of Rooney and Urination that expose them.

--
Drew

"...I'm sending him to the kill file,
I suggest the rest of you do the same".
alt.sports.football.pro.pitt-steelers
*Strickland* - April 15, 2009

"...I guess I'll go back to my previous habit
of just ignoring your posts..."
alt.sports.football.pro.pitt-steelers
*Rocky*(the nutless squirrel) - Feb 23, 2010