sanchez

Ron

Aug 27, 2010, 8:41:29 PM8/27/10
6-12, 74 yds and a pick

he's shit.

LOL

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Aug 27, 2010, 10:03:23 PM8/27/10

With all these righttards making laws to arrest illegal aliens has
scared Sanchez!!!!

He is not looking down receivers, he is looking for immigration
officers!!!!

mr dude

Tutor

Aug 28, 2010, 9:59:55 AM8/28/10
Funny, this troll gives us an opportunity to discuss how Sanchez looks
so far. And in my view, it looks like he has not made as much
progress as hoped. Talk about Revis as much as you want, but the
defense will be effective with or without him. But if Sanchez plays
like he has the last 2 games, then this team will not be in the
playoffs. Right now he is the weak link in the chain. Also, the OL
doesn't have its sh*t together yet. Both Brick and Woody let pass
rushers get by which seemed totally regressed from their outstanding
pass blocking last season.

The only bright spot has been Ladainian Tomlinson, who has looked
really good so far. Shonn Greene also looks great. He is one tough
mofo to tackle. And McKinght... ugh. Can we have Leon back instead?

Harlan Lachman

Aug 28, 2010, 2:25:41 PM8/28/10
In article
<7faa004d-ae93-4d47...@a36g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
Tutor <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Yup except for the Leon mistake. Having Leon, his agent, and his wife
back without a big contract would have been continued distraction for
little value. While he looked good for a brief time last game, when we
traded him, there was no assurance he would come back as good as he was
nor is there still.

McKnight never made it in college -- he needs a shrink to get his head
in line with his talent. NFL teams don't go that route so I suspect he
will be gone in a year or two when he continues to screw up.

Johnny Morongo

Aug 28, 2010, 2:37:38 PM8/28/10
On Aug 28, 6:59 am, Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Funny, this troll gives us an opportunity to discuss how Sanchez looks
> so far.  And in my view, it looks like he has not made as much
> progress as hoped.  Talk about Revis as much as you want, but the
> defense will be effective with or without him.  But if Sanchez plays
> like he has the last 2 games, then this team will not be in the
> playoffs.  Right now he is the weak link in the chain.  Also, the OL
> doesn't have its sh*t together yet.  Both Brick and Woody let pass
> rushers get by which seemed totally regressed from their outstanding
> pass blocking last season.

Makes me wonder if we're back to the DaBrickOshit days.

> The only bright spot has been Ladainian Tomlinson, who has looked
> really good so far. Shonn Greene also looks great.  He is one tough
> mofo to tackle.  And McKinght... ugh.  Can we have Leon back instead?

IIRC, Leon didn't light anything up in his first pre-season either.
McKnight might still impress in the future. Here's hoping.

Tutor

Aug 28, 2010, 3:04:28 PM8/28/10
On Aug 28, 2:37 pm, Johnny Morongo

yeah... my main point was Sanchez. he locks on to receivers and is
struggling. He looked much better in the playoffs thannow. As for
the OL, it looks like the RG will have to be Slausson. Ducasse is not
ready. He looked very good at times last night and lost at other
times. I think they willeventually groom him to replace Woody at RT.
Brick just looked off yesterday. He's generally an outstnding pass
protector. Don't recall if the sack he allwoed was with Ducasse or
Slausson next to him. Both got lots of time. But Wooody's whiff was
just inexcusable and he looks to be about 20lbs too heavy and slower.

JetsFan34

Aug 28, 2010, 3:30:15 PM8/28/10
Tutor <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:7faa004d-ae93-4d47-8c6d-
8dde91...@a36g2000yqc.googlegroups.com:

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/28/will-sanchez-be-ready-for-
the-ravens/?ref=football

This NY Times article correctly points to Shottenheimer & Sanchez as a
COMBO that needs to get its act together and fast.

MZ

Aug 28, 2010, 3:45:44 PM8/28/10

You and Michael both seem to think Ducasse will transition to tackle,
but is there any indication that the coach has the same plans for him?
From what I understand, they used him exclusively at guard.

It's possible that Hunter is in their long term plans at tackle. Rex
spoke highly of him recently, and remember, he's not cheap this year so
they seem to think he's worth the price.

papa.carl44

Aug 28, 2010, 7:51:05 PM8/28/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

Leon was flat out good. It was never his fault that the OC never figured
out how to use the talent he had available....that was always a horror show
as far as I'm concerned. McNight? He needs to go somehwere and grow
up....I'd bet the house he does something really stupid both on and off the
field.

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Aug 28, 2010, 11:13:46 PM8/28/10
On Aug 28, 9:59 am, Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Funny, this troll gives us an opportunity to discuss how Sanchez looks
> so far.

I am not a troll. I have been a Jets fan since birth!!!!

mr dude (born on 12/15/2009)

JKConey

Aug 29, 2010, 2:39:01 AM8/29/10

"Ron" <ron...@yahoooooo.us> wrote in message

> 6-12, 74 yds and a pick
>
> he's shit.
>
> LOL

Still plays like a rookie out there. Slow to read, and slower to
react, then the impulsive dumb throw. Hope they don't think he's ready to
call his own plays yet, LOL. They better continue to keep it simple for him.
Clemens looks pretty good for a change, and Brunell looks awful.

--
JK Sinrod
www.myconeyislandmemories.com

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Aug 29, 2010, 10:10:01 AM8/29/10
In article <FqKdnSyhyf13PeTR...@giganews.com>,
"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:

No intelligent takers for that bet. I really do feel he is one of those
players for whom a team should insist on a behavioral psychologist. The
talent is there. The head is not. I like the concept of being f--ed up
rather than not grown up. I know lots of non-f--ed up younger peopole
who are not grown up.

BTW, the "good" comment I made about Leon had nothing to do with whether
Leon played flat out good for us. I was referring to his first Seattle
comeback preseason action. Based on that, it looks like Leon may
actually make it all the way back. Who knew?

I still believe that given his demands, his agent, and he and his wife's
whining, Leon was not the place to put our bucks. I like the extensions
to Brick and Mangold. I really hope we keep Harris (and understand how
the CBA prevents the right deal for him). I figure Revis is retired
because once he loses a year's salary, has huge fines, figures out he
and his agents lost the guaranteed option on the Jets option years, and
even maybe sits out the lockout, his only hope is if all contracts are
nullified. I don't think that happens and I don't see how Revis saves
face.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Aug 29, 2010, 2:32:34 PM8/29/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

OK...I can understand that...but if you are getting rid of Leon and
TJ...you've gotta come up with something more solid than McNight. I'm
pleasantly surprised at how LT looks and hope he can keep it up.

papa.carl44

Aug 29, 2010, 2:48:07 PM8/29/10

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

> On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 11:37:38 -0700 (PDT), Johnny Morongo
> <j.mir...@harmonicconcordance.com> wrote:
>
>>On Aug 28, 6:59 am, Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Funny, this troll gives us an opportunity to discuss how Sanchez looks
>>> so far. And in my view, it looks like he has not made as much
>>> progress as hoped. Talk about Revis as much as you want, but the
>>> defense will be effective with or without him. But if Sanchez plays
>>> like he has the last 2 games, then this team will not be in the
>>> playoffs. Right now he is the weak link in the chain. Also, the OL
>>> doesn't have its sh*t together yet. Both Brick and Woody let pass
>>> rushers get by which seemed totally regressed from their outstanding
>>> pass blocking last season.
>>
>>Makes me wonder if we're back to the DaBrickOshit days.
>
> As bad as Faneca was getting, he took pressure off Brick & Mangold.
> Now, both of them are on shaky ground with the LG position, probably
> feeling less
> confident, and watching over their shoulders, which could be a
> distraction.
> Hopefully, after a few games, the unit will jell.

>>> The only bright spot has been Ladainian Tomlinson, who has looked
>>> really good so far. Shonn Greene also looks great. He is one tough
>>> mofo to tackle. And McKinght... ugh. Can we have Leon back instead?
>>
>>IIRC, Leon didn't light anything up in his first pre-season either.
>>McKnight might still impress in the future. Here's hoping.
>

> Keller, Braylon, & of course, Cotch, look good. But can all of them be
> integrated into
> the O, at the same time?? We'll see in two Mondays... of course, that's
> also dependent
> upon Sanchez staying upright.

That sweeping change, civil rights amongst the Jets...the "integration"
policy will completely depend on Schott...you simply have to use the tools
available.

Johnny Morongo

Aug 29, 2010, 3:43:46 PM8/29/10
On Aug 28, 12:30 pm, JetsFan34 <noem...@noemail.com> wrote:
> Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:7faa004d-ae93-4d47-8c6d-
> 8dde91b14...@a36g2000yqc.googlegroups.com:

Great get, Fan. And exactly in tune with my tune this weekend.

Harlan Lachman

Aug 29, 2010, 3:57:13 PM8/29/10
In article <VP-dnbD8KvVeOufR...@giganews.com>,
"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:

Papa, so do the Jets.

The one good thing is that we can draft another RB next year and there
are always one or two year players like LT, Westbrook, LJ and others on
the market.

MZ

Aug 29, 2010, 4:18:27 PM8/29/10

Yeah, it's so weird how undervalued RBs are now, too. Probably the
cheapest position to fill on the roster, next to kickers, punters, and
snappers.

papa.carl44

Aug 29, 2010, 4:49:51 PM8/29/10

"MZ" <ma...@nospam.void> wrote in message

LOL...yup...it ain't football anymore...they really should find another name
for what they play.

MZ

Aug 29, 2010, 5:30:14 PM8/29/10

It's funny, this year Kevin Faulk was a free agent and the Pats offered
him a deal and he said he wanted to wait to see what other running backs
got. Turns out, after a few signed new deals (including Thomas Jones
and Ladanian Tomlinson), Faulk turned right around and accepted New
England's original offer. He couldn't believe how little those guys
were getting paid compared to similar players at other positions.

papa.carl44

Aug 29, 2010, 11:32:05 PM8/29/10

"MZ" <ma...@nospam.void> wrote in message

And what about the beating they take? I'm just way too old to appreciate
today's game...I liked a good running game.

JetsLife

Aug 29, 2010, 11:46:36 PM8/29/10

Leon is a luxury item who could only take away from the great Brad
Smith. Leon is out. I'd rather have Brad Smith & McKnight. Haven't you
seen McKnight's dynamism returning punts?

In RexBaum We Trust.

In the meantime, be very very careful about reading into preseason.
Only a fool would show his real cards before he has to.

I imagine we're a run-first offense just as we were last year. Relax
and get geared up for 9/13. Then we'll see.

John C TX

Aug 30, 2010, 9:33:45 AM8/30/10

The right side of the line sucks.

John C TX

Aug 30, 2010, 9:45:04 AM8/30/10
On Aug 29, 1:32 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>

wrote:
> "Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

> > In article <FqKdnSyhyf13PeTRnZ2dnUVZ_jadn...@giganews.com>,

> > "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:
>
> >> "Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

McKnight could turn into a good punt returner. Washington was good
returner & good TB. As much I would like to have him

I would like to know if Schott shut the offense down for pre-season or
is Ryan afraid to trust Sanchez. If they haven't shut it down
intentionally -- they threw deep more often with Pennington at QB--
the defense better be ready to score a TD/game. I guess the one thing
that gives me hope is that I haven't seen the Wildcat once and very
little with Brad Smith.

Johnny Morongo

Aug 30, 2010, 9:58:46 AM8/30/10

The right tackle does appear to be a step slow (shades of Adrain
Clark?) but Moore's still one of the best RGs in the league.

Message has been deleted

MZ

Aug 30, 2010, 10:42:53 AM8/30/10
graybeard wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 10:10:01 -0400 Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com>
> wrote:
>
>> BTW, the "good" comment I made about Leon had nothing to do with whether
>> Leon played flat out good for us. I was referring to his first Seattle
>> comeback preseason action. Based on that, it looks like Leon may
>> actually make it all the way back. Who knew?
>
> Several of us had no reason to believe that Leon could not return to
> form. Other athletes who have had the same injury and surgery have come
> back to play at their previous level. Of course, nothing in life is
> certain, but I would have bet on Leon over McKnight every time, and I
> said so at the time. In addition to possessing (IMO) superior talent and
> being tougher and smarter, Leon has ten times the maturity of McKnight
> and would have been a much better locker room presence and teammate.
> Leon = team first. McKnight = Joe first. As far as the wife and agent
> smoke screen that you keep throwing up, give me a break. She was annoyed
> at the Jets for getting rid of her husband after he was hurt, when he
> had been a good soldier and had given them everything he had for years.
> How would you expect your wife to react? And if you are going to get rid
> of every player whose agent you have issues with, you won't even be able
> to field a team.

In my best politician voice, "I approve of this message."

Michael

Aug 30, 2010, 12:47:15 PM8/30/10
On Aug 28, 3:04 pm, Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 28, 2:37 pm, Johnny Morongo
>

> <j.mireh...@harmonicconcordance.com> wrote:
> > On Aug 28, 6:59 am, Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > Funny, this troll gives us an opportunity to discuss how Sanchez looks
> > > so far.  And in my view, it looks like he has not made as much
> > > progress as hoped.  Talk about Revis as much as you want, but the
> > > defense will be effective with or without him.  But if Sanchez plays
> > > like he has the last 2 games, then this team will not be in the
> > > playoffs.  Right now he is the weak link in the chain.  Also, the OL
> > > doesn't have its sh*t together yet.  Both Brick and Woody let pass
> > > rushers get by which seemed totally regressed from their outstanding
> > > pass blocking last season.
>
> > Makes me wonder if we're back to the DaBrickOshit days.
>
> > > The only bright spot has been Ladainian Tomlinson, who has looked
> > > really good so far. Shonn Greene also looks great.  He is one tough
> > > mofo to tackle.  And McKinght... ugh.  Can we have Leon back instead?
>
> > IIRC, Leon didn't light anything up in his first pre-season either.
> > McKnight might still impress in the future.  Here's hoping.
>
> yeah... my main point was Sanchez.  he locks on to receivers and is
> struggling.  He looked much better in the playoffs thannow.  As for
> the OL, it looks like the RG will have to be Slausson.

You mean LG ??? Slauson will be plugged in as the starter where Faneca
was. That is on the left side. And Slauson has looked very good,
IMHO. Much better pass protector than Faneca. Slauson is also a power
run blocker. He is not as fast as Ducasse or as slick pulling as
Faneca was, but Slauson can really push guys off the ball. Like
Mangold said... "He's a mauler."

>Ducasse is not ready.  He looked very good at times last night and lost at other
> times.  I think they willeventually groom him to replace Woody at RT.

That was my exact feeling all along. I saw Vlad's college highlights
and his footwork was clumsy. It appeared to me he needed more work to
get up to speed than just one camp. Also... IMHO, once Vlad is
coached up, having him at guard is a waste of material. He's built
more like an ideal RT. He uses his long arms more like a tackle and
has the foot speed to handle the edge. One he learns more, he looks
to have elite upside as a tackle.

> Brick just looked off yesterday.  He's generally an outstnding pass
> protector.

Brick looked real bad. He got badly smoked no less than four times
this preseason. Faneca isnt around to tuck him in bed at night, or
what ???

Michael

Aug 30, 2010, 12:49:08 PM8/30/10
> The right side of the line sucks.- Hide quoted text -

moore and woody suck ???

papa.carl44

Aug 30, 2010, 2:19:21 PM8/30/10

"graybeard" <gray...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 10:10:01 -0400 Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com>
> wrote:
>
>>BTW, the "good" comment I made about Leon had nothing to do with whether
>>Leon played flat out good for us. I was referring to his first Seattle
>>comeback preseason action. Based on that, it looks like Leon may
>>actually make it all the way back. Who knew?
>
> Several of us had no reason to believe that Leon could not return to
> form. Other athletes who have had the same injury and surgery have come
> back to play at their previous level. Of course, nothing in life is
> certain, but I would have bet on Leon over McKnight every time, and I
> said so at the time. In addition to possessing (IMO) superior talent and
> being tougher and smarter, Leon has ten times the maturity of McKnight
> and would have been a much better locker room presence and teammate.
> Leon = team first. McKnight = Joe first. As far as the wife and agent
> smoke screen that you keep throwing up, give me a break. She was annoyed
> at the Jets for getting rid of her husband after he was hurt, when he
> had been a good soldier and had given them everything he had for years.
> How would you expect your wife to react? And if you are going to get rid
> of every player whose agent you have issues with, you won't even be able
> to field a team.
> --
> graybeard

Thanks gray...well said. And...it seems to me the Jets like head
cases...they sure seem to go out to get some of them, so why not take one
back who actually produces?

papa.carl44

Aug 30, 2010, 2:20:14 PM8/30/10

"MZ" <ma...@nospam.void> wrote in message

And so do I....that makes it a law I guess...wait a minute...the gentleman
from "any place South" is objecting.....

John C TX

Aug 30, 2010, 3:46:22 PM8/30/10

Horrible, how many sacks has Woody given up already. The right side
looks like crap on pass blocking & run blocking and we stack the right
side regularly not only with a TE but also Richardson.

Your man Slausson looks OK but Woody & Moore will not have the same
help they had last year. Slauson gets there but is late Maybe he is
young and will figure it out but both times he pulled when I noticed
he was late.

John C TX

Aug 30, 2010, 3:54:46 PM8/30/10

> Thanks gray...well said.  And...it seems to me the Jets like head
> cases...they sure seem to go out to get some of them, so why not take one
> back who actually produces?

This notion that Leon was a head case is just silly.

A 26 years old who in all likelihood was having his one big & final
payday messed with by the threat of strike says things that strike
some as greed. Please how many Harvard MBA's say & do stupid things.
He wants to be paid. His old lady wants to be paid & maybe his agent
should have done a better job.

The day after surgery I would have placed an incentive laden contract
in front of him. The sad thing is 10 teams will want him next year.

Michael

Aug 30, 2010, 4:48:21 PM8/30/10
> he was late.- Hide quoted text -

Woody has has not looked as good as last year, but Moore seemed OK. I
have to admit, I've been concentrating on watching Ducasse and
Slauson. A few times I Saw Slauson get over to the right well enough.
A few times he was late. I think he'll improve there. I like the
way he can tie his guy up for a good long time in pass protection. He
also pushess off the ball very well. Though, I think he may have a
hard time with very fast dt's that have moves. You cant bull rush
him, but the guy on the atlanta line knifed past him twice. IMHO,
the guy that has looked the worst has been Brick. He might be crossed
up now because he's got a new guy on his right. That is probably
gonna take time to iron out...

Michael

Aug 30, 2010, 4:50:37 PM8/30/10

pardon... carolina...

papa.carl44

Aug 30, 2010, 6:04:32 PM8/30/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Dead on...and that really IS the same old Jets story...they do this kind of
stuff in one way or another way too often.