Jared Odrick

Johnctx

Feb 12, 2010, 8:59:36 AM2/12/10
I watched 1/2 this video. Now it is one game, but this is a highlight reel?

http://www.wikio.com/video/2385490

Now I have to admit I am biased toward SEC players but if by some
miracle Dan Williams of Tenn drops I will be doing a dance. if the Pats
get him I will be sick.

Ian White

Feb 12, 2010, 4:13:15 PM2/12/10

Why on Earth would the Jets be looking at a RB in the first round?

--
Ian

Johnny Morongo

Feb 13, 2010, 11:55:39 AM2/13/10

Why would we want a guy who is described as:

Extremely inconsistent --- Effort / Motor runs hot and cold --- Does not
always use proper leverage --- Limited repertoire of moves --- Will not
offer much as a pass rusher --- Average hand use --- Struggles to get
off blocks at times --- Has serious issues with conditioning and stamina.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/DT/Dan-Williams.php

Johnctx

Feb 15, 2010, 9:51:48 AM2/15/10

DT

Johnctx

Feb 15, 2010, 10:09:02 AM2/15/10

One draft report which doesn't mean they are wrong. His stock went up
at the Senior Bowl. He can play DT & NG and he is huge.

I saw him play a few times and a buddy pointed him out to me.

Johnny Morongo

Feb 15, 2010, 1:12:35 PM2/15/10

Another scouting site says:
Odrick (ODD-rick) would be best served playing next to a bigger nose
tackle in the NFL, allowing him to work one on one against interior
linemen. His run defense should improve over time, and he can contribute
right away as an interior pass rusher. His best fit as a professional
may be in a cover 2 defense, or as a defensive end in a 3-4 alignment.
Currently he is a fringe first round prospect, but likely a second round
pick.

> I saw him play a few times and a buddy pointed him out to me.

When you saw him, did he, Gholston like, take plays off? How did he
look at the Senior Bowl?

I'm looking for the best DE or Best DB on the board at 28. If one of
the top guys is not there, rather than reaching for a WR, I'd like to
see us trade back for more lower round picks.

Johnctx

Feb 16, 2010, 9:19:29 AM2/16/10

The reports were good out the Senior bowl week. I saw him play against
Alabama which they almost won & Ole Miss where they got hammered. He was
very involved and seemed to be doing well at times against two good OL's.

Interesting about him playing 3-4 DE. He is a big man.

> I'm looking for the best DE or Best DB on the board at 28. If one of
> the top guys is not there, rather than reaching for a WR, I'd like to
> see us trade back for more lower round picks.

Johnny I hate 1st round picks. If we can get the player we want &
accumulate more picks I say do it. We only have picks in rounds 1, 2, 6
& 7 this year.

Message has been deleted

Johnctx

Feb 16, 2010, 3:58:30 PM2/16/10
graybeard wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:19:29 -0600 Johnctx <j...@spamtx.net> wrote:
>
>> Johnny I hate 1st round picks. If we can get the player we want &
>> accumulate more picks I say do it. We only have picks in rounds 1, 2, 6
>> & 7 this year.
>
> I believe we also have the Eagles' 5th round pick from the Lito Sheppard
> trade.

Gray I hope you are right but I don't see it.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Johnny Morongo

Feb 16, 2010, 9:35:01 PM2/16/10
graybeard wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 18:10:58 -0500 graybeard <gray...@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>> You may well be right. Between all the picks we traded to Philly for
>> Lito, to Cleveland for Edwards, and to Detroit for O'Connell, I've
>> completely lost track of what we have left.
>
> Then again, there's this:
>
> http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/2010NFLDraftCentral.asp
>
> BTW, the Jets own web site is one of the worst organized I've ever seen.
> I can never find anything on there.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, Gray. That site has needed a make-over
since the day it was introduced. This is NEW YORK, fer Criss sake.
Can't we get a site that is at least as good as the Bills?

Johnctx

Feb 17, 2010, 9:55:31 AM2/17/10
graybeard wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 18:10:58 -0500 graybeard <gray...@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:58:30 -0600 Johnctx <j...@spamtx.net> wrote:
>>
>> You may well be right. Between all the picks we traded to Philly for
>> Lito, to Cleveland for Edwards, and to Detroit for O'Connell, I've
>> completely lost track of what we have left.
>
> Then again, there's this:
>
> http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/2010NFLDraftCentral.asp
>
> BTW, the Jets own web site is one of the worst organized I've ever seen.
> I can never find anything on there.

Gray, thanks, that is the 1st time I found Wikipedea's draft page to be
wrong. I should know better.