Jason Taylor Press Conference

JetsLife

Apr 21, 2010, 6:52:50 PM4/21/10
I don't know if I've seen someone less excited to join the Jets since
Favre's presser. He even said the same thing: only reason I'm here is
to help this team win.

I'm not a hater like some others tho -- I take his comments with
pride. Us Jets fans can be a nasty lot. Tho a far cry from Raiders
fans, they are gang-banging animals. Lucky I made it out alive one of
the times I attended in Oakland. Learned my lesson to keep Jets gear/
cheering to a minimum.

Message has been deleted

Ritchie

Apr 22, 2010, 1:20:32 AM4/22/10

I hope he breaks his leg on his very first play. I don't want to
succeed with this asshole here. It would bother me to win a SB and
have this asshole get a ring.

Ian

Apr 22, 2010, 5:05:49 AM4/22/10

I'm willing to see if he plays like a Jet, for the Jets, on and off
the field.

All that trash talking he's done is just that, trash talking. Some
guys do it, others don't. What's important is what Jason Taylor thinks
now he's playing for the Jets. If he really hates [Jets/NYC/Jets Fans]
and his heart isn't into it, he'll receive the vitriol of the fans for
sure. If he starts hunting QBs (especially the Chads), then he'll be
fine. Kris Jenkins had a nice quote:-

"I think he will be a great addition to the team with his athleticism,
experience, and wisdom," Jenkins told The Associated Press in an e-
mail. "We have had time to get past the fishy smell of his past, but
now he will be enveloped with the fragrant smell of Jet fuel! Go
Jets!"

Ritchie,

Should the Jets win the Superbowl, would it bother you more Jason
Taylor getting a ring, assuming he plays the way we know he can play,
or Vernon Gholston getting one?

--
Ian

Ritchie

Apr 22, 2010, 7:09:28 AM4/22/10

Taylor getting one would bother me more.

yoyodog

Apr 22, 2010, 8:49:59 AM4/22/10

"Ritchie" <ritch...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ritchie, close your eyes and go back to 1998... Bryan Cox. Hated Fin
player. Troubled. Controversial.

How'd that end up?

He gave the Jets 2 solid years at linebacker (1998-2000) and 2 good years as
a LB coach (2006-2008).

Demetrios

Apr 22, 2010, 9:44:39 AM4/22/10
On Apr 22, 7:09 am, Ritchie <ritchie1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Taylor getting one would bother me more.

I dunno. Part of me thinks that it would eat away at the insides of
Jason Taylor to go through the rest of his life with a Superbowl ring
that he got while being a Jet. That sort of inner torment kinda makes
it okay for me.

I think he'd feel dirty inside. He'll never be embraced by the Jets
fans, ever, although he will be tolerated if his play is up to snuff.

D.

CaptMyng

Apr 22, 2010, 11:16:50 AM4/22/10

Taylor is a POS and I will never be able to accept him as a Jet.

Glenn Greenstein

Apr 22, 2010, 11:31:46 AM4/22/10
On Apr 22, 8:49 am, "yoyodog" <NOS...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Ritchie" <ritchie1...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Cox was not in the same class as Taylor. I think Cox had it in for
Bills fans more than Jets.
To tell you the truth the more I think about this prick being a Jet
the more sick it makes me.

Johnctx

Apr 22, 2010, 11:44:16 AM4/22/10
> To tell you the truth the more I think about this prick being a Jet
> the more sick it makes me.

I find it odd how high the passion is against Taylor. I think that if he
was dirty & kept his mouth shut we could deal with that easier than if
he was what he is which is a hardworking football player.

I could care less what he said. I just worry if he has anything left.

Ritchie

Apr 22, 2010, 12:37:03 PM4/22/10

> I dunno. Part of me thinks that it would eat away at the insides of
> Jason Taylor to go through the rest of his life with a Superbowl ring
> that he got while being a Jet. That sort of inner torment kinda makes
> it okay for me.

Hmm....never thought of it that way :)