Burress

1 view

JKConey

Mar 4, 2011, 9:23:42 PM3/4/11
Getting out in June. If he's in shape, (aren't all convicts buff?),
he'll play somewhere. Would you give him a shot? All head issues aside I
think he's a better WR than Edwards, and will be cheaper.

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

- Rob -

Mar 5, 2011, 12:41:22 AM3/5/11

From a purely talent perspective, I'd definitely give him a shot. He
has elite skills, an expressed desire to play again, and he'll
probably even come relatively cheaply due to the perceived "risk
factor." That said, you can't just ignore the "head issues." One of
the worst chapters in the guy's life happened in New York. So playing
in the shadow of that, with all of its incessant reminders, is no
trivial thing. Basically, can he handle it, or will seeing the past on
a daily basis impact his performance?

JKConey

Mar 5, 2011, 3:58:19 PM3/5/11

"- Rob -" <trance...@gmail.com> wrote in message

What's worse carrying a gun, or driving drunk?

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

Tutor

Mar 5, 2011, 5:54:27 PM3/5/11

would rather keep Edwards, to be honest. In my view, Edwards + Holmes
is the way to go.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Michael

Mar 7, 2011, 1:22:59 PM3/7/11
On Mar 7, 8:50 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > From a purely talent perspective, I'd definitely give him a shot. He
> > > has elite skills, an expressed desire to play again, and he'll
> > > probably even come relatively cheaply due to the perceived "risk
> > > factor." That said, you can't just ignore the "head issues." One of
> > > the worst chapters in the guy's life happened in New York. So playing
> > > in the shadow of that, with all of its incessant reminders, is no
> > > trivial thing. Basically, can he handle it, or will seeing the past on
> > > a daily basis impact his performance?
>
> >    What's worse carrying a gun, or driving drunk?
>
> >www.myconeyislandmemories.com
>
> A buddy has that gun.  He said the really stupid part isn't  that he
> was carrying.  It was that the round was chambered and the safety was
> off.  In his opinion that would have had to have been the case with
> that gun.
>
> If those are the facts then I have to say what he id was worse  than
> drunk driving.- Hide quoted text -

even worse than that, i'd guess. it appears to me as if a false
account was given by burress. even if you have that gun chambered and
with the safety off... you could drop it from 100 feet on to a hard
surface and it wont "just go off". i'd bet he was showing off with
the gun... brandishing it... playing cowboy... also... dropping that
gun a few feet (from his waste band) would not give the gun enough
enertia to have the trigger pulled back on contact with his finger.
even of the trigger directly contacted his finger on the way down.
though, it is hard to believe he'd get his finger inside the trigger
guard of a gun that fell out of his waste band. i dont think burress
is an ugly character. on that one day, he was a sublime knuckle
head.

Message has been deleted

Michael

Mar 7, 2011, 2:24:51 PM3/7/11
On Mar 7, 1:40 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > even worse than that, i'd guess.  it appears to me as if a false
> > account was given by burress.  even if you have that gun chambered and
> > with the safety off... you could drop it from 100 feet on to a hard
> > surface and it wont "just go off".  i'd bet he was showing off with
> > the gun... brandishing it... playing cowboy... also... dropping that
> > gun a few feet (from his waste band) would not give the gun enough
> > enertia to have the trigger pulled back on contact with his finger.
> > even of the trigger directly contacted his finger on the way down.
> > though, it is hard to believe he'd get his finger inside the trigger
> > guard of a gun that fell out of his waste band.  i dont think burress
> > is an ugly character.  on that one day, he was a sublime knuckle
> > head.
>
> He is a PITA so the worry is if you sign him & he is not getting the
> ball.  I guess you cut him if he acts up.

i dont know why the jets would want him. head case stuff asside... i
dont think he is a big head case... my objection would be performance
related. he's been out of the game for a while. who knows what he
can do, what he cant do... if he came real cheap, sure... why not...

Message has been deleted

Michael

Mar 7, 2011, 4:20:39 PM3/7/11
On Mar 7, 3:09 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > i dont know why the jets would want him.  head case stuff asside... i
> > dont think he is a big head case... my objection would be performance
> > related.  he's been out of the game for a while.  who knows what he
> > can do, what he cant do... if he came real cheap, sure... why not...
>
> If you don't pay him & he is incentive laden; he may go toxic. If he
> he worked hard in prison then he could have healed up the last two
> years and he is still young enough to be useful.

lots of if's... in the end, i think the jets want edwards and
santonio... if they feel confident that they can pull that off, they
probably wont chance burress... who knows... these days, nothing the
jets do would surprise me

MZ

Mar 7, 2011, 4:53:48 PM3/7/11
On Mar 7, 3:09 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > i dont know why the jets would want him.  head case stuff asside... i
> > dont think he is a big head case... my objection would be performance
> > related.  he's been out of the game for a while.  who knows what he
> > can do, what he cant do... if he came real cheap, sure... why not...
>
> If you don't pay him & he is incentive laden; he may go toxic. If he
> he worked hard in prison then he could have healed up the last two
> years and he is still young enough to be useful.

On the other hand, prison may have been a wakeup call and he may
behave like a perfect angel (for a season) like Vick. Once that
income shuts off and the fans are no longer lauding his every move, it
can be a humbling experience for these guys.

Message has been deleted