Sanchez

JKConey

Oct 12, 2010, 2:42:41 AM10/12/10
Still a long ways away from being in the top 10, no less elite. He got
hit, then he got scared, then he threw up some really bad passes. He's been
pretty lucky so far this year, thus 4-1. I'm not down on the kid, only
realistic. Yes there were some drops, but 5 FG when you're team is totally
dominant is not a good thing. He'll never be really good with Shot in tow.

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

Message has been deleted

Pete A

Oct 12, 2010, 7:18:54 AM10/12/10
> He'll never be really good with Shot in tow.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

John C TX

Oct 12, 2010, 8:48:47 AM10/12/10

He played OK. He did step back a little this week & seem to want to
outgun Favre. There were times when he tried to do too much. He
shoudl have been picked twice but he is light years ahead of where he
was even in the playoffs last year.

Take a look at Elway's & Aikman's numbers for years 1-3. It shoudl
provide comfort.

Message has been deleted

John C TX

Oct 12, 2010, 10:36:22 AM10/12/10
On Oct 12, 9:19 am, Glenn Greenstein <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> First off part of the game was played in a monsoon. There were also a
> number of drops where balls hit the receiver in the hands, one
> bouncing off Edwards chest.
> I would also say he was under pressure all night and had to get rid of
> the ball a few times before he wanted to.
> Lastly, give the Vikes D some credit. That is a very good defense.

That had an extra week to heal up & prepare. The Vikings were coming
off a bye week.

Tutor

Oct 12, 2010, 10:40:55 AM10/12/10
On Oct 12, 10:19 am, Glenn Greenstein <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 12, 2:42 am, "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> First off part of the game was played in a monsoon. There were also a
> number of drops where balls hit the receiver in the hands, one
> bouncing off Edwards chest.
> I would also say he was under pressure all night and had to get rid of
> the ball a few times before he wanted to.
> Lastly, give the Vikes D some credit. That is a very good defense.

It only rained at the very end of the 2nd qtr and in the 3rd qtr. IT
was dry the rest of the game. Sanchez has been lucky more than a few
times with passes that were sure picks that were dropped by
defenders. But also, last night Jes receiving hands were like frying
pans out there. Holmes, Edwards , particularly Keller, even LT all
had trouble catching the ball. I'll take this ugly win gladly. For a
sophomore starting QB with very little college starting experience,
you have to be pleased. I know I am.

Harlan Lachman

Oct 12, 2010, 10:58:22 AM10/12/10
In article <i91015$ql8$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote:

Depends on what you mean by really good.

In good and bad weather, so far, he has zero fumbles and zero
interceptions (thanks to at least three drops, but hoping for some is
not unreasonable). He has three games with three passing TDs.

He might have had one in this game if Keller, Holmes and Braylon had had
better hands and not each missed at least two completions. I believe
Cotch missed one too.

He made some tough third down throws.

We are very lucky to have this guy and Shott has obviously helped him
develop into a good Qb in just his second season -- at least for the
first five games.

harlan

A J

Oct 12, 2010, 2:12:47 PM10/12/10
On Oct 12, 2:42 am, "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote:

He's been REALLY GOOD for the past 3 weeks, and unless I'm mistaken,
Schotty was calling those games.

I just don't get it, when he plays to a 100+ rating, Schotty isn't
mentioned,
but a 1 point loss to the Ravens, and now an ugly win against a
premier D,
and it's ALL Schotty's fault?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

A good D makes even great Q B's look bad sometimes.

Just look at Tom's #'s against us in week 2.

When I look at the 5 game sample, I have to say I have no problem with
Schotty

For me, playing a highly contested game against a quality opponent
and
finding a way to win, albeit ugly, is the sign of a very good team.

Just My Opinion.......................

A J

Oh, and BTW, he's currently ranked 11th in passer rating.

Johnny Morongo

Oct 12, 2010, 3:00:14 PM10/12/10

Here here!

Johnny Morongo

Oct 12, 2010, 3:01:15 PM10/12/10
On Oct 12, 7:58 am, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article <i91015$ql...@news.eternal-september.org>,

Good call, H.

Johnny Morongo

Oct 12, 2010, 3:11:36 PM10/12/10
On Oct 12, 11:12 am, A J <a...@fogliettaandson.com> wrote:
> On Oct 12, 2:42 am, "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> >    Still a long ways away from being in the top 10, no less elite. He got
> > hit, then he got scared, then he threw up some really bad passes. He's been
> > pretty lucky so far this year, thus 4-1. I'm not down on the kid, only
> > realistic.  Yes there were some drops, but 5 FG when you're team is totally
> > dominant is not a good thing.  He'll never be really good with Shot in tow.
>
> > --
>
> >www.myconeyislandmemories.com
>
> He's been REALLY GOOD for the past 3 weeks, and unless I'm mistaken,
> Schotty  was calling those games.
>
> I just don't get it, when he plays to a 100+ rating, Schotty isn't
> mentioned,
> but a 1 point loss to the Ravens, and now an ugly win against a
> premier D,
> and it's ALL Schotty's fault?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I don't think I've seen anyone say that it's ALL Shitty's fault,
AJ...but he does seem to have a propensity to choke in tight spots and
call plays with no apparent plan. And Sanchez's improvement this year
is almost certainly due to his own really diligent work this off
season. Shitty still is a "shoe box" play caller. Sanchez has
improved and therefore the Offense has improved. Shitty has been, and
will remain, something less that a top tier OC. There are at least 5
teams that might be dumb enough though to go after him as a HC for
next year. I, for one, will be glad to hold the door open for him.

John C TX

Oct 12, 2010, 3:12:58 PM10/12/10

Hasselbeck said that he texted several QB's while at the game. He
said they all said the Pink Ribbon ball sucks and was slippery.

Grinch

Oct 12, 2010, 6:08:04 PM10/12/10
On Oct 12, 2:12 pm, A J <a...@fogliettaandson.com> wrote:
> On Oct 12, 2:42 am, "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> >    Still a long ways away from being in the top 10, no less elite. He got
> > hit, then he got scared, then he threw up some really bad passes. He's been
> > pretty lucky so far this year, thus 4-1. I'm not down on the kid, only
> > realistic.  Yes there were some drops, but 5 FG when you're team is totally
> > dominant is not a good thing.  He'll never be really good with Shot in tow.
>
> > --
>
> >www.myconeyislandmemories.com
>
> He's been REALLY GOOD for the past 3 weeks, and unless I'm mistaken,
> Schotty  was calling those games.
>
> I just don't get it, when he plays to a 100+ rating, Schotty isn't
> mentioned,

Well THAT's not Schott's fault.

Nobody says *everything* is Schott's fault. That would be
unreasonable.

John C TX

Oct 13, 2010, 9:40:32 AM10/13/10
On Oct 12, 2:11 pm, Johnny Morongo

Alright Johnny, I threw this at Papa a few weeks ago. I asled him to
name the OC's that he thought were good. I got a list that included
guys from 20 & 30 years ago, head coaches, & Dan Henning. So let me
know who the geniuses are out there?

I want you to think about something else. MZ, who along with Papa
provides some great commentary & analysis, & who by the way isn't a
fan of Schott's play calling, pointed out the poor game plan Schott
attempted by hoping to run on the Ravens. Well the Vikings defense is
stout vs. the run and people in here were screaming to run the ball
more. Did it occur to these geniuses that our passing in the 1st half
forced MN to adjust, allowing for some big runs in both the 1st & 2nd
half?

btw Schott will probably be gone next year and my guess is we will be
OK because Sanchez should keep getting better but why don't you and
all the other commies in here give Schott some credit. Sanchez is a
better QB, as Tutor points out, than most of his peers over the last
4-5 years. Maybe it is Sanchez but maybe Schott & company as well.