Anyone hear any talk about a Rex-Shotty fight after the game ???

Michael

Sep 14, 2010, 10:38:33 PM9/14/10
I just heard bits of an interview of Rex on 1050 that was recorded
earlier today. The interviewer asked Rex if there was any truth to a
reported shoving match between him and Schotty about the play
calling. Rex grimly said there was no truth to it. For once, he did
not follow up with sweet talk about how wonderful Schotty is. IMHO,
Rex knows Schotty is a problem but he cant say it out loud because
Schotty is Woody's guy. This is some what supported by Rex's
intervention last season. Also supported by all the candy coating and
ass kissing Rex has done in the past when speaking about Shotty. You
can tell by his voice and language style that he's just paying
political lip service with all false enthusiasm that he can muster.
I'm betting that when all is said and done, this is the truth that
will come out. We just need to wait for the ligjhtbulb to go off over
Woody's head before they unload Shotty with a stellar review for the
next buyer.

yoyodog

Sep 14, 2010, 10:47:49 PM9/14/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

We can only hope...

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Sep 15, 2010, 8:47:20 AM9/15/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

EUREKA....hello???? that's what I've been saying for a while now....Schott
stayed because Woody wanted him to, and Tannenbaum is the guy wo gets to
play the middle. Rex wanted very badly to be a head coach, maybe too badly
for his own good and he accepted this deal. I think where you've got it
wrong is the lightbulb going off over Woody's head.....guys like him never
make mistakes.

papa.carl44

Sep 15, 2010, 8:52:22 AM9/15/10

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
> I'm at the point, I'd sacrifice a few wins, if it meant Rex would wake up
> & send him
> packin'.

I don't think Rex can....I think Rex took this deal with Schott as part of
it. All this BS started around the stadium hype, going to NYC....once Woody
has his business end of things in place the rest becomes insignificant to
him. I'd also guess the flamboyant personality of Rex is not exactly
winning him points with Mr. Johnson. Let's see how this plays, they have a
lot going on if you include the reporter harrassment deal too...none of this
is going to make a guy like Woody happy.

John C TX

Sep 15, 2010, 9:53:54 AM9/15/10
On Sep 15, 7:52 am, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "buRford" <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

> > On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 19:38:33 -0700 (PDT), Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net>

Papa, if the boss thinks he sucks & the boss has an alternative he
should sack him. No one has been thinking about this more than me,
OK, maybe you & buRf, Johnny, etc. etc. but if this doesn't fit bring
in an assistant OL coach & let Callahan wear two hats. You don''t
need to bkow up teh offense just change the play calling if Ryan
thinks that is the problem. If Callahan & Cavanaugh isn't the answer
about Jeff Jagodzinski.

The problem may well be Sanchez or his confidence.

Harlan Lachman

Sep 15, 2010, 10:05:50 AM9/15/10
In article <IJidndkSfvQaXA3R...@giganews.com>,
"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:

This is bogus for all of the reasons and possible Rex interventions
posted elsewhere.

Harlan

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Sep 15, 2010, 10:22:32 AM9/15/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

You need to study history. Schott has messed with a whole bunch of QB's and
offenses and none of them worked. IF Sanchez is that bad....they needed to
do something in the off season or in camp and if they didn't it's on the
entire organization. But most important, you missed what I'm saying. I
never said blow up the whole organization, not even close to that. I said
that Schott's presence, his father hanging around with Woody, Schott being
there before Rex with some speculation he may get the head job all adds up
to a lot of talk I've heard, and some from good sources, that Rex got the
job with Schott as part of the package. Just like it was Woody's idea to
bring in Favre and that eventually ended up with him firing Mancini. I did
not like Mancini, but there is a right and wrong way to do things. To me,
this organization does not look like they have a good plan in place for
running football...maybe some of their business stuff, but not football, and
I think the owner is way too involved. Why was he on the field all the time
during training camp? If you mean the boss as Woody...then the answer is
obvious, Woody doesn't think he sucks, and Woody doesn't know much about how
the game is played, that much was very obvious by his comments on Hard
Knocks. You can ask this question about a huge number of big
corporations....how about BP? This is a culture that never makes a mistake,
never looks at themselves and if Woody is invested in some way with Schott
it is going to be a long, long time before he admits he made a mistake on
that one.

papa.carl44

Sep 15, 2010, 10:23:58 AM9/15/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

So Rex hired Schott????? And show me all these Rex interventions...where?
Where elsewhere? If Rex fires him I'm wrong...if he doesn't....explain it
to me.

Michael

Sep 15, 2010, 10:41:40 AM9/15/10
On Sep 15, 8:47 am, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

papa... i think there is hope. woody wont admit to a mistake, but if
nothing else he has shown time and time again that he is willing to
take action and make changes. he is not football smart to make the
correct decision the first time around or even the second time
around... but... he is smart enough to keep making changes until
things start working... i think part of the reason woody loves schotty
is becaus he actually thinks schotty is as smart as the "experts" say
he is. now... here is why i think there is hope. there is not a
single person that would say that rex does not know what he is doing.
they may not like his bluster, but he is agknowledged as a mastermind
for designing a defense and also as a guy players love. guys respond
to him. the jets lost the ravens game, but not because of rex. the
defense played the fucking balls off. the jets special teams was
amazing. rex's star is rising and schotty is now MORE AND MORE being
called out on the sports talk shows, the blogs and the press. heck,
even johnc is may join us now. Woody needs to be hit in the head with
a hammer a few times, but he'll eventually figure it out.

John C TX

Sep 15, 2010, 12:11:26 PM9/15/10
On Sep 15, 9:22 am, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:dd6a2149-2984-4bb3...@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com...

That isn't true. The offense was good based on the talent year one.
Maybe Pennigton but the running game & talent was non-existent.

>IF Sanchez is that bad....they needed to
> do something in the off season or in camp and if they didn't it's on the
> entire organization.  But most important, you missed what I'm saying.  I
> never said blow up the whole organization, not even close to that.  I said
> that Schott's presence, his father hanging around with Woody, Schott being
> there before Rex with some speculation he may get the head job all adds up
> to a lot of talk I've heard, and some from good sources, that Rex got the
> job with Schott as part of the package.  Just like it was Woody's idea to
> bring in Favre and that eventually ended up with him firing Mancini.  I did
> not like Mancini, but there is a right and wrong way to do things.  To me,
> this organization does not look like they have a good plan in place for
> running football...maybe some of their business stuff, but not football, and
> I think the owner is way too involved.  Why was he on the field all the time
> during training camp?  If you mean the boss as Woody...then the answer is
> obvious, Woody doesn't think he sucks, and Woody doesn't know much about how
> the game is played, that much was very obvious by his comments on Hard
> Knocks.  You can ask this question about a huge number of big
> corporations....how about BP?  This is a culture that never makes a mistake,
> never looks at themselves and if Woody is invested in some way with Schott
> it is going to be a long, long time before he admits he made a mistake on
> that one.

PC, I don't think you read my post. You have a bias against Woody
which could be fair.I don't like him playing football coach/GM?etc.

I am talking about Ryan. If he is fighting with his OC or he doesn't
believe in him he should go.

btw your posts mix in with previous posts (maybe only in Google) but
if you could draw a line it would help. Sometimes I think you are
repeating me & I think you are brilliant. Everyone else may think you
are crazy.

papa.carl44

Sep 15, 2010, 2:00:35 PM9/15/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

LOL...it only matters if each of us think ourselves are brilliant....All any
of us are really doing is BS'ing and offering our opinions. It's cathartic
to have an opinion when you are a fan of this team. I agree with you about
what Rex ought to do...my bias against Woody is mostly because he had an
opportunity to have some great coaches here and opted for The Preacher.
Think about it.....one of the candidates at that time was Henning, and he
would most likely have brought Hailey, and Wisenhunt on board with him at
that point....most of what I say is an educated guess and some of it comes
from having met some people back in the day. All I'd like to do is watch
and root for a decent team while I'm still around. I'm beginning to think
that will not happen. I can't just shift to another team, won't work.

papa.carl44

Sep 15, 2010, 2:05:31 PM9/15/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

I admit...I'm a pessimist....it used to keep me angry enough to get it done.
:-)

papa.carl44

Sep 15, 2010, 2:04:14 PM9/15/10

> I actually think Woody probably likes Rex a lot.
> He's an overly conservative, prim & proper, Country Club type guy... Rex
> is probably a
> novelty to Woody... a guy who is what he is, with no pretense.

OK...you could be right, likes him...but does he respect him or does he like
him like I like my misbehaving dog? Guys like the conservative, prim &
proper businessmen have levels of liking I think. And...I really don't
know.

John C TX

Sep 15, 2010, 3:28:32 PM9/15/10

> OK...you could be right, likes him...but does he respect him or does he like
> him like I like my misbehaving dog?  Guys like the conservative, prim &
> proper businessmen have levels of liking I think.  And...I really don't
> know.

Businessman? Granted there are men out there with IV after their name
but Woody, except for the Jets has been a philanthropist.

I agree that Woody likes Ryan most people who see him talk more than
10 seconds seem to like him.

Johnny Morongo

Sep 15, 2010, 3:57:49 PM9/15/10

Actually, EVERYONE thinks that you're brilliant. And in the world of
the bald, a one haired man is king. Would I lie to you?

John C TX

Sep 15, 2010, 4:31:15 PM9/15/10
> Actually, EVERYONE thinks that you're brilliant.  And in the world of
> the bald, a one haired man is king.  Would I lie to you?

That is why I stick around. You are all bad judges of character.

Harlan Lachman

Sep 15, 2010, 5:11:42 PM9/15/10
In article <ANqdnbpBrt2dSg3R...@giganews.com>,
"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:

Three viable and two possible Interventions proving Rex, and Rex alone,
is responsible:

1. Rex comes out and throws Shott under a bus, blaming him for the
offense failing to produce a single score in spite of all the breaks and
the embarrassment of the offense not being ready as evidenced by fumbles
and drops. Tanny's and Woody's hands are forced. No way they take-on Rex
and his successful D was great even after losing Jenkins and the Pit by
siding with the impotent Shott.

2. Rex takes away play calling ability from Shott. If he announces it,
Shott's credibility is shot. He could give it to Westhead, Callahan, Qb
Coach, or keep it himself (IMHO too risky).

3. Rex takes away game planning authority. Same cast of characters. Same
option of going public or not. Going public forcing Tanny's and Woody's
hand.

4. I am sure that if someone younger and clever thought about it, they
could create more. I don't use Twitter or Facebook but I imagine there
are ways to undercut someone.

5. I don't actually know how the media works in sports or in this
millenium but in my field, if you knew a media person and sat them down
in a confidential way (this being before the flood of course), a series
of positive or negative articles would invariably result. Rex could let
a favored Mediaot, Lardo or Cimini, do the heavy lifting. His silent
support would ensure the Mediaot would get away with it.

In none of these does Rex use hiring and firing authority he may not
have. In all of them, Shott's credibility is shott and he likely leaves
one way or the other. If the right person takes on those duties
enumerated above, things may even get better.

Harlan

Harlan Lachman

Sep 15, 2010, 5:13:21 PM9/15/10
In article <YISdnajcWvc0Sw3R...@giganews.com>,
"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:

Unless Rex employs any or all of the options I enumerated.

Johnny Morongo

Sep 15, 2010, 9:37:32 PM9/15/10
On Sep 15, 1:31 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...You are all bad judges of character.

Exactly, proven by the fact thatwe keep responding to you. ;)