Conner

JKConey

Sep 3, 2010, 12:06:27 AM9/3/10
This Terminator worship is going too far. The guy is totally one
dimensional, and has hands like cement. I'd keep him on specials, but hope
they don't lose one of these good RB's because of the hype. He's not that
good. Anyone else agree?

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

papa.carl44

Sep 3, 2010, 12:32:53 AM9/3/10

"JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Yup...you are right. I was at the Linc tonight...both sets of #2's did not
look very good...the Eagles are not a good team at all....my son works in
Philly and around a lot of savy sports guys....that seems to be the talk and
with low expectations....they didn't even have a live scrimage with another
team....Vick should have hit several guys for TD's...he flat out does not
see the field. I thought Kellen looked better than Brunell and Joe McNight
needs to go take a hike...he dances way the Hell too much.

Michael

Sep 3, 2010, 9:48:53 AM9/3/10
On Sep 3, 12:06 am, "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote:
>    This Terminator worship is going too far. The guy is totally one
> dimensional, and has hands like cement. I'd keep him on specials, but hope
> they don't lose one of these good RB's because of the hype. He's not that
> good. Anyone else agree ?

the terminator is good as a lead blocker or special teams guy. who
knows if he can learn to carry the ball or not. as of yet, i have not
seen enough to know if he can be a help picking up guys going after
the qb. still.. being a good lead blocker is nothing to sneez at.
moose made a career of it with the cowboys.

i like the way chauncey washington looked. wonder if he can produce
agaisnt first team defenders ???

mcnight's only hope for making the practice squad is that he was a
draft pick.

i was glad to see both brunell and clemens get some production.

John C TX

Sep 3, 2010, 10:14:23 AM9/3/10

Rex said McKnight was on the team. We had Leon Washington.

Michael

Sep 3, 2010, 10:22:42 AM9/3/10
> Rex said McKnight was on the team.  We had Leon Washington.- Hide quoted text -

he's on the active roster ??? wow. i thought they might stick him on
the practice squad. And yes... I would have held on to Leon. He did
a lot for the jets and the fans liked him.

Message has been deleted

Tutor

Sep 3, 2010, 10:35:39 AM9/3/10
On Sep 3, 10:33 am, Denise Cohen <spookymoon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > a lot for the jets and the fans liked him.- Hide quoted text -

> he would have to clear waivers to make the PS.  As bad as he is, I
> think another team would pick him up (Seatle, Cleveland for instance)- Hide quoted text -

damn. wife's art google account again.

spam alert: spookymoonart.com

Harlan Lachman

Sep 3, 2010, 11:28:47 AM9/3/10
In article
<20f1a8c9-252a-46db...@i4g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
Michael <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote:

Not me. Glad his irrational salary demands, whiney wife, lousy agent are
all gone.

Too bad about McKnight. Wish they had the balls to cut him. Production
is what is key and this guy has not had it since HS.

harlan

Johnny Morongo

Sep 3, 2010, 12:41:40 PM9/3/10

You wife's got a good eye. How she picked you though....

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Sep 3, 2010, 2:04:23 PM9/3/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

McKnight looked horrendous from what I saw...and, he did not block either.
I had a very good view of things, it is a very nice stadium...I had never
been there before....McKnight is one of those guys who thinks his speed is
much greater than it is...he dances way too much, is tentative, looks to go
outside and makes the cut inside too late...plus he fumbles.

I can't agree with you on Washington. His wife only spoke out after the
Jets decided to get rid of him....right here in my own neighborhood there
are wives who shout like crazy for their husbands to get more, more,
more...that is not a big deal. It's all about production and play on the
field....the Jets are going to regret this move.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Sep 3, 2010, 7:02:07 PM9/3/10

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
> McKnight's just another NFL head-case walking ego. Too bad we drafted
> him, as he'll be
> taking up a roster spot, unfortunately.
> I do like the other Washington kid, & USC product, Chauncey. Tough
> runner, with a great
> attitude.
> He was interviewed after the game, and seems like an intelligent,
> confident kid, with his
> head on straight. Kinda surprised two other teams have already released
> him, previously.

I always wonder, why play these game if they already are decided on keeping
the head case? The others outplayed him.

Message has been deleted

JKConey

Sep 3, 2010, 11:14:19 PM9/3/10

OK I'm going on record as the only one here that likes what I see in
McKnight. Explosive punt returns, and I like the side stepping tacklers
through the holes. He can learn to hold the ball better, and perhaps grow up
a bit. I see lots of potential in the kid.

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

papa.carl44

Sep 3, 2010, 11:41:02 PM9/3/10

"JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote in message

His first move is always to the outside...always looking
out.....sidestepping is a good thing..dancing in the hole is not, I don't
think we ever see it all on TV...only in a wider shot...I hope I'm wrong.

Harlan Lachman

Sep 4, 2010, 9:58:26 AM9/4/10
In article <i5sdju$5li$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote:

> OK I'm going on record as the only one here that likes what I see in
> McKnight. Explosive punt returns, and I like the side stepping tacklers
> through the holes. He can learn to hold the ball better, and perhaps grow up
> a bit. I see lots of potential in the kid.

It seems you are the only one. I will go on record too. Unless the Jets
pay for a performance shrink to fix what ails Joe M, he will never
amount to anything. His problems are not physical.

harlan

JKConey

Sep 4, 2010, 1:30:49 PM9/4/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

My eyes are as old as yours Harlan. Between the 2 of us, we're lucky we
can see Rex's belly!

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

papa.carl44

Sep 4, 2010, 3:23:25 PM9/4/10

"JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote in message

What's up with his lap band procedure? He is eating constantly.....they can
see his belly from outer space...pick it up on a sattelite system I think.
Like I should talk :-)

Harlan Lachman

Sep 5, 2010, 11:17:47 PM9/5/10
In article <CKmdnb0yOc4wAR_R...@giganews.com>,
"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:

As an almost lifetime weight problem person, I thought that lap bands
were an over hyped expensive surgical procedure preying on those like me
who would sell their soul for an easy solution.

My research indicated that the risks were real. That the procedure did
nothing to address the psychology of over indulgent eating (the need to
eat to celebrate happiness, sadness, drink too many fine wines, eat
wonderful desserts, etc.) but only moderate hunger which most of us who
have no power over food do not feel anyway.

My niece tried the surgery and lost a lot of weigh but put enough on to
still be much to heavy.

I hope Rex lost enough to stay alive long enough to coach this team for
a decade and bring us a SB or three.

But lap bands should be playing for live lap dances.

harlan

John C TX

Sep 7, 2010, 10:24:44 AM9/7/10
On Sep 4, 8:58 am, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article <i5sdju$5l...@news.eternal-september.org>,

>  "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote:
> >      OK I'm going on record as the only one here that likes what I see in
> > McKnight. Explosive punt returns, and I like the side stepping tacklers
> > through the holes. He can learn to hold the ball better, and perhaps grow up
> > a bit. I see lots of potential in the kid.
>
> It seems you are the only one. I will go on record too. Unless the Jets
> pay for a performance shrink to fix what ails Joe M, he will never
> amount to anything. His problems are not physical.
>
> harlan

I like him as a returner and they gave him $570K bonus and that is why
he is staying. He showed some toughness.

Remember he & Leon (ugh, ruined the off season) had similar college
numbers and both were all world coming out of HS. Maybe there is hope.

John C TX

Sep 7, 2010, 10:26:54 AM9/7/10
On Sep 5, 10:17 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article <CKmdnb0yOc4wAR_RnZ2dnUVZ_redn...@giganews.com>,
>

>  "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:
> > "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > > "Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

H, I assume you have looked at everything. What do you think of the
Paleo. It is amazing when he I follow it 100% the fat comes off.

Harlan Lachman

Sep 7, 2010, 6:45:31 PM9/7/10
In article
<154884d8-289f-4233...@y11g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Paleo

John, no one looks at everything. Atkins, Weight Watchers, NutriSystem,
the Grapefruit diet, have all shed 50 or more pounds off my bulk at one
time.

I tried a quick google search and missed the right link. Any good place
to read about it.

Likely, I will restart Nutrisystem this month. Unless something seems
more appropriate.

But the truth is, I like eating fatty foods and drinking too much wine
(and an occasional single malt or martini), too much to hold much hope.

harlan

Harlan Lachman

Sep 7, 2010, 6:46:19 PM9/7/10
In article
<42a7f838-a6f9-47b4...@v41g2000yqv.googlegroups.com>,

John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

I would love to be wrong on this one. He has the talent. Most folks
benefit from a solid head on their shoulders.

harlan

Message has been deleted

John C TX

Sep 8, 2010, 9:02:02 AM9/8/10
On Sep 7, 5:45 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <154884d8-289f-4233-8079-61e00d4e3...@y11g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

>  John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Paleo
>
> John, no one looks at everything. Atkins, Weight Watchers, NutriSystem,
> the Grapefruit diet, have all shed 50 or more pounds off my bulk at one
> time.
>
> I tried a quick google search and missed the right link. Any good place
> to read about it.
>
> Likely, I will restart Nutrisystem this month. Unless something seems
> more appropriate.
>
> But the truth is, I like eating fatty foods and drinking too much wine
> (and an occasional single malt or martini), too much to hold much hope.
>
> harlan

H, heck this guy out. His is a modified Paleothic diet and he
suggests shooting for 100% compliance but doing it 80% of the time. He
realizes people like drinking, ice cream, etc

www.marksdailyapple.com

Not a lunatic Atkins type diet and very sustainable.His entire plan is
that carbs are the problem not fat. For quick burn of body fat stay
under 50g, for steady & consistent burn stay under 100g of carbs & you
should get them via vegetables & some fruit. The tough part early on
is no bread or grains so you are eating protein and green
vegetables. The fitness he talks about is very sustainable and
enjoyable. I am down two belt sizes.

There is a movie called Fathead (torrents have it). It is a
documentary done after Supersize Me. He tries to get the food journal
of that guy --unsuccessfully-- but he then goes & has 3 meals a day at
fast food restaurants and loses 15 pounds in a month.

I'll shut up. I am starting to sound like a Moonie.

John C TX

Sep 8, 2010, 9:02:27 AM9/8/10
On Sep 7, 6:49 pm, graybeard <graybe...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 18:45:31 -0400 Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com>
> wrote:
>

> >In article
> ><154884d8-289f-4233-8079-61e00d4e3...@y11g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

> > John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Paleo
>
> >John, no one looks at everything. Atkins, Weight Watchers, NutriSystem,
> >the Grapefruit diet, have all shed 50 or more pounds off my bulk at one
> >time.
>
> >I tried a quick google search and missed the right link. Any good place
> >to read about it.
>
> >Likely, I will restart Nutrisystem this month. Unless something seems
> >more appropriate.
>
> >But the truth is, I like eating fatty foods and drinking too much wine
> >(and an occasional single malt or martini), too much to hold much hope.
>
> >harlan
>
> Forget about the Paleolithic diet then - no alcohol allowed.
> --
> graybeard

Gray, see my last post.

papa.carl44

Sep 8, 2010, 12:01:08 PM9/8/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

www.marksdailyapple.com

Just don't try and sell us flowers. Or come knocking on my door with that
vapid smile on your face.

John C TX

Sep 8, 2010, 12:12:03 PM9/8/10
> Just don't try and sell us flowers.  Or come knocking on my door with that
> vapid smile on your face.

papa, when I show up at anyone's door I guarantee I am the only one
smiling.

papa.carl44

Sep 8, 2010, 1:01:25 PM9/8/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

We lived in Westchester Co. for several years in the 70's...and the Moonie
compound was not too far from our apartment complex....they did learn to
take note of me after a time.

JKConey

Sep 10, 2010, 8:49:56 PM9/10/10
Harlan I don't know if we ever spoke about this before but... I've been
eating low carb for 10 years now. It's not a diet anymore, it's the way I
eat forever. Down 40 lbs from my high, and not in anyway fit, but gradually
losing and keeping it off. No bread, potatoes, pasta. Sugar is the enemy,
not fat. I eat lots of meat, fat and veggies. I've eaten like a pig at
Vegas buffets for 3-4 days, and actually come home down a lb or 2. All my
bloodwork numbers are improved.

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

MZ

Sep 10, 2010, 8:56:49 PM9/10/10

Crap. How do you live without bread, potatoes, and pasta? I think I'd
jump off a bridge.

JKConey

Sep 11, 2010, 11:46:16 AM9/11/10

"MZ" <ma...@nospam.void> wrote in message

Once you get past the first 3 days, all cravings are totally gone. I
don't miss it at all. If I accidentally have a soda with sugar now, I have a
stomach ache. You can't believe how addicted we are to starch and sugar. I
don't feel sorry for myself because I can eat all the prime rib, steak,
butter, shrimp, ribs, even whipped cream I want without gaining weight.

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

Harlan Lachman

Sep 11, 2010, 8:32:14 PM9/11/10
In article <i6g88b$ivj$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote:

Except wine and single malt irish are 100% carbs :-(

JKConey

Sep 12, 2010, 3:40:30 PM9/12/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

I don't think you understand what a carb is Harlan. It's starch and
sugar, not alcohol. Only sweet wine would have sugar, and lots of carbs.
--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

John C TX

Sep 13, 2010, 9:36:56 AM9/13/10
On Sep 11, 7:32 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article <i6g88b$iv...@news.eternal-september.org>,
>

>  "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote:
> > "MZ" <m...@nospam.void> wrote in message

h, JK is right. No carbs at all in either. It is when people mix
drinks with ginger ale, coke, etc.

http://www.lowcarb.ca/low-carb-tools/carb_counter.html

btw that web site makes a lot of sense please take look t it. Follow
it 80% of the time and you will pull off weight.

John C TX

Sep 13, 2010, 9:40:14 AM9/13/10
> Crap.  How do you live without bread, potatoes, and pasta?  I think I'd
> jump off a bridge.

LOL

Not w/o just less & eating them less frequently but JK is right you
won't miss it.

Harlan Lachman

Sep 13, 2010, 4:28:06 PM9/13/10
In article
<f5699da7-a3a3-4bff...@c16g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>,

Now this is helpful.

Harlan Lachman

Sep 13, 2010, 4:33:17 PM9/13/10

> http://www.lowcarb.ca/low-carb-tools/carb_counter.html

Just check the web site. Search for wines:

http://www.lowcarb.ca/low-carb-tools/carb_counter_listing.html

A decent sized glass as 3.5 grams of carbs. Two glasses would be 7 grams
or carbs. 1/6th of many listed breads but not zero.

The single malt is zero though.

JKConey

Sep 14, 2010, 12:40:25 AM9/14/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

Harlan if you can keep it under 40-50 carbs a day, you'll lose weight.
Most days I can keep it under 20 carbs while eating lots of calories to make
me full and happy.

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

John C TX

Sep 14, 2010, 9:59:47 AM9/14/10
On Sep 13, 3:28 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <f5699da7-a3a3-4bff-a858-29a471aa6...@c16g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>,

go to www.marksdailyapple.com

His guideline for fat loss is 0-50 carbs for rapid loss
50-100 for steady
don't exceed 150 to maintain

All those numbers are based on a sedentary lifestyle. His workouts
may not be everyone's cup of tea but it is far easier than doing 45
minutes of cardio 5 days a week.