Re: On the lighter side...

Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 20, 2011, 8:22:44 PM1/20/11
On Jan 20, 8:06 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Looks like Rex wants Schott gone.
> He's using his reverse psychological, mindmeld, voodoo stuff, on some rube GM looking for
> a head coach.
> I mean, he got Welker to get himself in BB's crosshairs... now this:
>
> From a tweet Jane McManus posted on ESPN's local Jets blog...
>
> @janesports: Rex Ryan lauds Brian Schottenheimer, said he doesn't expect to have him as OC
> next year because he's ready for an HC job.
>
> ;)

pretty much like i figured... schotty will be praised right out of town

Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 21, 2011, 9:47:17 AM1/21/11
On Jan 20, 11:25 pm, graybeard <graybe...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 20:06:37 -0500 buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
>
> >Looks like Rex wants Schott gone.
> >He's using his reverse psychological, mindmeld, voodoo stuff, on some rube GM looking for
> >a head coach.
> >I mean, he got Welker to get himself in BB's crosshairs... now this:
>
> >From a tweet Jane McManus posted on ESPN's local Jets blog...
>
> >@janesports: Rex Ryan lauds Brian Schottenheimer, said he doesn't expect to have him as OC
> >next year because he's ready for an HC job.
>
> >;)
>
> Rex is too late. All the HC jobs that were available have been filled.
> --
> graybeard

if he cant get a gig in at a major college, there is always high
school and pop warner

Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 21, 2011, 12:29:58 PM1/21/11
On Jan 21, 10:17 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Looks like Rex wants Schott gone.
> > He's using his reverse psychological, mindmeld, voodoo stuff, on some rube GM looking for
> > a head coach.
> > I mean, he got Welker to get himself in BB's crosshairs... now this:
>
> > From a tweet Jane McManus posted on ESPN's local Jets blog...
>
> > @janesports: Rex Ryan lauds Brian Schottenheimer, said he doesn't expect to have him as OC
> > next year because he's ready for an HC job.
>
> > ;)
>
> Like a pit bull with a pork chop.
>
> :)
>
> It was interesting to watch FX on the NFL network when Ryan told
> Callahan run the damn ball.  My worry is not about losing Schott but
> losing Callahan as the OL coach.  He is listed as OL assistant head
> coach so I wonder if that precludes him from getting a job as an OC?
> Callahan is apparently capable as an OL coach & may  be critical to
> Schott & Ryan.

the o-line plays well... the o-line guys like turner and hunter that
have stepped in at times really seem to be well prepared. that one
fact alone about how well subs have done is a strong indication that
Callahan is a very good coach. it would probably be a huge blow if
they lose him. slauson has also made some strides too. it looks good
when your line coach can help make a serviceable starter out of a 6th
rounder.

Parker Race

Jan 21, 2011, 12:35:03 PM1/21/11

:
: From a tweet Jane McManus posted on ESPN's local Jets blog...
:
: @janesports: Rex Ryan lauds Brian Schottenheimer, said he doesn't expect
to have him as OC
: next year because he's ready for an HC job.
:
:
: ;)

Good luck.
Giants fans hope someone will hire Gilbride every year and it just doesn't
happen.
Many have offered to personally deliver him to his new employer.

papa.carl44

Jan 21, 2011, 12:56:20 PM1/21/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Looks like Rex wants Schott gone.
>> He's using his reverse psychological, mindmeld, voodoo stuff, on some
>> rube GM looking for
>> a head coach.
>> I mean, he got Welker to get himself in BB's crosshairs... now this:
>>
>> From a tweet Jane McManus posted on ESPN's local Jets blog...
>>
>> @janesports: Rex Ryan lauds Brian Schottenheimer, said he doesn't expect
>> to have him as OC
>> next year because he's ready for an HC job.
>>
>> ;)
>

> Like a pit bull with a pork chop.
>
> :)
>
> It was interesting to watch FX on the NFL network when Ryan told
> Callahan run the damn ball. My worry is not about losing Schott but
> losing Callahan as the OL coach. He is listed as OL assistant head
> coach so I wonder if that precludes him from getting a job as an OC?
> Callahan is apparently capable as an OL coach & may be critical to
> Schott & Ryan.

I would guess Callahan moves to OC.

Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 21, 2011, 1:58:02 PM1/21/11
On Jan 21, 1:07 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > It was interesting to watch FX on the NFL network when Ryan told
> > > Callahan run the damn ball.  My worry is not about losing Schott but
> > > losing Callahan as the OL coach.  He is listed as OL assistant head
> > > coach so I wonder if that precludes him from getting a job as an OC?
> > > Callahan is apparently capable as an OL coach & may  be critical to
> > > Schott & Ryan.
>
> > I would guess Callahan moves to OC.
>
> I assume you mean the Jets. You think they don't sign Schott and let
> him move on or that schott gets a HC gig?
>
> Financially  it would make sense as Schott is making $2MM.  W/O
> beating that dead horse about Schott's abilities Callahan & Rex are
> probably closer to being on the same page.

i hope callahan gets the OC spot... in this case, the devil that i
hardly know is better than the one i know all too well...

papa.carl44

Jan 21, 2011, 4:52:22 PM1/21/11

> > It was interesting to watch FX on the NFL network when Ryan told
> > Callahan run the damn ball. My worry is not about losing Schott but
> > losing Callahan as the OL coach. He is listed as OL assistant head
> > coach so I wonder if that precludes him from getting a job as an OC?
> > Callahan is apparently capable as an OL coach & may be critical to
> > Schott & Ryan.
>
> I would guess Callahan moves to OC.

I assume you mean the Jets. You think they don't sign Schott and let

him move on or that schott gets a HC gig?

Financially it would make sense as Schott is making $2MM. W/O
beating that dead horse about Schott's abilities Callahan & Rex are
probably closer to being on the same page.

A lot of guys first thought is financial...I think win loss and the future.
It seems as though Callahan has been calling a lot of the shots (no pun).
So IF, Schott gets a job I think Callahan would be a logical choice to
takeover the job...however, I do not think Schott will get a job, nobody has
asked permission to talk to him and I do not think the Jets / Woody / Rex
will get rid of him. I think he is going to become a very highly paid asst.
coach while more and more of the offense falls to other people. To me, the
designation of Asst. HC on Callahan says a WHOLE LOT. I would seem logical
to me that Schott's job has been altered in some way.....what was far more
interesting to me on that FX thing was Schott turning to Rex in a critical
situation to see what HE wanted done? And Rex looking right to Sanchez and
seeminly giving him the go ahead to throw it. I also find it a little
strange (only because I'm old school) that the OC is on the field and not in
the box where he can see all the things a D is doing and plan his attack.
That tells me he has a more scripted approach. Schott will most likely be
with the Jets in the future I would guess.

papa.carl44

Jan 21, 2011, 4:53:07 PM1/21/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

That devil yo hardly know may have been the one calling a lot of the plays
:-)

Michael

Jan 21, 2011, 5:45:41 PM1/21/11
On Jan 21, 4:53 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

post 2'nd miami... yes... might have been... marked changes in the
offense post 2'nd miami... and i loved it.

Johnny Morongo

Jan 21, 2011, 9:52:18 PM1/21/11
On Jan 20, 5:06 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Looks like Rex wants Schott gone.
> He's using his reverse psychological, mindmeld, voodoo stuff, on some rube GM looking for
> a head coach.
> I mean, he got Welker to get himself in BB's crosshairs... now this:
>
> From a tweet Jane McManus posted on ESPN's local Jets blog...
>
> @janesports: Rex Ryan lauds Brian Schottenheimer, said he doesn't expect to have him as OC
> next year because he's ready for an OC who actually knows what he's doing.
>
> ;)

FIXED IT!

John C TX

Jan 23, 2011, 2:23:08 PM1/23/11
On Jan 21, 3:52 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:f43538b7-1849-47f6...@o9g2000pre.googlegroups.com...

> > > It was interesting to watch FX on the NFL network when Ryan told
> > > Callahan run the damn ball. My worry is not about losing Schott but
> > > losing Callahan as the OL coach. He is listed as OL assistant head
> > > coach so I wonder if that precludes him from getting a job as an OC?
> > > Callahan is apparently capable as an OL coach & may be critical to
> > > Schott & Ryan.
>
> > I would guess Callahan moves to OC.
>
> I assume you mean the Jets. You think they don't sign Schott and let
> him move on or that schott gets a HC gig?
>
> Financially  it would make sense as Schott is making $2MM.  W/O
> beating that dead horse about Schott's abilities Callahan & Rex are
> probably closer to being on the same page.
>
> A lot of guys first thought is financia

I am a Marxist I can't help myself.

l...think win loss and the future.

> It seems as though Callahan has been calling a lot of the shots (no pun).
> So IF, Schott gets a job I think Callahan would be a logical choice to
> takeover the job...however, I do not think Schott will get a job, nobody has
> asked permission to talk to him and I do not think the Jets / Woody / Rex
> will get rid of him.  I think he is going to become a very highly paid asst.
> coach while more and more of the offense falls to other people.  To me, the
> designation of Asst. HC on Callahan says a WHOLE LOT.

It could mean something but it is done to keep a coach tied up. I
believe he has to get a head coaching job to get out of his contract.

 I would seem logical
> to me that Schott's job has been altered in some way.....what was far more
> interesting to me on that FX thing was Schott turning to Rex in a critical
> situation to see what HE wanted done?  And Rex looking right to Sanchez and
> seeminly giving him the go ahead to throw it.

I also found it interesting in the FX episode that Rex told Callahan
to run it the rest of the game. Maybe it was geography -Schott was
taking a potty break- or maybe and I said it last year that Rex has
his hand in the offense.

 I also find it a little
> strange (only because I'm old school) that the OC is on the field and not in
> the box where he can see all the things a D is doing and plan his attack.
> That tells me he has a more scripted approach.

It is pretty common and with video advancements and pictures he can
see immediately I am not sure if that tells you that much.

will most likely be
> with the Jets in the future I

I can't see him taking a demotion but people have done a lot more for
$2 mm.