Pats D Helps Out

Copp

Sep 26, 2010, 2:49:07 PM9/26/10
Not able to score in the first quarter? We'll help you out!
Not able to get first down on 3rd and > 15 in 40 tries? We'll help you out!
Not able to score more than 10 points in a whole game? We'll help you out!

MZ

Sep 26, 2010, 4:16:27 PM9/26/10

Tale of two halves.

Sort of like last week, only the other way around.

MZ

Sep 26, 2010, 6:03:29 PM9/26/10

In fact, even the TD that Buffalo scored in the first half wasn't
entirely on the defense. The offense gave them a short field on a
fumble (which the officials incorrectly gave to the Bills, even though
the replay showed that the Pats recovered) and then the Bills went down
to score (after the officials incorrectly allowed the Bills to call
back-to-back timeouts immediately preceding the TD). I won't give the
Pats D a free pass on that drive, but if a few things went just a little
differently (like the officials knowing the rules of the game, for
example) then they wouldn't have allowed any TDs in the first half. The
second half, they allowed just one.

Having said that, I definitely have my concerns with the D. But it's
not like last week when the Jets dominated them.

Copp

Sep 26, 2010, 9:15:51 PM9/26/10
In article <3radnXKvBZSvXgLR...@giganews.com>

MZ <ma...@nospam.void> wrote:
> Having said that, I definitely have my concerns with the D. But it's
> not like last week when the Jets dominated them.

I disagree. The only reason they didn't lose the game was because
Fitzpatrick made two terrible high throws that my grandmother
could have intercepted. And this was at home.

MZ

Sep 26, 2010, 9:33:03 PM9/26/10

So when other defenses play teams where the opposing QB doesn't throw it
accurately, are they really doing poorly too, or does this logic only
apply to the Patriots?

Jon

Sep 26, 2010, 11:42:05 PM9/26/10

"MZ" <ma...@nospam.void> wrote in message

Numbers don't lie 28th pass D 17th rushing D

MZ

Sep 26, 2010, 11:58:40 PM9/26/10

Try to follow along. The discussion is about today's game, not their
season stats. Today they gave up 23 points. 7 of which can be
attributed directly to the officials, who admitted to making a mistake.
Room for improvement, certainly, but not exactly the worst performance
of the day (they were close to the median).