Re: Papa's Jam... this Sunday...

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Sep 30, 2010, 8:25:00 PM9/30/10

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
news:h529a6lb3jlplaluj...@4ax.com...
> Hey Peeps in the NY area...
> Sunday is PapaCarl's *Jam for Life,* in Trenton.
> http://www.jamforlifefoundation.com/
>
> There's a good chance Carl wouldn't be here posting, if not for his
> transplants.
> So, we've all been blessed by the miracle of transplants.
> I'm going this year, and was wondering if any of y'all would care to join
> me?
> It's a good cause, & will give us a chance to actually meet - finally...
> also, we'll be
> able to put to rest the rumor that we're all preprogrammed bots, and find
> out we're all
> actually people! I've often wondered this deep mystery ;)
>
> There'll be 2 stages, one outside, one inside.
> Carl will be playing at 3:20 outside... and 4:10 inside. And the virgin
> Connie Swayle, I
> mean Lisa Bouchelle, will be playing at 4:40.
>
> Worked out that we're just playing the Bills (not that it's a trap game),
> but I suspect
> there may be some TVs around, so we can check the score.
>
> And if ya can't make it, you can donate to this great cause, on his
> website.
>
> So ya can lump out on your sofa, watching the game... or listen to some
> good music, &
> support a great cause... and solve one of the great mysteries of life (are
> we bots?) ;)

Thank you. I am humbled...seriously. There will be a lot of TV sets in one
of the bar areas. It's a huge venue, right on the Delaware River, next to
the Trenton Thunder minor league stadium, a NY Yankees affiliate. If anyone
should come down...please come see me...you will be able to find me there
for sure. It is worth the trip just to see Miss Bouchelle...and she will be
doing one of her new songs, "NAKED".....:-) She is the real deal too, plus,
she loves football.

If I could just listen to and play music and watch football I'd be a very
happy guy.

Papa Carl

Johnny Morongo

Sep 30, 2010, 11:15:46 PM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 5:25 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "buRford" <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

Enjoy the evening, both of you, and raise one for me.

Message has been deleted

John C TX

Oct 1, 2010, 9:59:12 AM10/1/10
On Oct 1, 12:09 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:25:00 -0400, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:
>
> >"buRford" <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
> I thought maybe we could have a little Jets contingent... and for a good cause.
> Unfortunately, my *date* is a Giants fan... but she aint a fanatic ;)

So she has bad taste in men & football teams?

:)

You guys enjoy.

papa.carl44

Oct 1, 2010, 12:36:58 PM10/1/10

> On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:25:00 -0400, "papa.carl44"
> I thought maybe we could have a little Jets contingent... and for a good
> cause.
> Unfortunately, my *date* is a Giants fan... but she aint a fanatic ;)

Lisa is an Eagles fan. The girl in my band, Alexis, is a Giants fan. Jean
of course, is a Jets fan....it was actually her cousin who got us our season
tickets many, many years ago. As far as sports go....one of the kids who we
will have helping us is a nine year old who has had two kidney transplants.
The first one from his mother when he was two years old. The last from a
deceased donor two years ago. He just won the honors of junior male athlete
of the games at The NKF National Transplant Games in Madison Wisconsin. He
has had more surgeries and hospitalizations than me I think. He never
quits, and is beyond tough. His only disappointment is he can't play
football or hockey, so he focuses on basketball and baseball. I've seen
what real toughness is these last six years and believe me, it makes the NFL
versions pale in comparison. Burf...there will be a Jets contingent, you,
me, Jean and the rest of my family. I promise the music will blow anybody
away.....anyone who attends will be amazed....lots of top guys from some
very impressive bands all coming together for 7 hours on two stages.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Oct 1, 2010, 3:14:24 PM10/1/10

> On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 12:36:58 -0400, "papa.carl44"
> Seriously, though Carl, as amazing as all the people are that you've met
> since your ops,
> you coulda just lived out your life quietly, like most transplant
> recipients do.
> But instead, to your credit, you chose to become active, & get the message
> out.
> You've had your angels show up to help you, and have since, become the
> angel to many.
> If only more people in this Country had your courage, & attitude, things
> wouldn't be in
> such a mess.

A long time ago I had a football coach I really liked...he told me all I
ever had to do was show up and play the best I could. That's all it is ever
about.

papa.carl44

Oct 3, 2010, 9:01:57 PM10/3/10

Hey, Burf and I got to rock today....and still catch the Jets game
somewhat.....we are better looking than the rest of you guys too :-) Papa

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Oct 4, 2010, 12:30:23 PM10/4/10

> Damn straight!
> Was great meetin' ya ;)

AND....our women are better looking than most football fans' women ! Lisa
wants to come meet you next time :-)

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Oct 4, 2010, 7:03:19 PM10/4/10

> On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 12:30:23 -0400, "papa.carl44"
> Yup, very true... of course, that's not the case of those that inhabit
> this NG ;)
> I looked for Lisa before we left, but she must've been hiding.
> Your granddaughter was so cute on stage, up there with Lisa.

My son is thrilled that I've help create a little diva....she knows she can
pretty much get whatever she wants from "Papa"....and she just takes to
getting on stage with Lisa naturally. When she was four years old we took
her to see Lisa at a coffee house gig...at one point she just decided to
walk up on stage to be with Lisa. Lisa went with it, accepted her onto the
stage and gave her a shaker to play with. That was it. She's been on TV
with Lisa and done a lot of show appearances that are appropriate for her to
be at. Lisa is great with her too and comes to the house just to spend time
with her. Life is good with all the good people we meet...and you are one
of those folks. I wish we could do a Jam near the Meadowlands and have all
the Jets gang from the group there :-)