Beware, the "Sanchez Rectangle"

Michael

Nov 28, 2011, 11:37:36 AM11/28/11
You’ve heard of the Bermuda Triangle… Now get ready for…. “The Sanchez
Rectangle”

It is the dreaded area of the field between the numbers, over the
linebackers and underneath the safeties. Passes lose their way and
get gobbled up by shadowy, mysterious defenders that appear out of an
eerie mist.

After some study and consideration, I have concluded once and for all,
exactly what Sanchez’s primary problem is. It is a combination of his
height, relatively low release point and his inability to read and
account for the defense pre-snap. Unlike some other QB’s of modest
stature like Breese, Sanchez has not yet figured out how to evaluate
the coverage pre-snap and judge what defenders will be doing inside of
the dreaded “Sanchez Rectangle”. He can not see the field there
during a play, nor does he have the judgment to compensate for his
limited vision.

No doubt, Schotty knows about this, and it puts kinks in the game
plan.

IMHO, this is the big problem with Sanchez…

Beware, The Sanchez Rectangle….

John C TX

Nov 28, 2011, 1:26:12 PM11/28/11
The obvious question is why call the play & why throw the pass. In
listening to Sanchez after the game & talking about the winning TD &
how he is coached to remember when he is running e is still a passer
first & to look. So there is some coaching on what to do but if you
look at this:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d8248112f/Bills-defense-INT

two TE's to the left one is Ducasse & one is F---ing Mulligan, why? A
good example of why losing Cumerland hurt. He is a big body but he
played WR in college. How about this? How about at least Keller out
there so they have to cover the pass? How about two real TE's & no
Ducasse

Now Sanchez never looked at Mulligan who he could have dumped off to
w/ a small possibility of a problem but he was so locked onto Holmes.
You mean to tell me that there is no TE out there that can not jump
off sides & can catch a 5 yard pass? I am actually missing Hartsock.

> IMHO, this is the big problem with Sanchez…
>
> Beware, The Sanchez Rectangle….

I blame everyone on this play from Tanny to Sanchez.

Michael

Nov 28, 2011, 1:35:22 PM11/28/11
On Nov 28, 1:26 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 28, 10:37 am, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> > You’ve heard of the Bermuda Triangle… Now get ready for…. “The Sanchez
> > Rectangle”
>
> > It is the dreaded area of the field between the numbers, over the
> > linebackers and underneath the safeties.   Passes lose their way and
> > get gobbled up by shadowy, mysterious defenders that appear out of an
> > eerie mist.
>
> > After some study and consideration, I have concluded once and for all,
> > exactly what Sanchez’s primary problem is.  It is a combination of his
> > height, relatively low release point and his inability to read and
> > account for the defense pre-snap.  Unlike some other QB’s of modest
> > stature like Breese, Sanchez has not yet figured out how to evaluate
> > the coverage pre-snap and judge what defenders will be doing inside of
> > the dreaded “Sanchez Rectangle”.   He can not see the field there
> > during a play, nor does he have the judgment to compensate for his
> > limited vision.
>
> > No doubt, Schotty knows about this, and it puts kinks in the game
> > plan.
>
> The obvious question is why call the play & why throw the pass. In
> listening to Sanchez after the game & talking about the winning TD &
> how he is coached to remember when he is running e is still a passer
> first & to look.  So there is some coaching on what to do but if you
> look at this:
>
> http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d8248112f/Bills-defens...
>
> two TE's to the left one is Ducasse & one is F---ing Mulligan, why?  A
> good example of why losing Cumerland hurt.  He is a big body but he
> played WR in college.  How about this?  How about at least Keller out
> there so they have to cover the pass?  How about two real TE's & no
> Ducasse
>
> Now Sanchez never looked at Mulligan who he could have dumped off to
> w/ a small possibility of a problem but he was so locked onto Holmes.
> You mean to tell me that there is no TE out there that can not jump
> off sides & can catch a 5 yard pass?  I am actually missing Hartsock.
>

> > IMHO, this is the big problem with Sanchez…
>
> > Beware, The Sanchez Rectangle….
>
> I blame everyone on this play from Tanny to Sanchez.- Hide quoted text -

The Jets seem to have focused on improving the roster from the outside
in. The O-line was neglected, TE was not considered, but they sure
did wrap up the number two CB after Nnamdi fell through, secure a hand
full of other db's and they locked down their two WR's.

Papa Carl

Nov 28, 2011, 2:19:08 PM11/28/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message
I think you have made some good observations....so why not get him on the
perimeter regularly? Oh...they don't have the O line to do that...bad
planning all around.

Michael

Nov 28, 2011, 2:30:10 PM11/28/11
On Nov 28, 2:19 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message
yeppers... that line is not very slick.

also consider... for now, i would avoid any sort of crossing pattern
or deep slant in the "Sanchez Rectangle". Do more of what Breese does
between the numbers and under the safties... Go routs, hitch and go
routs, curl-in... From a QB's prospective, in that case, you only have
to account for one dimension... shallow to deep timing alone... no
side to side judgements to make.