Mark Brunell Signed

JetsLife

Jul 28, 2010, 7:36:42 PM7/28/10

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ga1W08AIx1qMbt7rAEzAaVHZn61gD9H8B7FO0

If he has even a little left in the tank I like this move. So who
goes after camp: Ainge, O'Connell or Brunell?

Message has been deleted

Ian

Jul 29, 2010, 1:32:35 PM7/29/10
On Jul 29, 3:37 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 16:36:42 -0700 (PDT), JetsLife <JetsL...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ga1W08AIx1qMbt7rAEz...

> >If he has even a little left in the tank I like this move.  So who
> >goes after camp: Ainge, O'Connell or Brunell?
>
> I suspect Clemens will go...

Agreed.

Ainge has shown a glimpse in pre-season that he can chuck it about a
bit.
You don't sign a player like Brunell at vet minimum just to mentor
through training camp, you keep him all year.

So that leaves two :-
O'Connell's ability is an unknown
Clemens' ability is known.

It's a no-brainer, take the coin toss on O'Connell.

--
Ian

MZ

Jul 29, 2010, 1:47:16 PM7/29/10

Another thing to consider... O'Connell is a runner. Clemens isn't. If
Sanchez went down, would they be comfortable using a Mike Vick type of
player back there? Makes more sense in a spread type of offense than in
a ground and pound. So I see Clemens making it over O'Connell unless
O'Connell suddenly learns how to throw.

Harlan Lachman

Jul 29, 2010, 2:05:37 PM7/29/10
In article <a9q15613m2i03p6i4...@4ax.com>,
buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 16:36:42 -0700 (PDT), JetsLife <Jets...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> >http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ga1W08AIx1qMbt7rAEzAaVHZn61

> >gD9H8B7FO0
> >
> >If he has even a little left in the tank I like this move. So who
> >goes after camp: Ainge, O'Connell or Brunell?
>

> I suspect Clemens will go...

As I have posted on thejetsblog.com, all of them should go. None will be
starters or number 2s on another team.

Brad Smith should be the primary back-up. And, perhaps Brunnel as the
cheapest should stay. But, I don't care who stays because any PT for any
of them means our season is done.

Michael

Jul 29, 2010, 2:46:40 PM7/29/10
> O'Connell suddenly learns how to throw.- Hide quoted text -

clemens is a waste of a roster spot.

MZ

Jul 29, 2010, 3:03:18 PM7/29/10

Belichick felt O'Connell was too. We'll see if Rex feels the same after
a full camp. I agree with Harlan's post that the backup QB spot looks
pretty bleak for the Jets. It's Ainge or bust it seems. And if he
sucks, maybe you carry only two QBs (the best two of the five) and let
Brad Smith be the 3rd. Opens up a roster spot to keep an extra player
who's currently on the bubble, like Turner or Woodhead, etc.

Should have kept Ratliff. :)

Harlan Lachman

Jul 29, 2010, 8:17:45 PM7/29/10
In article
<c67e91ad-b28f-48b3...@g35g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
Michael <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote:

So are Ainge, O'Connell and Brunell.

harlan

Michael

Jul 29, 2010, 10:52:37 PM7/29/10
On Jul 29, 8:17 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <c67e91ad-b28f-48b3-ada0-ed44b37e3...@g35g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
> harlan- Hide quoted text -

i dunno... i think brunell is valuable as a back up. he's got enough
left to come in and "not lose the game" for you. his experience is
valuable. when he was not injured, he was a quality passer and a
winner. O'Connell I think is a waste of a roster spot. I am giving
Ainge an "incomplete" as a grade. He is not very slick, but I like
his size and he has a good arm. He threw some good looking passes in
the preseason. still... i dont know what to think of ainge. smith is
an awesome guy to have around and makes an ideal # 3 while also being
a great trick play/utility guy too. I think they can send O'Connell,
Clemens packing, but i just dont know about ainge. this preseason will
sort out who we'll keep

Message has been deleted

Tutor

Aug 1, 2010, 7:22:38 PM8/1/10
On Aug 1, 6:21 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> I'd like to see what happens with Ainge.  I just remember that his college coach said some
> very positive things about him, which makes him to me, worth giving another year's look.- Hide quoted text -

agreed. We pretty much know what Clemens has (and doesn't have).
Brunell is useless. He was downright terrible in practice throughout
2009 in New Orleans, from all reports. Sorry to say but Clemens is
probably better than Brunell. If Sanchez goes down, this team will be
in big trouble. No Cassels here at the moment. Ainge probably our
best chance.

papa.carl44

Aug 1, 2010, 8:23:57 PM8/1/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

And we agree. I think they had some opportunities to find someone that
could fill the void for a game or two at best...they don't have anybody now.

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Aug 2, 2010, 2:39:35 PM8/2/10
In article