Compensatory Picks

Johnctx

Mar 23, 2010, 9:25:06 AM3/23/10
Is Kraft on this committee?

:)

The only player of note they lost last year was Gaffney.

http://tinyurl.com/yhgwl8s

MZ

Mar 23, 2010, 10:13:52 AM3/23/10

No kidding. And why did Atlanta get a 3??

Harlan Lachman

Mar 23, 2010, 6:49:44 PM3/23/10
In article <GcidnftyMKI9UTXW...@giganews.com>,
MZ <ma...@nospam.void> wrote:

Mark, is this true? Did they get all those picks and the biggest lost
was Gaffney/// (NOT)

MZ

Mar 23, 2010, 7:19:29 PM3/23/10

Yeah. It didn't come as a surprise either. The guy who predicts this
stuff and is always pretty close had predicted they get 4 7th rounders,
and they ended up with 3 7ths and a 6th, which is damned close. I just
don't understand the NFL's formula. It's stupid. They lost 5 guys and
gained 1, so they get 4 picks?

Personally, I think they should just dump the compensatory pick thing
altogether. It doesn't make any sense.