Re: Can he really be that incredibly stupid?

1 view
Message has been deleted

Hammer

Apr 1, 2010, 11:59:38 PM4/1/10
On Apr 1, 7:56 pm, graybeard <graybe...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Some of these guys leave me flabbergasted. They just don't get it, and
> apparently never will.
>
> From CBSSports.com:
>
> <quote>
>
> April 1, 2010
> CBSSports.com wire reports
>
> CLEVELAND -- Cleveland Browns nose tackle Shaun Rogers was arrested
> Thursday at Hopkins International Airport for having a loaded gun in his
> carry-on luggage.
>
> Rogers, who had been at the team's suburban training facility in recent
> days taking part in a voluntary off-season program, was stopped at a
> security checkpoint on Concourse C when officials spotted a loaded
> .45-caliber hand gun in his bag, police said in a statement.
>
> He was arrested at 12:15 p.m. "without incident," transferred to a
> downtown processing center and booked for carrying a concealed weapon, a
> third-degree felony.
>
> Sgt. Sammy Morris of the Cleveland Police Department said Rogers was
> still being held in the city's jail Thursday night.
>
> No charges have been filed at this time, police said, although the
> 31-year-old Rogers could face federal fines for carrying the firearm.
>
> It's not yet known what Rogers, who lives in Houston during the
> offseason, told officials about the gun or if he has a permit for it.
> It's also unclear whether he was traveling alone.
>
> Browns president Mike Holmgren issued a statement saying the team was
> aware of Rogers' arrest.
>
> "We will continue to gather additional information, and until the legal
> process has taken its course, we will reserve any further comment," the
> statement said.
>
> A message seeking comment was left with Rogers' agent, Kennard McGuire.
>
> Beyond his legal problems, Rogers, arguably the Browns' best player,
> will likely face league penalties if it is determined he violated the
> NFL's player-conduct policy.
>
> </quote>
>
> Entire article:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yfavsvj
>
> Now let's see if he gets treated like anyone else who tries to carry a
> loaded .45 onto a plane.
> --
> graybeard

Too bad for him he's not from Saudi Arabia - he probably wouldn't even
have been arrested.

JetsLife

Apr 2, 2010, 5:50:13 PM4/2/10

Yes, he can.

papa.carl44

Apr 2, 2010, 6:15:40 PM4/2/10

"graybeard" <gray...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

He was gonna prevent a hi-jacking, just wanted to be safe.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Apr 3, 2010, 12:53:06 AM4/3/10

> Of course, that's it! He's actually a sworn in deputy sheriff, just like
> Elvis Presley.
> --
> graybeard

Well....they do have a shortage of air marshalls :-) My son is an agent in
another Federal law enforcement branch...he has to tell them who he is when
he flies and is supposed to just act like a "marshall" even if he is just
going somewhere on vacation. You gotta admit, these guys (like Rogers)
could be fairly intimidating to a terrorist hi-jacker. But, I think he is
that stupid...really sad isn't it?

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Apr 3, 2010, 11:38:27 AM4/3/10

> On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 00:53:06 -0400 "papa.carl44"

> <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:

>>> Of course, that's it! He's actually a sworn in deputy sheriff, just like
>>> Elvis Presley.
>>> --
>>> graybeard
>>
>>Well....they do have a shortage of air marshalls :-) My son is an agent
>>in
>>another Federal law enforcement branch...he has to tell them who he is
>>when
>>he flies and is supposed to just act like a "marshall" even if he is just
>>going somewhere on vacation. You gotta admit, these guys (like Rogers)
>>could be fairly intimidating to a terrorist hi-jacker. But, I think he is
>>that stupid...really sad isn't it?
>
> My brother is with Homeland Security, and I had to answer all kinds of
> questions about my citizenship when he was being considered for the job.
> I was born in England, which, as we all know, is a radical
> American-hating haven for terrorists ;-)
>
> The thing is, our dad was an American serviceman stationed in England at
> the time (World war 2), and by law I was automatically an American
> citizen. Wouldn't you think that people hiring for Homeland Security
> should know that?
>
> As far as Rogers is concerned, I saw him on TV apologizing. He said he
> has a license for a concealed weapon, but he didn't know the gun was in
> his luggage.
>
> This brings up the question: If you are given the privilege to carry a
> loaded gun, shouldn't you know exactly where that gun is AT ALL TIMES?
> His license should be revoked, IMO.
> --
> graybeard

My guess is he knew it was there...but that is an easy "softener" for the
situation. I decided I want a license...not to carry...but to just have a
large caliber canon here at the house, maybe four of them pointed in all
four directions. It's not too hard to figure out I'm a "progressive", and
the Obama sign on my lawn gave some stuff away. But now, I have some
"friends" who listened to my new music (they asked to hear it) and they are
really upset. They are part of the "Woo woo" people, those folks who start
to tell you something and you can only cipher about one of five words, the
rest is just "woo woo woo woo Sarah Palin's right woo woo woo woo Obawoo woo
woo woo Kenya woo woo woo woo." And I'm pretty sure most of them have guns
at home....so I figured I'd just get a permit to have a tank or two around
the house, and I'm gonna buy a couple of hound dogs....so my friends have
someone to communicate with.

Johnctx

Apr 6, 2010, 8:54:13 AM4/6/10
graybeard wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 18:15:40 -0400 "papa.carl44"
> <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:
>
> Of course, that's it! He's actually a sworn in deputy sheriff, just like
> Elvis Presley.

Maybe he wants to coach the Cowboys one day. Didn't Barry Switzer do
the exact same thing?

Big Balls Billy

Apr 8, 2010, 2:03:24 PM4/8/10

you should know stupid when you see it. you're the resident expert.

MZ

Apr 8, 2010, 1:10:28 PM4/8/10

Wow, gray. Talk about hitting a nerve.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Johnny Morongo

Apr 9, 2010, 4:28:01 AM4/9/10
buRford wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 14:56:10 -0400, graybeard <gray...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> I suppose it serves me right for even responding to someone who uses
>> such a childish handle. Oh well, there's always room in the bozo bin for
>> one more.
>
> What did bozo ever do to you, gray?
> Someone has to stand up for clown rights!

Says Clarabelle.

Michael

Apr 9, 2010, 2:51:33 PM4/9/10
> have been arrested.- Hide quoted text -

If he was from Saudi Arabia, a former US president would have come to
welcome him and stroll hand in hand through the terminal

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Johnctx

Apr 13, 2010, 8:55:07 AM4/13/10
graybeard wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:15:34 -0400 buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
>
>> What's funny to me, about clowns, is that only recently in my budding twilight years, have
>> I realized that so many people fear clowns... Coulrophobia.
>> On some level, I can understand most phobias, but this one I just don't get.
>> And of course, there's this... http://bit.ly/a6FGA9
>
> One of my closest friends is a brilliant doctor who became a millionaire
> by being one of the top guys in his field of applying technology to
> medicine. He is a sophisticated intellectual and quite knowledgeable
> about food, wine, cars, cigars, and world traveling. He is also scared
> to death of clowns.
>
> And if you have never seen Killer Klowns from Outer Space you have
> missed out on one of the all time classic B horror movies, right up
> there with Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Is that why so many of my teachers were afraid of me?

Johnny Morongo

Apr 13, 2010, 12:49:19 PM4/13/10

Why do you insist on tossing up these softballs?

Johnctx

Apr 14, 2010, 8:26:22 AM4/14/10

Johnny, you are not a funny man, you need the help.

:)

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Johnctx

Apr 14, 2010, 12:19:56 PM4/14/10
buRford wrote:
> Nah... but your kids are a different story ;)

They are past being scared. My youngest freed herself at 5.

:)

I guess that is a good thing.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Johnny Morongo

Apr 14, 2010, 8:30:32 PM4/14/10
buRford wrote:
> Freed herself, huh. Nah, I won't go there ;)

Soft balls, I tell ya. Softballs. The guy's no fun anymore.

Johnctx

Apr 15, 2010, 8:58:48 AM4/15/10

Listen, when you two get together this month in NY who will wear the
gimp suit & who will play Bruce Willis?

Message has been deleted

Johnctx

Apr 16, 2010, 9:30:12 AM4/16/10
buRford wrote:
> I already have my clown suit lined up, so JM gets his choice ;)

LOL

great reply