On Sunday

cd

Jan 14, 2011, 3:56:03 AM1/14/11
Win or lose I can live with the Jets running the ball 70% of the
time. It is the strength of the team, we all knew it and we don't
understand why the OC doesn't think same. Against NE, it will keep he
defense fresh and if Brady has few opportunities, he may hold the ball
longer to get some big plays. Further, I've heard it from multiple
sources, to move Revis around on every play, even at the last second,
it can only help.

As an aside, I caught NFL live on ESPN and I saw Mangini and Edwards.
I can't believe how pedestrian Edwards sounds next to Mangini, as they
were breaking down the playoffs and how to attack or defend teams.
WOW!!

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 14, 2011, 11:13:56 AM1/14/11
On Jan 14, 10:53 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Come on, cd,  what've you got against pedestrians, putting them down that way?
>
> > Obviously, I have my questions about our D, and whether Petryan will be able to field
> > competent players, to execute their gameplan... but, I am terrified we'll see the exact
> > same offense, we saw at the outset of the Colts game, and most games this season.
>
> As always you are insane.  You should be more worried about dropped
> balls or Sanchez unable to complete passes.  If you can't execute than
> the play calling or gameplan isn't the issue because you never know if
> it would have worked.

agree 100 %. the jets wont be able to run AT ALL unless sanchez and
wr's can execute the passes. dropped balls and badly thrown balls
spells doom for the running game. the pats are not the colts. you
cant run on the pats unless you show them you can execute in the
passing game. even if mangold ties up wilfork, the pats are stout up
the gut. even chung plays like a lb. nothing less then perfect
execution by sanchez and wr's is needed if they are to have any chance
at all to score and keep "ass-hole" off the field

Message has been deleted

MZ

Jan 14, 2011, 12:49:06 PM1/14/11

Agree about running. The Pats DL is in shambles right now, and their
linebackers are banged up (or in Spikes' case, probably rusty). Run
the ball, attacking the edges especially, lots of off tackle, and then
when the Pats begin overcompensating, you use the playaction. Not
deep ball stuff -- when the Pats lock down on the run, they play the
corners off and go single deep safety -- and this secondary can make
plays. Draw the linebackers in with playaction and you'll hit the
intermediate stuff all day long. Also, Keller could have a big game
if the Jets can force Chung into run mode instead of locking him down
on the TE as a SS/nickel corner hybrid.

I like the Jets chances in this game, just as long as they can keep
Brady and company from scoring too early. If they have to play catch
up, game over.

Michael

Jan 14, 2011, 12:52:29 PM1/14/11

OMG... He's back !!! Where ya been ???

MZ

Jan 14, 2011, 1:05:23 PM1/14/11

Alien abduction, etc.

Michael

Jan 14, 2011, 1:07:35 PM1/14/11
On Jan 14, 3:56 am, cd <c...@verizon.net> wrote:

i heard the same espn commentary with mangini and edwards. obviously,
mangini is a very smart guy and expresses himself very well. perhaps
this is why he has done great coaching interviews ??? ive considered
that it has been his inexperience and lack of flexibility that has
cost him, but he looked to be making lots of improvement. i was
dissapointed when he got let go by the browns. i like the way they
play. they play hard all game and were being built on a good
foundation of character guys. i expected that after one more draft an
FA, they would add a few more quality players and mangini would turn
the corner.

Michael

Jan 14, 2011, 2:46:15 PM1/14/11
> Alien abduction, etc.- Hide quoted text -

were you given a rectal probe ?

Beiselbub©

Jan 14, 2011, 3:08:01 PM1/14/11

He's been abducted, and all you can think about is yourself.

JetsLife

Jan 14, 2011, 3:33:24 PM1/14/11
On Jan 14, 11:23 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 07:53:36 -0800 (PST), John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 00:56:03 -0800 (PST), cd <c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> >> Come on, cd, what've you got against pedestrians, putting them down that way?
>
> >> Obviously, I have my questions about our D, and whether Petryan will be able to field
> >> competent players, to execute their gameplan... but, I am terrified we'll see the exact
> >> same offense, we saw at the outset of the Colts game, and most games this season.
>
> >As always you are insane.  You should be more worried about dropped
> >balls or Sanchez unable to complete passes.  If you can't execute than
> >the play calling or gameplan isn't the issue because you never know if
> >it would have worked.
>
> I'm not worried about Sanchez, other than his shoulder, nor about dropped passes.
> You didn't see dropped passes, nor poor accuracy, in the 2nd half last week, did you?
> But you did see an entirely different offense, from the first half.
> Maybe, that could be a clue for you?
>

> >Having written that I would have no trouble pounding the ball -- & as
> >you want I would run Greene until he pukes & that is one you can't
> >hang on that poor underpaid OC-- but the reality is if they defend the
> >run and can stop it you have to pass.  This is the NFL not Horace Mann
> >vs. Riverdale Country Day.
>
> So, is it always about the other team? Or possibly, could it also be about the plan to
> attack the other team?  As was shown (again) last week, when the plan doesn't work (1st
> half), when ya change it (2nd half), against the same D, on the same day, in the same
> game, results can change.
> I've never said anything about not passing, only rushing, etc.
> It's all about the opponent, using the talent appropriately to exploit the opponent, and
> winning.
> I never said I think Shonn should be the guy, this week, as I think against the Pats, LT
> may be more effective early.
> All I said about Shonn, was that I think that this week, he might be useful rushing edge,
> whereas against other opponents, rushing forward was the ticket.
>
> As you see, there's a difference from what I actually say, and your imagination  ;)- Hide quoted text -

Burf, John C. & Michael: you're all right. Except Burf you're
incorrent in totally dismissing Sanchez's wild throws in the first
half last week. He was way off time and again and if you can't see
that you're watching a different game. Not to mention dropped passes
during the season.

But overall you're all right. Schotty has been shoddy at times, as has
Sancho and some of his receivers.

I will say this, tho: it us up to the coaches aka Rexenheimer to put
their players in position to succeed. Since their QB's shoulder is
injured and said QB has demonstrated he can be wild thsometimes ru 2+
seasons, perhaps a run-heavy possession passing approach is a wise way
to start out. If he's on target maybe then you mix in some more
passing. Ain't nothing wrong with leaning on your strength: running
and short passing. Of course I imagine NE will look to take that away.

I'm not against running out of spread formations in an attempt to
soften the Pats run defense.

JetsLife

Jan 14, 2011, 3:36:10 PM1/14/11
On Jan 14, 12:49 pm, MZ <for...@mdz.no-ip.org> wrote:

Return of the prodigal Mark! We missed you dude. And need your level-
headed, smart analysis from a NE fan, to balance out all the inane NE
trolls trolling around the past week or so.

cd

Jan 14, 2011, 6:47:20 PM1/14/11
> trolls trolling around the past week or so.- Hide quoted text -

As it relates to Sanchez, when he was throwing those wild passes. I
recall before Favre won the SB and he would go into Dallas and all the
throws would be off, way off. It is likely that he is too charged and
needs to settle down or it's the shoulder. Even in the blowout, the
Jets got yards running, they just wouldn't stick with it. Parcells
would keep calling a play that worked, until they stopped it; somebody
should get that out to Schotty. I think the injury to Woody makes the
OL more athletic and aggressive, with Turner in at RT; think we've
seen the last of Woody if Turner continues his play.

Tutor

Jan 14, 2011, 7:46:21 PM1/14/11
On Jan 14, 10:53 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 00:56:03 -0800 (PST), cd <c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> > Come on, cd,  what've you got against pedestrians, putting them down that way?
>
> > Obviously, I have my questions about our D, and whether Petryan will be able to field
> > competent players, to execute their gameplan... but, I am terrified we'll see the exact
> > same offense, we saw at the outset of the Colts game, and most games this season.
>
> As always you are insane.  You should be more worried about dropped
> balls or Sanchez unable to complete passes.  If you can't execute than
> the play calling or gameplan isn't the issue because you never know if
> it would have worked.
>
> Having written that I would have no trouble pounding the ball -- & as
> you want I would run Greene until he pukes & that is one you can't
> hang on that poor underpaid OC-- but the reality is if they defend the
> run and can stop it you have to pass.  This is the NFL not Horace Mann
> vs. Riverdale Country Day.- Hide quoted text -

The shoulder thing just sends Chad-like shivers up my spine. Time for
the OL to earn its keep. Ground and pound.

papa.carl44

Jan 14, 2011, 9:01:29 PM1/14/11

"cd" <cd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

"Parcells would keep calling a play that worked, until they stopped it"

ABSOLUTELY...not just Parcells but every good coach from Pop Warner up....it
is a basic tenent of coaching...Make Them Stop You....and if they finally do
they will reveal another weakness for you to exploit. Schott does not buy
into this approach....neither did Daddy.

Grinch

Jan 14, 2011, 11:10:26 PM1/14/11
> Alien abduction, etc.- Hide quoted text -

Welcome back! Hope you had a good trip.

Grinch

Jan 14, 2011, 11:49:29 PM1/14/11
On Jan 14, 3:56 am, cd <c...@verizon.net> wrote:

Herm was the last of the incompetent HCs in the NFL, IMHO.

Since the big money came in the owners can't afford incompetent HCs
any more, like in the olden days. The HCs all are *extremely*
competitive now. They are *all* capable. Some are better than others,
but nobody is "bad" except compared to each other. Some are in
situations where they are better or poorer fits, have better or poorer
support, better or poorer owners etc, (think Belichick in Cleveland),
which make fans think they are "bad" when things don't work out. But
they aren't. They are all real experts, the top of the top.

Except Herm. He was a complete fraud, IMHO.

I'd love to know what he used to blackmail the NFL into giving him
*two* HC jobs with what passed for his record.

I'd use it to become a US Senator or something.

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Jan 15, 2011, 4:04:23 PM1/15/11
In article
<8bb9bdaf-96a7-4c7f...@g26g2000vbi.googlegroups.com>,
Grinch <oldn...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Since the big money came in the owners can't afford incompetent HCs
> any more, like in the olden days.

There are fans in Washington and Denver who might disagree with your
assessment. I think there are intelligent fans in SD who know it is
incorrect. Luckily the GM does not agree.

harlan

papa.carl44

Jan 16, 2011, 4:20:42 PM1/16/11

"Grinch" <oldn...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

You can just say IMO...forget the Humble part...no need to be humble...he
was perhaps the worst of the worst. I think he was somehow a test of the
Rooney Rule in a major media location and when it blew up on them he got
some help in getting out with the least distractions. I also think he had
the potential to destroy the Rooney Rule based on the fact there were plenty
of very good minority coaches available and he got the job. I would only
guess at how Woody saw him, might have gone for all the hype with the
Miracle days. Herm just seems dumb when he talks with the other guys in TV
situations.

papa.carl44

Jan 16, 2011, 4:24:10 PM1/16/11

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

It will take a few years in Washington with the owner keeping out of things
for any good to come of whoever is the coach. In San Diego I also think it
is ownership that does some stupid things, I don't like the coaching there
either, but in no way does it rival the lack of ability of guys like
Herm....and I have NO idea how someone like Richie K. got a job after
Philly, it was funny around here, we have a mix of Eagles, Giants and Jets
fans and my Eagles fan friends would just say "Get ready for the Kotite
Zone....it will feel like you are in another dimension." How right they
were.