smart trade by Minn

MZ

Apr 22, 2010, 10:46:09 PM4/22/10
They can grab Clausen in the 2nd round. They're behind three teams that
won't take a QB.

Johnctx

Apr 23, 2010, 8:28:07 AM4/23/10
MZ wrote:
> They can grab Clausen in the 2nd round. They're behind three teams that
> won't take a QB.

& you don't have to pay him round 1 money.

Michael

Apr 23, 2010, 10:20:07 AM4/23/10
On Apr 22, 10:46 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> They can grab Clausen in the 2nd round.  They're behind three teams that
>   won't take a QB.

would he be a good pick for them you think ??? this will probably be
favres last year and i dont think they are too high on jackson, so who
knows. clausen himsel would be a good fit for their passing game

Tutor

Apr 23, 2010, 10:27:45 AM4/23/10

Can you imagine what the Rams FO is thinking right now? THey could
have had Suh at 1.1 and Clauson at 2.1! But who knew?

The team worthy of ridicule is surely Denver. Denver let its
irrational hardon for Tebow cloud its draft day judgment. Geez...
they could have traded down, and not just a little, and still got
Tebow and more picks. Broncos have set themselves back by doing
this. Stupid FO there.

Harlan Lachman

Apr 23, 2010, 11:59:43 AM4/23/10
In article
<ae19714b-1551-49e6...@i37g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
Tutor <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote:

David, they had a boom or bust draft. I would never have traded up for
Demarius. Too risky to take a big WR who could not test out at full
speed and comes from an option offense. While I am sure he will be a
great blocking WR, that is not the most important attribute in a passing
league.

And spending so much for a Qb that everyone had a third round grade on
makes no sense either . I cannot believe they could not have traded up
later for less.

OTOH, if the two turn out to be stars, we will have to admit that Josh
is smarter than all of us "experts".

Johnctx

Apr 23, 2010, 12:14:53 PM4/23/10

H, he & the GM either decided that Tebow is the only real choice at QB
and that someone might take Tebow if they traded down.

Michael

Apr 23, 2010, 12:25:06 PM4/23/10

I think the team that made the worst pick was Buff. They have no
offensive line to speak of and they take a rb. One that needs a bit
of a hole. The Tebow pick was odd, but understandable given Tebow's
up side with the character-leader stuff and Josh being the supposed
next coming of Dan Henning.

MZ

Apr 23, 2010, 12:42:25 PM4/23/10

What I really don't understand is why they added a RB so early with Fred
Jackson already on the roster. And have they been able to move Marshawn
yet? This will hurt his trade value if they're still shopping him.

Michael

Apr 23, 2010, 12:46:51 PM4/23/10
> yet?  This will hurt his trade value if they're still shopping him.- Hide quoted text -

yeah... those are some other reasons for this being a bad choice for
buff. it made no sense... it is good for the jets, pats and fish,
though... all three of those teams will have two probable wins per
season. the jets, fish and pats are gonna be in a three way death
match. by roster i rate the jets first, pats second and fish third.
that being, if the jets get the sanchez that they had at the end of
the season. miami wont be a big worry so long as they have henne as
their guy

MZ

Apr 23, 2010, 1:09:07 PM4/23/10

The Pats have four picks today in a very deep draft, so I'll reserve
judgment on whose roster is better until then. In my view, the dolphins
are a clear third. But you never know.

Michael

Apr 23, 2010, 6:03:26 PM4/23/10
>    are a clear third.  But you never know.- Hide quoted text -

debateable if you can consider the guys the jets/pats draft as players
at this point... the are unproven potential

MZ

Apr 23, 2010, 6:08:40 PM4/23/10

I expect most first and second rounders to contribute pretty early,
depending on the position. Sure, some of them may not work out. But
some of them do. There are lots of unknowns on rosters, not just from
the draft. Even the Jets QB position is still an unknown.