Tristan daCunha

Jan 17, 2011, 2:45:53 PM1/17/11
bUFoRd; I bet Rachel can munch a rug, Olympic Style!

Tutor

Jan 17, 2011, 2:57:47 PM1/17/11
On Jan 17, 2:45 pm, nomdeveri...@webtv.net (Tristan daCunha) wrote:
> bUFoRd; I bet Rachel can munch a rug, Olympic Style!

Finally... someone who knows the correct spelling of buRford... I
mean where to put the upper case vs the lower case, which letters to
omit entirely and which to rearrange. Burf - you need to change that
misspelled screen name of yours.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Grinch

Jan 17, 2011, 4:49:42 PM1/17/11
On Jan 17, 8:33 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> OMG... So I wake up this morning, turn on ESPN-NY radio, and it's one pundit after the
> other, giving their *take* on the *State of the NFL Union."
> Shortly thereafter, the radio went off.
> We had all these people, who until yesterday said one thing - - and were wrong - - give
> their *expert* opinions, and start saying the complete opposite today.  All being done
> with a straight face.
>
> I'm thinkin' of startin' *The US School of Punditry,* and doing an infomercial, with the
> tag... "You, too, can become an obsequious, ignorant, blowhard... and make millions!"
> "No experience necessary."  "For 4 payments of $29.95, I'll send you everything you need
> to know, to enter this lucrative field, on 12 blank DVDs."
> This may be the solution to current job solution... there certainly are enough Media
> outlets  ;)
>
> The biggest buffoon of them all, was Tony Dungy.
> The guy is wrong about everything, then after his endless recent rants saying how
> unstoppable the Pats were, he goes into a rant about how there are no dominating teams
> this year.  And then starts talking about his new book, on how people can be better people
> (or some such nonsense).  Dungy, the no-nothing about football, also an *expert* on
> Peoplehood.
>
> Whether it's Sports, Politics, Health, Making Money... whatever - - when did this Country
> turn into this shallow, robotic, in yer face, waste of time?
> I mean, when I was young you had your commentators, but they were few, and they really
> were knowledgeable about particular areas.  It's just ridiculous now.
>
> Anyway, forget about next week, People.  The Jets are doomed.
> Ben is on a roll, and the guy with hair is back, & will single-handedly make more
> receptions against the Jets, than Braylon, Cotch, Holmes & Keller will catch combined.
> And if somehow the Jets luck out, and get by Pittsburgh, they'll face the greatest QB ever
> created by our alien overlords - - Aaron the Destroyer.
>
> As an aside, anyone starting to think that Rex may actually have the players, in the
> perfect frame of mind, to win 2 more games?
> I wonder what Trent Dilfer thinks?

Burf, you are entirely correct about how expert the expert pundits
are, and what really drives them.

Be happy that this only about fooball, a game, with nothing really at
stake. Just entertainment.

Don't think about how all the same things are true, x10,000, in
politics, where the stakes are immense. That's unhappy-thought.

Churchill was right when he said "The best argument against democracy
is the average voter" and "Democracy is the worst form of government
except for all the others that have actually been tried". He was
being amusing but not kidding.

(And he wasn't making a left/right argument "The best argument against
democracy is the average voter on the other side" . It's the average
voter on *our* side. Whichever that is. Even if that average voter is
us.)

Back to entertainment!

Harlan Lachman

Jan 17, 2011, 8:38:18 PM1/17/11
In article <5ic8j6t73r4k9v5be...@4ax.com>,
buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

You scared the sh_t out of me. I thought the pundits were saying we
would win.

I love the underdog role on the road. Bart Scott can bark all the way to
Dallas.
\