Re: This puts Cromartie with a clean slate...

Message has been deleted

frndt...@aol.com

Mar 5, 2010, 11:16:37 PM3/5/10
On Mar 5, 4:26�pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> ... to me ;)
>
> ''I made some wrong decisions in my first two years in the NFL and now I have to take on
> that responsibility of being a father to my kids,'' he said. ''That's what I have to do.''

Woohoo, the player that helped clinch the Jets when he stood Dion like
is gone , well shoot,sorry Dion, even you would have tried to tackle
knowing the importance of a play in the 4th Q of a PO game..

Clean slate?
What is he going ot start wearing a condom? He is going to break Shawn
kemp's record for kids with different women. 7 kids or so with 6
women in 6 years? That's fucked up, and the Chargers are a better team
with him removed. He cost them games with his being distracted by "off
field" events.

With Revis on the other side he will have a chance to be hero or
chump. It could be scarily good in fact. And as high as I saw you Jet
fans get this past season that idea will have you all spouting Gint
smack up until you lose your 9th game next year.. Actually I would
like to see the Jets win the east so the draft pick becomes a second.
And to beat down Bellicheat of course

Peace
jeff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A4-ZCY0raY

part dos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zah5VHgPPU4&feature=related

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Mar 6, 2010, 1:41:00 PM3/6/10

"graybeard" <gray...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 19:26:58 -0500 buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
>
>>On a different note... as for dates, when will we know that the Jets are
>>sticking with
>>Gholston, rather than cutting their losses?? Is there some kind of
>>deadline?
>
> Both Tannenbaum and Ryan have already announced that Gholston is getting
> another chance. The following was reported by several sources a couple
> of weeks ago:
>
> "I think that is an accurate statement," said Ryan Saturday at the NFL
> Combine in Indianapolis when asked if 2010 is a make-or-break season for
> Gholston.
>
> "Generally by the third year, you got to see a guy really making strides
> and I expect Vernon to really make strides this year."
>
> Tannenbaum has also said recently that Kerry Rhodes will be back with
> the Jets.
> --
> graybeard

So, what does Vernon have on Woody Johnson? He has to have a set of
pictures or emails or something.....nobody that bad stays without some kind
of special connections.

Ian White

Mar 6, 2010, 4:06:41 PM3/6/10

He's got 21 million guaranteed reasons to keep him hanging around. If
you're paying the man that much, you might as well get 1 oz as 100 tons.

--
Ian

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Mar 6, 2010, 9:41:56 PM3/6/10

"Ian White" <newsgrops_REM@OVE_ianwhitephoto.co.uk> wrote in message

And lose a roster spot that could be a missing piece? Sometimes you just
have to cut things loose. He is not going to be a player. When the game
becomes more about the financial dealings than the playing...it's not a game
worth watching anymore. It's close to where the actual winning and losing
is done by accountants, agents and such, this just is not what it should be
at all. OK, I'm old, but us old folks still have some integrity and values
I think.

papa.carl44

Mar 6, 2010, 9:43:28 PM3/6/10

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
> It's the ego thang, Carl. They don't want to admit they blew it ;)

Shit...I'll tell them, no problem, and every time they let him on the field
he proves it for them. Like I said in post before this, it's gotten to be
way too much a game of accountants, lawyers and agents.

Harlan Lachman

Mar 6, 2010, 10:55:13 PM3/6/10
In article <xuKdnVakvKPpjw7W...@giganews.com>,
"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:

Papa, it is only a roster spot some time in August.

Frankly, I hope they keep him on the roster through OTAs, and training
camp.

If he doesn't look transformed, cut him them.

Not now so some other team can take a flyer on him at our expense (I
think we have to pay for this year) and learn their system too.

harlan

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Johnctx

Mar 8, 2010, 7:52:51 AM3/8/10
buRford wrote:

> On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 10:10:43 -0500, graybeard <gray...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 19:26:58 -0500 buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On a different note... as for dates, when will we know that the Jets are sticking with
>>> Gholston, rather than cutting their losses?? Is there some kind of deadline?
>> Both Tannenbaum and Ryan have already announced that Gholston is getting
>> another chance. The following was reported by several sources a couple
>> of weeks ago:
>>
>> "I think that is an accurate statement," said Ryan Saturday at the NFL
>> Combine in Indianapolis when asked if 2010 is a make-or-break season for
>> Gholston.
>>
>> "Generally by the third year, you got to see a guy really making strides
>> and I expect Vernon to really make strides this year."
>>
>> Tannenbaum has also said recently that Kerry Rhodes will be back with
>> the Jets.
>
> Kinda sad that they'd rather play dumb for another year, as opposed to accepting the
> opportunity given to them by the uncapped year. Hopefully, they've seen something lost on
> me ;)
> As for Rhodes, I think his possible departure was a non-story concocted by the media.

buRf, it isn't about playing dumb it is that all the dead money comes
due the first capped year so the uncapped year is immaterial on
Gholston. If a stud FA falls into our lap we can cut him in August if
Gholston causes roster restrictions.